Status: Finished

Elvish Parchment

I

“Tyariel, you will get hurt if you keep doing this.” Legolas’ voice echoed through her ears again, and yet she did not mind it.
Although they had one hundred years of difference, Legolas and Tyariel were very close as siblings. There was no place one was, that the other wasn’t, which made them quite the pair when in battle.

The spiders had become a threat to their Kingdom once again, which meant that the two brothers, along with Tauriel, were busy making sure no one could trespass and terrorize the innocent Elves who knew nothing of such situation occurring right under their noses.

Being the reckless Elf she was, Tyariel was always the one to throw herself blade first at the large insects, which caused Legolas’ heart skip a beat. Tauriel, knowing of this, was always the first one to leap and help, whilst the blonde male followed suit.

Tyariel and Legolas did not look alike; somehow, the she-elf’s hair was darker than her brothers, and her eyes were of a greenish brown that no other Elf seemed to possess. However, their minds worked in synch, which was why Tauriel got along so well with both of them.

Legolas had long ago developed an infatuation with the Captain of the Guard. Both Tauriel and Tyariel knew of this fact, yet since said feelings were not reciprocated, no one dared address the subject. Tauriel’s heart belonged to another, whose heart was taken by another Elf that was not her.

Kili had met Tyariel first when the Dwarves were captured by the spiders’ hideout, and she had become infatuated by the Dwarf’s cheekiness, and his hability to be both dorkish and intense at the same time. During the few encounters they had had, the flirting had turned out intense, which caused Tauriel to soon give up on the small hint of interest she had gained on him.

“Alright, we’re done for today. There’s no more.” The elf ignored her brother’s grunts and sighs, walking side-by-side with Tauriel, chuckling. She had become the sister that Tyariel never had, and their bond had become stronger as time passed them both by.

This did not totally please Legolas; he was never the jealous type, yet when the subject was Tauriel, there was a nerve that was hit with such force that everyone would experience the small hints of anger coming from the usually very calm Legolas.

As the two of them walked, he followed right behind, sighing as he always felt like the third wheel whenever the three of them would go out. He didn’t quite mind; it was only sometimes that he wished he could embrace her just like Tyariel did. However, that would be highly inappropriate.

“Tyariel, words have come for you. The letter has been left in your chamber.” One of the guards told her as the trio passed by the large doors of the Palace, their turn having finished at last.

Tyariel’s heart skipped a beat; she knew whose words they were, and without a doubt she had been eagerly expecting them.

It was a very risky move; the thought of getting caught sent shivers down the Elf’s spine and a shiver would shake her entire body. Some things were merely meant to be kept a secret, and this was one of those turns. Both Tauriel and Legolas eyed the Elf, but she did not let out a word besides a thank you to the guard.

“I am going to see Ada. Will you two join me?” Legolas’ voice cut off the silence that had been installed between them all.

Tauriel was the first one to decline the offer; Thranduil was still not her biggest fan, and things were just now calming down ever since the Battle had taken place. Tyariel declined as well, which peaked Legolas’ curiosity.

“Do not give me that look.” Tyariel was quick to tell her brother, who had perched up his eyebrows in confusion and curiosity. “I am tired and wish to take a bath and rest. I will see Ada later.”

Although the male was not completely convinced by the poor excuse given by his sister, he obliged, merely nodding and leaving the two behind, after bowing to them both. He was beyond annoyed; whenever those two agreed with something or ran out together somewhere, his jealousy would peak, and he was still not good at hiding what disturbed him.

Tauriel’s eyes moved to Tyariel.

“I know you hide something, Tyariel. However, I will not push the subject, until you decide to tell me. I do have a guess, yet I shall keep it to myself.” Tauriel told her softly, a very amused smile on her lips.

She had quickly dismissed any feelings she had for anyone, being happy enough to spend her days doing what she was good at and loved. Thranduil had only let her come back due to her firmness in not wishing to be with Legolas as more than her best friend.

“One day, dearest Tauriel… One day.” She sealed the promise with a long and tight hug, followed by a kiss on the cheek.

**

Her feet could not move any faster through the sets of stairs and long halls of the Palace; never before had her room seemed so far away. Antecipation and excitement coursed through her veins at what words she could possibly be reading in just a few moments.

When she finally reached her chambers, she instructed the guard in front of the door not to disturb her, before the large door was closed and she was finally alone.

A single piece of paper was lying down on the bed, yellow and slightly wrinkled, and she immediately knew he had trouble when trying to make it pretty. Tyariel moved to the bed, taking the piece from the silk sheets and opening it with eagerness. Her eyes scanned the paper and she smiled, tears filling her eyes with nothing but joy.

‘My beloved Tyariel,
I know it has been long since I wrote anything to you.
Perhaps I didn’t know what to write, or perhaps I just
cannot bear the fact that we have been apart for months.
This letter had to be sent, because I can no longer deny
what I feel for you.
There is no day that passes that I do not dream of your
beautiful hair, your sweet scent and delicate yet deathly
touch.
Though I may not live long enough to tell you this in person,
I shall always say this to you by paper.
I am completely and utterly in love with you.

Yours forever,
Kili.’
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like this little One-Shot!
Opinions and other comments are highly appreciated!
xx