Status: C O M P L E T E D | 9-28-16

Give Into Me.

I'll Use My Lips.

"A little to the left, no, a little more and higher." I instructed the two young hockey stars in front of me trying to hang a 'Happy Birthday' banner off the brick wall of a bar downtown. The two may be skilled on the ice, but decorating is clearly not their forte.

"Okay, that's good. Thank you guys!" The tall blonde and the tattooed Russian nod at their handywork and go off to help the other recruits who are setting up things around the bar for Tyler's birthday party. It's not a surprise party but Jamie has been instructed to not let Tyler show up until 9, so after we all went to dinner he took Tyler 'out' while the rest of us came to Avenu to set up.

I check the time on my phone that I've oh so classily stuffed in my bra for the time being and see that we only have 20 minutes until the birthday boy will be here, taking one last look around I decide it looks good enough. It's a bar party not a sweet 16!

Half the team is here mainly the young ones who at the demand of their Captain were forced into decorating and a few of Tyler's friends from Dallas are scattered around helping Brandon the one who runs the bar get some other things in order. I am so thankful these guys showed up to help me out! Who knew throwing a 24th birthday party could be so difficult!?

As the time until Tyler's arrival dwindles more people begin to arrive the rest of the Stars team and their wives, a stray Cowboy's player or two who give me a nod as they enter the party, guys that I don't know, and guys that have flown in from Boston and Toronto. Too engrossed in their bro-time at dinner I had yet to really meet Tyler's out of town friends but they seemed like nice guys. Hannah and Luke are some of the last few to slide in the door before Tyler and Hannah takes a look around before smirking at me, "Try hard, he's going to love it."

I wrinkle my nose and try not to laugh, "I hope so."

"Shut up he loves you, so are you really going to tell him tonight? While he's all drunk and disorderly?"

"Maybe, maybe not. I'm probably going to at least kiss him though, I mean I've been torturing the poor kid and myself for weeks." I say with a small shrug, my shoulders confined in my leather jacket.

"Atta girl, you better be ready I see a couple guys outside." I turn towards the door and see what she sees the two peas in a pod coming through the door both looking handsome as usual and laughing at something, Jamie nudges Tyler and his face lights up taking in his surroundings.

In unison like every other birthday party we all yell, "Happy Birthday!" as Tyler walks deeper into the bar and a grin crawls across his face as I clutch the class of whiskey in my hand. He moves smoothly through the crowd of people shaking hands and hugging all of his friends as I talk with Hannah, and some of the other WAGS who have joined our circle, their husbands running off to greet the birthday boy. Tyler eventually makes his way to where I'm standing and even in the dark low lights of the bar I can see his eyes light up as he sees me.

"If you'll excuse me," I nod to the group I'm talking to and turn just as Tyler is behind me.

"Hey, birthday boy." I smile at him the heels I've bravely worn making us at a more even level than usual.

Tyler's cold hands slide around my waist below the leather of my jacket to the area where my tank-top is tucked into a tight tan drape skirt, his fingers lace at the small of my back tugging me forward. With the close contact I throw my arms around his shoulders looking into his eyes I can feel his heart beating as the familiar smell of his cologne floods my nose clouding my mind.

"Hi beautiful, the place looks great. Thank you," His head nods around and I smile.

"It wasn't just me, you can thank Jamie for getting the kids to help decorate and Brandon too for renting the place. I just bossed them around and got the cake."

"Chocolate?"

I shake my head yes and kiss his cheek, "Of course, princess."

Tyler loosens his grip on me and points over towards a crowd of guys, "Hey, I want you to meet some of my friends."

"Well, I kind of met them at dinner."

"Kind of doesn’t count, Adleigh they're important to me."

Of course it doesn’t, so I follow Tyler through the bar saying hello to people as we pass until he stops in front of a half circle of guys all laughing and clinging to their bottles of beer. They pull Tyler right in to 'bro hugs' and back slaps ignoring my presence until one of them breaks the silence nodding at me, "So, you must be the girl."

"Depends on which girl you're talking about," I raise my eyebrows and Tyler laughs.

"The one that broke Seggy, that's the girl I'm talking about. The 'sassy red head' he won't shut up about." I do fit that description most of the time.

"Well, in that case I guess I am her. But I do have a name, and it's Adleigh." I extend my hand out to the tall and skinny guy with a man bun and a hipster outfit.

"Freddy, Tyler's old roommate." The rest of the Boston and Toronto boys introduce themselves one by one each telling me how they know Tyler. The ones from Boston don't mention anything about hockey and the Toronto guys talk about him as if he had a regular 9 to 5 job, it's refreshing.

"So you're a Cowboy's cheerleader right?" Freddy asked and I'm really starting to wonder if that's the first thing Tyler tells people about me.

"I was, I work for the Cowboy's organization now. I guess that's not as cool to Tyler, seems like he tells everyone that little nugget of information."

"Just letting everyone know how sick my girl is, and your desk job is pretty badass too." Tyler tries to suck up pulling me over and kissing my forehead.

"Uh huh, " I roll my eyes as one of the boys starts telling a riveting story about Tyler's teenage years and I begin to learn about a whole other side of Tyler, an hour or so later I've heard tons of stories about Tyler; some of which I wish I hadn't and drank almost a handful of drinks. Learning about his past makes me feel like I've known him for years and it's strange feeling, but also these are good things to know.

The longer we stand there mingling the more I find myself leaning into Tyler, cursing myself for wearing heels this high just over a month after the accident. My body is buzzing from the alcohol coursing through my veins, the music blaring through the speakers, and the lazy circles Tyler's finger's keep tracing on my back.

I'm drunk in more ways than one.

"You look really good, y'know." Tyler's lips are very close to my ear as he speaks, his voice loud in my ear as he fights over the music ignoring the conversation happening around us.

"Oh yeah? How good?" Looking up through my eyelashes I can see him biting his bottom lip, just the look on his face sets fireworks off in my body.

"Like I'd rather see that outfit on the floor, good." I know he's a little drunk, and so am I but you know what they say 'Drunk words are sober thoughts'. And I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought about sleeping with Tyler. I mean have you looked at him? I wasn’t blind as Ally always suggested, I know he's attractive and it does take A LOT of self-restraint to not throw myself at him these days.

"Easy tiger," I place my hand on his cheek and look over at the bar where his birthday cake is, "I think it's time for cake."

Lacing his fingers with mine I lead him over to the table where the blue cake is with the typical wax number candles on top and 24 small candles dawn the other two layers of cake, Jason Demers is the closest guy to the area so I ask him to get everyone's attention. Like the father figure he is to the team he corrals the room full of hockey players and other intoxicated individuals, all turning their attention to Tyler and I. Brandon, Tyler's friend who manages the bar lights the candles signaling the worst rendition of 'Happy Birthday' I've ever heard.

Add singing another thing that a room full of hockey players should not partake in.

"Blow 'em out baby!" I cheer throwing my hands up and Tyler smirks over at me before leaning down and with one gust of air extinguishing the candles getting a loud cheer from the crowd in return.

"Damn, I'm old." He laughs and so does everyone else before the cobalt blue cake is cut up and demolished by hungry and drunk people who have been dancing the night away. I grab a slice before the vultures attack it all as Tyler poses for some pictures with his buddies. Taking my plate away from the crowd I find Hannah being pulled from a booth by Luke, just one look at her I know she's a goner. Thank God it's Luke's turn to take care of her!

"Down for the count?" I ask swallowing the last bite of cake as I watch him struggle to get her stand up.

"I now understand why you keep her on a short leash at bars, Ads."

"Welcome to my world, do you need help getting her outside? I can get one of the guys to help you."

"No, thanks I've got her. Cab should be here in a few, great party by the way. Tyler's a lucky guy." I smile at him, we may not see eye to eye often but that was one of the nicest things Lucas has said to me in quite some time.

"Thank you, good luck getting her to bed, Luke." I pat the red head on the shoulder and wish him luck as Hannah becomes alert and starts whining about being tired and not seeing me all night. I know the reason for both, as she had spent the night on the dance floor and I spent mine attached to Tyler's hip.

I saw nothing wrong with where I spent mine.

"Heading out guys?" Tyler's voice startles me as he comes up from behind slipping an arm around my waist as he greets the couple before me.

"Birthday boy!!" Hannah coos perking her head up from Luke's shoulder, "What did you wish for birthday boy? Or is it standing right beside you." She winks at the end of that and a chuckle comes out of my mouth before I can stop it.

"Oh you know I can't tell you Han or it won't come true." Tyler uses the typical line and I agree with him, I'm a firm believer in both birthday and 11:11 wishes.

"Oh, bullshit come on Tyler she was going to kiss you anyway." If I had been holding a glass it would have shattered on the floor in that moment, as my eyes widened at the blabber mouth blonde in front of me.

"Hannah Jean," I breathe my eyes wide as I stared at her, she giggled and shrugged her shoulders.

"Cats out of the bag, Adi."

Before I can get another word in to scold the blonde my whole body is turned towards Tyler, his hands move in swift motions from my hips up to my face holding either side tilting it up to look at him. My lips are parted but nothing is coming out my eyes locked on the chocolate brown ones just inches from my own and I can feel my heart thundering in my chest, so fast it feels like it's going to fly out of my body. Combined with the cage of butterflies released inside of my stomach I could have honestly drifted away, but this time I don't want to fly away. I want to be right there, in Tyler's arms.

"I'm going to kiss you now." Just in case I needed an update on our current situation Tyler whispers just loud enough for me to hear him, I nod my head slowly as he's still holding my face in his big hands. My eyes close just as his lips meet mine and it's like every light in Times Square just turned on for the first time, I can feel my whole body light up and explode, I'm on fire, I'm alive. My hands slide up his chest finding grip on Tyler's shirt to keep myself from floating away, pulling us closer together as our lips twist and mingle in their long awaited and probably long overdue introduction.

This kiss is liberating and breathtaking, everything I didn’t know I ever wanted and everything I needed.

Needing air I break away from his lips, I don't want to but if I ever want to kiss that boy again (and I do) I need to breathe. With a breath of fresh air coming in more as a gasp I open my eyes staring right into Tyler's, his thumb swipes under my eyes making me blink as his tongue whips over his lips now tinted a little red from my lipstick.

"Well, my work here is done, take me home Lucas." Hearing Hannah's voice breaks up our little moment and I turn to face my best friend my hands still gripping the black fabric of Tyler's shirt for dear life.

"Please take the girl home, goodnight Hannah." Releasing the fabric from my vice grip I wave at the duo as Luke nods at me fighting a smile while trying to half carry his girlfriend out of the bar.

"Make good choices you two!" Is the last thing out of her mouth as he slings her over his shoulder and I shake my head leaning back into Tyler, his arms wrapping around my stomach.

"So that was going to be my gift, eh?" He's even more Canadian when drunk.

"That, and the cake and something else but it's for me to wear not you." I tilt my head back and see Tyler's eyes light up, I know what he's thinking but he's probably not anywhere close to being right.

"Oh really? And when do I get to see said article of clothing?" I shrug my shoulders as a yawn falls out of my mouth.

"Your next game night."

"So I have to wait a whole day for my birthday present? That's not fair." He pouts and I turn around throwing my arms around his shoulders.

"Put your pouty lip away, Seguin. You got two out of three of your gifts tonight, you'll live."

"Yeah, I think I will. Especially if I can have more of the second one," Pushing myself up to Tyler's level our lips reconnect and I smile into the kiss, something I can definitely get used to.

"I think that can be arranged." The second kiss is better than the first and I find myself being pushed to the edge of the booth that Hannah and Luke had been sitting at. Not many people had been sitting until now, as Tyler and I continued learning every inch of each others mouths people were walking by. Most went on their merry way silently but those closest to Tyler couldn't bear to not give him shit as they passed headed towards empty tables and the restrooms.

There was an "It's about damn time!" yelled from across the bar the voice belonging to Jordie Benn, follow my a "ouch" as his girlfriend Jess wacked him for being annoying.

A chorus of "atta boys" from the out-of-towner's.

The classic "Get a room" from Jason Demers, who had no room to judge considering I had seen him with his own tongue down Maddie's throat a few hours before.

And lastly as we finally broke apart breathless, heads spinning from lack of oxygen, swollen lips tingling, a loud "I Win!" from a very drunk Jamie Benn.

I couldn't fight the case of the giggles as Jamie broke out into a happy dance before us, I don't recall us ever making a bet on if I would fall for Tyler but apparently his competitive nature made everything into a win or lose situation.

"Yes, Jamie you win. I fell for this dork, but I think I'm the real winner here." Leaning up I lightly pressed my lips into Tyler's feeling his lips curl into a smile beneath my own.

"Okay, gross. Just because you're together now doesn't mean you have to be disgusting!" Jamie sauntered off while Tyler and I laughed.

"Can we go dance? We haven't danced together all night!" I asked and Tyler looked down at his watch the time nearing 3 am.

"I think I've got time for one more song," I smiled as he took my hand tugging me over to the half full dance floor where we joined the other drunken fools. We danced with Tyler's teammates and friends who were still going at it until we were all too tired to move any longer. When the lone bartender yelled it was closing time even though we had rented the place out I assumed it was code that Brandon was beat and wanted to go home too. The few of us who were left grabbed our things everyone bidding their goodbyes to Tyler as they waited for their cabs and Uber's to arrive.

Brandon hugged us both, reminded me that my ass had to be back here later to clean up, and congratulated us on 'finally making it official'. Little did he know things hadn't quite been solidified yet, but I had a plan all my own on letting Tyler know I was all his.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, I'd like to think that was worth the wait? :) They've finally kissed but how will they make it official? Trust me, Adi's got a few tricks up her sleeve! Leave me some love! XOXO -Al