Status: C O M P L E T E D | 9-28-16

Give Into Me.

August-September 2016.

It happened.

Tyler and I were sitting on the shoreline alongside a riverbank outside Toronto just watching our fishing poles when my phone rang with a phone call from Hannah. I thought it was nothing just her checking in considering I had been in Canada for over a week by then but I quickly learned I was wrong when she started screaming in my ear.

Luke had finally popped the question.

So just like "Girl Code" calls for I was the first person behind her Mama to hear the big news. When the screaming and "Oh my God's" ceased she popped the question to me, or rather just confirmed what we had established months before. "Will you be my Maid of Honor, Adi?" She asked and as I sat there with dirt on my hands and my sweaty hair pulled through a ball cap I felt a tear fall from my right eye.

"Of course, my Hannah banana. It would be an honor to hold your dress while you pee." I wiped the dirt from my hands on my t-shirt before sweeping away the run away tears, my best friend was getting married I had a reason to be emotional. We then both laughed and said goodbye so that she could share the news with the rest of her friends and family.

After I hung up the phone and tucked it back into the pocket of my jean shorts I looked over at Tyler, "Guess I've got a weddin' to plan."

Tyler smirked and popped the lid to the cooler sitting next to him quickly handing me a beer, "Cheers to Han and Lucas."

I popped the top of the silver can clinking it together with his, "To the McDaniel's."

Pressing the can to my lips I knew that right then and there everything I knew about my life was about to change, so I drained the silver bullet tossed it in the dirt and picked up my fishing pole. If there was one way to clear my mind it was to get back to my Southern roots and just fish.

That was nearly a month ago and with the time in between then and now I've returned to the United States, gone back to work in the office, and jumped into wedding planning with the spunky bride to be. With a wedding date set for next August we have a year to plan a good traditional southern wedding, a bachelorette get away to Nashville, and a bridal shower her Mama and Grandma's would be proud of.

However, before any of that could take place an engagement party was to be thrown to honor the newly engaged couple, and it happens to be tomorrow night.

Since it's August and the World Cup of Hockey is right around the corner Tyler's been at Team Canada training camp for weeks, thankfully he has weekends off and his flight should be landing any minute now. So here I sit in my Jeep at the curbside pickup are at the DFW airport waiting for Tyler to walk out into the sticky southern air I know he has not been missing.

A knock on the back window of my Jeep pulls me from the distraction that is my overflowing Email box, looking in the rearview mirror I see Tyler's face almost pressed against the glass trying to see through the dark tint. I laugh to myself as I unlock the doors and step outside to greet him, "Welcome home, Ty."

"Thanks babe, damn it's hot out here." Tyler mumbled as he pulled his sweatshirt off over his head before kissing me hello.

"That it is, are you all set? I need to go get my dress from the tailors." He nodded kissed me once more then headed for the driver's seat.

Tyler drove into the city parking the Jeep on the curb as I ran into the tailor's to retrieve my beige dress, it only took a few minutes before I was climbing back into the SUV with a black garment bag in hand. "Dress, check. Dinner?"

"I could really go for some Tex-Mex.. Toronto is seriously lacking in good Tacos." Who would I be to deprive my Canadian of good Tacos? So I agreed to Tyler's choice (which doesn't happen all that often) and ordered our usual's as he drove towards the Mexican restaurant we often ate at. With food in tow we headed towards my apartment complex, the clear choice on where we would be staying for the weekend considering Tyler's house wasn't exactly livable right now.

After dinner and discussing our plans for the World Cup of Hockey and comparing the upcoming NHL and NFL seasons Tyler unpacked his bags laying out the suit he had brought for the engagement party across the trunk at the foot of my bed. While he unloaded pants, shoes, socks, and shirts I dumped out the bag full of ties he brought trying to find one that would match my dress.

As I compared fabric to fabric Tyler laid on his back across my bed staring at the ceiling fan spinning round in circles, "I've never been to an engagement party, how is this going to go?"

I held up a navy tie to the light to get a better look before looking down at Tyler, "You're going to hear stories about Luke and Hannah's relationship all night long, how they met, fell in love, blah blah blah. I'll give a speech about Hannah and how happy I am for her while throwing in some embarrassing stories from our childhood and so will Blake, Luke's best man. It'll be a lot of mingling but it's an open bar so it'll be okay. Aww, it's your first good 'ol southern party babe."

Tyler groaned putting his hands behind his head, "Oh goody, mingling."

Shaking my head I tossed the blue tie at his face, "Wear this and quit your cryin', Seguin. Asher and my parents will be there, you won't be completely alone."

Tyler sat up tie in hand pushed off the bed to lay the fabric with rest of his outfit, when he returned he stood behind me arms around my waist lips moving up and down the side of my neck. I brought my arms up running my fingers through the thick hair at the back of Tyler's head, "How about we forget about this party until tomorrow and spend the rest of the night in bed?"

"I could probably do that? What'd you have in mind, Netflix? Or other activities?" I asked as Ty dug his chin into my shoulder the stubble of his beard tickling my cheek.

"Hmm," Tyler's groan vibrated my skin, his fingers sliding the strap of my tank top down my shoulder "I think what I had in mind involves turning these lights out and taking off some layers."

The grit in his voice sent a chill through my body as I pulled at my bottom lip, it'd been a few weeks since I had left Canada so I was definitely looking forward to some one on one time with Tyler if you know what I mean, "I think you read my mind, baby."

Tyler wasted no time flipping off the lights and closing my door, confining the two of us to my bedroom ending our first of only two nights together.

My feet hurt from these damn high heels, Hannah's great aunt has told me the same story four times, and I haven't had enough champagne to make it through my maid of honor speech without turning into an emotional mess but other than that? Yeah, this engagement party is going great! The Klein's went all out for the even renting a ball room at the Victory Hotel downtown that is now full of over 100 people sipping booze and ogling over the future Mr. and Mrs.

However, people have also taken to fawning over my boyfriend, apparently Hannah didn’t give anyone a forewarning that one of her guests was on the top line for the Dallas Stars. But I had to laugh as a crowd formed around Tyler, he had to of shaken more hands than Luke by the middle of the party.

As I watched Tyler talking to a few older men most likely Hannah's uncles or something she appeared at my side her white tulle skirt swinging around at her knees a black tank top tucked in the top read "bride" across her chest in silver glitter. "Poor Tyler, I guess I should have warned everyone your boyfriend's a local God."

I rolled my eyes, "Please don't ever call him a God, it goes straight to his head."

"So, how's that speech coming M-O-H?" Hannah sipped from her flute of champagne and waggled her eyebrows at me.

"Oh, it's going.. But don't worry I'm leaving out the spring break horror stories and that time you kicked me in the head and gave a concussion at cheer camp."

Hannah's arm swung around my shoulder's, "This is why you're my best friend. By the way have you had a chance to talk to Blake? You guys haven't officially met."

"A little, he seems nice. He's the banker, right?"

"Accountant for the Spurs, Luke met him at summer camp when they were kids. He's a little dry but he can take a joke, don't worry."

"Great, oh lord there's a line around Tyler!" I pointed and Hannah giggled.

"GO, go save him from my relatives!!" The blonde pushed me towards the sea of men and younger boys who were trying to get at Tyler.

Eventually I was able to pull Tyler away from his "fans" to settle him into his seat at a table with parents and Asher, as I sat him down I told Asher to keep and eye on him for me. I kissed his cheek, and gave him an apology from Hannah before maneuvering my way up to the front table where the bridal party was to sit for dinner. From my chair next to four of Hannah's other friends I watched as my little brother and dad laughed with Tyler over something as my mom shook her head, I could just imagine her scolding them with her usual, "Boys, behave" line.

The crowd of people sat eating dinner as a slideshow of pictures and sappy love songs played portraying Hannah and Luke's love story over and over. As I watched I knew there was one thing I had left out of the "speech" I had written in my head for her, a simple thank you for pushing me towards Tyler. It was well deserved so as I stood smoothing the wrinkles out of my dress I thought of the perfect place to add it in.

Taking the microphone from Hannah's dad who had just delivered a heartwarming ode to his little girl I smiled to the crowd and took a deep breath, looking around the room until I found the set of eyes I found the most comfort in, Tyler's. "Hey ya'll, as Allen said I'm Adleigh Reichman and I'm Hannah's maid of honor."

There were a few "whoops" and claps before I continued on, "I've known Hannah since the third grade when we bonded over our shared love of Aaron Carter and we've done almost everything together since then. We went to the same high school, cheered on the same squads, pierced our belly button's and got grounded in sync when we were 17, and even attended the University of Texas together. She's been with me through heartbreaks and triumphs over the years and I honestly could not do life without her. However, I know that without Luke by her side Hannah would not be the woman she is today, the woman who I depend on to be my voice of reason some days and a spark of insanity on others."

Stopping I looked over at the red head who had his arm slung around my best friend's shoulder, Luke grinned at me and I returned the gesture, "I've always said Hannah was my better half, because all brunettes need a blonde best friend. But when she met Luke I knew I had to start sharing her. Now, I'm not going to lie I was selfish early on but eventually I found that having a guy around the house wasn't so bad. I mean who else was going to change the light bulb or kill all the spiders?"

The room erupted in laughter, "No seriously, Luke you and Hannah may have made me question this "love" thing for a while, y'know those dark days when I told you I was going to die alone with 15 cats and a bottle of wine? But if it wasn't for you two I wouldn’t be where I am today, the happiest I've been in my whole life and in love with the man who I am sure is my soul mate. I owe you two a million and one "thank you's" for your tough love that forced me to give my boyfriend Tyler a chance." Looking back over at Tyler the smile on his face made my heart flutter.

God I'm so in love with him it hurts.

"So here's the first of many, thank you! But enough about me, tonight is about these two love birds. I am incredibly honored and thankful to be a part of your big day and to be your maid of honor, Hannah. I've stood beside you for so many life events, from confirmation, two graduations, countless cheer award ceremonies to heart wrenching funerals that standing beside you as you go from Miss to Mrs. seems incredibly fitting but it's also seems mind blowing! Weren't we just 16 planning our joint wedding to the boys from The O.C? Sorry Luke, Tyler we've been taken by Ryan and Seth since high school."

More laughter, who knew I was so funny? Or maybe it was the champagne talking by now, who knows! "But I guess, since they never figured out that we existed we had to look for substitutes." I stopped and shot a wink to Tyler who just nodded his head and took a sip of his drink, "All jokes aside, this wedding was a long time coming I knew Luke was the one for Hannah when they started geeking out over my first ankle injury. Who knew medicine could bring people closer together? So to you two, my real life Derrek and Meredith I hope that your marriage is full of nerdy medical jargon, that smelly Thai food you both love, and a lifetime of happiness and love that you both deserve and can provide for each other. I am so blessed to have you both in my life, I love you guys and I wish you the absolute best. To the future Mr. and Mrs. Lucas McDaniel!"

As I raised my half full glass of champagne to the blonde with tears running down her cheeks and her ginger haired fiancé I cracked, I had made it through the entire ramble strong as stone but it was all falling apart now. The crowd toasted Hannah and Lukas as she wrapped her arms around my shoulders, "Thank you, Adi. I love you, babe, WE love you. God, what would I do without you?"

"You'll never have to know, Han. Congratulations! I love you, thank you for everything." I hugged her one last time wiping my eyes and sat back down breathing a sigh of relief as Blake took over the mic leading off with the classic "wolf pack" speech from the Hangover.

How original.

As he told dry stories that only made the crowd chuckle in pity I looked back and forth between my family and Tyler to the happy couple, I was feeling the love.

My life was absolutely blessed.

Three hours later I stumbled bare footed into the kitchen of my apartment my heels in hand with Tyler right behind me, it had been a long night my feet were beyond done and I was exhausted. Leaning against the island I fumbled with the zipper running down the back of my dress as Tyler filled a glass with water straight out of the sink, as he chugged it I could see him staring at something.

"What's all this?" Tyler nodded down to the countertop, standing on my tippy toes I peered over seeing the piles of apartment ads and house listings in the surrounding areas.

Letting go of the zipper I looked up at him, "Uhh, Hannah's moving in with Luke. They got a house or I guess he's had one for a few months they're fixing it up so I umm, started looking for a smaller place. I don't need all this room for just me."

Why didn't I hide those from him?! My relator had sent them over this morning and I had gone through them while Tyler went to the gym. As he looked at them then up at me I could see the concern in his eyes.

As we stared at each other from across the island I waited for him to say something and all I got was, "Oh."

With those two letters I nodded and walked away towards my bedroom stepping out of my dress as I walked, it was far too late, I wasn't 100% sober, and I was just not in the mood to discuss this matter with Tyler. But I assumed neither was he if all he could muster up was an "Oh."

Before Tyler even came into the bedroom I had changed into my pajamas, taken my makeup off, and uploaded a picture of Hannah and I to Instagram. The lights were off as I stared at the dark ceiling the slow hum of the fan the only sound in the room when Tyler came in he must have thought I was asleep as he tried to stay quiet while taking off his shirt and pants.

In the darkness I could feel him staring at me so I spoke up, "I'm awake."

"Oh."

"Please stop saying, Oh." I felt the mattress dip as Tyler laid down next to me, rolling onto my side I looked over at him.

"How about I say this then," he reached out to touch me, "move in with me."

Like a bottle rocket shooting off into a night's sky I sat up in bed my hand reaching over instantly to turn on the bedside lamp, "Oh. Wait, what did you just say?!"

"Move. In. With. Me." He enunciated each word, getting his point across loud and clear.

"Well, shit I guess I wasn't hearing things. Are you drunk?!" Tyler shook his head sitting up alongside me.

"Ads, you've got to stop freaking out every time I want to take a big step like this. I am being dead serious, please move in with me you spend more nights at my place anyway it'd be silly to pay for a place that you'll hardly be at." Tyler grabbed both my hands and stared into my eyes or what felt like my soul.

"It's not too soon? Oh my god your mother, my mother?! They'll freak out."

"Babe, we're 24 I think that's old enough to live together if Hannah can get married we can at least live under the same roof." Tyler laughed at me but I was being serious.

"But we've only been together for barely 8 months, is that-" Tyler's face cut off my train of thought.

"Adleigh Ruth Reichman, I love you and if you weren't such a hard ass we would have been together for much longer than that. So no, it's not too soon. I want to spend every minute with you that I'm able to and having you in the same house would make that so much easier. Come on babe at least think about it."

Exhaling a long breath I didn’t really know I was holding I nodded, rubbing my face "I'll sleep on it, and probably have to call Hannah tomorrow about it. But, I mean it does kind of make sense."

"Of course you'll have to talk to Hannah," Tyler chuckled and nodded to the light, "Turn that damn thing off and lets get some sleep, I've gotta leave my girl tomorrow and I'd like a few more cuddles before I head back to a house full of smelly hockey players."

With the light off I curled into Tyler's side feeling right at home being held against his chest, and that's when I realized that "home" for me was slowly becoming two tattooed arms instead of a place with four walls and a roof.

By the time Tyler landed back in Canada I had made up my mind.

Well actually Hannah made it up for me, apparently I was being quote on quote "typical Adleigh" and "ridiculous" by not accepting Tyler's offer as soon as he asked. According to my best friend it was time for me to make the big move, she said if it was up to her and if Luke hadn't spent the last 3 years in grad school they would have been living together for much longer. Which made me feel a little uneasy that I would have been without my partner in crime for years but it hadn't happened so the point was moot.

She was right, moving in with Tyler was the right thing to do.

But I was still scared.

When my lunch date with Hannah was over I sat on the hood of my Jeep after driving out into the boonies of Fort worth, I needed somewhere to think.

I also needed somewhere to wait for the perfect time to call Tyler, if there was such a time.

After almost 20 minutes of laying half on the windshield half on the hood I picked up the iPhone that had been sitting beside me a photo of Tyler and I at Boots and Hearts stared back at me as I pushed the home button. Ty's flight had landed 2 hours ago and he had to back at the Team Canada housing complex in Montreal by now, most likely surrounded by all of his teammates.

Pushing call next to his name I leaned back waiting as the dial tone filled my ear, it was soon replaced by the deep voice of Tyler, "Hey babe."

"Hi hun, how was your flight?"

"Quick, a little bumpy but nothing I'm not used to."

"Oh that's good, how're the guys? Did they miss you?" I was stalling so hard it wasn't even funny.

"Unruly as always, Jamie's still mad he didn't get an invite."

I rolled my eyes of course he was, "Tell him to chill he's on the actual wedding guest list."

"Okay babe, I'll tell my Captain to chill. So did you talk to Hannah?" Well, there it was, time to face the music.

"Yeah, we had lunch after I dropped you off."

"So, what's the verdict?"

Out in the middle of nowhere on a dirt road that hadn't had another car on it in over an hour I smiled to myself as if Tyler could see me, "Are you sure you're ready for another roommate?"

I could hear Tyler laugh a little bit and could envision the grin on his face, "Totally, if I'm going to share my room with anyone I want it to be you. Because between you and me? I'm about to suffocate Jamie in his sleep, dude snores like a chainsaw."

"Well, it's good to know you enjoy sharing a bed with me over Jame some people would assume the other way around, Bennguin is real y'know." I joked swinging my legs over the side of the Jeep preparing to hop down onto the dirt road.

"Shut up, I can't believe I miss you already."

"Yeah, you're not the only one." Opening the door I climbed into the driver's seat.

"I love you Adi, I can't wait to come home to you."

Home.

Come home to me.

His house would no longer be just "his", I wouldn’t ask "your place or mine?" after every game, I wouldn't be heading to Tyler's after to work when I had a bad day I would simply be headed home. Our home. Just thinking about that concept filled my stomach with butterflies and made me feel all sorts of domestic, "I love you too, roomie. Ready or not, we're really doing this."

"Yep, we're really doing this."

And so we did it.

Well first we told our families who took it a whole lot better than I anticipated, our mother's worried but eventually it made sense to them just as it had dawned on me. It was a better situation for us and for the dogs who would no longer have to spend days on end at a kennel whenever the Stars hit the road. After making the announcement, Hannah and I spent the rest of August figuring out paperwork and working on getting a new tenant into the place we loved to call home. Tyler would come home on weekends and little by little I would move across town into Tyler's large house, I would get slightly settled and then off he would go back to Canada. It was a complicated system but it worked and eventually by early September I was all moved in.

September also brought the Stars back into town for training camp but just as fast as they came into Dallas they left, or at least those lucky enough to be representing their given countries at the World Cup of Hockey. But this time I followed suit, off to Toronto I went for a two week long hockey filled "vacation" wearing more red and TEAM CANADA garb than I ever could have dreamed. I felt a bit like a traitor not cheering on my own country, but I also found myself cheering on Team North America which was full of the young guns of America and Canada so it all evened out.

When September was over and Team Canada had yet another victory associated with their name and gold medals around their necks Tyler and I returned to Dallas and for the first time there were no separate homes. My Jeep sat in Tyler's garage, my shoes were lined up alongside my side of the closet, all of my work stuff filled an empty room Tyler had thoughtfully turned into my very own office, and pictures of Tyler and I and our love story were now in frames all over the living room, bedroom, and office.

We were officially living together.

And it scared the shit out of me.

But crawling into bed beside Tyler knowing that every night could be like this and every morning I would wake up beside him I felt at peace, this is where I should be.

And ultimately, it was where I wanted to be for the rest of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
well that chapter was jam packed, huh!? (FYI thats how the rest will be, long and full of a few months worth of events) there are only a few more chapters left of this story, not to worry though there will be a epilogue to tell you guys exactly how this whole thing ends. anyway, sorry it's been so long summer is very busy right now for me. but enjoy this love fest as Hannah prepares to become a Mrs and Adi takes on being a live-in girlfriend! thank you to everyone who is still reading! xoxo -Al