Status: C O M P L E T E D | 9-28-16

Give Into Me.

I Guess I'll Be All By Myself

The morning after I unexpectedly stayed over at Tyler's I rolled into the apartment like your typical sorority girl doing the walk of shame. My hair was in knot on top of my head I had Tyler's shirt on, a pair of sweats that were too big barely clinging to my hips, and a pair of black high heeled booties in my hands with some random flip flops from Tyler's "lost and found" closet on my feet. I knew I looked like hooker and Tyler graciously pointed it out too when he dropped me off on his way to practice. I wanted to be mad at him for making me look like this but I couldn’t, I enjoyed our night together too much.

But I didn't let him know that, he didn't need to know he was making me a wreck on the inside.

Hannah on the other hand was not thrilled with either of our actions, she was angry with me for not telling her I wasn’t coming home (which in my defense I hadn't planned on not coming home) and she was also angry with me that I hadn't at least kissed Tyler. How she got the right to be angry about both at the same time I'm not sure but she was.

However, I couldn’t argue with her on the last one, it had crossed my mind a few times during the night with how close his face was to mine. When his lips were only inches from my own as I hid in his embrace from the gore on the TV, and when he kissed my shoulder before we went to sleep I had thought about how it would feel to kiss him. But I was too scared to find out as well.

What would happen if we opened that can of worms? Would Tyler break my heart or was I strong enough now to handle a guy like him? All I know is that part of me wants to try and the other part wants to keep pushing Tyler back with more vengeance.

Those thoughts clouded my brain all week long at the office and at home, all I thought about aside from work was Tyler and he was the only person who's input I really didn’t want on the situation.

I knew where he stood, it was very clear.

I was trapped in my thoughts and that was a scary place, and to make it even worse I was stuck trying to deceifer them alone. My parent's went to Austin to watch Asher's last "winter" ball games and Hannah was on a cruise in Mexico with her parents for their annual pre-Christmas get away. I was absolutely alone for the week, which resulted in a lot of time being spent in the cheer gym.

Too much time maybe if you ask me in my current state.

Currently I'm waiting for an X-Ray in the emergency room at UT Southwestern Hospital, but I don’t need it to know what's wrong. It's my ankle and I know that it's fractured again. The pain is off the charts, tears are pooling in my eyes quicker than they can run down my cheeks and all I want is my mom, or someone anyone to hold my hand but all I have is one of the other assistant coaches from the gym. Not that I don't like Sarah, it's just not the same.

"Do you want me to call anyone for you, Ads? There has to be someone here, aunt? Uncle? Cousin?" The tiny black haired girl asks pacing the small room.

I shake my head closing my eyes while taking a deep breath, "Nope, they're all in Houston or Austin. Holy fuck, this hurts."

Sarah squeezes my hand, "I know it hurts sweetie, pain meds after the scans okay?" Sarah's big girl job just so happens to be a nurse, so I know she knows the truth about my ankle too.

Eventually my own nurse comes for me pushing my bed down the long hallway to the x-ray room, where she checks my ID bracelet and asks a question I can't help but laugh at even in my pain filled state. "Any chance you could be pregnant, Miss Reichman?"

"No ma'am, highly unlikely at the moment." She nods and charts the info before having me hobble onto the ice cold table. I lie still on the piece of metal with a radiation protector over my chest as it slides my foot through the machine. This is not how I envisioned my day going, I had thrown that pass hundreds of times and never once come down this way. I knew as soon as I landed that something was wrong, taking one small step I collapsed on the mat and clutched my foot, pain shooting all the way up my leg. I was on my way to the hospital within minutes, every person in the gym knew that was not a good foot to have re-injured.

"Can I have pain meds now?" I ask the nurse on our way back to my room and she smiles at me as I have a white knuckle grip on the bed sheets trying not to scream out in pain.

"Of course, we'll get you an IV started with some Morphine." She parks my bed back in my room and goes to get the things needed for an IV.

"So, your phone rang while you were gone. It was a Tyler? I uhh, I answered it." Sarah confesses and my eyes pop open instantly.

"You did what?! Did you tell him where I am? Why did you answer it?!" Shit, shit, shit!!

"Calm down, Adleigh. He seemed very concerned, he has a bunch of emoji's by his name I assumed he was important so I answered it, and he's on his way." Oh the emoji's Tyler had added those himself not too long ago, a slew of green hearts and hockey sticks! I can't believe she answered his call because of them!

"Great, well when he gets here you can leave." I mumble as I wait for the nurse to reappear with the almighty drugs, only imagining the way people will react once Tyler Seguin is in my room. What feels like eons later the older woman is back and as she lays out her tools and prepares to stab me, which makes me nervous as hell another nurse appears with a knock on the glass door. "Miss Reichman you have another visitor."

Tyler is standing beside her in the hallway, hands stuffed in his black Under Armor sweatpants a backwards hat on his head, I give him a weak smile as he enters the room with wide eyes. I can hear a faint 'you're kidding' from Sarah as she watches Tyler move to the side of my bed, grabbing my hand. She clearly wasn't expecting a Dallas Star to show up as the Tyler she had just talked to over the phone.

"Okay, Adleigh are you ready for this?" My nurse asks holding up the needle and I wrinkle up my nose at the size of the instrument in her hands.

"No, but I do want the drugs." She smiles and I turn my head towards Tyler who's crouched down level to the hospital bed.

"Hey, hey look at me don't think about the needle it'll be quick okay, Ads." Tyler's voice is low and soothing, his warm hand covering mine to distract me, rough thumb tracing back and forth over my knuckles. The needle goes in quickly but it still hurts and causes me to flinch a whimper falling out as a fresh set of tears sting my eyes. Seconds later I can feel the cold liquid going into my veins and I hope that it clouds my mind soon too.

"There you go, sweetie that should take the edge off. The Doc will be in soon with your results." The older woman smiles at Tyler and I.

"Thank you," I muster up as the meds slowly drip into my bloodstream.

When she's gone Sarah stands from the chair in the corner of the room, moving to the foot of my bed her eyes locked in on Tyler.

"Ty, this is Sarah one of my co-coaches at the gym. Sarah, uh this is Tyler-" I shuffle trying to sit up in the shitty bed cloaked in an outrageous hospital gown swiping the water from under my already puffy eyes.

"Tyler Seguin, yeah I know who he is." She says her cheeks a little pink, "Ads are you good with him, or do you need me to stay? I can totally stay."

"I've got her, thanks for answering my call. I'm sure she didn't want to tell anyone, right?" Tyler interjects and Sarah nods, "Exactly, she was a little pissy that I told you."

"Imagine that." Tyler smirks and I pout, "Be nice to me my ankle is broken!"

"Text me what you find out, girl. We all love you, if you need anything let one of us know!" Sarah says at the door slinging her purse over her shoulder I nod thanking her as she leaves Tyler and I in the room.

"So, what'd you do?" Tyler nods toward my foot that is currently wrapped in an ice pack trying to keep the swelling down.

"Landed a pass wrong, it's fractured for sure."

"I thought she said the doc hadn't been in yet?" Tyler sits on the edge of the all white hospital bed throwing an arm around my shoulders making himself right at home in the tiny bed.

"He hasn't I can just tell, I've been in this situation before."

"Maybe you'll get lucky," He pulls me into his side closer planting a kiss on my forehead, a sweet gesture that makes my throat tighten.

"I'm kind of gross right now, you might want to sit over there." I nod towards the chair across from my bed below the TV.

"Your cheerleader sweat doesn’t scare me, I'm a hockey player remember? You don't know gross until you've been in that locker room."

"Whatever you say, hotshot. This stuff makes me sleepy," I yawn closing my surely blood shot eyes and lean my head on his shoulder.

I'm in a medically induced fog when the doctor comes in, Ty has to shake me a little to gain my attention. The doctor shakes my limp hand followed by Tyler's who has stepped up to take in the information in my off state.

"Well, Miss Reichman the scans indicated a tibial fracture, and a the screw in your talus is now pressing against the calcaneus. So basically it's the same injury from 2013, but I will have to go in this time to replace the screw. The tibia will just need an air cast to right the fracture."

"Surgery?" That’s all I got out of the whole thing as the hair on my arms stand up out of fright, with my heart rate picking up pace.

The tall Indian man in front me nods, "Yes, it'll be quick but it is surgery none the less."

"When can you do it?" Tyler asks before I can even fathom my next question as the slow build up to a panic attack settles into my body.

"Now if she'd like, I'm on call and I have no other ortho cases at the moment. I can have an OR ready in half an hour or so." Tyler looks over at me and I'm immediately terrified.

"I what, should I? Ty, I'm scared."

"Sooner the better, right?" The doctor agrees with him and I do too, before I know it the papers appear in front of me and in one squiggle I'm signed up to go under the knife.

When the doctor is out of the room the tears start trickling down my face once more, my breathing picking up as my eyes focus on my foot. Tyler turns from where he's been standing admiring the tiles on the floor, his eyes widening at the sight in front of him. "Adi, babe you're going to fine. You heard him it's minor surgery, just a new screw." Sliding back into the bed he pulls me into his chest letting the tears drip from my eyes down the front of his t-shirt.

"I'm just scared, and dammit I want my mom! I'm 23 and I want my mom." As pathetic as it sounded I continued to sob for my mother who was currently 4 hours away.

"Where is your mom? I've been meaning to ask that."

"Austin, they're all in Austin. Ash had winter tourney, I should call her." I sniffle trying to wipe my eyes free of salt water.

Jumping down Tyler grabs my phone from the table where Sarah had left my Nikes, purse, and pile of sweaty cheer clothes after they'd forced me into the hideous hospital gown, coming back with the small blue iPhone in his hand.

"Do you want me to call your mom? You're not in a very good state of mind, babe." I may have a clouded brain but I know every time he calls me babe my stomach flutters with more than just surgery jitters.

"Yeah, go ahead. She's going to freak out, heads up."

"Hey, Shayla it's Tyler. Uhh well she is okay, for the most part but we're at the hospital." I can only hear Tyler's side of the conversation with my mom but as he talks I become very thankful that Sarah had accepted his call. "She decided to have the surgery now so she might be out by the time you get back. No, no it's not a problem I'm happy to stay here with her. Yeah, see you soon. I'll tell her, bye."

Tyler tosses my iPhone back on the table and settles in beside me again, "She says she loves you and they're leaving as soon as your brother's game is over and they tell him what happened."

"Of course, baseball over broken bones. Thank you, for coming Ty it really means a lot that you’re here." I lean my head against his shoulder waiting for the surgery team to come claim me as their next victim.

"Anytime, Ads. What are friends for?"

"You know you're not just my friend, Tyler. I just don't know what to call you, or us."

"I know what I want, you know it too."

"Let's not talk about this while I'm high on Morphine, okay?"

"Deal, just relax until it's time. Everything is going to be okay, I promise." I look up at him, his big brown eyes staring back down at me, "Pinky promise?" I counter and he holds up his little finger hooking it with mine.

The last thing I remember before the really good meds took over my body was making sure Tyler would be there when I woke up, he agreed and kissed my forehead again. It was fuzzy and then everything went black, I woke up a couple hours later in a different room, hungry with a headache and an air cast on my foot. Looking around the room I saw a vase full of white roses sprayed with blue dye on the tips that had to of come from Cheer Athletics and Tyler sitting in a chair with his head resting on the wall. My parents still weren't here but it didn’t really matter, I made it out alive.

"Ty?" I croaked out my throat dry from the anesthetic.

His head snapped over following my raspy voice, a grin panning out across his face, "Hey, beautiful. Everything went great, you can go home in a couple hours."

"Great, have you heard from my parents?"

"They'll be here soon, your mom texted me like 15 minutes ago."

"Okay, I think I'm going to go back to sleep. My eyes hurt," He laughs and lets go of my hand going back to his seat in the corner, when I wake up the next time the room is full of voices trying to stay quiet but failing misserably. The loudest one I recognize as my mothers, "My poor girl," I can hear her say as she walks towards me and I match the other to my dad who is talking to Tyler.

My eyes flutter open as my mom reaches for my hand, "Sweetie, it's mom. Can you hear me?"

"I was sleeping mom, not in a coma." I groan coming out of my nap.

"Not funny, Adleigh. We were so worried, thank God for Tyler."

"Actually Sarah was here first, she left when Ty got here."

"Still, thank you Tyler for staying with her. She needs someone like you," My mom smiles at him and he returns the gesture looking beyond her at me.

"Not a problem, Shayla. She knows I'm here if she needs me." I nod and a nurse and the surgeon appear in the room.

"Looks like we've got a full house now!" the doctor jokes introducing himself to my parents, "So we're ready to let Adleigh go, a week with the boot on before you start physical therapy. 3 times a week, no stairs no full weight baring and use the crutches for at least the first few days."

The nurse hands me a few papers to sign and a packet of discharge information, "Would you like me to help you get dressed or would you rather your boyfriend, while Dr. Singh talks with your parents?"

"Oh, uh he's not my boyfriend. But I don't really need help I don't think." My face heats up and Tyler rubs the back of his neck.

"Okay, sweetie just hit the call button if you change your mind." She hands me the stack of clothes and Tyler closes the curtain around me stepping out where he can't see me. I manage to get the sports bra over my head and the grey Cheer Athletics quarter zip, the Nike pro's stretch over the boot with ease but the sweats are where it gets difficult. The black Longhorns cheer sweats are stretchy at the bottom but not quite stretchy enough to go over a walking boot, I get one leg in but balance is not easy right now to get the other foot through.

"Hey, Ty?" I squeak out sheepishly and he answers with a 'yeah?'

"Can you uhh, help me? It's not like you've never seen a half naked girl before."

His head pops through the curtain, "I can get the nurse for you,"

"Seriously Seguin, just help me get my boot through the damn hole! I have spandex on."

Tyler rolls his eyes and enters the room crouching down in front of me, one quick pull he gets the black pants over the boot and I pull them the rest of the way up my legs. He hands me one of my Nikes and tosses its mate into my backpack along with the stack of papers. "All set, need anymore help miss bossy booty?"

"I am not bossy, you were just being difficult."

"It's called being a gentleman, Ads."

I roll my eyes, "Whatever, Mr. virgin eyes I know you've seen way more than that before."

Tyler laughs and grabs my crutches as my parents reenter the room, I tuck the metal support beams under my arms and stare back at Ben and Shayla.

"Alright, who's driving my crippled ass home?" I ask with a fake burst of enthusiasm and large smile.

"You are not going home my dear, you are going with us. At least until Hannah gets back, you are not allowed to be alone." I stare at the couple in front of me like they have lost their minds.

"For the love of God, I am 23 years old mother I can be alone."

"Adleigh Ruth Reichman you are going home with your father and I end of discussion, it's what's best for you." I roll my eyes and look to Tyler for support.

He shakes his head, "Don’t look at me I agree with them, we don't need you getting hurt again."

"Ughhh, fine." I huff and the four of us exit the room.

"Miss Reichman ready to head out?" The nurse asks and I nod as she pushes a wheelchair towards me.

"Oh thank God," I mumble as I sit down thrusting the painful crutches at Tyler.

"I get that a lot," she jokes with a wink and we all laugh along with her.

The nurse pushes me outside and waits beside me while my parents go to get their car, Tyler hands her the crutches and smiles as he crouches down to my level. "If you need anything call me, okay? Even if you just get bored, your parents isn't that far from my place."

"Okay, thanks again Ty. Sorry for keeping you here for so long, you're probably exhausted.. Crap, don't you have a game tomorrow?!"

"Yeah, it's fine. I texted Coach, he's cool with me being late to morning skate. But I expect you to be watching since you're going to be holding down the couch for a while."

"Will do, good luck 91." He squeezes my kneecap and kisses my forehead one last time before going off to find his own car and it's right then that I know I've run out of walls and reasons to not want to be with Tyler. He's not the wild frat boy that the internet portrays him as, well at least not all the time he's caring, he's sweet, he's incredibly attractive, and for some reason he puts up with me. The only thing standing in the way of us being together is myself.

"You sure he's not your boyfriend, honey? That was adorable!"

"Not my boyfriend, but more than a friend? Y'know, it's really complicated."

"Oh girl, I got you. Whatever that is don't let it go, honey he's Tyler Seguin we all know he's beautiful inside and out."

My face heats up again hearing her words, "Trust me, I know he is."
♠ ♠ ♠
happy friday! I survived my first week of classes so have some adorable Tyler Seguin taking care of Adleigh. *Insert swoon* She may not have wanted him there in the beginning but boy was she glad to have him by the end. :) Hope you all enjoyed! xoxo - A