Status: C O M P L E T E D | 9-28-16

Give Into Me.

One Week.

About a week later I sat at my desk thinking about the amount of things I needed to get done before Tyler and I left for Nashville the following night, at the top of that list was to pack but first I needed to get my luggage which happens to be stored at my parents.

My parents who still don’t know I'm now in a relationship.

Staring at my office phone I decide there's no better time than the present to call my mom and ask her to drag out a suitcase from our basement storage room. Placing the call on speakerphone I await the Law office of Stern and Reichman to come through killing time by scrolling through the weather in Nashville.

"This is Shayla," My mother's voice is booming and in full "lawyer mode" slightly startling me.

"Hey mom, it's me."

"Oh, hi Sweetie, Brooke could have told me it was just you."

"Ouch, mother." Looking back at the screen I scoff at her harshness.

"You know what I meant, is something wrong? You don't normally call me at work."

"Well, no not really I just wanted to talk to you now and it's normally your slow time." Beat around the bush Adleigh, atta girl.

"Well, talk Adleigh Ruth I don't have all day."

"I need a suitcase from the cave. Can you have dad dig one out for me?"

"How big and what for? Where are you going? Did you and Hannah plan a trip without telling me?" 30 questions in one, how very lawyer-esque.

"Not too big just for like 5 days, and I'm not going anywhere with Hannah. I'm going to Nashville, with my boyfriend." I smile to myself in anticipation of her reaction.

"ADLEIGH RUTH this is how you decided to tell your mother you're dating?! In what world is that okay?!" Uh oh.

"Mom, chill. You knew it was going to happen, you told me to go for it so I did. We're together, I'm happy everything is, well it's perfect."

"Dinner, we need to have dinner with the two of you." That catches me off guard, they've met him multiple times what's changed now that we've slapped a label on things?

"Why? We're still the same people mom, nothing has changed."

"It's the principle of the matter, Adleigh. Now, when you get back from this vacation or whatever it is we must get together. Understand?"

Like a defeated teenager I exhale, there's no need to fight with her, "Yes ma'am. So the suitcase?"

"You can pick it up tonight, I'll have your dad dig it out when he gets home." As my mother hangs up the line I lean my arms down on the tabletop my forehead resting on the cool white desk, and like the professional that I am I let out the most adult like groan the closest thing to a shrill scream I can produce in an office setting without getting someone barging into my office to check on me.

After work I make a quick, and I mean QUICK stop at my parents to retrieve my suitcase. The white hardtop suitcase is waiting for me in the hallway outside the kitchen and the only one to greet me when I enter the house are the family dogs.

"Anyone here?" I ask my shoes clacking against the hardwood floors, rounding the corner into the kitchen I see both of my parents sitting at the bar in the kitchen.

"Hi Ads," My dad greets.

"Hey Daddy, thanks for digging that out for me."

"No problem, so your mother tells me you have a boyfriend now." Cocking my jaw to the side I look over at my mother who is just sitting there with her hands laced on the granite.

"Uh huh, why are you both acting like you've never met Tyler? I'm pretty sure you both like him, a lot."

"I do like him, sweetie it's just different now. I need to lay down the law now if he's going to be taking care of my little girl." Oh no, Ben does not need to have that talk with Tyler, we are not 16 year olds going out on our first date.

"Dad really, I don’t think that's necessary."

"But it is, and I understand dinner has been arranged?"

"We're checking Tyler's schedule when we get back from Nashville, speaking of which I really need to go pack." I round the bar and stand between the two of them wrapping an arm around either parent. "Lighten up you two, I'm happy be happy with me."

Leaning over Ben pecks me on the cheek, "Well that's all that matters right? Have a nice trip baby girl."

Walking out on the tarmac in the dark early morning air I pulled the grey sweater tighter around my body as Tyler leads me towards the private plane we are taking to Nashville. Why we needed to fly out at 5 am when we didn’t technically have to be in Music City until Thursday I'll never know but I was doing whatever the birthday boy said this weekend, within reason. A sharply dressed man stood at the door of the plane extending his hand to Tyler, "Good morning Mr. Seguin, we're all set for wheels up in 15 minutes."

"Great, John this is my girlfriend Adleigh it's her first flight with you." It's far too early for introductions but I smile through it and shake who I presume to be the pilots hand.

Up a few steps we're inside the plane fit for maybe eight people and it's beautiful, although I know I wont be seeing much other than the back of my eyelids. Dropping my bag on the floor I plop into one of the large leather chairs, buckle myself in and lean my head against the window.

"You're not much of a morning person are you?" Tyler comments as I slightly open my eyes looking across the seat at him.

"Do you remember what I told you when we first met?"

"You told me a lot of things, you were just trying to scare me away."

"Well I told you that my parents nicknamed me the gremlin, I hate when people wake me up. Sleep is important, Seguin.

"Well Gizmo, go back to sleep. I'll wake you up when we land." If I had the energy I would have rolled my eyes at that but I just did as I was told and let my body go back to it's happy place. All would be okay when we landed in Tennessee.

Only we didn’t land in Tennessee.

I walked off the plane expecting the chill of the in-between of the Midwest and the South only to find we hand touched down in the Sunshine State, Miami beach to be exact. As my feet stepped off the steps of the plan to the hot concrete of the tarmac I looked at Tyler with so many questions. "What are we doing in Florida?"

"Well everyone else got to go somewhere warm so I thought we should catch some sun for a few days too." That sounded wonderful but there were a few glitches in his master plan I thought as we walked towards the car waiting to take us away.

"One problem, I didn’t pack anything for warmth or sun, or the water."

"And that's where Hannah comes in handy, I had her pack you a bag just for here too. It's with my stuff."

My jaw dropped as I sat in the back of the black towncar, he was unbelievable sometimes, "You're pretty sneaky, babe."

A few quick kisses later he responds, slinging an arm around me and pulling me into the middle seat, "I try. What do you say we go catch some sun?"

Hannah had packed a killer wardrobe for the two days Tyler and I would be in South Beach, cute rompers and a sunhat I had been dying to wear since last summer not to mention the all black Triangl bikini I had scored on clearance during the winter sale.

She knew just what I would have wanted to wear while on the worlds shortest vacay with my man, I guess that’s what we're best friends. I shot her a text as I changed in our room at the top of some high-rise hotel thanking her for being in on Tyler's little trick, she replied with just a bunch of winky faces.

If I was a dork she was an even bigger one.

Tyler and I enjoyed the whole 36 hours we were in the warmth of Miami, we laid out on the beach, dipped our toes in the water that was still a bit too cool to actually swim in, hit up clubs and even ran into a few of Tyler's friends and I met his publicist. It turns out the boy knows people just about everywhere.

The trip was quick but it was nice to get out of the microscope of Dallas, for the most part Tyler was just Tyler and not Tyler Seguin #91 for the Dallas Stars. It was refreshing, we also got to just be a "normal couple" that stayed in an uber nice hotel and flew in and out on private planes. Those luxuries were things I was going to need some time to get used to, I lived a nice comfortable life but the Reichman's flew coach unless the upgrades were free.

Things flipped when we headed up to Nashville, Tyler slipped out of normalcy back into being the NHL superstar he was born to be. The moment we touched down in Music City cameras were EVERYWHERE and I suddenly realized if people didn’t know he had a girlfriend by now they were in for a wakeup call!

That or he just has a red headed stalker these days.

As we entered the host hotel for the players I entered an alternate universe, one I wasn’t sure I belonged in. I stopped dead in my tracks looking around at my surroundings as Tyler continued on towards the front desk.

"Hey, Ads? Come on." He encouraged so I continued forward to the dark wooden desk where a sharply dressed woman grinned at the two of us.

"Good afternoon and welcome to the Omni Severin, are you checking in or out?"

"In, last name is Seguin."

"Ahh, you must be with the NHL." Tyler nods sliding his ID over towards her as I lean my elbow onto the counter standing in silence.

"And I'll need to see your ID for your guest passes as well, Miss um, Reichman?" She catches me off guard I hadn't thought that I would have been registered for anything considering how last minute this was. Reaching into my purse I retrieve my wallet and the awful Texas State issue drivers license.

"Very well, here are your media passes Mr. Seguin and your tickets and guest pass Miss Reichman." I reach up for the envelope my name scrawled on it in black ink tucking it into my giant purse for "safe" keeping. "And your room keys, enjoy your stay and welcome to Music City."

Turning towards the elevators Tyler laces his fingers with mine giving my hand a squeeze as if he knows I'm out of my element, "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"You sure?" He looks down at me and I feel at a huge disadvantage having worn flat booties to fly in.

"Yes, just adjusting to the cold." Lies.

"Uh huh, well there are some guys from Boston and other teams I want you to meet tonight we're going to dinner. If that's okay with you, I mean." He stumbles over the last part and it's cute not that I’d ever care that he made plans for us, it's nice when guys take initiative.

"Ty it's your weekend, I'm here to do whatever you wanna do." The elevator door opens up on our floor and I follow Tyler down the hall pulling my suitcase behind me.

Tyler slides the keycard in freeing open the door with a beep, beyond the door is a beautiful room overlooking the city of Nashville. Tossing my purse on the bed leaving my suitcase standing in the middle of the room I'm drawn to the large windows and the fabulous view.

Two arms slide down over my shoulders pulling me back into Tyler's chest his hands crossing over mine, "I know you're worried about all this media, but I'm really glad you came with me."

"Quit reading my mind, Tyler."

Tyler presses his lips to the top of my head, "I wouldn’t have to if you'd just tell me how you're feeling."

"And where's the fun in that?" I tilt my head up looking to see the expression on his face, he looks like he's trying to fight that award winning smile.

"You drive me nuts, Reichman."

Puckering up my lips I rise on my tippy toes until I can reach his lips placing a kiss on his mouth, "Good, that's what girlfriends are for."

An hour later Tyler and I find ourselves standing outside a barbeque place staring at the screen on his iPhone, "This is the right place? Google Maps says so." I point out as a text from one of his friends had led us here, to a spot we both would have never even thought of going to for dinner.

"Well, lets go in Bergy is here and Jamie should be here too." If there was one thing I'd learn since hopping into the hockey scene was that these boys loved nicknames, and I had a feeling this weekend I was going to learn a lot of them. We entered the building and began looking around I had no clue who I was looking for aside from Jamie, in the back a long table of guys and a few other girls began yelling for "Segs".

As Tyler made his way through the guys Jamie grinned up at me, "Look who it is, Adleigh Seguin."

"Shut it, Benn."

"I'm just kidding, how was Miami?"

"You knew?" I asked sitting down at the end of the table near Jamie.

"You're the only one who didn't, he really got you eh?" Oh, Canada. I'm pretty sure I'm the only American at this table!

"Yeah, it was fun. Quick but we had a good time."

Jamie cocked his jaw and took a drink of his water, "Yeah, I bet you did."

Before I could respond Tyler plopped down into the chair beside me, "Guys this is my girlfriend Adleigh, Ads this is most of team Canada. I played with them over the summer."

Awkwardly I raised my hand in a light wave, "Hi, nice to meet ya'll."

"Oh, she's definitely from Texas!" I heard one man say and I looked down to match the sound to a body.

"That would be Patrice Bergeron, we played together in Boston." Tyler pointed out and I nodded along as the dark haired man who had a blonde woman next to him waved at me.

"Nice to meet you, sorry you have to put up with Segs." I laugh while Tyler scoffs, if all of these guys are going to pick on Tyler all weekend long maybe just maybe, I'll survive.

By the end of the meal I've laughed so much my stomach hurts from more than just being stuffed with barbeque and I've made a friend in Stephanie Bergeron, or at least someone to watch the weekends festivities with. To cap off the night Tyler, Jamie, Taylor Hall and I decide to venture down Broadway ending up in some bar called Tootsies with a big wooden dance floor and a kickass cover band.

"This is like Dallas on steroids," Jamie comments looking around his intense surroundings and I agree with him taking a sip of my beer my toe tapping along to the beat of the music.

"It's really cool, I like it."

"You would Miss Texas." Jamie jokes and I have to laugh, "No, that would be Tyler's last girlfriend."

"Atta girl," Jamie high fives me and Tyler rolls his eyes our jokes do not appease him.

"So, Texas you going to get out there? I see you tapping your foot." Taylor nods down to my brown booties and I shrug my shoulders.

"It's just in me, I had to learn how to line dance in school and with the squad."

"Wait a second you can actually line dance?" Tyler seems appalled looking from me to his two friends then back to me.

"Uh huh, maybe another beer and I'll show ya'll."

Another beer turns into a beer and a shot of Jack Daniels, because when is the state of Jack Daniels you just have to party with the man himself. As the night progresses the music on the dance floor turns up and as soon as I hear the drawl of Luke Bryan coming through the speakers, "Hey girl, you know you've got everybody lookin'." I'm ready to show off a little bit, slamming my bottle on the table I look sharply over at Tyler shooting him a wink, "Watch this."

Falling into line with a slew of other girls who couldn’t resist the power of Mr. Bryan we begin to match step the heels of our boots clanking on the hardwood. As the song goes and my hips roll with the beat our claps and yells in sync I can't fight the tipsy giggles, forgetting how fun it was to dance for fun and not in front of thousands of football fans. Looking over to the three hockey players I can tell Tyler hasn’t looked away from me his eyes fixed on my every move, as Luke calls for the Country Girls to shake it for him I do as I'm told finishing out the song before trotting back over to our table.

"And that boys is how it's done," I state snatching the beer bottle out of Tyler's hands before leaning back onto him a little worn out from the dancing.

"Bravo," Jamie claps and I dust off my shoulder in a mocking way.

"For real though, babe that was crazy I didn’t know you could do that?" Tyler sounds really excited as he leans down talking right into my ear.

"I thought you said you looked up the DCC videos?"

"Not as much as your Cheer Athletics and UT stuff, you can really move."

Before I even have a chance to comment it's like a light bulb went off in Taylor's head, "Holy shit you're a Cowboy's cheerleader? Way to go, Seggy!"

A high five is exchanged between the two boys before I have to burst his bubble, "Not anymore, I'm retired."

"Retired? You're like what, 21? 22." Taylor questions trying to guess my age.

"23, and it's not because of my age I've got a fucked up ankle. Which will probably hate me for that in the morning." I cringe just thinking about that.

"Well, either way that's badass. You're a badass, Adleigh." I have to laugh at the drunken Oiler as Tyler's arms wrap tighter around my waist.

"Thanks, Taylor. I'll keep that in mind the next time Tyler tells me I'm being wimpy."

Friday's media day is an absolute bore to anyone not on an NHL roster and after 20 minutes of hiding in the background of Tyler's interviews I decide that discovering Nashville sounds like a much better idea. I shoot Tyler a text and head for Broadway spending the afternoon going in and out of boutiques, antique shops and museums. By the time Tyler's done and I've headed back towards our hotel I've bought enough to need another bag for the flight home. Much like Friday I get to see Tyler for only a few hours on Saturday, most of which are spent with making sure he's all set for the red carpet.

When I first heard about the "red carpet" I started freaking out, did I have to walk it with him? What would I wear? What if I was on TV? What if I tripped? And then I learned it was players only and I breathed a sigh of relief, the shadows were a wonderful place to be. As Tyler combed his hair and trimmed his beard with just a towel hanging around his waist I sat on the edge of the bathtub cloaked in a robe that quite possibly was made by God himself enjoying my view. That is until I got caught staring, but could you blame me? He's like looking at a Greek god.

"It's not polite to stare, Adi." Tyler mocked staring back at me in the large mirror covering the entire bathroom wall.

"Well, I'd say I'm sorry but I'm really not."

Tyler smirked back at me before turning to face me leaning his hands back on the black countertop, "Stare away it's all yours."

Pushing myself up I walked over wrapped my arms around his shoulders and kissed him deeply, "Now that's music to my ears."

Saturday's three piece suit made me and I'm sure almost every other female hockey fan weak at their knees; my boyfriend is hot as hell. He was even more attractive down on the ice in his element having the time of his life with his friends. He smiled ear to ear all night long even after swearing on national TV and even after his team lost, the entire weekend was amazing.

11:58 PM Saturday January 30, 2016 the two of us laid in the large king size hotel bed staring at the ceiling tiles waiting for the clock to strike midnight. We were both tired, Tyler for a better reason than I but we had vowed to make it to his birthday.

"One more minute," I yawned rolling onto my side as Tyler blinked rapidly trying to keep his eyes open.

"Can we just say I'm 24 and go to bed now?" Rolling my eyes I press the home button on my iPhone watching the white numbers tick from 11:59 to 12:00.

"We can now, happy birthday baby." I wiggled my way over kissing him for the first time in his new age.

"Thank you, this may be my favorite one yet." Tyler says before yawning which then makes me yawn.

"Uh huh, let's get some sleep old man. You've got the big game tomorrow!"

Sunday's epic 3-on-3 tournament doesn’t quite go in favor of the Western Conference but the NHL got what it wanted, a show. There were laughs, "fights", and plenty of tears from the family of John Scott. I learned a lot about his story over the last couple of days and he truly was an inspiration and a wonderful guy from the brief introduction I got via Tyler in passing. It was a solid fact that the NHL was full of great guys, just a douchebag here or there for good measure.

As soon as Tyler was done with the media circus and both of our bags were packed we loaded into an Uber with Jamie in tow this time hopping onto our private plane towards Dallas. I settled into the large, cushiony chair and retrieved my laptop from my bag knowing that with Jamie on our flight there would be nothing but "hockey talk" for the next two hours.

Just as I was about to tuck the classic white Apple earbuds into my ears I heard a voice call out my name, I turned toward the aisle to see Jamie holding a plate of cupcakes in his hands. "Well, Captain I know those aren't on your diet."

Jamie cracked a grin and held the plate over in my direction, "Definitely not, did you order these?"

I shake my head grabbing a chocolate cupcake, "No, good call whoever did though."

"You really didn’t order these?" Tyler questions and I shake my head again licking the dark chocolate frosting off.

"Promise, but I'm guessing with the amount of money you pay this charter they probably just wanted to be nice." One of us has to be logical in this relationship.

Tyler shrugs tossing the paper of his own cupcake into a cup holder thinking our discussion is over I tuck the earbuds into my ears and turn on a playlist of Chase Rice and Green River Ordinance.

Entranced in my overflowing email box I barely even notice we've left the ground of Tennessee, after taking a week off of work even in the off-season I still had a lot of requests and proposals to skim through. Peeling my eyes off of the bright screen I steal a glance over at Tyler only finding him looking right at me, watching me in fact. Cute or creepy? Both.

"Can I help you?" I ask taking out my right earbud.

"Nope, I just like watching you work."

Knitting my eyebrows together I can't think of a single reason why someone would find watching another person read intriguing, "Why exactly?"

"Because you're cute. Your nose wrinkles when you read, and when you don’t like something you scoff without knowing or you smile to yourself if you do like it. You twist your lips when you're thinking really hard, you're quirky. It's cute."

"And you're a little creepy, but I'll take that as a compliment."

"And I'll take your man card, Segs. Wow!" Jamie starts laughing out of nowhere and for a minute there I had forgotten he was even on the airplane.

"Shut up, Jamie." I beat Tyler to it and I can see a smile curl up on his lips.

"That's my girl! What she said chubs, go back to sleep." Closing my laptop I slide it back into the pocket of my bag and remove my earbuds, work can wait. Catching my drift Tyler gets out of his seat across from Jamie and joins me on my side of the plane, I stand up letting him take my spot before settling into his lap.

"So, you really think I'm creepy?" Tyler asks his lips practically on my skin, his breath tickling the hairs at the base of neck.

"No, I think you're incredibly observant today and very sweet."

"I'll take that as a compliment."

"Happy birthday, Tyler."

"Thank you, you're the best gift I ever could have gotten." That makes me smile and the corners of my eyes sting with tears, "Hey, don't cry. I didn't mean to make you cry, babe. I never want to make you cry."

"Good, I don't like boys who make me cry." Tyler kisses my forehead, my cheek, the corner of my mouth before planting a kiss solidly on my lips.

"I promise I'm not going to hurt you." Leaning my head on his shoulder I nodded and pressed my lips to the side of his neck praying in my head that he meant the words that he had just said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the late update I ended up going on a quick trip for Spring Break (To Nashville ironically!) and couldn't get this up before I left! Hope you all enjoy Adi and Ty's first couples weekend :)