Status: C O M P L E T E D | 9-28-16

Give Into Me.

I don't want no one else.

Two days after the near kiss at Tyler's my parents and I boarded a small puddle jumper aircraft bound for Corpus Cristi. Asher met us there an even quicker flight from the UT campus where he had been stuck doing baseball camps for most of his winter break. We gathered with my mom's brother Steve, wife Carrie, Ally and Ross and my Aunt Carrie's parents in a big baby blue beach rental footsteps from the soft sand.

Like we were 14 again I bunked with Ally who immediately started pestering me about Tyler the minute I dropped my bags in our room. She needed more details on my extremely complicated relationship status other than the instagram posts here and there but there wasn’t much to tell. It was complicated, and that was that.

With my ankle still incased in a walking boot I avoided the water and resorted to soaking up the sun for most of the days when the weather was fair enough to even enjoy the beach. Ally, our mothers and I held down the beach, did some shopping and avoided the men's "activities" such as golfing and skeet shooting at all costs.

As we walked the boutique district of the beach town one the afternoon before Christmas Eve I typed away in my never ending stream of text messages from Tyler, he checked in often but to my dismay he didn’t bring up the hot topic. He claimed he was going crazy being in the same house as the three Seguin women but I knew he was bluffing, he loved having his family there.

As I typed Ally leaned over my shoulder sneaking peaks into our conversation, it was nothing juicy just the normal 'what are you doing?' kind of things but to her it was amazing.

"Tell Tyler I said hi," She gushed as we looked around an antique store, I rolled my eyes at her.

"If you'd like to talk to him I can call him for you, I'm sure he'd love to check in on me."

"No way, that's weird. Are you guys like official yet?" I shake my head while looking at a teacup.

"No, but we uhh," I look around the small shop making sure my mom isn't within earshot; "He almost kissed me the other day."

"Almost? You haven't even kissed him? Adi are you blind he's so freaking hot, jump on that!" Her voice is eerily high-pitched.

"Simmer down, Al I am not jumping him, we're not together you know that's not my style."

"Ugh, and neither is this store let's go get coffee while the old ladies shop." I agree with her and follow her out of the store. We make our way towards a little café grabbing iced coffee's before taking a seat outside to do our favorite pastime, people watching.

Ally swirls the black straw in her cup, "So back to Tyler, you are at least interested correct?"

"You could say that, yes."

"So you didn’t stop him from kissing you?" I shake my head

"No, he was as the kids say cock blocked by his own mother." Ally is laughing so hard she sputters coffee out of her mouth.

"Oh wow, that's something people never hear of! Tyler Seguin getting shut down at all, well I mean before you. You've knocked him off his game!"

"I try to avoid his whole puck bunny past, and all the rumors. I barely use my Twitter anymore but my Instagram comments are ridiculous these days."

"That must suck, but you've dealt with it before with DCC it's not new to you."

"That doesn’t even compare to this, his fan base is intense."

"Have you made friends with any of the other player's girls? They could help you."

"Yeah, I had Thanksgiving with them they're all very nice. I'm just y'know not one of them yet to fully commit to the WAG life."

"You will be, Mom says they got a table at Bella's let's go eat." Making our way down the cobblestone streets I can hear Ally's word over and over in my head "you will be". I will be a WAG, when I grow the balls to tell Tyler I'd like to give us a real try. We find our mothers and Ally's grandma in a corner booth at Bella's a café we always had lunch at when in town sipping super sweet tea and enjoying each other's company.

"Well, she must be talking to a boy look at the grin on her face." Ally's grandma Marie commented while we waited for our lunch.

Looking up from my phone I blushed, "I'm so sorry, I'm being rude. He's driving me crazy."

"No, dear you're fine. Oh to be young again," The older woman smiled as my phone vibrated against the table once more. "Go on, answer it Adleigh dear."

As I typed away I could hear my mom tell Marie his name was Tyler, and that we were a cute couple. My mom knew the truth of the situation but didn’t feel the need to tell Marie, she just let the woman fawn over my 'young love'. Forcing a stop to Tyler's text bombing I tossed the phone into my purse and got back into the live conversation about our need to start baking Christmas cookies and stock up for the New Year's party before the liquor store ran dry.

Christmas morning came and like a bunch of children we all gathered in the living room in our pajamas tearing through sheets of wrapping paper revealing gifts of clothes and gift cards, the closest thing to a toy that anyone got was a new bat for Asher. Growing up really changed the speed of Christmas presents! Ally and I modeled our new clothes for each other the rest of the day killing time before we had dinner.

The days between Christmas and New Year's Eve were filled with more shopping, golfing, trips to other small towns, and a day full of cliché beach family pictures. The nights however were split between going out with my cousins to karaoke bars and sitting in one of the rooms with a TV watching Tyler's games.

I sat in a recliner with one of Tyler's hoodies covering me from my neck to my thighs waiting on the Stars vs Blues game to begin my uncle Steve and Ross came in to join in the fun. Ross had dawned a Jamie Benn jersey and I thought about sneaking a Snapchat for the Captain but he wouldn’t see it for hours anyway.

As the pre-game camera went into the locker room it panned in on Tyler sitting in his stall shirtless the muscles of his tattooed arms flexing as he leaned down tying his skates, it was quite the sight and even then he had a snapback placed perfectly on his head. "Do you need bucket for your drool, Ads?" Ross commented as stared intensely at the TV with my lip drawn between my teeth.

"Shut up, Ross." I rolled my eyes as the camera was now in the Blues dressing room, with time before puck drop I rose from the chair letting the hoodie fall all the way down my legs. As I walked past the couch towards the kitchen with a sudden hankering for a beer I heard a faint 'aww' from Ross most likely after he saw the large 91 on my back. When I returned to the den with a bottle in hand the players had taken to the ice.

"Stealing your boyfriends clothes, Adi?" Ross pestered while my Uncle Steve glared at his son.

"Leave her alone, Ross. Adi he seems like a great kid, if your dad likes him he must be."

"He's great, but we're not exactly dating. Not yet anyway, it's complicated." I take a sip from the bottle as Tyler's line takes the ice for puck drop.

"Well, as long as he treats you better than that piece of shit Noah we'll keep him." Ross adds and I can't help but smile, Ross hated Noah more than anyone else maybe even me after the breakup. I was afraid he was actually going to kill him at one point, the "big brother" claim he has on me runs really deep in the boy department.

"Don’t worry Rossy, he knows all about that he's not going to hurt me." God I hope he won't hurt me. Another long drag of Corona later the Stars are chasing the piece of rubber all across the ice back home in Dallas and I try to focus in on that rather than the million "what if's" flying through my head.

As the game goes on my dad and Asher join us and by the end of the third the whole family is packed into the small den area watching the Stars take down the Blues 3-0, karma for their SO loss the night before. Before the final horn sounds I take a video of the whole family sitting on the floor and doubled up on the couches and send it to Tyler "We kinda like that #91 guy ;) nice win!" As the Stars circle center ice celebrating I can't fight the grin on my face when the camera shows Tyler and Jamie smiling side by side as usual.

"Well, Adi your boy sure knows how to play hockey!" Maria comments and I nod my head.

"Yes, ma'am he's very good at it."

"It must be hard to watch on TV, but you're very proud I can see that."

She's right it is hard to watch on TV, after weeks of not being in the AAC I have realized I love it there and I really do miss the atmosphere, "I am very proud of him," I have to stop to yawn, "well, I guess I should go shower before I pass out." Weaving my way through bodies I tell everyone goodnight and make my way toward Ally and I's room plugging my phone in before heading for the bathroom.

About a half an hour later I emerge from the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my head and body, as I head for my suitcase to grab pajama's I am startled by a voice on the other side of the room. "There she is, I'll give her the phone now. No problem, Tyler." I whip my head around finding Ally in her twin bed with her legs dangling over the side my phone in her hand.

"What are you doing?!" I whisper scream and she just thrusts the blue iPhone at me with a smirk on her face.

"Hello?" I question grabbing my clothes and heading back to the bathroom.

"Surprise?" Tyler laughs and I am not amused, what's with people answering his phone calls for me?

"Hi," I half growl dropping my towel to get dressed.

"Don't sound so excited, jeez."

"Does everyone have to answer your calls? Apparently no one understands privacy these days."

"Chill out Adi, am I on speakerphone?" I have the phone perched on the sink as I pull an old baseball shirt over my head.

"Yeah, I'm trying to get dressed I just got out of the shower."

"Shoot, I should have FaceTimed you." I roll my eyes, "Funny, I only show the goods in person sorry."

"You're no fun."

"Did you need something or did you just feel like bugging me?" I ask releasing my hair from the turban it had been confined in the wet strands scattering over my shoulders.

"Just felt like hearing your voice, did you force your fam into watching my game?"

"Aww, and no. They did it on their own, something about really liking that 91 guy? Personally I like the captain more."

"Lies, you love me too." Both lines stood silent as the word 'love' came out of Tyler's mouth, the first time either of had used it for any reason what so ever. I snapped back into reality trying to salvage the conversation through the awkwardness, "That's debatable."

"So New Years? You still not coming home?" Trotting back out into the bedroom I scoffed as Ally walked by me to take my place in the bathroom.

"In the wise words of Queen Elsa, LET IT GO. I'm not coming home, Tyler."

"Please do not start singing that God forsaken movie, I can't believe you made me watch it."

"You liked it, don't lie."

"Don't change the subject, please come home! I'll buy you a plane ticket, Ads come on."

"Is Tyler Seguin actually begging me for something right now? Wow, this is new."

"I've been begging you for a lot of things lately you're just a hardass, come on Adi."

"Ty, I don't want to leave my family it's a tradition I'm sorry." There was a long huff at the other end and I can only imagine him running his hands through his hair and down his face in defeat.

"Okay, sorry I know you don’t get to see them that often I get it."

"Okay," I yawned and pulled the blankets up to my chin.

"Are you going to sleep? I'll let you go."

"No, I'm just cold." I lied but I liked hearing his voice.

"You're always cold, by the way I think my dogs miss you; Cash has a new obsession with your blanket." MY blanket, this is so serious it should scare me.

"Just your dogs? I guess it's true Cash does like me the most out of the Seguin men."

"That's not possible, you know I miss you, a lot actually. God, what have you done to me?"

"I could ask you the same thing, Seguin."

"Glad we're on the same page, babe." It's his turn to yawn this time and I check the time on my phone, he should be home by now.

"Go take a shower champ, I'm sure you still stink." Locker room showers do not cut it, I've learned that over the past few months.

"You're right, I do. Goodnight, Adleigh I wish you were here."

"And I wish you were here, but this twin bed would be a little full."

"The closer the better right?" I can hear the chuckle in his voice.

"Goodnight, Tyler." I click the iPhone off and plug it in tossing it on the floor as Ally climbs into her bed across the room from me.

"Sorry, I answered it but he called 4 times. I didn't want it to be an emergency or something." That wasn’t new, if I didn’t answer him he called over and over, afraid I had hurt myself again.

"It's okay, he's a little overprotective these days."

"It's cute, you guys are cute."

"Thank you, night Al." I snuggled into the pillows and blankets I had cocooned my body into and fell asleep only wishing I was lying in Tyler's arms soaking up his body heat embraced in his amazing smell and strength.

A few days later the thirty-first settled upon us sending the Reichman/Harrison clan into a frenzy. The men took care of gathering enough alcohol to get a trailer park drunk while the women made enough snack foods to feed an army, or rather an Air Force. Joining our family for the evening were friends of my Aunt and Uncle from their Air Force base outnumbering us 'kids' immensely. As more and more adults showed up the four of us decided the night was going to be one hell of a party no matter the population.

Since we were spending New Year's Eve having a house party with mostly people over 40 Ally and I dressed similarly in skinny jeans, and black tops making sure our top halves were stylish enough to post one hell of a last Instagram post of 2015. Leaning against the balcony clutching red solo cups in our hands we forced Asher to become our photographer in a make shift tipsy photo shoot.

Through fits of giggles we should have been ashamed of a golden photo of us laughing and Ally throwing up the peace sign stood out to me as the one. I posted it once I was back inside with the caption | deuces 2015, you were pretty rad! <3 the Harrison girls @AllyH12 | Within minutes it had over a hundred likes but one like and comment really stood out as I poured myself a new drink.

"TSeguin92 liked your photo" "Tseguin92 left a comment on your photo, 2 heart eye emoji's followed by 5 letters that had my heart in my throat; miss u" I nearly filled my glass full of whiskey as I stared the photo, he must be really drunk I thought, he never comments things on my pictures it sends the internet off kilter! Topping the plastic cup with Coke I ignored the incoming backlash and joining my relatives and our guests in an obscenely large game of poker.

Just like New Year's before I celebrated the next rotation around the sun sitting beside Ally as we watched our aunts, uncles, parents, grandparents and guests kiss one another while we clutched our drinks tightly. A kiss on my cheek from Ally was my New Year's kiss as we darted outside watching fireworks shoot off in the sky above the water, I drank my cup dry as I thought about Tyler 6 hours away in Dallas.

As the sky above us thundered with flashes of bright color I silently kicked myself in the ass for not getting on that plane back to Dallas this morning. Trust me I thought about it, long and hard so much so that I had pulled the ticket up this morning, I wasn’t going to ask him to pay for it but he was the only reason I was going to buy it. But I couldn’t do it, running home to Tyler and jumping into his arms just in time for midnight was one big cliché and I wasn't that type of person either.

But right then I wanted to be, I wanted him.

I didn’t have to sulk in my pity party for too long, as Tyler called not five minutes after the clock struck midnight and boy I was glad to hear his voice. All be it that it was a little slurred from the booze but it was still him and he had thought of me at midnight. He hadn't kissed me and I didn’t want to ask if his lips had collided with anyone else's but that was none of my business. Right? We're not together, I don’t get to call dibs on his lips. They can kiss anyone right now, I may not like it but it's not my place.

"Happy New Year, beautiful." Tyler called through music and other voices hours away from me in some hotel of downtown Dallas most likely surrounded my his teammates and a slew of gorgeous girls in tiny tight dresses no doubt.

"You too, handsome. You a little drunk there Ty?" I asked already knowing the answer, and also feeling it myself.

"Maybe a little," He laughs and I can hear the smile that I wish I could see, "Wish you were here, y'know so I could have had a New Year's kiss like everyone else."

"You, uh, you didn't kiss anyone?"

"No, the only girl I want to kiss is at the other end of the state." And with that the butterflies are back making my stomach a mess and my face hot from something other than the whiskey in my cup.

"Uhh, I uh-, Nice win tonight." Word vomit, isn't it lovely? That's so not what I wanted to say!

"Thank you, how's your party?"

"Decent, I guess. There's only 4 of us here under 35."

"Should have came home," It wasn’t the "I told you so" I was expecting but close enough.

"Probably." The single word falls out light as the stream of air I exhale after it as i stare out at the dark water.

"Hey, I'm going to go I can barely hear you. I miss you, Ads. Will I see you before we leave?" The Stars are headed on a pretty brutal road trip spanning the next couple of weeks bringing them back into town the week before Tyler's birthday.

"I miss you too, I should be back tomorrow night. You're leaving the next day right?"

"Yeah, that morning."

"We'll find time, don't worry. Enjoy the party for me Ty, goodnight."

"Night, Adi."

Hanging up the phone I tuck it into the back pocket of my jeans leaning over the edge of the balcony, the salty air whipping my hair around as drunk people scamper in the sand and my family members whoop and holler inside. I miss Tyler, I want to be with Tyler, hell I might even be in love with Tyler.

What a start to 2016.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is technically half of a chapter that I added filler just stretch it out, so if it sucks that's why! A little inside look at Adleigh's family who are all now #TeamTyler and apparently so is Adi, but will she just suck it up and tell him? What's the worst that could happen?

Tyler's birthday is coming, is she going to be his present this year? ;) xoxo -A