Status: C O M P L E T E D | 9-28-16

Give Into Me.

Start a Fire

"Adleigh, - Ads? Hey!" A hand shaking my forearm snaps me out of my daydream as I stare blankly at the wall of liquor behind the wooden bar. Looking over to my right my blonde best friend is staring at me all wide-eyed and bushy tailed.

"What? Sorry, I zoned out.."

She rolls her eyes and nods her head down the length of the bar, "Obviously, look down there do you see the guy in the black sweatshirt?" I lean back in my chair slowly my green eyes panning down the rows of people until I see who she's talking about. Dark hair, scruffy face, all black sweatshirt, he does not look familiar to me at all. "What about him?" I ask picking up my glass of whiskey and Coke swallowing the little liquid that is left.

"He's been staring at you for the last 20 minutes, he's cute right?" I motion for the bartender and slide my empty glass over to him looking back over at Hannah as he refills my cup.

"I guess?" I shrug as a new Jack and Coke appears in front of me, "Thanks Cody," I smile at the bartender who just nods and walks away adding it to my tab.

"Adleigh, do you not know who that is?!' At this point her voice is rising and her perfectly manicured finger is pointing in his direction.

"No, Hannah I do not. Stop pointing in his direction, you're going to make a scene!" Reluctantly the blonde puts her finger down and shakes her head.

"That's Tyler Seguin, Ads." I take another sip of my drink pondering the name, I've lived in Dallas my whole life am I supposed to know who that is?
"Help a girl out, Han I don’t think I know him." Hannah covers her mouth in disbelief, I know he doesn’t play for the Cowboys but any other Dallas sports team's roster is pretty blank to me.

"Dallas Stars, Adleigh we went to like 5 games last season! How could you not remember?!" I shrug at her, those games were fun but hockey still wasn't my thing. My family was strictly football and baseball and with me working in the Cowboys organization that was really all I knew.

"Sorry, this is Texas I'm still not all that into ice hockey. Nor am I obsessed with the players like some of us, what's his name again that you're in love with?" I laugh at my best friend as she scowls at me as I call her out on her obsession with the Dallas Stars' captain.

"His name is Jamie Benn, and he's like best friends with Seguin and I am not obsessed. I have a boyfriend thank you very much!" Hannah sasses taking a drink of her beer and looking to her right. Her brown eyes shoot back over quickly as she slams her bottle back down, "Holy shit, he's coming over here." I hear the words fall out of her mouth and before I have time to look around there's a new body on my left. My eyes widen at Hannah and she mouths 'turn around' to me, I already know how this is going to go and pretty boy's not going to get what he wants from me.

Turning in the chair slowly my eyes connect with his and I get a good look at his face, dammit why is he so cute?! He keeps smiling at me but doesn’t say anything, "Are you okay?" I ask as he continues to stare at me, at least his eyes are locked on mine and not wandering down my shirt. My words seem to startle him as he flinches a bit snapping back into reality, "No, I mean yeah- uhh, Hi I'm Tyler." He sticks out his hand and I return the awkward gesture.

"Adleigh."

"Hadley?" He questions and it's not the first time someone's gotten my name wrong, actually if I had a dollar for every time that happened I wouldn’t be working two and a half jobs.

"Without the H," I correct him and he nods.

"Sorry, I've never heard that before. It's different, I like it." Well at least he didn’t use the 'That's a pretty name for a pretty girl' line, but close enough.

"Thank you? It's Hebrew, not exactly a common name." I take a sip of my drink and Tyler draws the attention of Cody ordering a beer for himself, "Can I buy you a drink?" Tyler asks and I smile but disagree, "Thank you, but this is my last one I have to work in the morning."

"Bummer, what do you do?" He pokes leaning against the bar waiting for his drink.

"Tomorrow's adventure is cheer coach," I shyly admit, looking at me no one would guess I've been a cheerleader my entire life it's probably the almost maroon colored hair covering my head, something that came along after I retired from professional cheerleading.

"Just tomorrow?" Tyler questions with a confused tone and place my glass to my lips looking at him over the rim.

"You're asking a lot of questions, Tyler." I can see a little blush on his cheeks beneath the stubble as he rubs his neck, clearly embarrassed on being called out.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to off-" I shake my head and cut him off before he dives into some bogus apology, "I was just joking, my sense of humor isn't for everyone." I can hear my best friend laughing beside me and I turn from Tyler to face her.

"What sense of humor, Ads? You're just sarcastic and blunt." Hannah chirps and I resist the urge to flip her off.

"Tyler this is my roommate Hannah, Hannah you already know who Tyler is." Hannah extends her hand across the bar to Tyler who shakes it but looks royally confused. "Nice to meet you, Seguin. Big fan," She tells him and he looks back at me.

"Wait, you know who I am?" He questions like I should have jumped at the chance to be speaking with the one and only Tyler Seguin.

"I didn't, until Hannah told me. Sorry, I didn't throw myself at you if that's what you're used to?" It comes out flat with a bit of venom at the end, I've dealt with asshole athletes my whole life and it looks like I've just stumbled upon another one.

"I didn't mean it like that, I just- well you didn't act like you knew who I was. It was refreshing,"

"Well this is Texas after all, not everyone cares about hockey." I bite back, feeling the smirk on my lips as Hannah hits my shoulder.

"Adleigh, be nice." She scolds to which I just roll my eyes, I'm only speaking the truth. Down South ice hockey will never be number one, no matter how well the Stars do they will never compare to the Cowboys, Texans, Rangers, Astros, or hell even the Mavericks.

"No, it's fine. Not the first time someone's bashed my job, it is the first time that it's been a hot girl though." Tyler jokes and I can't help but laugh as I lean back in my chair giving Hannah the opportunity to talk to Tyler herself.

"In case you haven't caught on Adleigh has no filter, especially around boys or when she talks about sports. And you're doing both so you've got double trouble," Hannah explains and I fake cough catching their attention, "I can hear you, thank you Hannah."

"Just warning the kid," The blonde holds her hands up in defense and I shake my head reaching for my glass and downing the rest of the liquid.

"Well, it was nice meeting you Tyler but I think it's time I take blabber mouth over here home." I motion my eyes over to Hannah and she pouts like she doesn’t want to go home but it's getting late and I have to be in Plano at 8 am. "It was nice to meet you too Hadley without the H, maybe I'll see you around?"

I shrug my shoulders reaching for the leather jacket draped across the back of my chair, "You might, we do live in the same city."

"It'd be a little easier if you gave me your number," Tyler looks down at me and I shake my head, there it is I think as I look up at him a smug grin spread across his bearded face. I raise my eyebrows and think about my next move, running my thumb across my bottom lip. "You'll have to work a little harder for that, Seguin."

He looks taken aback, like he's never had to actually work for a girl's number before but with a face like that and his bank account I would assume most girls do drop at his feet. Hannah assesses the situation and pulls her keys from her purse, "I'm going to go get the car, I'll meet you outside Adi. Nice meeting you Tyler, good luck tomorrow."

Tyler waves and thanks her as she walks by and continues to stare at me one hand on the bar the other in his pocket, I cross my arms over my chest waiting on him to speak giving him 30 seconds before I walk away.

"Come to my game." I choke back my laugh, staring blankly at him wondering if he's serious.

"Did I not just tell you that I don’t like hockey?"

"Have you ever even been to a game? Hannah would love it."

"We went to like 5 last season, still not a fan. Meeting you in a bar and going to one more game isn't going to change that."

"How about this, glass seats and if I score you have to give me your number. If I come up empty you get to continue to hate hockey and never have to speak to me again, deal?" I purse my lips, I guess one more trip to AAC won't kill me and Hannah would die to be that close to Captain Benn.

"Deal, empty net doesn’t count though." He nods and shoots me a smile that would kill any other girl.

"I need your last name for the tickets, can you at least give me that?"

"Reichman, Adleigh Reichman." Tyler's brown eyes widen at the sound of my last name.

"Like Reichman Motors?"

I nod grabbing my purse, "Like Reichman Motors, maybe I'll see you tomorrow Seguin."

"Oh, you'll be seeing me Reichman."

Making my way out of the bar I catch sight of Hannah's Ford Focus parallel parked along the curb, pulling the door open I flop into the passenger's seat. "Did you give it to him?" She questions as I fasten my seatbelt and I shake my head no. "Dammit Adleigh Ruth, why are you so stubborn?"

I shrug, stubborn should be my middle name or maybe hardheaded, "Shut up, I did make a deal with him though if you'd like to hear it." Hannah begins the drive to our apartment and turns the radio down so I can explain myself, "Are you free tomorrow night?"

"Yeah, Luke has to work. Why?"

"Good, we're going to go watch hot shot play some hockey." Hannah looks over at me like I've completely lost my marbles as we sit at a red light.

"Did you not just mock the man's career to his face?"

"We made a bet, you and I get glass seats to tomorrow's game and if he scores he gets my number. So you get the night of your life and he maybe gets a shot at ever speaking to me again. Not like he doesn’t have a thousand other girls lined up if I don’t take the bait."

"I'm not sure if that's evil or genius, Ads. Either way we're about to have one hell of a weekend!" Hannah pulls into our parking lot and I unclip my seatbelt more than ready to get out of the jeans and heels I've been wearing all day.

"Well that's me Adleigh Reichman; evil genius, washed up cheerleader, and PR guru." Making our way inside and to the elevator we both begin to yawn it’s only a little after eleven but we're both exhausted and I have to be up way too early for a Saturday. Hannah opens our door and I peel off my shoes tossing them in the direction of the shoe rack and not even caring that that's not really where they go.

"Sounds about right! Go to bed Dr. Evil you have a slew of 16 year olds to scream at in the morning," I mock her with a fake evil laugh as I walk down the hallway to my bedroom closing the door behind me. After washing my face and changing into my pajamas I crawl under the covers of my bed and plug in my iPhone, curiosity gets the best of me as I scroll through Twitter and I find myself on Tyler's profile. It's rather boring pretty much hockey everything but it is the beginning of the season so that's understandable.

My finger hovers over the follow button and with a gust of confidence I push the little blue button and exit out of the app. It's not 20 minutes later that my phone dings with a notification from Twitter, @TSeguinOfficial has requested to follow @AdiRuth08. Of course he was still awake, I accept his follow request put my phone on silent and hope to God he doesn’t spend the rest of the night stalking my Twitter.
♠ ♠ ♠
welcome back, ya'll. Adleigh's back just with a few revisions! (sorry for offending anyone previously) enjoy the new version and leave me some feedback! :)