Into Your Arms

Two

I had only been walking for a few minutes when I started to see the lights from the street lamps, Ah, Mystic Falls, my own personal hell. I stopped when I came to a large oak tree. Its branches twisted and twined into each other. The tree itself was very old, the roots stretched deep into the ground, and the road beside it however was not as old. It had been put in in 1889, with large oak trees every few feet along the sides. This road that led into the dark forest also led to my new home.

The further I walked down the road, the further apart the trees grew. The plants and grass became tamer. The road led to large clearing, in the middle sat an old Victorian house; it had cream coloured siding with a gold trim. The curtains and windows were closed and all the lights were off inside.

I made my way up the stone path and then the steps. I stood in front of the door for a moment before knocking loudly. I waited for several minute without a response. I knocked again, louder this time. After I few minutes I could hear footsteps and the sound of the stairs creaking.

The footsteps stopped on the other side of the door. It was quiet for a moment other than the metallic sound of the deadbolt sliding open. The door creaked open slowly to reveal a young woman. She was wearing a white t-shirt and read and white pajama bottoms. Her dark brown hair was pulled up into a ponytail. Her large hazel eyes stared at me in shock. I could tell she was debating whether or not to close the door in my face. She stared at me for a moment longer before sighing heavily and opening the door.

“Hello Cadence.” She said stepping forward.

“Hey Bristol.” I replied.

“What are you doing here?”

“I need a place to stay for a while, if you don’t mind.” I said with my most innocent smile.

“Fine, come on.” She turned around and walked into the house. I followed closing the door behind me.

Bristol grumbled something inaudibly and walked upstairs. I walked up them behind running my hand along the wooden bannister as I went. At the top of the stairs Bristol gave me a slight nod before heading into her room and closing the door.

I turned to the right and followed the hallway all the way to the end. I came to a large solid dark oak door and opened it. The room itself was quite large. The walls were painted a light green, the curtain covering were the windows were thick and cream coloured. In the middle of the room was a large black iron canopy bed.

I walked into the room closing the door behind me. I sat on the edge of the bed and unzipped my boots. I threw them into the corner of the room. I pulled off my top and jean, undid my bra and climbed into bed.

……

I woke up the sound of bacon sizzling in a frying pan downstairs. The smell of it wafted through the house, I inhaled deeply, taking it in. I yanked the covers off of me and dressed quickly. I ran down the stairs running my hands through my messy hair.

“Good morning” Bristol said taking a sip of her coffee. “Any plans today?”

“Going shopping” I replied. “I really need to get some new clothes, you?”

“Well I have school and then work after. So I need you to be on your best behavior. Okay?”

“Scout’s honour” I said saluting her. “I’ll see you later”

I grabbed a set of keys of the key hook in the kitchen and headed to the garage. Bristol kept a couple cars in the large garage behind the house. I opened the door and hit the unlock button on the key fob. The locks unlocked on a black 2015 Chevrolet Captiva. The windows were tinted dark. I opened the door and climbed in. I pressed the button pad on the dash to open the garage door

I cranked up the radio and took off down the driveway. I was heading to the next town. They were slightly bigger than Mystic Falls and had a large mall that would meet all the my clothing needs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and subscribe :)