Status: C O M P L E T E D | 9-28-16

Give Into Me.

3 weeks.

In through your nose, out through your mouth.

In through your nose, out through your mouth.

The mantra for a girl about to tackle her first night in the WAGs box.

After a thousand texts from Abby Sharp and Jessica, Jordie's girlfriend I finally decided to give the box a whirl. Tyler was excited but I felt more like I was going to puke more than anything, which was not an option in the white jacket I had on. As I took my first ride upstairs with Stan my breathing started to get out of whack and I knew the only way to gain control was go in through my nose and out through my mouth. With a sharp ding the elevator landed upstairs where suites wrapped around the top of the American Airlines Center, I gave Stan one last half-assed smile and stepped out. I made it a whole four steps before I heard my name being called from behind, turning I saw Abby and exhaled a sigh of relief.

"Hey girl, you made it!" The blonde grinned at me holding Sadie in her arms with Madeline making her way over at her own pace.

"I did, it's a lot different up here."

"The view sucks that's for sure, but if you've seen one game you've seen them all." She's got a point on that one! And I'm sure she's seen her fair share of hockey games considering Patrick's veteran status.

"Hi, Adi" Maddie says waving up at me so I squat down to the little girls level.

"Hey, Maddie! Are you going downstairs to see your dad?" She nods quickly almost dropping her Victor E. Green doll in excitement.

"Uh huh! Are you going to go see Seggy?!" Seggy, those hockey nicknames will never get old.

Letting out an airy laugh at the toddler I tap my chin, "I don't know, should I go see him?"

Madeline nods, "Well duh, he's your boyfriend!"

The little girl gets a laugh out of her mother and I as I look up at Abby, "Well it looks like I'm heading back downstairs with ya'll."

One more elevator ride and carrying Maddie through the bustling concourse later Abby and I file down to the glass as the Stars and visiting Winnipeg Jets take the ice. The music is loud and the chill is comforting something that I won't be feeling all the way upstairs. As Maddie stands on the ledge of the glass half leaning on my shoulder for support I survey the area for number 91, I find him in the opposite corner goofing off with Jamie.

As usual.

Patrick makes his way over tapping the glass to interact with his girls as Sadie claps and Maddie talks through the Plexiglas to her dad. Number ten gives me a head nod and winks at his wife before heading back out to the ice, I watch as he skates around the Stars side of the ice he settles in with the rest of the "GQ line". With a move of his head I can tell he's told Tyler I'm at the glass something he probably wasn't expecting out of me. Tyler takes a few shots at the net before making his way over to the 4 of us, "Adi look there's Tyler!" Maddie taps her little fist on the glass and I break into an even bigger smile.

Tyler waves at Sadie and makes a silly face at Madeline who bursts into a fit of giggles, what can I say he's got a way with the ladies of all ages. Grinning at Tyler while half holding the toddler up I watch as he slams his hand into the glass, which I take as a hint to press my hand against in similar fashion. "Good luck, babe."

I'm not sure if he can even hear me over the loud music and voices but he nods and winks at me before skating off, after he's gone the 4 of us turn to head back upstairs. With Maddie's tiny legs wrapped around my waist I concentrate on following Abby up the stairs and in the direction of the elevator. Once we're back upstairs I drop Maddie to walk on her own settling into a stride with Mrs. Sharp. "So, are you ready for this?"

"As ready as I'll ever be I guess."

Walking through the door I exhale one long, heavy stream of air and take in the surroundings getting a lay of the land. There are women everywhere, two TV's mounted on the wall showing the television broadcast of the game, and bottles of wine and star shaped cookies line the counter. It looks almost the same as the boxes at AT&T Stadium just a bit smaller and a lot more, green? The longer I look around the better I feel, I realize I'm staring when I hear my name being called from in front of the box. Looking up I find Chrissy Fiddler waving me over, one foot in front of the other until I stand before her. "Look what the cat dragged in," She coos throwing a long arm around my shoulders bringing me in for one awkward hug.

"Better late than never, right?"

"Of course, sweetie. We're so glad you're here! Have you met everyone? I don't think you met Amanda Goligoski or Julie Hemsky." Following her finger over two women turn to me waving their fingers with sweet smiles on their faces.

"No, I haven't met them."

"Well, what are you waiting on? Settle in girl you're not going anywhere anytime soon."

So I did just that. Instead of watching yet another hockey game I mingled and I got to know the girls I hadn't met, I played with the cutest kids and I laughed my ass off! These girls had jokes and stories and they made me feel completely at ease, the only time I remembered I was in the AAC was when the goal horn would ring signaling us to look over and see who's boyfriend or husband had scored. By the time the game was over I had lunch plans for the next week and had promised to try out a new Barre class with Jessica during the guys' next road trip, as I made my way downstairs after the game I decided that my first take at the box had gone well.

I sat in one of the large, black leather chairs in the friends and family lounge post-game waiting on Tyler as I waited I scrolled through Instagram and thought about posting a picture from the night. A group selfie of my newfound friends? Or just a snapshot of the ice from a birds eye view?

I settled on the first one, " new view, new friends. #LetsGoStars" As soon as it was out there I knew people could piece things together, Tyler and I are dating now; have at it people. Watching the likes on the photo skyrocket and the comments roll in I felt arms leaning down around me, my nostrils flooded with a warm, deep scent.

"Hey, babe." I spoke running my hands up the arms of Tyler's suit jacket.

"Hello, how was your night?"

"Much better than expected, are you ready to go?" He nodded and I rose from the soft chair grabbing my purse from the ground and waving my way out of the room, as we hit the hallway Tyler laced his fingers with mine.

"So you had a good night I take it?"

"I did, I made friends. I think? It seemed like I made friends, they're all very nice."

"Good, now that we're all official I can have a date to all the team's functions." Eww, functions. That just sounds awful and I've been to my fair share between my mom's firm, the Cowboy's and being a sorority girl.

"Only if you'll be mine?" I slid into the passenger's seat of Tyler's Jeep as he tossed his bag into the backseat.

He jumped up into the driver's seat and started the engine before responding, "You have functions?"

"Probably not as many as you, but a few none the less. One in a few months actually, the Thousand Stars Gala."

Tyler scoffed as he fought a laugh, "That sounds cheesy as hell."

"Oh it is, don't worry. It's like a bad prom theme, but it's open bar and pretty dresses, a cliché red carpet, 3 maybe 4 hours tops."

"Sounds great, maybe I'll have a road trip that day."

"Nice try, you don’t." I mused squeezing his hand on the center console, if I had to go this thing he was going with me, I was done suffering alone.

"Anything for you, dear." I could hear the sarcasm dripping off of that comment.

"Speaking of that you did remember tomorrow is dinner with my parents right?" The sound of Tyler's "Uhhh" filled the car and I glared over at him, how could he forget? "Tyler Paul, I swear to God."

"Chill, Ads I'm joking. I remembered, dinner at your parent's house at 6 you're supposed to bring wine." Now I'm dating a jokester! How lovely.

Tyler threw the SUV into park inside his garage as I unbuckled my seatbelt, "You stress me out, Seguin."

"Good." He leaned over and planted a kiss smack dab on my lips before hopping out of the vehicle.

Just like our system had been going for the last week or two I would sleep over at Tyler's only to be dropped off on his way to practice, shower, change and head into the office. When my work was done sometimes early, sometimes late I would head home and either change into game day clothes to head to the AAC or settle in to take in the game on my couch. But today was different, after work I stopped by a wine cellar for a bottle of my mom's favorite before heading home to refresh my hair and makeup dubbing my outfit suitable for dinner considering my only blue piece today was a belt.

As I climbed back into my Jeep I used the intercom within the vehicle to call Tyler, it rang and rang before he finally answered with an out of breath, "Hello?"

"Hi, I'm on my way to get you. Please tell me you're ready."

I heard muffling and a little static before he answered, "Yeah, getting dressed now I slept through my alarm."

Dating a hockey player is like dating a pre-schooler, they nap a lot, eat a lot, and are rather messy; "Okay, well I'll see you in like 15."

Parking my Jeep in Tyler's driveway I looked at the clock on the dashboard, checked my surroundings then wailed on the horn pushing my body weight into my steering wheel. I giggled to myself as the sound pierced the air, after a minute or two of the annoying honks the front door of the house flung open. Out stepped a tense faced Tyler arms in the air, I watched as his jaw cocked over when he realized I was the culprit of the disturbance. He shook his head and I could see his facial expression change from pissed to that signature smile as he locked the door and made his way down the driveway.

"Impatient much?" He questioned climbing into the passenger's seat buckling his seatbelt as I wasted no time backing out of the driveway.

"I'm not but my mother is, we're late enough as it is."

"We're not even late?"

"It's 5:45, we can't show up at 6 on the dot. Shayla doesn’t roll like that, why are you wearing a tie?" I pointed over at his outfit the khaki's were fine and the grey button up, but the black tie was too much.

"I wasn't sure how serious this was. You're making it sound like an interrogation, although I'm pretty sure we've met before."

"Oh just you wait, now take the tie off and roll up your sleeves."

Just a few miles away from Tyler's we landed at Casa de Reichman, the large brick house was lit up and the garage door was closed signaling that we were to enter via the front door. Tyler hopped down from the SUV tucking the bottle of wine under his arm as I straightened the black and white maxi skirt that had twisted around my waist. Making my way around the vehicle I slid my arm around Tyler's waist, "You ready?"

"Nope, I suddenly feel like going in there is like going into game 4 down 3-0.."

"I'm going to assume that's bad, babe.. I'm still not up to par on your hockey jargon." That got a chuckle out of him, pecking my forehead before lacing our fingers together.

"Come on let's face the music."

We took the 15 steps toward the red front door fingers intertwined, Tyler's grip tighter than usual, palm sweaty pressed against mine. I gave him one last look before pushing the doorbell, the loud "ding-dong" rang out followed by the howls of Moe and Jude, "Breathe Seguin, you're fine."

With a squeak of the hinge the door popped open revealing my mother standing before us, her typical office outfit shielded by a burnt orange Longhorns apron, "There they are, your father and I thought you were standing us up."

"Sorry mama, got caught up at the office." She pulled us into the house wrapping her arm around my shoulder her lips falling at my ear.

"Always arrive early to dinners, Adleigh Ruth." I rolled my eyes as I pulled away from her.

"I know, I'm sorry we're doing a lot of stuff for the combine right now." That was part of a lie but I needed something to cover my ass. Shayla only nodded her chin at me and looked over at Tyler like he hung the moon in the sky, "How're you Tyler? It feels like we haven't seen you in weeks."

Tyler grinned at her and returned her hug while still gripping the bottle of red wine, "I'm wonderful, Shayla. It has been a while, eh? We've been on the road a bit."

"You poor guys, I know Asher gets so worn out traveling and you do it even more." She spoke softly to him a tone that wasn’t often exuded by Shayla Reichman, attorney at law.

"Who's hungry? I know I am." I spoke trying to break up the love fest between my mother and my boyfriend.

"You're father is finishing up in the kitchen, Adleigh. Did you remember the wine dear?"

"I've got it." Tyler spoke holding up the bottle, my mother reached out for it surveying the label.

Her green eyes identical to mine and my brother's looked up with a smile on her lips, "My favorite, I assume you had help Tyler?"

"Or he didn’t buy it at all?" I interjected and Tyler let out an airy laugh.

"She's right, Adleigh got the wine I was just the pack mule."

"Thank you sweetheart, if I taught you one thing it's how to choose a good wine." She finished with a wink before walking away from the two of us towards the kitchen. Leaving my purse on the entryway table I led Tyler through the house, slowly knowing this was only his second time really seeing the house. As we rounded the corner into the kitchen the smell of barbeque and smoke hit me in the face, "I guess my dad is cooking."

"Smells good." Tyler commented as my dad appeared through the sliding glass door that leads to the barbeque pit in the backyard.

"Ahh, there's my girl." He yelled through the kitchen his back towards us, the tall grey headed man also wearing an orange apron one I knew had the words "keep calm the aggies still suck" embroidered on the front.

"Hey daddy, nice apron." I sassed the man his head turning back to be quickly.

"Watch it, girl. Y'know as well as I do them Aggies are the worst." I rolled my eyes, the Southern in that man crawled out as soon as anyone starting talking about Texas college rivalries.

"Damn straight." I agreed with him and Tyler just shook his head as we leaned against the bar looking into the kitchen.

"Speaking of the boys in orange, we've gotta get Tyler out to a game this year. Show him how to hook 'em." I looked over at Tyler a smirk drawn on my lips and waggled my eyebrows.

"Oh yeah, I think he'll look pretty good in orange."

Tyler's arm slid around my waist pulling me closer into him, "I'd like to get out to a game or two, Asher's team looked good during the winter games."

That comment drew me in, was he in contact with my brother? Or had he taken up Longhorn sports without me knowing? "Since when do you watch UT baseball?"

"Since I met Asher, we had to talk about something on Thanksgiving." He never ceased to amaze me, the clank of glasses on the dining room table caught my attention drawing me away from staring at Tyler in awe.

"Dinner's ready ya'll." My mom called from the adjoining dining room, Tyler's grip loosed on my waist as I led us toward the room where a big barn wood table sat loaded with food and enough seats for 8 people. I sat in my favorite seat on the left side and Tyler followed sitting beside me as my father sat at the head of the table and my mom across from us on the right hand side.

We were surrounded and if dinner turned into the interrogation I suspected there was no escaping their glares. Before diving into the feast prepared by my parents reached their hands out to thank the Lord for the food we were about to eat, the day we had gotten to live and for the people we are blessed to be with. Tyler's fingers squeezed mine at the end of the prayer as my eyes fluttered open, I was immediately thankful for my amazing parents, the life I lived, and the handsome boy sitting next to me.

The small talk flowed as we ate dinner, Ben asked about hockey and if I had any inside on what the Cowboys were looking for in the draft while Shayla dug deeper wanting to know how our trip to Nashville went. As our eating dwindled and my wine glass emptied I stared across the table at my mother as she eyed Tyler, I also felt the gaze of my father intensifying.

I looked at Tyler who seemed oblivious one hand wrapped around a glass of water the other on my knee, "Alright somebody just get this started already, your stares are freaking me out."

I heard Tyler choke on his water as my looked at each other, my mother began to speak, "Well, we don't have much to say, at least not after watching you two."

"So you wanted to see us in action as a couple? We act no different now mom, there's just a label involved."

"I needed to see for myself that he's good enough for my baby girl. Tyler, Adleigh Ruth is my world son, and if you're going to be another man in her life I need to know you're going to take care of her." And there it was, Ben had flipped the switch and all that was missing from this scene was a shotgun in his lap to complete the stereotypical father-boyfriend talk.

Tyler squeezed my kneecap and looked over at me lightly nodding his head, "I can tell you right now, sir she's a lot bigger part of my world than I ever thought she'd be, given that she wouldn’t give me the time of day in the beginning. But, I promise I'll take care of her, I worked too hard to get her to ever hurt her."

"That's exactly what I needed to hear, Tyler. We trust you, we may have trusted you before Adleigh did even." My mother commented a smile pulled across her lips.

"Thanks, mom. I trust him now, that's all that matters. Dinner was great dad, thank you."

"You're welcome, how about you help your mama clean up and I'll give Tyler a tour of the place?"

Before I could even answer Tyler chimed in agreeing to the offer, "Sounds great Ben."

As the four of us broke away from the table I watched Tyler fall into step beside my dad their voices low enough for just one another as my mom gathered plates from the table. As the pair of men headed for the stairs I heard laughing and I knew they had poked their heads into my childhood bedroom; the walls painted baby blue with a stripe of glitter running through the middle, bows hung like crazy around the room and a Texas Longhorns pennant hung above the bed. It was a cheerleader's paradise and my sanctuary away from my annoying little brother, I spent a lot of time after school and practices holed up in my room lounging on the window seat. The longer I stared at them the less embarrassing it seemed, we all had an goofy childhood bedroom somewhere and I'm sure Tyler's was worse than mine.

"Dishes, Adi they're not going to do themselves." 23 years old and doing the dishes was still my chore.

"Yes, ma'am." I gathered the wine glasses from the table and trotted into the kitchen doing as I was told loading the dishwasher as I awaited Tyler to return from his "tour".

"Adleigh, dear I know you feel like we bombarded you but I think this went well. Your father and I really like Tyler, he's good for you."

Closing the door I waited until I heard water running to lean against it facing my mom, "Well you didn’t tear him apart like I anticipated so thank you, I guess?"

Shayla only nodded as we heard the stairs to the basement squeak followed by the whine of one of the dogs, "Looks like they're headed to the Man Cave, shall we join?"

"Why not, there aren't as many embarrassing pictures down there."

I followed my mom down the stairs to the finished basement where Ben spent his time when he was "in the dog house" with my mom, the beige walls were adorned with large Cowboy's stars and Longhorns symbols. The leather sectional in the middle of the room was where we found the two men, my dad leaned back on the couch feet kicked up on the coffee table that resembled the football field at UT while Tyler leaned forward his forearms resting on his knees. As we entered the room their gazes shifted from the TV on the wall playing a UT basketball game to my mother and I, "I knew you'd find a way to sneak the game in, Benjamin."

My dad cracked a smile at his wife as she scolded him, "Guilty, y'know the boys are about to go dancin' I can't stop watching now."

Turning my head I looked at the TV my gaze gravitating towards the cheerleaders instead of the tall boys running up and down the court, "I remember making that cheer."

"Well let's hear it?"

"No, thanks can't kick in this skirt anyway. Hook 'em horns," making the UT symbol with my fingers I winked at Tyler, "Hey, Ty are you ready? You still have to pack."

"Yeah, I forgot about that." Tyler stood and my father followed I watched as they awkwardly shook hands, my dad wished Tyler luck on his road trip and mumbled something about golfing when the weather turned up. There was one last back slap and a chuckle before my mom took ahold of Tyler hugging him and wishing him luck as well before she wrapped her long arms around me and pecked my cheek, "Goodnight sweetie, love you."

"Love you too, mama."

Walking out the front door I inhaled as if I hadn't had fresh air all night digging into my purse for my car keys, "Think fast, Seguin."

Tyler's hand popped up and snatched the keys out of the night air, "You're letting me drive your baby? Wow, I feel honored."

"It's the least I can do after taking you into a warzone, but don’t get used to it." The lights on the white Jeep flashed as Tyler reached out to open the passenger's side door for me, "Thank you babe, for everything you did great in there."

His hand reached out moving the hair from the side of my neck before cupping it, "I just spoke the truth, you do mean the world to me Ads. And you're dad's right, you deserve to be treated just like the princess that you are."

"My dad called me a princess? Glad he's finally come around to the idea."

"Alright Cinderella get in your carriage is leaving." Tyler sassed pointing to the open door.

"I prefer Ariel, it seems a little more accurate considering the hair."

"Get in the car."

"Not until you kiss me."

Tyler smirked down at me, running a hand over his beard, "If I kiss you are you going to wake up from a coma or grow legs or something?"

"Shut up and kiss me, Tyler." He didn’t object this time only leaned down and connected our lips holding my face steady in his hands.

"Can you get in the car now?" He asked his forehead resting on mine.

"Yes, let's go pack your stuff so I can send you off to the East Coast." I climbed up into the seat of the Jeep as Tyler started the engine backing down the driveway into the subdivision's empty streets. Back at Tyler's I changed out of my skirt and into one of Tyler's t-shirts as we ravaged his closet for suits and Stars apparel for his week long road trip, as he tossed things out of the walk in I folded and stuffed it into his suitcase and duffel bag. With the last pair of shoes stuffed in I zipped it up and pushed with all my force to get it off the bed and onto the floor.

"You're all set hot-shot." I tapped the black suitcase as Tyler leaned against the doorframe of his closet.

"Thanks babe, let's go to bed." With the mention of bed a yawn made its way out of my mouth, defeated by my own body I pulled the comforter back and crawled into the large bed as the overhead lights flipped off. I heard the beep of Tyler's phone meeting the charger before his side of the mattress dipped and arms wrapped around my middle pulling my body backwards into his.

Tyler's chin rested into the crook of my neck, his beard tickling the skin where his t-shirt had slid away, "I'm going to miss you, y'know."

"I'll miss you too, or maybe just this bed."

"Ouch, I knew you only liked me for my bed."

"Dogs too remember," I rolled in his arms to face him tying my arms around his neck, "I'm just kidding Ty, I'll miss you the most, and these." Pulling his face up to mine I kissed him, his lips, his cheeks, and his neck.

"Yeah, I think I'll miss those too. How about some more?" Giggling as his lips made their way down my neck I knew we weren't going to be anytime soon, but if this was our last night together for a week it was fine by me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Adl had a big week, huh? She conquered the WAGs box and Tyler took on meeting her parents, both of which went really well! :) Happy Easter everyone, A.