Status: C O M P L E T E D | 9-28-16

Give Into Me.

Early July 2016

"Hey mom, I uhh guess you're in a meeting or something? But I just landed, I'm in the massive line for border control, who knew Canada was so hard to get into on a Tuesday? Anyway, I'll talk to you later, bye." Even at 23, almost 24 in just a few days I still have to check in with my mom after every flight.

Tossing my phone back into the black abyss of my purse I pushed my carry-on bag forward a few inches ahead with my foot, it was far too bright and far too early for this considering how my weekend had gone back in Texas. But after nearly 3 weeks without seeing Tyler I was beginning to have boyfriend withdrawals, so it was time to head north.

Not to mention my birthday is in a few days and there was no way I was going to celebrate without him.

Once my passport was stamped and I got past the border police I was immediately on the hunt for the tall boy covered in tattoos, baggage claim in this airport was massive he could literally be anywhere. Like my head was on a swivel I looked around left to right moving through the crowds of people towards the carousel marked with my flight number, there were tons of men here but none of them were Tyler Seguin.

Instead of finding Tyler I found the rest of my luggage, a bright pink Dallas Cowboy's Cheerleader suitcase it was old but easy to spot on the luggage conveyer belt so I figured why not travel with it. I threw my carry-on bag on top of the suitcase and began pulling it behind me looking once again for #91, as I scanned the crowd my purse started vibrating, I stopped and dug inside the bag for the iPhone that had settled at the bottom.

Tyler's face lit up the screen a goofy grin from some party we had gone to, I accepted the call and before I could even say hello Tyler was talking, "I see you."

"Well that’s not creepy at all, how do you see me? I don't see you."

"Just stay right there, I'll come to you." Spinning in a circle I still didn't see Tyler but I did as he asked standing right in the middle of the bustling baggage claim. The longer I stood there the sillier I'm sure I looked but eventually I heard my name being called, it was faint at first but it got louder and soon enough Tyler was pushing his way through people to stand right in front of me.

Grinning like the Cheshire Cat my black shoulder bag dropped to the floor as I wrapped my arms around Tyler's neck hugging him as tightly as I possibly could, "I missed you."

"Oh baby, you have no idea." His arms snaked around my waist pulling me up off the ground my feet dangling above the white glossy tile.

I giggled at my newfound height bringing my fingers to Tyler's head I turned his that had been shielding his face backwards, "Kiss me you fool."

"Yes ma'am." That kiss felt like the first one, almost 7 months later I still had butterflies in my stomach when he kissed me like that, like he needed my lips on his to breathe. I loved that feeling, I liked knowing that he needed me just like I needed and wanted him.

With my Converse back on the ground I straightened my v-neck, tossed my purse back over my shoulder, and stole another good look at Tyler.

I had really, REALLY missed him.

"Ready whenever you are," I smiled up at Ty who nodded and fished the keys to the G-Wagon out of his pocket before gripping my suitcase. "Babe, I can get that. It's not really your color."

"Nope, I've got it." He winked and continued to pull the pink bag through the crowd, one hand on it the other wrapped up in mine. As we exited the vast airport the sunlight hit me and a nice breeze, a wonderful welcome to Canada from Mother Nature herself. "Welcome to the Six, Ads."

"Why thank you, I'm happy to be here." Sliding my Ray-Bans onto the bridge of my nose to shield my extra sensitive eyes from the blaring sun we approached the matte black vehicle that Tyler had drive up to Canada by himself a few weeks ago. With just he and the two dogs along for the ride I was a ball of nerves for the entire two days he was on the road, but I was well updated and thanks to Steve Jobs and the folks at Apple I could track him the whole way with the touch of a button.

Tyler threw my bags into the back of the SUV like they weighed nothing at all, which was false because I was totally pushing the TSA's 50lb rule, then climbed up front to join me in the air conditioned cab. "So, what's on the agenda for tonight?"

"Well, it's a Tuesday? So there isn't too much going on, no one's really recovering from the Fourth considering that's an American thing." He had a point there, most of the US was still in recovery mode from the weekend's Fourth of July activities and as much as I didn’t want to admit it, I was one of those people. When I had gotten up at 4 am to head to the airport my head was spinning, I was still feeling the effects of Hannah's watermelon keg and Luke's infamous "Lochness Monster" punch. We had maybe celebrated America's birthday and mine by going a little too hard at the lake for the last few days before I took off for the Great White North.

Oops.

"Okay, so I'm the only one hung over in Canada today? That's cool." We both laughed as Tyler laced our fingers together on the console maneuvering his way out of the parking garage like a pro.

"You're probably not the only one, but I think you get a free pass considering you were partying with Uncle Sam."

"Uncle Sam and I are almost birthday buddies, we always have a good time together."

"Oh I know you did, I got lots of Snapchats from Hannah and your brother, sorry I missed that epic karaoke party. What was that you were singing? Eminem or something?" How in the hell had he seen that? I barely even remembered that terrible, keg stand induced, Eight Mile themed, rap battle between my brother and I on Sunday night.

My cheeks grew hot as pulled at my bottom lip, "Well you see, I may have admitted that I was really good at keg stands in college to my brother and his baseball friends? So I had to prove it, which got me drunker than I would have liked.. And then that led to the Eight Mile rap battle between Ash and I. Turns out I'm the real Slim Shady."

"Man, I'm never leaving Texas again." Tyler chuckled to himself slightly shaking his head as he continued to drive, his free hand squeezing mine thumb tracing mindless patterns over my knuckle.

"I'd appreciate that, but your mother would be very upset if I held 'ya hostage."

"Speaking of mom, that's where we're headed. They're making us lunch, or brunch I guess? Anyway, are you cool with that?"

"I'm always down for food, and seeing the fam too I guess." I smiled as Tyler brought my hand up to his lips kissing the back of my hand a few times.

It took about half and hour before we got to Brampton in the suburbs of Toronto, the city where Tyler had grown up. We rolled the windows down and like a child I waved my hand in the breeze as Tyler drove through the neighborhood, it was a cute area the houses all different not too big unlike most of the subdivisions of Dallas. Before I knew it the car came to a halt, the unclicking of Tyler's seatbelt drew me out of my daydream, "We're here, Ads."

Following Tyler's lead I hopped out of the car, my back and knees cracking from lack of movement as I walked to meet him at the sidewalk. The house was large but taller than it was wide, beige with a blue door and stone accents, bright green grass and handprints in the concrete of the driveway. It was a family home and it made me happy that Tyler had grown up here. As I silently admired the house the front door flung open with two young girls flying out to greet me followed closely behind by their mother who wore a smile with her apron.

"ADI YOU'RE FINALLY HERE!!" Cassidy's voice was high and shrill as she ripped me away from Tyler's grasp squeezing the daylights out of me, just when I thought she was going to let me catch my breath I was transferred over to her older sister.

Candace, thankfully wasn't as violent with her welcome only hugging my shoulders, "Welcome to T-dot, Adi!"

"Thanks girls, I'm countin' on ya'll to show me how the Canadian's do summer."

The two sisters looked at each other with wicked grins before the eldest spoke up, "We've got 'ya covered girl."

"Okay, okay, you've had your turn let me at her!!" Jackie waved her arms to scatter her children, Tyler stepped back along with his sisters crossing his arms as he laughed at his mother.

The older woman hugged me tighter than her first daughter but thankfully she didn’t squawk in my ear, she just held onto me for a good 3 minutes like she was making sure I was really here. And I let her, it was comforting and I guess she had really missed me, it had been months since Spring Break when she and the girls visited Dallas. So I was fine standing there in her arms but Tyler broke the silence, "Hey ma, are you going to let her breathe?"

I heard a sniffle as she picked her head up off my shoulder pushing my shoulders back to look at me, "I'm just so happy she's here."

"Aww, Jackie why are you crying!? Ty, see I should have came sooner."

"Oh honey, no you're busy in Dallas. It's just you make Tyler so happy and we've been listening to him talk about you since he got here. I'm just so happy that he's happy!" She wiped her eyes as her three children laughed at how soft their mother had gone.

"Well, he makes me very happy too. And there's no other place I'd rather spend my birth week than with ya'll." I grinned over Jackie's shoulder looking at Tyler who shot me a wink.

At the mention of my birthday Candace's hands shot up, her fingers waving around like jazz-hands, "TY!! When are you giving Ads her present?!"

"Probably on her actual birthday, that's when people tend to get presents Can," Tyler sassed his little sister, maybe he had been spending too much time with me.

"Okay, smartass. Don't you think she'll need a little time to prepare? Like at least a day?" Candace's pleas had me confused, what in the hell did the Seguin's have planned for my birthday that I needed to prepare?

"Okay, okay, kids you can talk about this when the birthday girl's not around. Let's get inside, lunch is ready." Jackie pushed the four of us into the house where food lined the kitchen island. Like the typical big brother, Tyler pushed his way to the front grabbing a plate and loading it with food. The rest of us followed suit before taking seats around a big dining room table with a view of the backyard, as I sat and ate I saw a flash of black fur go running by the window.

"Oh my gosh, the boys!" I pointed and Tyler laughed.

He sat his fork down and nodded towards the glass, "They've been waiting outside for you."

I grinned and tried to focus on eating only moving the combination of breakfast and lunch cuisine around my plate for a few minutes until Jackie noticed, "Take her outside before she bursts, Ty."

I slid my chair back from the table so fast the legs squeaked against the hardwood, I mumbled an "oops" as the Seguin's laughed at my excitement to see the two dogs. Tyler led me out of the kitchen towards the two French doors that gave way to the backyard, as soon as he popped the doors open I slid around him to get outside faster. At the sound of the door closing two large dogs came running towards us, to get a better approach I plopped down on the grass reaching one arm out to each of the Labs.

"Hi babies," I cooed as Marshall jumped into my lap and began to lick my face, "Oh my God, I've missed you two so much."

Tyler sat down next to me reaching over to pat Cash's back, "I see how I rate now, Marshall's gotten more kisses than me!"

"Aww, do you wanna lick my face too?" I asked leaning around the large chocolate Lab to look at him.

"No, not really."

"That's what I thought, so what exactly are you and your sister's up to? I'm a little afraid for my birthday." I laid all the way back staring up at the dog that was now towering over me.

Looking to my left I saw a hand shoot through Tyler's hair, a tall-tale sign he was nervous, "Nothing, really, it's just a surprise. Did you follow the packing list?"

"Yes? I brought some boots and proper fishin' attire, not that you ever dress for the occasion. Are we going to the cabin for my birthday?"

"I'm not telling, you'll find out Thursday. As long as you have your "country" clothes you're all set."

"You're mean, Seguin." I pouted, ruffling Cash's ears, "Your daddy's bein' mean, do ya'll know what the big surprise is?"

Tyler laid back staring over at me, "They don’t, but it's hot out here let's go back in for a little bit before we head home."

"Okay," I sat up extending my hand up to the already standing Tyler who pulled me off the ground in one swift tug.

A few hours later we got the dogs into the car and ventured back into the city of Toronto, the streets were bustling still even as the sun began to set which made the skyline even more fantastic. It actually reminded me a lot of Chicago but it was beautiful in it's own way. Especially the view from Tyler's balcony, although I'm sure the 'ol "Bachelor Pad" came at the price of a pretty penny it was worth it for this view, a straight shot at the CN Tower and the other elaborate buildings surrounding the condo. The grand tour of the place wasn't long but the rest of the rooms were very nice including the master bedroom that also overlooked the city. While Tyler "cooked" dinner on the balcony I unpacked my bags settling into the place for my the duration of my visit.

Wednesday Tyler and I spent the day being tourists within the city he grew up in, we had brunch over looking the skyline before touring a museum full of shoes downtown. After ogling the footwear we spent the afternoon at Kensington Market, which quickly became my favorite part of the city. With our bellies full of seafood dinner we spent the night watching a double header of movies at the drive-in theatre in Tyler's dad's Mustang convertible. It was a busy day but well spent with my favorite person, as we sat under the stars Tyler's arm draped over my shoulder tracing patterns on my exposed skin I felt like the luckiest girl in the world.

Thursday afternoon, the day before my actual birthday on July 8th Tyler's family and I went out to lunch before we left I watched Tyler stuff an envelope into the back pocket of his grey shorts. As we drove to the restaurant and took our seats I couldn’t stop thinking about what could be in the envelope? What on Earth could we be doing that I needed my boots up North in Canada?

When the plates were cleared away and small talk had began I saw Candace nod her head at Tyler from across the table, slowly he pushed up and grabbed the envelope from his back pocket. "Here we go!" I thought to myself exhaling and taking a quick sip of my water.

"Sine we're kind of busy tomorrow, and my little sisters know a little more about girls than I do I am being forced to give Adleigh her present today instead of tomorrow. So Ads, happy birthday!" Tyler handed the white envelope over to me it had my name scrawled on the front in his chicken scratch.

"Thank you, babe." I said accepting the white package.

Tyler nodded his chin to the paper item in my hand, "Don't thank me yet, open it up."

Sliding my finger through the seal I pulled out a simple off white card that said "It's your birthday" on the front as I opened the card a few tickets and a red bracelet fell into my hand. "Boots and Hearts VIP" read the bracelet while the tickets were a weekend pass including a meet and greet with Brett Eldredge. As I read the tickets I covered my gaping mouth holding in the gasps that came at each surprise, I was truly in awe and could feel my eyes clouding over with tears.

"No way? Brett Eldredge?!!" I finally squeaked out.

Tyler grinned and nodded, "Thought maybe we should go see him live since you sing his songs to me all the time. Not to mention Chase Rice, Thomas Rhett, Tim McGraw, and Sam Hunt."

"Oh my god! This is the best present ever!! You! Oh my gosh, Candace this was your idea?!" It suddenly hit me, Tyler had gotten Candace two tickets to Boots and Hearts for Christmas when we weren't actually together. She had explained to me the concept and I was fascinated, the two Seguin's must have remembered and cooked up this idea together.

"I may have helped Ty out a little bit, Cass made sure you packed your boots." Pushing my chair back I stepped out as the two girls stood, I wrapped my arms around both of them in a group hug.

"You two are the best little sisters, and I might be biased considering I've never had any before but I don’t care."

"We love you, Adi." Cassidy said and Candace agreed, but it was I who truly felt all the love and the luck to have been welcomed into such an amazing family.

Once again Tyler broke up the moment with a fake cough, "Alright share my girlfriend, please."

The two girls release me so I stood with my arms wide open until Tyler crossed the table wrapping his arms around my waist tightly pulling as I threw mine around his middle. "Happy birthday, beautiful. I love you baby, more than I could have ever imagined. Y'know if that wasn’t already obvious considering I volunteered to spend my weekend listening to country music."

Smiling into Tyler's chest I pressed my lips against the fabric of his t-shirt, my God I was so happy I never wanted to feel any different than I did right in that moment. "Thank you, Ty, so, so, soooo much. I can't believe you did all this, that you actually remembered what I said? You know you never cease to amaze me."

"I try, really hard actually." Tyler laughed at himself as I dug my chin into his chest looking up into his big brown eyes.

"I love you, Seguin."

Instead of getting one I love you back from Tyler I got a chorus of "I love you too's" from the other Seguin's surrounding the table to which Tyler and I both laughed. Hanging my head around Tyler's broad body I smiled at his family, "I love you Seguin's too."

"You have to be a little more specific up here, Ads." Tyler mocked patting my butt receiving a testing eyebrow raise from me in exchange.

"Shush, you used to be my favorite Seguin but now I'm reconsidering my options."

Tyler rolled his eyes, "Oh whatever, we all know Marshall is your favorite Seguin."

"Yeah, you're totally right." Pushing up on my tippy toes I pressed a quick kiss to his lips, "But you're a close second."

My birthday began bright and early at 7 am Tyler woke me up with a cup of coffee and another gift, a pair of gold Texas shaped earrings with little diamonds where Dallas would be. They were beautiful and quickly replaced the boring diamond studs I normally wore, less than half and hour later Candace and her boyfriend arrived with Cassidy in tow to watch Tyler's apartment and the dogs while we were gone. By 8 am we were on the road to Oro-Medonte, as we drove the two hours my phone began to blow up with birthday wishes from family and friends back in the states. Hannah had already called at midnight to serenade me and Asher had sent a text, the more messages that poured in the older I felt. How was it that I was 24? When did I get so old?!

Eventually we arrived at the site of the music festival and I fell in love, pickup trucks were everywhere and I suddenly felt like I was home in the South once again. My eyes must have been wide as saucers as I looked out the window ,Tyler commented at my childish open mouth smile, "Someone has found their happy place."

"This looks like a little baby Texas."

"Little baby Texas, that's definitely a new nickname for Canada." Tyler parked his black SUV in a lot marked VIP leaving the windows all cracked to keep the heat from completely hot-boxing the car. "So, Friday's shows are all smaller acts I say we get the lay of the land and head to the hotel at 6, gear up for tomorrow's big day?"

Everyone agreed as Candace and her boyfriend fled the area in record time, I leaned against the side of the car as Tyler tied the red bracelet onto his wrist, straightened the hat on his head turned to me. "Ready, babe?"

"Always." With our fingers laced down the grassy pathway we went following the sounds of guitars and screams of girls under the afternoon sun. Tyler and I spent the rest of our afternoon drinking half-cold beer while sitting on the side of a grassy hill listening to new country crooners on the stage below our hill. It was perfect but I knew that the real fun would come tomorrow, after leaving the venue we checked into our hotel then had dinner where the entire wait staff sang me "happy birthday". 24 years of the ballad and I still got embarrassed during the act but as Tyler sang along beside me I couldn’t help but smile, I really love that boy.

Saturday afternoon with my feet tucked into my trusty old boots the four of us headed back to the venue, the traffic was even heavier than the day before but it was as to be expected considering today's acts were much more popular. Our day kicked off with Chase Rice another personal favorite and before I knew it Tyler and I were headed towards the meet and greet tent.

As we walked I felt like a small child, so giddy and practically shaking in my boots to meet Brett Eldredge as if he was the first celebrity I'd ever met. When in reality I work with one of the most well known football teams in the world, I've been surrounded by celebs for years but this time it felt different. Tyler had done this for me as just Adleigh not a Cowboys staff member, this was just for me.

Two security guards met us at a fence that apparently lead to where the singers were all bused for the weekend, he checked our wristbands and ushered us through the fence where we met Riley, a blonde girl with a headset. She greeted us as soon as we stepped through the door, "Hello, you're Tyler and Adleigh correct?"

In my excited state I beat Tyler to the punch, "Yes, we are."

"Awesome, I'll be taking you two to meet Brett. He's already done with his fan club meet and greets, so it'll just be you two."

My eyes were wide beneath my Ray-Bans, this was a legit two on one and all I could think about was how many strings Tyler had to pull to get this experience for the two of us! Riley led us all the way up to a big silver tour bus raised her fist and knocked on the glass window, "He'll be out any minute."

As we waited I leaned into Tyler's side his arm encircled my waist, "Thank you for this, I'm so excited."

He pressed a kiss to the side of my head, "I can tell, and you're welcome. I love seeing you like this."

Just as I was about to respond the door of the bus popped open and the bright blue eyed singer stepped out his famous big, white smile stretched across his face, "Hey, come on in ya'll it's hot out here." Tyler and I followed Brett inside the bus, he stood in the open area between a couch a table full of posters, CD's, and tons of Sharpie markers, "It's nice to meet 'ya, I'm Brett."

Tyler shook his extended hand, "Tyler Seguin, it's nice to meet you."

"I thought you looked familiar, I saw the Stars play my Blackhawks this season, you're a damn good hockey player. So I'm not gonna lie I was pretty star struck myself when my agent said you were in contact with us." Brett laughed while admitting he was excited to meet Tyler.

"Thanks man, this is my girlfriend Adleigh she's a big fan of yours."

Sticking my hand out I smiled at him slightly embarrassed once again, "Hi, it's so nice to meet you."

"It's good to meet you too, darlin'. If I remember right, it's your birthday that brings ya'll here?"

I nodded, "Yeah, it was yesterday."

"Well, I think that calls for celebration. You name a song any album and I'll sing it for ya'll tonight, I assume you're up front too?"

Tyler pulled the two tickets from his back pocket, "We're in the VIP section, left side."

"Oh yeah, ya'll will have a good view. So, Adleigh what would you like to hear?"

I thought about what would be on his set list already and I knew all the new jams would be on there for sure so I requested my favorite from his last album, "Well Drunk On Your Love is my favorite, but I think I'd like to hear Mean To Me a little more."

"You're in luck, you'll hear both of them later on." Brett smiled at the two of us and I couldn’t help but return the gesture. 20 minutes later after talking hockey, where I was from considering my accent, and Tyler's new found love for country music, Brett signed a few posters took some pictures with us then escorted us to the gate himself. The two guys shook hands as Tyler offered Brett Stars tickets if he was ever in Dallas, I got a hug and we were out the door back to reality. As we walked to the VIP tent where we would take in the rest of the shows I felt like I was on cloud nine, the day could not get any better.

But I was clearly wrong.

When Brett took the stage for his set later that evening he sang all of my favorites as Tyler spun me around the grassy area my hair floating in the air as I sang along. Eventually it came time for him to sing Mean to Me he stopped as the band played the back beat, "I met a couple earlier today, and I'd like to dedicate this song to them. Happy birthday, Adleigh I can tell this is what you mean to Tyler."

My mouth was gaping open as I faced the stage shocked that he had literally dedicated the song to us, Tyler's arms wrapped around my waist turning me towards him, "I love you, baby."

Grabbing his face in my hands I kissed him hard, "I love you, too. Thank you for this, for everything, for being mine."

"I'll always be yours."

And I believed him as Brett sang the line "If mine could be the name that changes yours" I knew that what I had right now would be forever.

I was so done, no one else would ever compare to Tyler.
♠ ♠ ♠
(so the real Boots and Hearts is in August but they've got other things going on then so I had to speed it up for the purpose of the story!)

Any who, how freaking cute was that birthday surprise?! They are so in love and Adi knows that nothing will ever compare to Tyler.

Who's got thoughts?! I know I've been MIA lately but I've literally been everywhere so the new updates will probably be every 2 weeks or so. As usual leave your thoughts and comments I love reading what you guys think about the story it really encourages me to keep writing this! Love to you all - A