Status: C O M P L E T E D | 9-28-16

Give Into Me.

February 2016.

The eternal buzz of my cell phone underneath my pillow slowly drew me out of my slumber, I had tried to ignore it but the caller was relentless. Didn't they know Sunday between the hours of noon and two were prime for post-church napping?

Obviously not.

I sat up using my forearm to wipe the drool from my mouth as I dug under the stack of pillows for the sound producing culprit, swiping the bar across the brightly lit up screen I pressed the iPhone to my ear, "Hello?"

"Good afternoon sleepyhead."

"Do you know what time it is, Tyler?" I groaned flopping back down on my pillows, boy did he love messing with my sleep patterns lately.

"Yeah, it's 1:19 and you've been asleep for a good hour."

"And I could have gone for another one, what do you want?"

I could tell from the way his voice was booming in my ear Tyler was driving even his little chuckles sounded like he was screaming in my ear, "I want you to get up, put on something comfy and be ready in like 10 minutes."

"Excuse me?" I sat back up again running my free hand through the ends of my knotted slightly straight hair.

"Just do it, grab a jacket too and wear socks."

"Where are we going? It's not even that cold outside? Tyler what the hell?" I spun and put my feet on the ground all sorts of confused as I pulled at the pair of black leggings I already had on.

"No more questions, Reichman. See you in a few." The phone call ended before I could object and my mind was racing, where on Earth were we going? It's Sunday, Sunday's are for rest and it's not every week Tyler has the day off what did he have up his sleeve? It took a few minutes but I stopped dwelling on the questions and got dressed instead, I threw on a tank top, tied a flannel around my waist, laced up my high-top Converse and per Tyler's request grabbed my go-to leather jacket with grey sweatshirt material arms.

Making my way out of my room I saw Hannah and Luke lounging on the couch bowls of Chinese food in their laps, "It's alive!" Hannah mocked pointing at me with her chopsticks.

"There's extra food on the counter." Luke added as I plopped into the open chair.

"Thanks but I'm headed out, to God knows where, but out none the less."

"Should I be alert to call the cops at a moments notice?" Hannah questioned her eyebrow cocked in concern.

"Possibly, I have no clue where we're going Tyler wouldn’t let me ask any questions."

Luke leaned forward and placed his white box on the coffee table, "I take it the boyfriend thing is going well?"

"Yeah, it is. Speak of the devil, he's here. If I'm not back or in contact in a couple hours call the cops." The couple on the couch laughed and waved me out the door, out front of the apartment complex sat Tyler's jeep. As I pulled open the door I assessed Tyler's outfit for a hint at where we were headed, Jeans an Under Armor sweatshirt and all black Converse.

Casual, that gave me nothing.

"Where ar-" I didn’t even get to finish my question as he reached for the volume dial.

"Go with the flow, Ads we'll be there soon." Like a defeated toddler I crossed my arms and leaned further into the seat watching as the road ticked by, we made it out of Dallas before I realized where we were going and what we were doing.

"Ah ha! Skating, we're going ice skating!!" I cheered pointing over at Tyler like I had solved he worlds greatest mystery.

"Way to go Sherlock, you figured it out." Tyler laughed as we drove into Frisco towards the Stars' practice facility.

Ice skating is not exactly a popular hobby for Texans, or at least not in my family we were more of a toss the ball around, go to a game kind of family. Sure, I had done it a few times in high school, once in college with my big for some sorority function but it always made me nervous. My ankle was weak anyway and if I hurt it on the ice instead of on the mat I would have felt like an idiot, so lets just say it's not my idea of fun.

Not to mention the whole knife shoes concept scared me shitless! To top it off I had to go and meet a boy who wore them everyday and sped down the ice at obscene speeds in them, by falling in love with Tyler I became even more worried. I hated to admit it but I was genuinely nervous every time I watched Tyler play and that was usually 2 times a week if not more. Probably not good for my nervous system, right?

But here we are, walking into the Dr. Pepper center Tyler has a large black Under Armor bag slung over his shoulder and my eyes are wide taking in the sight of the building, I hadn't yet made it out to watch one of the Stars' practices. The cool air of the building hit me as soon as we entered causing me to pull on my jacket sooner than anticipated, I followed Tyler's lead through the building until we stumbled upon the rink. Looking around I noticed it was empty even though there were cars in the parking lot, "Where is everyone?" I asked continuing to look around.

"The other rink is still open, but this one is all ours." Tyler nodded his head towards the shining white sheet of ice.

"Great." I croaked out, I tried to sound excited but inside I was nervous as hell and it was starting to break through to the exterior.

"What's wrong?" Tyler asked grabbing my hand as we headed towards the bench to lace up our skates.

"Are you sure this a good idea? I'm not thinking my ankle is going to like this very much." I quietly admitted not wanting to ruin the surprise date he had planned.

Plopping down on the wooden bench Tyler smiled at me and patted the spot next to him, following along I sat down and watched intensely as he unzipped the black bag. Dipping his hand inside he retrieved a large pair of skates, his of course and laid them on floor before going back in. On his second retrieval Tyler produced a much smaller pair of skates that mirrored his; black and grey Bauer skates with red accents. They looked intimidating and as he removed the guards from the blades they looked VERY sharp, just as I had imagined. The longer I stared at the shining silver blade the more terrified I got, I was snapped out of my daze as an item was laid in my lap. Looking down I saw the all too familiar shape of an ankle brace laying in my lap, the good and tight kind that have to be laced and allow for very little movement of said ankle, trust me I know my ankle braces.

"I asked the trainer if he thought it would be okay, considering how far post-op you are. He said if you wore a brace and felt comfortable enough he saw no problem with at least trying." Tyler reached out and picked up the brace turning it over in his hands, "You've got the brace, but if you don't feel comfortable babe we can leave.. I guess I shouldn’t have surprised you with this."

I shook my head in disbelief, he had thought this all out so much so that he had consulted the trainer for my safety! How could I ruin this date? With a small smile on my face I pushed the hair out of my face, "Let's try it, if it hurts I'll let you know. Okay?"

"Okay, give me your foot." Tyler said nodding his head towards my legs.

Quickly I unlaced the high-tops on my feet and swiveled my body on the bench to put my feet into Tyler's lap. I watched his fingers move up and down the laces on the brace pulling and tugging until it was tight, securing my bionic ankle when that was done he tucked both of my feet into the brand new skates. Tyler laced them left to right and pulled them tight until I could barely feel my toes, which apparently was the way they were supposed to feel.

When he was done taking care of me he started on himself and I continued to watch as he did the same thing to himself, something he had been doing once if not twice almost every day for most of his life. I had seen him do this task before when the cameras went inside the locker room, he was usually shirtless which definitely drew me in but seeing it in person was different, when Tyler put his skates on it was like a soldier preparing for battle. This was his job and he wanted to share it with me, how did I get so lucky?

Tyler stood with ease after he was finished and moved in front of me extending his hands to pull me up, before placing my hands in his I pointed my finger at him, "No laughin' at me Seguin, I mean it."

"No promises babe."

Crossing my arms over my chest I shot him a look, "You wanna try that again?"

"Okay, I'm sorry. I promise I won't laugh at you or let you fall. Better?"

"Much," I nodded and placed my hands in his allowing him to pull me up and hold me up as I wobbled in the knife shoes, a much harder task than I remembered. A few steps later we were inching our way onto the ice, Tyler skated backwards like the pro that he is his hands holding onto my hips my hands on his forearms trying to stay upright. Five minutes or so of skating like a small child later I gained my balance and moved to Tyler's side only holding his hand for support. The longer we glided along the more comfortable I felt, it was sort of fun I had to admit but I was still afraid of the whole concept.

However, I trusted Tyler so I went along with it he wouldn’t let anything happen to me.

"So, how do you feel about skating now?" Tyler asked looking over at me as we made yet another lap around the rink.

"Still not really a fan, but I think I've got the hang of it."

"You're doing great, Ads, thank you for trying." Using his arms he pulled me into him and stopped the both of us settling us in the center of the ice.

"Anything for you babe," In skates our height difference was no issue they were just like high heels, tilting my head the slightest bit I pecked Tyler's lips, "I trust you, y'know that right?"

Tyler's arms encircled my waist bringing us toe to toe, "I do know that, thank you for trusting me. Thank you for letting me put you in "knife shoes" and fill up your free time with even more hockey, by the way.. Happy anniversary."

"Happy what?"

"It's February 23rd, we've officially been dating for a month, thus the happy anniversary and this," As if I already wasn’t feeling awful for not realizing it was our "anniversary" I watched dazed as Tyler tucked his hand into the pocket of his sweatshirt and retrieved a little box. In the middle of the ice rink of the Dr. Pepper Center I watched Tyler pop the lid of a small box, my heart thundered in my chest and I had to fight like hell not to laugh at how cliché this whole thing was. There was no way that there was a ring inside that box but how perfect would that have been? Tyler grinned at me as I stared deeply at the tiny box my eyes focusing in on the sparkling star shaped pendant necklace, "Do you like it?"

I nodded giddily trying to force words out but there were none, just a few tears before throwing myself into Tyler's arms pushing him back on his skates, "I'll take that as a yes?" He giggled as I placed a kiss on his neck.

"Yes, I love it! It's beautiful, oh my God but you totally didn’t have to get me anything Tyler. I mean I didn’t even remember it was our anniversary! God, I feel horrible." I was rambling with nerves but I had so much to say all of a sudden.

I tried to push my face further into his chest hiding from my embarrassment, "Hey, look at me," Tyler pulled my face out of the crook of his neck until our eyes were locked together. "I don’t want anything, except you and I've got that now. Besides, consider this part of your Valentine's Day present too, since I kinda messed that one up."

Way to ruin a sweet moment by reminding me of that fiasco, Tyler. Our first Valentine's Day didn’t go well to say the least. First my flowers got switched with someone else's resulting in carnations that I'm allergic to showing up at my office instead of roses, thank God for my Epi pen or we would have spent another night in the hospital. Next, after the hives surpassed the team's flight was delayed due to rain, they were so late getting into Dallas that we ended up missing our reservation. After that we tried to find another place to eat but even with Tyler's last name we were out of luck on "The most romantic day of the year", so we wound up eating a heart shaped pizza on Tyler's couch.

It was a shit show from start to finish.

"Yeah, let's not talk about that." I mumbled pressing my lips to his, "But, I love it and I uhh, umm thank you. Happy Anniversary!" Staring into his beautiful brown eyes I almost told him I loved him but I couldn’t get it out, was it still too soon?

Tyler stared down at me closing the box tucking the box back into his pocket gripping my face with his ice cold hands, "Adleigh, I love you and I know you know that, but I think it's time I say it so there it is. I really love you."

I guess not.

"Good thing, because I really love you too." I grinned at him as he pulled my face to his smashing my cold lips to his, I wrapped my arms tighter around his waist for support and let myself mold into him.

"So, you've got the skating thing down how about we shoot some pucks?" Tyler suggested wrapping his arm around my shoulder as we began to glide again my head leaning against his chest, arm encircling his waist still.

"That may be the worst idea you've ever had."

"First time someone's ever said that and it not be about something I did in Boston, have I told you you're my favorite person ever?" Tyler asked laughing.

"I'll take that compliment, but seriously I don't think I'm cut out for the hockey life babe."

I leaned against the boards as Tyler reached over, grabbed a handful of pucks dropping them on the ice, "If you can be a gravity defying cheerleader you can shoot some rubber."

"If I have to do this you're going to the gym with me, see what you can do on the mat."

With two sticks in his hands Tyler turned to me looking like a deer in the headlights, "Now that's a really bad idea, and probably a liability on my contract."

"Fine, you can go on the trampoline and do somersaults with the toddlers." I reached out and grabbed a stick from him trying to figure out how to even hold the thing.

"Like this," He leaned his stick against the boards and stood behind me placing my hands in the right spots and showing me a good shooting technique. It felt weird and wrong to me but Tyler said it looked good so I kept shooting at the air, invisible pucks were much easier than real ones. As I played ghost hockey Tyler started showing off, stick handling with the pucks he had dropped onto the ice, "Come on, pass with me."

"Okay, but keep the puck on the ice I like my teeth where they are."

"Yeah, me too." He grinned lightly tapping the black hunk of rubber towards me, with beginners luck I stopped it and sent it back. We went like that for a few minutes until I was decent with passing and quite frankly getting bored. "You can pass, and skate so lets put it together, see if you can score on me."

"Oh baby, I already know I can score on you." I winked and Tyler rolled his eyes standing in front of the goal.

"You may be able to get me off the ice Ads, but I've got even better game on the ice."

"We'll see 91, you ready?" I knocked the puck against my skate with the tip of the stick as Tyler nodded staring me down from a few feet away. Slowly kicking off I dribbled the puck trying to channel what I had seen Tyler do on the ice, his shootout moves were impressive while mine were just "lets see if I can even get this thing off the stick and somewhat towards the net" mediocre. Like I had seen him or one of the other guys do I faked left and stayed right sending the puck off my stick with as much power as I could muster in my semi-frozen state. Off it went knocking off of Tyler's skate, dinging off of the goal post and landing outside the goal. I stared at the black circle as it settled on the ice before looking over at Tyler who was smirking at me leaning on his stick.

"Go on, say it." I pointed at him with my stick waiting to hear his "I told you so".

"Nice shot babe, maybe go a little higher next time."

Tucking my stick under my arm I ran a hand through my hair, "Yeah, yeah whatever. Ty, as fun as this is I'm freezing."

He looked down at his watch, "Okay, yeah we've gotta get out of here anyway it's almost time for the beer league."

After we collected the pucks and sat them back on the bench Tyler took off my skates for me and covered the blades before tossing them in his bag, as he untied his own skates I loosened my ankle from the confines of the brace. As soon as it was off I felt the tingle of blood rushing to it and the familiar ache of the screws inside, when metal gets cold it hurts more than usual, something that doesn’t happen often down here in Texas. Wiggling my toes caught Tyler's attention, his hand covered mine giving it a squeeze, "Does it hurt?"

"A little, nothing an ice pack and Tylenol can't fix."

"You should have told me, we could have stopped."

I squeezed his hand back, "It didn’t hurt until I took off the brace, I'm fine Ty really. This was fun, I had fun breaking out of my comfort zone."

"I'm glad, thanks for trying babe. Have I mentioned that I love you?"

I gave him a big, cheesy smile and leaned over pecking his lips, "You might have, but I'd like to hear it again."

Standing up Tyler tossed the hockey bag on one shoulder throwing his free arm around me, "I love you, Ads, my little Gretzky."

I shook my head laughing, rubbing my hand over his stomach as we walked towards the parking lot. I was nowhere near "The Great One" status and we both knew it, "I love you too, Ty. Now about our next date, to the cheer gym.. How do you feel about wearing a bow?"

"Nope, no way that's NOT happening." Tyler groaned tossing the bag into the backseat as I chuckled to myself, I was only joking but I wanted to see his reaction.

"Alright fine, just spandex it is." I said quietly buckling myself into the passenger's seat.

"I heard that, and that's not happening either."

"You're no fun, Seguin."

"I love you, and I love that you love cheering and I think it's badass and all flying through the air but wearing spandex and bows is where I draw the line, Ads."

I cracked up at that, how serious he got like he was defending his honor, "Ty, chill I was joking. The guys wear ball shorts and sweatpants for comps, and no bows."

"You love messing with me, huh?"

"Oh yeah, you've survived one month are you ready to jump ship yet?" I asked intertwining our fingers as Tyler drove back towards Dallas.

"Nah, I'm good. You?"

I tapped my chin like I had to ponder on it for a second, "Nah, I haven't gotten any better offers lately."

Watching as Tyler rolled his eyes at me I fell a little bit further, he was a dork but he was my dork. He was a cocky athlete but he was my "ego-fueled" hockey player, Tyler has many sides but they're all mine and I loved each and everyone of them. Reaching for the little black box in the cup holder I popped it open sliding the charm between my fingers, as it moved the star out of the way a small circle became visible behind it a tiny (91) engraved on the piece of metal. Of course he was still trying to sneak his number in on me, but these days I was totally digging the #91 life.

Moving my hair out of the way I clipped the chain behind my neck letting the Star rest on my chest, keeping my Cowboys, Dallas Stars, and number 91 close to my heart at all times.
♠ ♠ ♠
enjoy all the feels, ya'll. I can't believe how many reads and subscribers this has! You guys are amazing, thank you for all the support! THEY SAID IT!? Anybody have any thoughts on it?! Also taking some suggestions if you have any ideas for the happy couple to tackle! :)

PS. COLLEGE IS HARD and I'm trying to find time to write but it's coming down to the end of the semester and I'm a wee bit swamped so bare with me! Also, I will be out of the country (USA) for most of May so if this isn't wrapped up by then now you know there will be no updates from May 13-27 as I will be touring Europe :)

Thank you all again, leave me some feedback pretty please! - Al