Status: C O M P L E T E D | 9-28-16

Give Into Me.

24 hours.

I woke up the next morning to the slow tickle of Tyler's fingers drawing circles up and down my bare back, the roughness of his fingers gave me goose bumps as I rolled over to face him wrapping the white sheet of his bed tighter around myself.

"Good morning," I yawned as my boyfriend laid next to me in all his shirtless, bed-headed glory.

"Morning, beautiful." He replied his hand reaching out to clutch my cheek, thumb running underneath my eye.

"Y'know you don't have to butter me up with compliments, I'm already naked." I watched as Tyler's cheeks turned pink and a smirk curled up on his lips.

"Trust me I know you are, it's a nice view."

"I could say the same," Pushing myself up on my elbow I connected our lips in remembrance of the way things had started last night and ended with us here, naked in his sheets.

"I have practice." Tyler breathed as he pulled away leaning his forehead against mine.

"And I have to go into the office," I looked over at the alarm clock on Tyler's side of the bed 8:14, as long I went in before 9:30 I could be out of there before 5.

Perks of getting the early boot out of the playoffs I guess.

"Then I guess we should get a move on, eh?" I nodded once and slid my legs to the side of the large bed reaching for the wad of Victory Green fabric on the floor. Letting the sheet slide down my body I pulled the jersey over my head and rose from the bed heading straight for the bathroom knowing damn well Tyler was still laying there watching me walk away the shirt hitting me right below my bare butt.

"Are you trying to kill me?" He called out as I reached the door, I shrugged my shoulders letting the fabric rise giving him an even better view.

"Maybe." I yelled out as I shut the door behind me.

I returned from the bathroom my makeup salvaged as much as I could, day old hair in a knot of messy curls on top of my head, Tyler walked by me taking his turn in the bathroom as I roamed the room collecting my bra and underwear from the various directions it had been scattered in.

Tugging my jeans on I fetched a white v-neck from Tyler's closet tying it in a fashionable knot at the side before heading downstairs topping my shirt with the leather jacket I had been wearing the night before and a pair of black booties. I let the dogs out to the backyard as the Keurig in Tyler's kitchen brewed me a steaming cup of sanity, when it was done I took the travel Dallas Stars cup outside to watch the two labs running wild around the grassy area.

I sat down in a patio chair holding the cup under my nose the smell of the dark roast slowly wake me up, as I relived the events of the previous night. From the first steps into the house when Tyler shooed the dogs away as we kicked our shoes off, his fingers only letting go of mine for a few seconds. To the hungry kisses on his couch pulling pieces of his suit off and tossing them all over the living room and the tease of me making him wait for me to put on his jersey before he could come upstairs. It had been a mix of awkward, funny, and sexy but it was perfect in the end. He was just as skilled in the bedroom as he is down on the ice, when it was all said and done I fell asleep in Tyler's arms.

I heard the glass door close with a slam I came back to reality, looking over to see Tyler standing there with a duffel bag slung over his shoulder a bright pink bottle of BioSteel in his hand. "Well, that's a sight I could get used to."

"Oh yeah, watching me watch your dogs pee is so breathtaking."

"Can you let me try and be romantic please?" Letting out a small airy laugh I stand from the chair and walk over towards the pouting man/child.

"You have all the time in the world to try and be romantic, Seguin. I'm all yours now." Tying my arms around his neck I'm careful to hold onto the plastic cup full of hot coffee behind his head.

"I like hearing you say that."

"That will fade when I start annoying you."

"If you haven't shook me in the past 6 months I think I'm pretty solid." Pecking his lips on my tippy toes I can feel the butterflies back in my stomach.

"We've got to go to work now." Tyler called for his two "children" who obeyed and ran into the house as I gathered my things heading for the garage. Sliding into the passenger seat of the Mercedes SUV I checked my phone for the first time only seeing one message from Hannah.

H: I expect lots of details when you get home, welcome to the girlfriend club.

It's been a few years since I had been in that "club" and this time I would be in it in more ways than one; I could complain about my "normal" boyfriend while Hannah complained about hers. But I could also join my fellow hockey WAGs in complaining about our go-go-go athlete men, they now understood me in ways that Hannah didn’t. This run at being a girlfriend was just beginning but it was already going to be much different than my last.

After Tyler dropped me off with a quick kiss in front of my apartment building I ran upstairs (not literally, I took the elevator these shoes were not made for running) and darted into my bathroom. I attempted to fix my hair into a hairstyle that didn’t say "I had sex last night and didn’t shower" and put on enough makeup that hid the fact that I hadn't slept much either.

My next stop was my closet for something Cowboys' blue, an office rule. I kept Tyler's shirt on, changed into black jeans, topping the look with a navy blue blazer and flats. It was 9:15 and I really needed to get on the road so I said to hell with it and fled for the parking lot, if my appearance caught people off guard then I would just own it. Did I have a long night last night? Yes, yes I did.

I sat in my office chair my chin resting on the top of the white Venti Starbucks cup in front of me as I scanned a mile long email from a corporate sponsor when I heard a knock at my door. My eyes flicked towards the sound, standing in my doorway was Del holding a bouquet made out of various candies. "Aww, is it your anniversary?" I asked the first part a little weak as I hadn't spoken out loud to anyone in hours.

"No, Adam would never send this diabetes contraption. It was up front for you, care to explain?" I tapped an empty spot on the top of my desk for him to set down the vase exploding with what I could see now as all of my favorite candies. At the top on what looks like a chopstick is a little yellow envelope with my name on it in beautiful handwriting, I plucked it off and pulled out the little white card from inside.

| For the girl who'd rather have a sugar rush than flowers that will die next week. We're going to dinner tonight the same place of our first "date", see you at 6. Love, Tyler |

"Tyler?" I had forgotten Del was standing there as I smiled like an idiot at the card in my hands, he stood with his hands on his hips sassy as ever waiting on me to confirm his suspicion.

"Sit down, I'll fill you in." I reached for a packet of Reese's Pieces as the eager man plopped down into my guest chair.

"Let me guess, from the looks of your hair and the fact that you've had 2 giant lattes today I'm going to say you and Mr. sexy pants didn’t get much sleep last night."

"First of all no calling my boyfriend Mr. sexy pants."

Delaney gasped and let out a squeal I would have expected more from Maddie or Olivia, "Yay! Oh girl you two are so cute, now about the other part?" He waggled his eyebrows resulting in me throwing a wad of paper at his head.

"I don’t kiss and tell, Walker. Get back to work, I have a date tonight I'd like to get out of here on time."

With a wimpy salute he stood from the chair grabbing a bag of M&M's from the bouquet, "Yes ma'am."

5:50 I pulled into the parking lot of the seafood joint Tyler had taken me to on our first "date" that back then was not a date, it was just me trying to get him to leave me alone. I parked my Jeep next to Tyler's checked my makeup in the rearview mirror and hopped down from the vehicle straightening my dress as my feet hit the pavement. As I began to walk away from the cars I heard another door slam, I turned back seeing Tyler stepping down from his own vehicle. His windows are tinted so dark I hadn't seen him waiting for me.

"Going in without me?" He asked walking towards me stuffing his keys into the pocket of his khakis.

"I didn't know you were waiting on me."

"What’s that song? Something about always waiting on a woman?" I nod at his reference to Brad Paisley.

"Something like that," he wraps an arm around my waist leaning down connecting our lips in the middle of the parking lot, "Hi." I smile up at him once we've pulled a part.

"Hello, you look great." We began walking towards the building as another car drove by us awkwardly standing in the middle of the drive.

"Thank you, I showered just for you." Tyler shook his head as he pulled open the door trying to hold in his laugh.

"Two for Seguin," He spoke to the girl at the front desk who once again eyed him with adoring looks and scanned me with a look of disgust.

Our first real date started off like any other dinner, wine appeared for me water for Tyler a pre-game night tradition followed by food and the typical discussion of my boring office job and the stupid things Tyler and his teammates were up to on the road and in the locker room. In the midst of chewing on a bite of salmon the date turned down a more serious note as Tyler stared at me across the table. "So we're really doing this? You and me, we're a couple. I can tell people I have a girlfriend now, right?"

Swallowing quickly with a quick sip of water I nodded, "If the past 24 hours haven't been clear enough for you, yes. We are doing this, you can get your teammates off your back now."

"What about other people?"

"Your family? I mean I plan on telling my mom and dad soon, Hannah already knows."

"No, I figured I could tell them, but I meant the fans. It's not like we've been hiding out it's just never been said officially who you are." We had ignored any of the labels we had received on social media and Tyler dodged all the questions in interviews about the "mystery girl" on his Instagram.

"Is there someone you have to ask about that?"

"You mean like my agent?" I nod continuing to eat, "No, I mean I should tell him and probably my publicist but it's up to me. And personally I'd scream it from the rooftops at this point."

"And you say I'm the dramatic one."

"You may have rubbed off on me a little bit, I'm a little sassy these days according to Jamie and I cant stop listening to country music now since you "left" that CD in my car."

"You're welcome, I was just preparing you for Nashville." Sheepishly grinning over the top of my wine glass I chock up another win for myself having finally forced him into listening to my type of music.

"Speaking of that, how flexible is your work schedule these days?"

"Depends on what we're talking about. Are you asking me to leave the state?"

"We'll be back by Monday morning, Tuesday to Sunday. If I have to spend my birthday playing hockey I at least want my girl there." And there it was, the golden rule. The one phrase that gets all the girls swooning, "my girl". How could I say no to that?

"Let me check my schedule, but I think it could be done." Tyler's hand slides across the table his fingers lacing with mine on top of the black tablecloth.

"Perfect, I was hoping you wouldn't say no."

"Don’t let this go to your ego Seguin, but you are actually really hard to say no to."

"Oh really? Because you made it look pretty easy for the past couple of months, Ads."

"I deserve an Oscar, best actress in a romantic comedy."

"We are not a RomCom." Tyler scoffs standing up from the table as I grab my purse.

"Oh whatever, Nicholas Sparks would have ate this up." Throwing his arm around my shoulders I can feel his lips on top of my head.

"You’re a dork."

"Yeah, but I'm your dork."

"Lucky me, so it's" He looks at the watch on his arm that has me pressed against the side panel of my Jeep, "Only 7:30, wow. Anything you want to do tonight?"

"Sleep. I didn’t really get much of that last night, and I have to go to Waco tomorrow."

"Waco? Why, we have a game tomorrow." The pout is on his face before I can even explain myself.

Reaching up to cup his cheek I rake my fingers through the dark hair on his face, "I know you do babe and I'll be there. Del and I are going with some players and cheerleaders to do some NFL Play 60 campaign we'll be back by 5."

I can feel his cheeks rise in a smile beneath my hand before his face dips down to mine, "Perfect. How about we just go back to your place then, I'll hang around until you fall asleep."

Thirty minutes later I'm makeup free, hair in a braid emerging from my closet wearing ratty sweatpants while Tyler lounges on my bed one arm behind his head the other pointing a remote at the TV. "Don't you dare put that on the NHL network."

"Come on, Chicago is playing and they're gaining on us."

"I don't give a shit what Chicago is doing, no hockey." I wave my hands in jazz handish formation, "This is a hockey free zone."

"Fine, no hockey and no reality TV."

Sliding into the side of bed and over until I'm under his free arm, I ponder my next choice of TV "Does Greys Anatomy count as reality TV?"

"Not technically but I will be completely lost." Taking that as a yes I grab the remote and pull up an episode from my DVR.

"Everyone dies, that’s all you need to know."

"And you find that appealing?"

"Yes, it makes me feel like I'm still the doctor I wanted to be when I was little." As I spilled a little about my childhood I could feel Tyler looking at me while Meredith appeared on the screen.

"You wanted to be a doctor?" I nod keeping my eyes focused on the screen. "What changed your mind?"

"I wanted to be a lot of things; a princess, a doctor, a lawyer like my mom. But cheering, it just overtook me I was, I mean I still kind of am.. obsessed with it."

"So you chased that dream instead?" Tyler's arm slides from around my shoulder to pull me over into his lap leaning his forehead down on neck.

"Yeah, until it came back to bite me in the ass. If I had gone to med school I wouldn’t have a bionic ankle, I'd be making them." I can feel the air of his laugh on my neck sending a cold chill wrecking through my body.

"If you were a doctor we wouldn’t have met either."

"What makes you think that? I could have still been just a girl in a bar." How very Meredith Grey of me, I can't help but use her infamous line.

"You could have been, but that would have been a different Adleigh. Not the one that I'm falling in love with." I can feel the breath hitch in my throat, my stomach clench, and skin set on fire all in the seconds after he finishes his sentence. Turning to face him I'm sure I look purely stunned my eyes stinging with tears while Tyler just sits there that little smirk on his face knowing damn well he had hit me right in the feels.

"You're what?" Apparently the boy enjoys showing off his strength as he wraps his arms around me picking me up and settling me on top of him my legs wrapping around his waist our faces inches from each other as I await to hear him restate what he had just said. A girl needs clarity right? Or maybe I just like hearing him say sweet things to me.

"I said, I'm falling in love with YOU. The girl who enjoys driving me crazy, and training tricks that could kill her, and hanging out with my dogs more than me, and makes me want to lay around watching shitty TV than go out at night; I love everything about you Adleigh, and I'm not going to say those 3 words yet but just know they're coming."

Tears, tears everywhere.

Sniffling I try to gain my sight through the clouds of tears to look at Tyler who had just spilled his entire heart out to me at 10 o'clock on a Tuesday. We've really got to work on the whole conventionality thing. "As much as I love your dogs, I think I might love their owner a little more even if he does scare me every time he steps on the ice and leaves me for days at a time. You're something else, Tyler Seguin and it scares me to death." The last part is barely above a whisper as I've gathered control of my tears but not quite my erratic breathing.

"You don't have to be scared, Adi."

"I do, but a wise woman A Ms. Jackie Seguin once told me that love was scary, but that's what makes it so worth while." At the mention of his mother Tyler tilts my face up his eyes baring into mine.

"You talked to my mom?"

"Yeah, before Christmas she wasn't buying our little act. She saw straight through me, and she was right there was something between us."

"You girls are sneaky."

Leaning down I hover my lips over his, "Get used to it, you're now outnumbered 4 to 1."

Pressing his mouth to mine I can feel him smiling before moving his lips from my mouth to the side of my neck, "Those are odds that I'm okay with, as long as you're the fourth."

Still getting used to the whole "we're together now, you can touch me" aspect of our relationship Tyler and I spent the better part of the next hour making out like teenagers. There were laughs at times when I stopped moving my lips to sneak peaks at the TV, and heated hands roaming but for the most part things stayed PG-13, if there was one thing I didn’t want was to base our relationship on sex.

Everything ended when I couldn’t hold my yawns in any longer, Tyler turned the TV off and one of the bedside lamps leaving just enough light for him to see his way out. I settled into his side tucked under my comforter as he ran his fingers up and down my back the sound of his heart beating below me lulling me to sleep.

I was in a foggy trance when I felt his lips on my forehead one last time whispering "Goodnight" to me before sliding out from underneath of my body my head laying softly onto a pillow. I heard the door to my room click shut before falling asleep completely my heart running over with joy and happiness, and for the first time in weeks I wasn’t worried about Tyler.

Everything was going to work out, we could do this. I was free to give in, I was free to fall.
♠ ♠ ♠
so we're falling in love, eh? :) I like this chapter a lot, it's just Adi and Tyler and a little sassy Del. xoxo - Al

Ps. the new chapter titles are just telling you how far into their relationship we are.