Status: C O M P L E T E D | 9-28-16

Give Into Me.

Draw You In.

It's an average Friday morning in the Dallas Cowboy's office everyone still regrouping from the big Thanksgiving game while prepping for the upcoming Sunday afternoon showdown when my cellphone starts ringing from it's perch on my desk. My job involves a lot of phone calls and social media interactions so being on my phone never seems to be an issue at work.

"Hello?" I greet sliding the Cowboy's incased iPhone between my ear and shoulder.

"Hey, I'm glad you answered." My mind registers the voice to Tyler and my lips curl up into a smile, he's been on the road for a few days so it's nice to hear from him.

"Glad you called, are you guys home?" As he talks about their landing last night and their morning skate in preparation for tonight's game I keep working on a Twitter contest on my Mac.

"Anyway, I was calling to see if I could bring you lunch? I, uhh I missed you and I don't really want to wait until after the game." I can hear the nervousness in his voice and can only imagine the blush beneath the stubble on his perfect cheekbones.

"If you want, I'm always down for food. My lunch break is at noon," I look down at my left wrist to the Michael Kors watch seeing that it's almost 11:30.

"Perfect, I'll see you in a few Ads." He's off the line after that and I practically have to shake my head to clear my mind of Tyler Seguin. We're on a deeper level now, and it's scary how much this boy has invaded my head lately. Our conversations both in person and on the phone are longer and in depth, he's talked about his family how important they are to him and how part of him wishes that they would move to Texas too.

I've listened to him talk about hockey more than I actually cared too considering the game doesn't really peak my interest but it's the most important thing in his life so I'm learning to like it. He's even told me about the things I read on the internet, we've skimmed over the topic of Boston but I keep reassuring him that none of that bothers me. Everyone has a past and unfortunately his happens to be blasted all over the web. Tyler is trying really hard to prove to me that his not the party boy everyone makes him out to be and I can see that. The man has a heart of gold and for some reason he wants to share it with me.

"Hey, Adleigh you've got a visitor do you mind if I send him back?" The front desk receptionist asks through the speaker in my desk and I smile knowing it's Tyler and my stomach grumbles as I think of the food he's brought with him.

"Go ahead, Kate. Thank you!" I clear the white desk of papers and planners stuffing them all into my bag and the filing cabinet behind my desk. The metal cabinet clicks shut as a knocking sound fills the room, I turn in my royal blue Steve Madden pumps towards the door "It's open," I call out and watch as Tyler steps over the threshold. He's dressed in dark jeans tucked into high top sneakers and an Under Armour sweatshirt wrapped tight around his arms, holding a bag from an Italian restaurant in his hands.

"Wow, delivery boys are much better looking these days." I joke stepping around the desk taking the bag from Tyler placing it on top of my desk.

"Side job," He smiles wrapping his arms around my waist engulfing me in a surprise hug, with no place else to go my arms snake around his neck our bodies pressed as close as they have been in weeks. My nose is flooded with the smell of Tyler's cologne, a dark and warm scent that makes you feel at ease mixed with garlic from the Italian food. He holds onto me for what feels like forever, long enough that I lean my head against his shoulder and I can feel his body fall at east, maybe he just really needed a hug.

"You okay?" I whisper against the skin of his neck the stubble tickling my chin, pulling back once the words are out to look up at him.

He shrugs my body moving along with his shoulders, "Rough trip, we lost 2 out of 3."

"I'm sorry, you'll get 'em tonight. Right? I mean I'll be there so you have to win." I raise my eyebrows and Tyler cracks that adorable smile and I know in that moment he's back.

"Yeah, of course I've gotta have my lucky charm."

"Damn straight, can we eat please? I'm starving." Tyler lets go of me and I grab the bag ripping inside to see the contents.

"And this is why I like you," He points at me with his fork as I cover my mouth swallowing the wad of pasta I had just shoved in.

"What? Because I eat in front of you? News flash I don't really care that you're a hockey god Ty, you're not that cool to me."

"Don’t worry, you've made it pretty clear that you don't care who I am. But yes, I like that you were more excited to see the food than me, you're just, you're normal and I need some of that in my life."

"I think I'm pretty far from normal, Ty. I'm pretty weird myself, my job isn't average, my past job is even more off. We're nothing close to normal."

"You know you don't really talk about being on the squad much," Tyler swirls pasta on his fork and I look past his head to a picture of the squad and I the last year I made the team.

"It's in the past, I've hung up my boots."

"You miss it, eh?" I can't contain my little snort at the 'eh' but I nod as my answer.

"Everyday, every time I walk past the locker room, every Sunday; it was hard to walk away." Putting my fork down and pull at my bottom lip trying not to get too emotional.

"Injuries suck," Tyler states flatly watching as I suddenly walk over to grab the black frame from the cabinet behind him, my Cowboy's portrait beside the team picture I pick it up.

"I think I'd give anything to get back on the field, back in those boots one more time but I know it's a bad idea." Tyler pulls on my hand swinging me around to stand in front of him.

"Let me see that," he nods toward the frame and I hold it out towards him but that's not good enough for him, in one swift tug and skillfully thought out move I find myself in Tyler's lap one arm wrapped around my waist as he looks at the pictures.

"You look beautiful, Adleigh." I can feel his chin digging into my shoulder as he leans over and I purse my lips looking at my old self with a more natural dark brown hair color, a golden tan and the iconic outfit wrapped smoothly around the body that for the most part I still had.

"Thank you, I kind of miss my old hair. This red is kind of hard to keep up."

"It’s not your hair, Ads it's the smile on your face I can tell that cheering is what you were meant to do. It's like your hockey," I smile looking at the picture and for Tyler's kind words he's right, cheering is my hockey, cheering was my life and as much as I still wish it was still my 'job' I know that it can't be.

"Thank you, for lunch Ty." I gather my emotional self and stand from Tyler's lap a place that I know that I should not have been, using my hands I smooth the black pleather of my pencil skirt adjusting the white top that is tucked into the seam. I can feel Tyler's eyes scanning me from top to bottom as I gather the trash from my desk tossing the waste into the Texas Longhorns trash can beneath my desk. He looks away quickly as I turn back to face him watching as his tall frame rises out of the white and stainless steel office chair.

"Anytime, Ads. I'll ugh see you after the game? I have something I want to show you tonight, tell Hannah I'll be bringing you home."

"So you're making plans for me now, Seguin?" I cross my arms across my chest and give him a curious look.

"For tonight? Yes. I'll see you later, lucky charm." Tyler shoots me a wink before sliding out my office door closing it behind him, I brace my body weight with my arms on the edge of my desk staring across the room at the photo hanging back on the wall. The brunette smiling back at me is a girl I left in the past, I am not her anymore in looks or in emotions but sometimes I wish I still was.

Hours later Hannah and I find ourselves back in the American Airlines Center watching Tyler, Jamie and the rest of the gang chasing the tiny black puck back and forth for almost 3 hours. By now I've kind of gotten the hang of the rules and penalties but the game still is a bit of a bore to me, that is until someone starts fighting. As awful as it sounds the fights are my favorite part, thankfully Tyler's never really involved in them but I do enjoy watching Jamie and Antoine drop the gloves.

The game winds down as the Stars faithful stand to congratulate the team on their 4-2 win over the Sabres, Hannah and I clap along watching the boys in Victory Green gather at center ice saluting the arena with their sticks. As the team files off the ice and the arena begins to clear Hannah reaches down for her purse, "Okay, 'lucky charm' I'm heading out, Luke's on his way over. But, if the boy doesn't bring you back by midnight I'm calling the cops."

"Thanks, Han. If Tyler is going to kill me tonight I'm glad you've got my back." She claps her hand on my shoulder before walking up the stairs.

"Anytime, Adi. Go see Tyler, I'm sure he's all hot and sweaty waiting for ya!" The automatic response to her sass is an eye roll on my part and a scoff.

"Shut up, Hannah." I follow her up the stairs and as she joins the rest of the fans on the concourse headed for the parking lots I head for an elevator to take me downstairs. In the basement of the arena wives, girlfriends, kids, and other close friends and family members line the hallway waiting for the players to emerge from the locker room. I wave at the ones I recognize from Thanksgiving and give small smiles to the ones that I don't know settling in beside Abby Sharp and her two little girls.

"Well, look who it is! We didn’t think you were here since you didn’t come upstairs," Abby comments hiking her youngest, Sadie up onto her hip.

"Yeah, I'm usually here. Just down in the stands with my roommate, she's a big hockey fan."

"Well she's welcome upstairs too girl, anytime. Or when you're ready, I know it's a big step." At least she understands where I'm coming from.

"I'll keep that in mind.. So Maddie what did you think of your daddy's goal?" I ask the little blonde crouching down to her level as she plays with the hem of her tiny victory green jersey. She explains to me her take on the game and introduces me to her Victor E Green doll as I fiddle with the gold rings on my fingers watching a few of the guys trickle out of the locker room. Eventually it's Tyler's turn to step out and he looks like he's ready to strut down a runway not like he just played a hockey game.

"Seggy!" Maddie cheers as he approaches and she runs over giving his legs a hug.

"Hi, Mads. Where's my jersey at?" The little girl shrugs and Tyler grins at her before looking up at her mother.

"Hey, Abby he'll will be right out. Ads, you ready to go? We've gotta hurry." Tyler looks over at me and I nod waving at the Sharp girls as we walk down the hallway. My short legs struggle to keep pace with Tyler's even more than usual in the pair of high heeled booties I absentmindedly wore to a hockey game as we wind our way through the tunnels beneath the stadium.

"Ty, where are we going? And why are you running!!"

"You'll see, we're almost there." He rounds a corner and the sound of groups of people fills my ears ahead of us is a cluster of families; small children, teens, and adults swarmed around a few young boys in Stars jerseys who are in wheelchairs. The group of people explodes in excitement seeing Tyler entering into the area and I stop walking, watching the interaction from a far. Tyler takes the time to meet with every single one of the guests, taking pictures and signing autographs and it's not until I see a little girl in a shirt that reads 'Seguin's Stars' that I understand what's happening in front of me. He wanted to show me his softer side, and it makes my heart swell seeing him making these people's night, those kids look up to him and I can't fight the cheesy smile spread across my face.

My staring at the group doesn’t go unnoticed as a few of the kids have nodded in my direction and I've caught a teenage girl staring at me a few times when she isn't engulfed in following Tyler's every move. Looking away from the group I reach into my purse and pull out my iPhone scrolling Twitter and deciding to text Hannah the 'great surprise'.

A: So, he took me to see his charity! Its so cute Han!
H: what kind of charity? Did he introduce you?!
A: Seguin's stars? Idk what it's about yet, I just hung back observing
H: Aww, he does have a heart. Are you coming home right after?
A: I'll let you know, he's coming back.
H: okay, kid . Love you
A: love you too mom.

As Tyler begins waking back my way I slide the phone into the back pocket of my ripped black jeans, adjusting the strap of my bag on my shoulder. I look back and see that the group is loading into an elevator, while I watch a sudden weight lands on my shoulders. Tyler's hand on my shoulder pulls my body into his and I'm engulfed in his scent and warmth something the basement of this building is lacking. "So, what'd you think?" He asks leading us as one through the never ending concrete hallway.

"Care to explain first before I give you my take on it?" Looking up through my eyelashes at his grinning face I feel my stomach flip full of butterflies like a nervous 16 year old.

"I will while we're driving, I'm starving." We're in the parking lot now headed towards one of Tyler's many vehicles in the dark Dallas night, lights flash on a fancy sports car and Tyler open's the passenger's side door of a white Ferrari.

"Deal, thanks." I politely add as he closes me into the car before walking around to his side. He climbs in and the engine roars to life as we both buckle our seatbelts, the radio is turned down just low enough that you can hear the music but not make out the words as Tyler starts talking drawing my attention back into the car and off the beautiful Dallas skyline.

"So, I have this friend Derrick, he was in a really bad accident a few years ago and he uhh, he was paralyzed. " At the last word my eyes widen in shock and I look across the console at Tyler who's just focused on the road telling the story calmly.

"Ty, I-" What does one say to that?

"It's okay, he's the same old Derrick but it was just a huge change for all of us and watching him go through all the rehab and everything really changed me as a person. So when, I was traded I wanted to do something for him. I wanted to start new here, Dallas was a second chance for me."

"You started a charity to honor him? Tyler that's amazing, everything back there was great those people love you, Dallas loves you. You're their hero, Ty." In a total move of confidence and emotion my hand lands on top of his on the center console our fingers tangling together naturally.

"I shouldn't be, those people are so strong so much stronger than me. I'm just a hockey player," Hearing Tyler Seguin admit that 'he's just a hockey player' is mind blowing and I know right then I've gotten to see the inside core of him. Where he keeps all of his passion and boy next door that gets covered by the professional athlete stigma that he normally exudes. Right now he's just Tyler, and it's absolutely beautiful.

"You're a pretty awesome hockey player, and an even better person Tyler. Thank you for showing me this side of you, it's umm, it's beautiful." Tyler's fingers squeeze mine and I notice we've exited the city and we're turning towards the suburbs, he's taking me to his place.

"I thought you were hungry?" I ask confused and Tyler laughs as we enter the fancy neighborhood.

"I sense that you don't trust my cooking abilities Reichman." I cringe a little, he's spot on with that one.

"You might be correct on that one, Ty."

Tyler pulls the white car into his expansive garage full of other wise all black vehicles and I step out slowly admiring the garage that's bigger than my entire apartment. He shuts the garage door with the push of a button and ushers me over to the back entrance of the mansion, I mean house. As soon as the door opens the pitter patter of claws on the hardwood floor fills my ears and I'm greeted by two massive labs. The smaller one, Cash circles around me before deciding we've met before while Marshall is too preoccupied with his dad to care about me. After petting his 'kids' Tyler shoo's them away from me and flicks on the lights in the kitchen and living room.

Tyler feeds his dogs and tugs at the tie around his neck, "I'm going to get out of this thing. Do you want some clothes? Under Armour sent some girl stuff for my sisters."

I look down at my outfit, and I'd give anything to get out of these heels and crop top I've been wearing all day, "Yes, puhh-lease." I groan sliding the army green coat off my shoulders as Tyler nods down the hallway for me to follow him. We wind up in an empty room full of cardboard boxes, some full of clothes and shoes, others overflowing with protein powders and supplements.

Tyler crouches down and digs around in a box until he finds a pair of black joggers, "They're a medium so they'll probably be big, I'll get you a shirt out of my closet."

"Of course you will, let me guess it'll have your number on it somewhere?" Tyler mocks me with a fake laugh and whips the pants at me as he walks towards the master bedroom.

"I was going to give you one with sleeves since you've been shivering all night," He walks into his massive closet and turns on the light my eyes scan the walls of suits and t-shirts, shoes and more ties than a man would ever need. "But now, I'm not going to be so nice."

"Fine, I'll just freeze to death on your watch. "Tyler Seguin let's ex-Cowboy's Cheerleader die in massive home" sounds like a pretty good headline don't ya think?" With a deadpanned face he grabs a white and black baseball tee from the rod and throws it at me.

"Has anyone ever told you you're a little dramatic?" I shrug and head for the bathroom that's connected to his huge room.

"Nope, never before! I have no clue what you're talking about, Seguin." I can hear him laughing as I shut the bathroom door stripping out of my tight clothes and soaking in the comfort of the joggers and Tyler's shirt that somehow still smells like him. In the mirror I braid my hair to the side relieved to get it out of my face after such a long day, I slip my phone into the waistband of the pants and exit the bathroom with my old clothes draped over my arm. Turning the light off I exit the bathroom and look around for Tyler, I find him shirtless in front of his dresser mirror looking at something on his side.

"Admiring your abs are we?" I joke and he turns to me and I get a look at what he's inspecting, a bruise the size of a softball on his ribcage, "Oh my God, does that hurt? Did you tell a trainer?" I drop the pile of clothes as my hand reaches out like I have no control over it tracing over the black and blue skin.

"I'm fine, it's nothing." He flinches as my fingers move and I look up at him seeing the pain in his eyes.

"Yeah, that's not nothing. You need to ice that Tyler it's gross."

"Okay, after we eat Dr. Adi. C'mon." Scooping up my stuff I follow him back into the kitchen where he opens the refrigerator and pulls out two boxes of food, and I'm presuming takeout.

"I thought you were cooking?" I question as he dumps the first box containing rice into a bowl and tops it with some kind of chicken from the other.

"I am, well kind of." He sheepishly smiles and I roll my eyes as the dish heads for the microwave, "Hope you like Chinese."

"You're lucky it's my favorite, but next time I'm cooking. This kitchen deserves to be used."

"Did you just ask to hangout with me again? Wow." The microwave beeps and he fetches the steaming bowl putting the food into two smaller dishes and sliding one over to me.

"Shut up, I guess you're not so bad." I shyly admit grabbing the bowl from the countertop before hopping off the barstool heading for the fluffy looking sectional in Tyler's living room.

"Make yourself at home, Ads." Tyler laughs following me, watching me plop onto the sofa tucking my legs under my body Indian style.

"Oh, please are you saying you don't eat in here?"

"No, I do. I mean it's just me so, the dining room doesn’t get much use. Except for on Christmas."

"Does your family come here for the Holidays? I'm assuming the NHL doesn’t really give ya'll a break."

"Yeah, they come down here to escape the cold. My sisters love it, while everyone here thinks it's freezing they're wearing sandals and tank tops." Oh Canadians, I shiver at the thought of 40 degree weather.

"I'm not one for cold weather," I admit and Tyler smiles.

"Have you ever even seen real snow? Like a lot of it."

"Not in Texas no, but we've gone skiing in Vail before and I went to New York for Christmas one year with the DCC."

"Everyone should grow up with snow, it's the best. Not to mention pond hockey!"

"The closest thing to that here would be the makeshift ice rink they put up downtown, and I'm not all that great on skates."

Tyler laughs into his glass of water at that, "I can fix that."

"I'm pretty sure not even professional help will do the trick, I'm a grandma on ice." Grabbing our bowls I stand up from the couch leaving the conversation before he plans an ice skating date, tossing them in the sink with some water. Opening up Tyler's freezer I see a bright blue ice pack, that'll do for the bruise on his side I decide as I grab a towel off the counter. A yawn forces its way through my body as my feet shuffle back to the living room where Tyler is now laying on the horizontal part of the sectional scrolling through his multitude of TV channels. "If you're tired I can take you back, Ads." Tyler looks at me backwards as I re-enter the room.

"I'm good, it's not even 11:30. Here, put this on your ribs." I hand him the cold pack of blue goo and he flinches laying it on his stomach before we settle into an episode of Criminal Minds one I've already seen but Tyler has not. It's nice just relaxing with him, and his dogs they're good cuddlers. Tyler gets off the couch after a while to put the ice pack back in the freezer and Cash follows after him, he returns with a blanket tossing it on the couch. I reach out for it but Tyler pulls harder on the other end, "Who said I was sharing?"

"Me, I'm the cold one remember?" I fake a pout.

"Fine, but you actually have to share it." Scoffing I spread the blanket out scooting closer to the middle of the couch so that we can both use the blanket. Tyler plops down beside me immediately tugging at the fabric.

"Share, Seguin! Jeez," I mumble and he pulls me instead of the blanket closer this time.

My back collides with Tyler's chest, his arms wrapping around me too, "Better?"

A giant lump settles in my throat being this close to Tyler, "Uh huh."

Another episode begins and our position transitions sideways our legs intertwined like a pretzel beneath the blanket. Watching the TV screen the agents go into a crime scene and as soon as I see the first drop of red my heart rate increases. "Ew, ew, ew," I quickly turn my entire body around leaning my head on Tyler's chest.

"What's wrong?" Tyler asks as I hide my face.

"Blood, it grosses me out!!" I can feel the vibrations of Tyler's laugh on my forehead.

"Okay, we can change it Ads. It's fine," tipping my head up I look at Tyler from a very close angle.

"I'm okay, I've seen it already I just always hide during the blood." A half smile tilts on his lips and he looks back at the TV his hands holding me on the couch close to him.

Hiding from the blood turned into soaking up Tyler's body heat, which ultimately resulted in me falling asleep pressed against Tyler. The sound of his heart beating lulled me to sleep and he allowed it, I woke up an hour or two later mostly on top of him as he slept beneath me. Pulling myself up I looked at the lock screen on my phone, 4 texts from Hannah and a big 2:43 staring back at me.

H: where are you? (1:09)
H: You coming home anytime soon? (1:57)
H: Did he kill you? (2:32)
H: Oh my god, Adleigh answer me!! I'll drive over there I swear I will. (2:39)
A: I'm alive, sorry I fell asleep. Probably just staying here.

Tossing the phone back on the table I look at Tyler, his eyes are closed and his head is tilted back lips parted slightly, he's cute when he sleeps. Not like he's not always cute, but it's different.

He's also dead to the world apparently, just shaking him doesn’t work so I start calling his name. "Ty. Tyler? TYLER WAKE UP." He moves beneath my hand but his eyes remain closed.

"Ty, wake up!" I run my fingers through his hair a few times adding to the case of bed head he already had going on. The more I trace my fingers on his scalp the more he stirs until he eventually starts groaning, eyes flicking open and closed.

"Come on, I know you can hear me. I'll go sleep in your bed by myself." That gets his eyes to pop open.

"What time is it?" He groans his voice dry and sleepy.

"Almost 3, we both fell asleep."

"Shit, Hannah is going to kill me." I laugh at that, he's actually afraid of my tiny blonde roommate.

"She's mad but I texted her when I woke up, umm can we go to bed? Or point me in the direction of a bed, please." We've slept together before and just hard core cuddled so I assumed I would sleep with him but you never know.

"I'm up, and you're not going anywhere but with me." I stand and he follows stretching as he walks behind me towards his bedroom. Tyler tosses his t-shirt on the floor and tugs the comforter back on the massive bed crawling onto one side, I retreat to the other side and do the same thing settling into what may be the most comfortable bed in America.

"I'm never getting out of this bed, it's amazing." I mumble shuffling the pillows around.

"Hey now, I didn’t offer for you to move in." Tyler jokes and I roll over to look at him in the darkness.

"I didn’t say I wanted to live with you, I just want your bed."

"You only like me for my bed and hot tub." He's got a point but Tyler knows why I really like him.

"That's part of it, I like your dogs too." Arms wrap around me and his body collides with mine.

"As long as it's only part of the reason, I guess I'll keep you." His lips are close to my ear and the sleepiness in his voice is making it raspy and quite frankly it's sexy as hell.

"Goodnight, Tyler." I say swallowing the lump in my throat again.

"Night, Adleigh." I feel lips on my neck and it sends a chill through my entire body.

This boy is going to kill me.
♠ ♠ ♠
*Insert swoon here*

Looks like Tyler's really in her head these days, and he's really trying to show her he's not anything like she thought. She's seen Seguin's Stars and he's met her family, what's next? ...

Soooo, my second semester starts on Monday (yay college) but don't worry this story is finished and I'll be updating it as usual. Thank you all for reading and commenting I honestly never thought this would be this big of a hit! Then again, who doesn't love Tyler Seguin?

Thank you all again! -A