Status: C O M P L E T E D | 9-28-16

Give Into Me.

Feel the Heat. { 2 }

Waking up the next morning I instantly dread drinking that second Jack and Coke and going out for drinks all together. It takes promising myself a Venti iced coffee on my way to Plano to get myself out of bed and into my workout clothes this early on a Saturday morning but I manage. Going to the cheer gym is barely a job to me, it just keeps me in the sport that controlled my life for so long that I can't fathom letting go of it completely.

When I'm dressed from toe to bow I head out the door noting that Hannah's side of the apartment is still silent, that lucky bitch never gets up before noon on the weekends. Downstairs I throw my trusty Nike backpack into the passenger's seat of my white Jeep Wrangler and maneuver my way through a Starbucks drive thru before landing in the parking lot of the Cheer Athletics Training Gym in Plano, TX.

Yes, that Cheer Athletics the crazy skilled cheer factory that's dominated the elite cheerleading circuit for years.

Almost three times a week I drive out here to help out around the gym, it pays well, keeps me in shape, and well it keeps me sane. I had grown up in this gym, throwing flips for hours and falling so in love with the sport that I knew I would need it for the rest of my life and at 23 I still had it, for the most part. Walking through the doors backpack slung over my shoulders I am hit with the familiar smell of sweat and hairspray and the squeals of toddlers and teenagers. My eyes are focused on my phone screen as I walk past the receptionists' desk until Mary's voice call out my name.

"Hey, what's up?" I whip around stuffing my phone into the band of my shorts

"This box came for you about 20 minutes ago, nothing heavy and they didn’t say who it was from.. Were you expecting anything?" The gym manager questions gesturing towards a white box on the countertop.

"No? I didn’t order anything, unless it's new bows for Pumas. But those shouldn’t be here for 3 weeks," Mary shrugs and I grab the box from the counter tucking it under my arm and making my way over to my team's practice mat. Tossing the box on the ground I hope whatever is inside isn't fragile as my backpack lands on top of it and I plop down beside it changing from my Birkenstocks to a pair of white Nike cheer shoes.

Shedding my sweatshirt leaving me in just a sports bra and spandex shorts as I sit and stretch on the blue tumbling mat. As the rest of the girls show up and I wait for the head coach to arrive I finally open the mysterious box hoping it doesn’t contain anthrax or a live animal. On top of the tissue paper is a folded piece of paper and the handwriting is so sloppy I can barely read it.

/ Adleigh, if you're going to watch a stars game you've gotta do it in style. ;) See you tonight - T.S /

I drop the paper on the ground, and my jaw is practically on the ground with it, I'm a little more than freaked out that Tyler had found out where I was after only talking to me for half an hour. All I said to him was that I was a cheer coach, I never said where at! But I guess my Twitter bio does say I work for Cheer Athletics and I may have tweeted about not wanting to drive to Plano. So I guess he connected the dots, boy was he trying hard here.

Pulling back the white tissue paper I see green immediately and roll my eyes, how typical he had sent me his jersey. What guy doesn’t want to brand his girl, right? Too bad I'm not his, and there is no way in hell I'm wearing that! Wadding up the jersey I stuff it in my backpack and go back to stretching, I'm really going to need to go hard today to clear my head of Mr. Seguin.

Three hours later my body is drenched in sweat, my abs are aching and I already know my ankle is going to hurt like a bitch as soon as I take off my brace but it was worth it to throw passes again. Tumbling was always my strong suit and it came in handy at CA helping my teams win a handful of National Championships back in my day but it wasn't exactly needed at the University of Texas and even less during my time on the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders roster. My collegiate and professional career focused more on big smiles and 'Go Team's' but it was still cheerleading and I needed it to fuel my passion.

Sitting in a butterfly position stretching my legs a few of the 17-18 year olds crowd around me, I'm the youngest coach here so they tend to flock to me for advice about college, boys, and life after cheer (not that I knew much about that). "What're you doing tonight Coach?" a perky blonde named Emma asks her bright blue eyes staring me down, "Do you have a hot date?"

I stifle a laugh and move into a new stretch, "No, my roommate and I are going to the Stars game."

"You like hockey?" Lizzie the girl next to Emma asks and I shrug, "Not really, but Hannah does and I kinda have a bet going."

"At least you'll be in the same building as Tyler Seguin, good Lord he's so hot." Emma says fanning herself for emphasis and I have to physically hold in my laughter by covering my mouth. "Yeah, Em he's sooo dreamy." I mock standing up and grabbing my bag ignoring the fact that I have Tyler's jersey on my person and that there's a pretty solid chance I'll be seeing him later tonight. Waving at the teens I walk away out into the still rather warm for mid-October weather checking my phone for messages from Hannah, but only seeing a missed call from my Mom and a Direct Message from Mr. 91 himself.

@TSeguinOfficial: tickets are waiting for you ;)

I ignore the message and buckle myself into my Jeep calling my mom's office through the speakers as I drive. Her assistant answers and patches me over to Shayla Reichman, attorney at law who had absolutely no reason to contact me other than it had been 48 hours since we last spoke and well that was pushing it for her not to call me. My mother talks my ear off all the way back into Dallas about her current cases, how well the dealership is doing, complains that my little brother hasn’t called to check in from school n the last 3 days, and even manages to bring up my ex-boyfriend. She could go on but thankfully her next appointment arrives, "Bye mom, I'll see you at Church in the morning. Tell daddy I said hi, and I love him too."

~

"Hannah Marie, your ass better be awake or I'm going to beat you until you are awake!!" I call out as soon as I enter the apartment not even bothering to look around. The TV is playing Gossip Girl and there is a lump of blankets on the couch so I know the beast is sort of awake.

"I'm up, can you maybe not be so loud?" She groans from her cocoon and I shake my head, give the tiny one 3 beers and she's hungover all day long.

"Look at this," I unzip my backpack and pull out the wad of Victory Green fabric turning it so the giant 91 hits her in the face.

"What the hell, Adleigh did you go to the Rally house?"

"Ha, yeah right! Do you honestly think I would buy a hockey jersey?! HE FREAKING SENT IT TO THE GYM!" Hannah's bloodshot blue eyes are wide as can be and her mouth is slacked open, jaw almost on the floor. "No, way! How did he know where you were? You didn’t even give him your number!"

"I may have followed him on Twitter last night, and he returned the favor." It pains me to admit that I gave in even that much but it does explain how he found me.

"A professional athlete followed you on Twitter?!"

"Did you forget I was a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader? Many professional athletes follow me Hannah, it's not that big of a deal."

"Okay superstar, so he must have Twitter stalked you! How creepy, are you going to wear it tonight?"

"Hell no, he doesn't get to mark his territory on me. Besides that is not going to look good with my hair!" Hannah rolls her eye as I let my sweaty hair out of the bun it's been trapped in all morning.

"You're so difficult, you at least have to wear some green or you'll look like a puck slut rolling up to the ACC in normal clothes."

"A what?" I laugh as she sits up still wrapped in a fleece Cowboys blanket.

"A puck slut, a girl that sleeps with hockey players. You don't want that label,"

"Obviously, but it's not like I haven't been called a cleat chaser my whole life anyway. I'm going to go shower and get ready for this hellacious adventure, if you are going to make it?" I pester and Hannah scowls forcing herself off the couch. "Bite me Reichman, go shower you stink."

When Tyler said glass seats I didn’t know he meant right up against the glass, we are so damn close I feel like I'm taking checks into the boards! The sound of players banging into the Plexiglas left and right is about to give me a heart attack but Hannah seems to be enjoying every last minute of being this close to all the action.

Dressed in her Jamie Benn jersey she's been fangirling since we got to our seats pointing and smiling like a five year old. As soon as the Stars took the ice for warm-ups Tyler skated directly in front of us knowing exactly where we were he and O'Captain stretched and joked around the whole time right there with only a sheet of Plexiglas separating the four of us. I tried to watch the other players but my eyes always drifted back to the #91, he was so smooth on the ice and my god how was he even more attractive in his uniform?! Focus Adleigh!!

I watched as Tyler skated over to the home bench taking a drink of water and receiving a puck from one of the trainers before coming back over in my direction. I looked away over at Hannah who was practically drooling over #14. A thud at my feet caught my attention and I looked back out on the ice my eyes landing directly on Tyler who was standing right in front of me, he smirked and winked before skating away. I shook my head and picked up the piece of rubber laying at my feet, flipping it around in my hands Stars logo on one side scraggly handwriting on the other.

/ See you after the game ;) -Ty /

"What does that say?" Hannah whispers trying not to draw any more attention to ourselves as people are clearly staring at the two girls getting all of Tyler Seguin's attention. "It say's see you after the game, somebody's a little cocky!"

"I would be too, I bet he has a nice one." I look at my best friend appalled at what just came out of her mouth.

"Oh my God, Hannah. You definitely need to go to church tomorrow for that one!" The tiny blonde just giggles, it's not the worst thing I've ever heard leave her mouth and it certainly won't be the last vulgar thing. The game begins and it doesn’t take long before the Stars are 3 goals ahead of the visiting Toronto Maple Leafs, who according to Hannah aren't all that great. But either way 91 hasn’t netted any of those goals so for now I'm still off the hook.

"Looks like he's coming up empty tonight all the way around tonight," I tell Hannah nodding my head towards Tyler as he skates across the ice for a faceoff.

"He still has 10 minutes, they don't call him the third period sniper for nothing!"

"Do they really call him that?" I ask a look of disgust on my face, what a terrible nickname.

"Yeah, they do. Uh oh, there he goes," I look over just in time to see the familiar green jersey whiz by the puck being dribbled with his stick so skillfully it makes my head spin. He makes a pass to his line mate, one who I'm not even sure how to pronounce his last name who holds the puck until Tyler is around the defender. It takes a split second as the puck lands back on the blade of his stick and he sends it sailing through the air straight through the legs of the goalie. The lights go off on the goalpost and the arena erupts in cheers as the announcer drags out "Tyyyyyylerrrrrrrrrrr Segguiiinnnnnnn" for what seems like an eternity as the annoying goal song blares through the loudspeakers once more.

"Looks like you owe 91 your digits, Ads." Hannah elbows me and I let out a stream of air I didn’t know I had been holding in. The period winds down but before the final buzzer rings an arena worker appears in the aisle way. "Miss Adleigh Reichman?" The man in a navy blue blazer addresses and I lean forward holding up my hand.

"Yes? That's me," I question and the older man smiles and nods.

"Mr. Seguin would like to see you, if you and your guest would please follow me." I open my mouth to speak but find that I have no words, so I look over at Hannah and she stands up motioning for me to follow the gentleman. He leads us to an elevator and we stand in the back behind him, as we ride to the basement of the American Airlines Center Hannah leans over to me her lips almost on my ear as she speaks lowly, "Is it just me or is this some Christian Grey, 50 shades shit?" I want to disagree with her but it does have that feeling right now, you know other than the whole red room of pain.

"You may wait here, miss. Mr. Seguin shall be out shortly," I smile and thank the man as he retreats back down the hallway leaving Hannah and I to stand outside what I'm assuming to be the locker room. "This is absolutely insane, what am I doing down here?!" I ask my roommate and she looks just as frazzled as me.

"You're waiting for tall, dark, and creepy to come out here and ask for your number again." Of course she states the obvious.

"Thank you captain obvious, I'm nervous. Should I be nervous? This is like a really weird situation, Han."

"I would hope you're nervous, hell I'm nervous for you! Adleigh this shit doesn’t just happen!" Hannah's voice is close to squeaking as she tries not to yell to get her point across. I lean my back against the cool cinderblock walls and close my eyes trying to focus on my breathing in an attempt to calm my heart rate. I think it's starting to work when I hear the locker room door pop open. Quickly opening my eyes I come face to face with a sweaty and devilishly good looking Tyler Seguin, a cocky smirk draped across his thin lips. He stands in front of me arms crossed over his chest covering the grey Under Armor t-shirt that's stretched across his muscles.

"I think you owe me something, Reichman." Leaning my head to the side I internally applaud his bluntness, no beating around the bush this time.

"Hello to you too, Seguin. Nice goal," Tyler's face lights up smirk upturning into a full blown smile.

"Thank you, I must have had a lucky charm." He winks and wonder how many times he's used that line, and how many times it's actually worked.

"I don’t have enough energy to even make fun of that line right now,"

"You really love calling people out don't you?" He questions and pull at my bottom lip, "Maybe, I guess you'll have to stick around to find out." He reaches into the pocket of the black under armor shorts that are clinging to his hips pulling out a black iPhone. "Only if you hold up your end of this deal." Snatching the phone from his hand I stop before typing in my number. "One question, first."

"Shoot,"

"How much Twitter stalking did you have to do to get that jersey to my gym this morning?" His face changes and I can see his tongue poking at his cheek like he has no clue what to say. The whole look just reads, 'busted'.

"So you got the jersey?" Tyler asks rubbing his neck with his hand.

"I did, but you didn’t answer my question."

"A lot, I may have spent an hour on your Twitter. You've got a pretty awesome life Adleigh… and now I feel like a complete stalker." He looks down at his feet rubbing his neck with one of his massive hands.

"The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem," I joke and he laughs as I unlock his phone shocked to see he doesn’t have a passcode and that his background is of the cutest chocolate lab I've ever seen. My fingers swipe over the screen quickly finally giving him what he wanted before handing the device back over to its rightful owner.

"Thank you, Miss Reichman."

"No problem, Mr. Seguin. Now please, quit stalking me."

"It's not stalking if you willingly give someone your number,"

"Touché, so from here on out use the number not the internet." I finish with a wink and look over at Hannah who's been silent through the whole exchange and from the look on her face I know she's about to bust. As Tyler goes to speak again the locker room door opens once again and Jamie Benn sticks his head out, as soon as I see who it is I look over at Hannah.

She's covered her presumed gaping mouth with her hand but her eyes are still wide open staring at her favorite hockey player, "Hey, Segs it's your turn for media." Jamie calls out and Tyler nods at him before looking back down at me. "Duty calls, don't you worry though I'll be using that number later." He's gone before I can come up with a sarcastic response as Hannah grabs at my arm squeezing the daylights out of it as we walk down the hallways trying to find our way back out of the arena.

"Holy shit, Adleigh. What even was that?! You two are like fighting fire with fire!" The blonde is waving her arms around going on about Tyler and I's battle of wits as we make our way to my Jeep.

"Calm down Han, this isn't going anywhere. I'm just another number in his phone, and I'm not trying to be another notch in his headboard either. He's barking up the wrong tree if that's what he wants."

"Do you think he's going through all this trouble just to fuck and dump you?"

"Makes sense, it's not like he knows me."

"You're an idiot sometimes, open your eyes Adleigh! He's trying but you won't let him in!"

"Shut up Dr. Phil. I do not need relationship advice right now! I am exhausted, my ankle hurts, and I am not in the mood for having to work the God damned Sunday night football game."

"Wahh, Ads you have the coolest job ever you work for America's sweethearts for crying out loud! Besides you can take a nap after we get back from Church princess." Ahh, a nap, I still have 12 hours until then but it already sounds wonderful!

"I love it when you call me princess," I joke parking the car as Hannah laughs unclicking her seatbelt and hopping down from the lifted seat, "It's better than the alternative, I mean calling your best friend a bitch isn't all that endearing even if it is true."

"I'll take what I can get. Night, Han I'll see you in the morning." I blow the blonde a kiss and retreat down the hallway to my room peeling the layers of black and green off my body before collapsing into my fluffy white bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
tall, dark, and creepy? Nah, he's just really into her ;)