Status: C O M P L E T E D | 9-28-16

Give Into Me.

Give Into Me.

Beneath my leather jacket lies a secret.

Okay, wow no that sounds like I'm pregnant and trying to hide it. Which would be impossible considering the deed had not yet been done, so SCRATCH THAT.

Under the black leather coat protecting my shoulders from the chill of the American Airline Center lies a shirt that I've kept hidden all night long. I've been careful not get too wild when celebrating, zipped my jacket up as we made our way to our seats, made Hannah take our usual pre-game selfie from our shoulders up, and I even tied a green flannel around my waist to distract from the wordage covering the grey tank top. No, it doesn’t contain foul language or support the opposing team it's just something funny that I'm saving for Tyler's eyes.

After all it's the final piece to his birthday present.

Hannah knows that my shirt has something to do with Tyler but she's let me keep my secret, only stealing a quick glance or two. Once the game began she quit trying, she'd find out eventually. But what she couldn’t stop doing was pestering me about my nervousness. Something I had no control over! My knee shook rapidly as the game went on in front of us as we sat behind the goaltender for the first time.

"I'm going to throw my legs over yours if you don't stop shaking Adleigh, Jesus." Hannah glared at me holding a cup with Jamie's face on it in her hand, a keepsake for her no doubt.

"I can't help it! I'm nervous."

"They're winning 4-2 and it's already the third, calm down."

"Not about the game dipshit."

"Ouch, and I know. Just trying to lighten the mood," I crossed my arms over my chest leaning back in the cushiony chair as the arena announcer alerted the crowd that our Dallas Stars were on the Power Play.

"Consider it lightened," I huff crossing my legs and accidentally kicking my purse that is stuffed to the max towards Hannah.

"Are you living out of your purse now?" She asks picking it up and setting it underneath my seat out of leg kicking range.

"No, it uhh it's full of Tyler's jersey." I admit shyly knowing she's about to explode.

"OH GIRL!!! You're finally going to wear it!! Ads he's going to be so happy," she shrieks squeezing my kneecap for emphasis and I smile at her.

"Yeah, I know. I just didn’t want to wear it in here, y'know everyone else is kind of wearing the same thing." I nod my head down the row where a slew of girls are wearing Tyler's jersey.

"Get used to that honey, but I know for damn sure he didn’t personally mail them their jerseys." She's right, it's crazy to think it has been five months since I met Tyler in a bar, oh how time flies when you're having fun.

"I know, nothing like sharing your boyfriend with all the other female NHL fans." The word boyfriend rolls off my tongue out of nowhere and it catches Hannah off guard as well as she chokes on the Coke in her hand.

"Your what? Can you repeat that please."

"Shit, I mean we.. Well he hasn't asked yet, but I.. It's my shirt, I'm going to.. dammit you'll see after the game." Word vomit is back and the blonde just laughs at my struggle as I slouch down covering my top even more watching as the time clock ticks down. With the final horn signaling a loss for the visiting Winnipeg Jets they retreat to the locker room as the Stars gather at the side for the three Stars of the game.

Niemi goes first as the Third star, followed by a player from Winnipeg as the Second, and as I watch the first star player walk out on the ice I know who it is even in the dark. A smile breaking out over my face as the announcer begins speaking, "And your first star of the game, with 2 goals and an assist from Brampton, Ontario a forward, numberrrrrrr 91 Tylerrrrr Seguiinnnnnn" With the rest of the crowd in the dark of the arena I stand and cheer along for my boy watching as he takes a victory lap raising his stick to salute the crowd. As the lights come up and Tyler exits the ice after giving a brief interview fans begin vacating their seats while Hannah and I stay put, a bit of a ritual for us. She doesn’t have to fight the traffic and I can kill time upstairs where its less smelly waiting on Tyler.

"Damn first star, and he gets a hot new girlfriend? Seguin's one lucky dude." Hannah winks at me making me laugh running my fingers through the knots at the ends of my curls.

"He could say no, I mean he may have gotten a better offer in the last I don’t know 48 hours. The kid does get marriage proposals left and right!"

"Have you even been apart in the last 48 hours?" Solid point there Hannah.

After Tyler's party we had gone back to his place and completely crashed in a pile of arms and legs, both of us dead to the world for hours. When I woke up I was a mess and took a quick shower before grabbing clothes from the Under Armour room, woke up Tyler to tell him I was taking his Jeep back to Avenu to help clean up and left. When I got back he had yet to leave his room only showered and laid back in bed, we spent Sunday just like that watching Netflix with the dogs.

It was perfect, he drove me home Sunday night and left me with a kiss that made me want a hundred more. This afternoon he stopped by the office bringing me lunch before his pre-game nap and wouldn't leave until he got a 'good luck kiss', it was then I was thankful I had an office and not just a cubicle. The boy was trying to kill me, and now here we are. So to answer Hannah's question no, we really hadn't been apart for more than a few hours here and there but hey I'm not complaining.

Shaking my head with a little blush on my cheeks I stood up zipping my jacket up a little to hide the lettering on my shirt, "Alright, I'm going to go get my man. I'll let you know if it goes terrible and we need to bust out the Tequila."

"Oh, I hope not it's Monday! My liver can't do Tequila on Monday's, we're not in college anymore." Hannah cringed and I did too mentally.

"Well then you better say a prayer, Mr. Hot and Sweaty feels the same way I do." Hannah stood correcting her Victory Green sweater before wrapping her tiny arms around me.

"Honey you don't need prayers, he's all yours and he has been for months."

"Thanks boo, I'll let you know if I'm not coming home." She just nods and goes up one set of stairs while I head up the other on my way to the elevator, the closer I get the more rapid my heart rate grows.

"Good evening Miss Reichman, going down?" The elevator attendant an older man named Stan asks as I approach, I give him a smile and he presses the down button for me.

"May I ask you a question Miss?" He asks as we ride downstairs and I agree, "Do you ever go upstairs? Most of the women take in the game from above."

"Well, I uhh, I just recently became a WAG? So maybe one day I'll take a ride upstairs with you Stan."

"Ahh, well you and Mr. Seguin have a nice evening now." He holds the door back as we hit the ground and I wave at the friendly old man.

Was it time I braved the box upstairs? We were about to be official and I had now met all of the other girls who to my surprise were very welcoming. So did I need to conquer my fears? Hannah would miss having me by her side I'm sure but Abby did say she was welcome upstairs too! Boy was I freaking out over nothing, by the time I got downstairs the hallway was clearing out of families who waved as they passed. I chose a spot of brick and leaned against it dropping my heavy bag at my feet.

"Well if it isn't Mrs. Seguin? Congrats to the happy couple!" I rolled my eyes as the ever single and always loud Jason Demers approached me.

"What, I didn't know Jackie was in town?" I sassed as he threw an arm around me.

"Funny, no seriously it's about damn time you two y'know." With the rise of his eyebrows I got what he was insinuating, so I gave him an elbow to the side.

"Shut up, is he coming out anytime soon?"

"Mr. First Star of the Game had a lot of media, but he should be getting dressed by now." Nodding along Jason lets out a yawn and checks his watch, "Well you have fun with Segs, Adi I'm going home."

"Good night, Jason." I wave goodbye at the guy with a mop of wet black curls on his head who slings his bag over his shoulder and continues down the hallway. A minute or so later of leaning against the wall the locker room door opens again and outsteps the dynamic duo both clad in fancy suits laughing about something. I presume it to be a dirty joke told by one of their teammates, there seems to always be an overabundance of those going around.

I catch the eye of Jamie first who just gives me a nod of his chin, I can hear him tell Tyler he'll see him later before they separate and Tyler finally stands before me. Hair wet and naturally curly, tie loose around his neck, smelling fantastic as usual one arm wraps around my waist the other leaning against the wall above my head. "Can I get your autograph? I've never met the first star of the game before." I ask Tyler and he laughs his fingers curling into my side.

"I bet you've never kissed him before either," he says leaning his head down to connect our lips.

"You would be correct, he's a pretty good kisser" I can feel Tyler grinning into our next kiss.

Parting I move my hand from Tyler's chest down to the zipper on my jacket, "Hey, so are you ready for your last birthday present?"

Tyler's eyes widen as my hand rests on my stomach fiddling with the zipper, "You're going to show me here?"

Rolling my eyes I pull the little metal piece down until the zipper separates revealing the grey tank top with black writing, "You're supposed to read it, babe."

Pulling the sides of my jacket open a little wider Tyler smirks as he reads the tank top aloud, "The only thing tougher than a hockey player is his girlfriend," at the last word his eyes flick up from my torso to look into my own.

"So you're saying?" He asks both hands resting with a tight grip on my hip bones rubbing circles through the thin fabric of the tank top.

"I'm saying I'm in, Tyler. I'm all in, that is if you still want me." Sliding my hand up his chest to the back of his head I can see his lip twitch, then turn upward cracking that grin that has me losing my mind these days.

"Trust me baby, I've wanted you for months. That's never going to change, I'm so in." Twisting my fingers in the hair on the back of his head I'm lost in all that is Tyler Seguin not caring that we're in the basement of the AAC. Thank god most of the families with small children have cleared, I'm not so sure our little makeout session would be considered PG. Mid-kiss Tyler pulls his head back so I open my eyes curiously, "There's one thing though, if you're going to be my girlfriend."

"I think I'm already one step ahead of you, 91." Turning his head to the side like a confused dog Tyler watches as I lean down unzipping my purse that's been sitting on the floor. Reaching inside I grab the wad of Victory Green fabric, it unfolds in my hands as he stares at me in disbelief.

"You're amazing, did you wear it tonight?" His voice is so happy pulling me back into his chest squishing the jersey between our bodies.

"No, but I planned on wearing it later. I think it'll look better with what I have on underneath all this," I don't have to look up from the crook in Tyler's neck to know a smirk has formed on his face. I can feel him swallow hard beneath me and I know then that we won't be taking the long way home tonight.

"I think we should uhh, probably go home now." Tyler lets out his voice low and deeper now and I couldn’t agree more, pressing one last kiss to the corner of his jaw I step away, and stuff my jersey back into the black leather bag.

"Take me home, boyfriend." Lacing our fingers together we begin walking down the hallway to the parking lot, the cold air hits me right in the face sending a shiver through my body. The lights flash on Tyler's Jeep and he opens the door on the passenger's side helping me up into the high rise vehicle, "Thanks babe," I smile down at the boy below me the lights on top of the Jeep reflecting off his beautiful face.

"Anything for you, girlfriend." I respond to his wink with an eye roll realizing how cheesy we just sounded. As Tyler drove out of the city towards his house I pulled my phone out to let Hannah know Tequila was not on the menu tonight.

A: Put away the shot glasses and lock the door, I'm not coming home ;)
H: told you so! Don't do anything I wouldn’t do! Be safe ;)

Tossing my phone into the bag at my feet I looked across the car in the darkness at Tyler whose eyes were focused deeply on the road in front of him clearly in a hurry to get home. I didn't have to say anything but I felt his hand resting on my thigh eyes never leaving the road, this was it I had finally given in and I couldn’t be more thrilled with my decision. He was nothing like I had envisioned him that night in the bar, he was sweet, family oriented, to my surprise my family loved him, hell I loved him.

I was wrong, he was right; I would give into him. It just took a little longer than he probably would have liked.
♠ ♠ ♠
dun, dun, duhhh! We have a happy couple! Originally this was the last chapter, but with all the love this story received I've added a few more chapters with more to come once I'm on spring break! So here it is, it's a little short but Adi and Tyler are finally together so that's all that matters right?! :) xoxo -al