Letter to My Dearest Friend

How We Met

I was struggling a lot emotionally and I don't think there were very many moments where i was sober. And if there was i was probably in a terrible mood or completely breaking down. My english teacher was on my ass about going to some stupid beach trip with the christian club at school and he kept insisting. And finally i said yes.
The morning of i was getting ready to leave and my mother and I got into a huge fight and i do not remember about what exactly but i just know that she left me and i was not going to walk to school so i just stayed home. I didn't make in time for the rally at school but i got there in time for the parade and to go to the beach trip. As much as i did not want to go i said fuck it. Anything to get away from my mom and anything to get my English teacher off my ass.
I guess we all had to meet at McDonalds and so we got there and not that many people were there yet so we ordered food. So were eating and joking and just having a good time and in walk these 3 guys. Cruz, his little brother Luis and Marquis. And the little brother, i thought he was so cute and then i looked over at Cruz and my heart sank. He looked just like the boy who recently had broken my heart just the other night and i turned around and just thought to myself... I NEED a blunt or something.
We got to the beach and we set everything up and everyone got to doing their own thing while i sat there dying on the inside and just writing in my poetry book. I noticed Marquis trying to talk to me and i just kept trying to cut him off and finally he left me alone. I tried to ignore Cruz as much as I could and he decided to talk to me after he noticed me writing but i was in my own world.
I don't know how but I ended up just letting marquis get his way and honestly it made me uncomfortable but what the hell did i care at the end of the day. I was probably never gonna see him again so fuck it. But one thing led to another and me and Cruz hit it off. I shared some poetry with him and I ended up really just... opening up a little more than i wanted to and kinda crying about the one who had broken my heart but he understood cause he knew him. We just vibed and I was SUPER feeling him but then I thought to myself that he is probably just being nice and a guy like that would never be into me. But we talked and laughed and then it was time to leave and I did not want the night to end. I noticed I totally lost my shades. I was so mad and Cruz decided to help me look for them and this is where he got smooth and i still kinda chuckle when I think of it.
We did not find them so he takes his shades and sais that I can borrow them.
"I probably won't see you again though so I won't get them back" and I remember just smiling. I told him to add me on facebook cause my step dad was super strict about my phone.
I left just replaying all the awesome moment I had with him over and over and just wishing my night with him would have never ended.