Status: C O M P L E T E D | 9-28-16

Give Into Me.

the wedding - June 29, 2019

Hockey wives are strong women.

And I've known this since the very beginning, before Tyler and I were even officially an item. From the very first party I attended with Tyler I saw how these women kept their lives and their family's lives going most of the time on their own. While their husbands and boyfriends put in long hours at the rink, and were gone often 2-3 days a week during the season, usually coming home tired these women continued to stand strong and beautiful year after year.

And often they stand together.

Marrying a hockey player means you became part of the team as well, and I was thankful that the Dallas Stars are a strong family in itself that had welcomed me in with open arms.

However, marrying into this life is not for the faint of heart, but every one of us knew that when we signed up for this lifestyle. From the moment you start dating a professional athlete you begin to realize it is not going to be a normal relationship.

It is not for those who cannot trust.

It is not for those who cannot handle distance.

It is not for those who cannot handle change.

But I had survived thus far and with the engagement ring on my finger I would be sticking it out for life.

For better and for worse.

So when I started planning my wedding to my own hockey player, joining this circus for life I got handfuls of advice from the women who had been in the league far longer than I.

And I was so very thankful for it.

My first lesson was how to plan a wedding in such a short off season.

Talk about a small timeframe, 3 months at the least depending on your man's team and their "depth" at going all the way to the Stanley Cup Finals. I learned from my friends that my best bet was to plan after the third week of June to avoid having to make a cancelation mid-season. (Unless maybe you're a Oiler's or Maple Leaf's fiancé, then your schedule is pretty much guaranteed to be free by late April.) So when Tyler and I began planning our wedding we started scoping out late June and early August, as a July wedding seemed to close to my birthday and Hannah's anniversary.

After tossing around a few dates we settled on the one that would mean so much to us for years to come; June 29, 2019.

The day I would officially become Mrs. Tyler Seguin.

That was nearly a year ago just before our engagement party, our wedding planner had suggested we choose a date so that we could answer the influx of questions we would receive at our celebration. And she was wise to advise such a thing because I was sure every guest asked if we had "set a date" yet by the end of the night.

In the months following I crossed items off my list of Bridal duties with the help of my MOH, Hannah, my mother, Tyler's Mom who would drop anything and everything to fly from Toronto to Dallas, and our wedding planner Nicole.

Starting with the easy tasks I chose the rest of my bridesmaids, with 6 in total including my Maid of Honor: Hannah, Maddie and Olivia from work, Cassidy and Candace Seguin, and Katie Jamie's girlfriend who had become my right hand woman in the WAG's box as of late.

Following suit Tyler lined up the men he wanted by his side on the day he said "I do." the 6 standing to his right on June 29th would be: His best man Jamie, Michael Del Zotto, my little brother Asher, and three of his friends from Boston/Toronto; Freddy, Brandon, and Jesse.

Things got tougher from there, as it was time to then "Say Yes to the Dress" I would be walking down the aisle in. Something I had dreamed of doing since I was a little girl, wearing white and having my daddy give me away to love of my life. Oh, that dress had a lot to live up to from all the daydreams I've had of it over the years.

So for such a daunting task my mom brought in the big guns, she called in the help of two of her old sorority sisters who now live in Georgia and somehow got us all to Atlanta where the Southern version of the hit TV show is filmed. The six of us, including my Mom, Hannah, Jackie, Candace, Cassidy, and I strolled into the brightly lit dress shop one Saturday morning in late August. As soon as I started looking around I felt overwhelmed, walls of white gowns stared me in the face and I wasn't sure where to begin but thankfully the fabulous Monte came to my rescue.

I was in and out of dresses for hours, different styles, designers, shades of white; while some were hard "NO's" others were okay but not, The One.

Nothing really spoke to me, made me tear up, or give me the "wow, I'm a bride" moment.

Until I tried on the Hayley Paige "Dori" gown.

As soon as I saw myself in the beaded high-necked, ball gown with a strappy open back I was in love. It was modest enough to be married with dignity in my Church, but sexy and playful all at the same time. The skirt was full like the ball gown every little Southern girl dreamed of with layers of different lengths of tulle and I felt like the princess I wished to be when I was younger.

I knew before I even stepped out of the dressing room that this was it.

When I hit the foyer where my entourage awaited I heard gasps, smiles filling their faces as I stepped up onto the pedestal looking into the mirror in front of me. Hannah was nodding persistently, Candace and Cassidy were silent with gaping smiling mouths and my mother and future mother in law were fanning the tears away. "Mama, I really like this one." I told Shayla as the waterworks began, she had finally broke and I felt myself starting to tear up as well.

This was it.

Monte added a veil for dramatic effect "jacking me up" and all 6 of us were sold, there was nothing that could ever compare to this gown.

This was the dress I would marry Tyler in.

"Are you saying yes to this dress, Adleigh?" the grey headed man asked.

Oh boy, was I! So I sniffled back the tears and gave him the signature phrase right back to him. "I am saying yes to the dress."

Now, buying a gown in a different state came with a few complications, for starters I wasn’t able to take the dress back to Dallas with me that weekend. So, I flew to Atlanta twice more before February when I was finally able to bring my dress home. It needed one final alteration that would be done by the seamstress working with my bridesmaids before the big day but nothing major enough that required flying back to Georgia.

With the biggest dress out of the way we moved on to tuxes and bridesmaid's dresses, all of which would coordinate with our color scheme of classic black, champagne, white, and lots of gold. We shouldn’t get into the process of choosing our colors because that brought out the crazy in both Tyler and I but I'll give you a small glimpse.

It went something like this .

"I like red, like maroon or sangria? It would look classy with the black and white." I stated early on in the discussion and it blew up from there.

"Those are Blackhawks colors, over my dead body. Why can't we have green?"

"HAVE YOU SEEN MY HAIR?"

"We're not doing longhorn orange either so don’t even ask."

We went back and forth for days consulting our friends, mothers, co-workers, and wedding planner before deciding on no "color" at all.

Just the classic black and white with gold, lots of gold. Light gold, dark gold, shimmery gold, and gold glitter.

The halter-top bridesmaids dresses Hannah and I chose were champagne and shimmery gold at the top with pleated crème tulle bottoms, they were adorable and could definitely be worn again. They also went great with nude heels and the white and gold ranunculus bouquets our florist had designed. That left the last bit of fashion for the guys, thankfully Tyler had that part all under control. He made it quick too, deciding in under a day that he and his guys would be wearing classic black tuxes with black bow ties for his groomsmen and a black straight tie for himself, claiming he liked the look of bow ties but not the feel. So he subjected his friends to the pain while he got to look effortlessly attractive in a classic skinny straight tie.

By December we had everything planned out.

We'd be married at 4:30 in the afternoon on June 29th 2019 at the same church Hannah and Luke had married in almost two years prior.

Once the Catholic ceremony was completed our nearly 200 guests would drive off to The Orchard, a outdoor venue with rolling green grass and a beautiful barn in nearby Fort Worth for our reception. There would be a black and white checkered dance floor, tables sitting out under the stars, classic southern style foods with "Canadian twists" according to our caterer, string lights all over "the orchard", and a three tier white cake with dusting of gold leaf on the sides a large "S" on top signifying our newly shared last name.

It was all perfect in my head, but I had months to wait before I could see it all play out in real time.

As the weeks ticked by my emotions were on a rollercoaster.

January was amazing, ringing in 2019 brought so much promise to our lives. We celebrated our third anniversary the last one we'd have on January 22nd, Tyler turned 27, he was chosen as a captain at the All-Star game, and we moved into our new house one that we had designed ourselves with room for his family to visit, for our future children, and our now three dogs, Marshall, Cash, and new addition Romo a Husky Tyler had gotten me for my birthday to run.

February and March were full of hockey as usual, the Stars going hard into the Playoff Push and as Tyler's first season as Alternate Captain he was working extra hard to be a leader on and off the ice.

In April, I and most of the WAGs my age took a break from the whirlwind of being a stressed hockey wife in the midst of the playoffs by running off to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico for my Bachelorette Party. There were 12 of us on the crazy Estrogen fueled trip and by the grace of God we all returned to the states in one piece, slightly afraid of tequila shots and disgusted by the thought of drinking another margarita but safe none the less.

Free-time in May came earlier than we all expected, after Tyler and the Stars took a disappointing second round exit from the Stanley Cup Playoffs he and his boys jetted off to Las Vegas. Tyler and half of the team met up with the rest of his groomsmen and array of other guys for Ty's bachelor party, filled with golf, music, gambling, and who knows what else it was "Sin City" after all. I just knew they went to a Mike Stud show and safely returned my fiancé in one piece three days later after collectively losing enough money to have purchased a decently sized house.

June began the intense waiting game. We were getting closer and closer, almost to the single digit countdown and by then I wasn’t sure what to feel.

Nervous was a given, but I was also just ready to get the wedding over with! After having such a long engagement the anticipation was killing me, I just wanted to say "I do", kiss my HUSBAND for the first time, and take our honeymoon trip to Bora Bora and forget all the stress I had been under planning the whole thing. But there was so much more to do that I knew we couldn’t just fast forward to the big day, we had stacks of papers to file since Tyler's not from this country, a marriage license to apply for, and the all-mighty pre-nup agreement. The last one made me cringe but according to Tyler's agent it was "necessary" so we sat down with him, Tyler's lawyer and my mom to work it out. It was stupid and a waste considering how I felt about divorce but I signed it and prayed to God that it would never have to come into play.

When we finally got into the single digit countdown I was on absolute edge. I was nervous about anything and everything that could even potentially go wrong, I was constantly "what if-ing", and psyching myself up for a panic attack of epic proportions.

But I impressed myself by hiding all of it from Tyler, who was cool as a cucumber and I kind of hated him for it. Seeing how calm he was I didn’t want to worry him so I saved most of my "freak-outs" and "bridezilla" moments for Hannah and my hockey girls who tried everything to calm me down; shopping, drinking, a trip to the spa. Nothing seemed to kick the nerves, and they went into maximum overdrive the night before the rehearsal dinner.

There I was standing in my closet staring at the short white dress I would be wearing in less than 24 hours, practicing my vows and promising the rest of my life to Tyler when I finally cracked. This time in front of Tyler who was in the bathroom just a few feet from the closet. He must have heard the sound of my body sliding down the wall hitting the hardwood with a thud, my heels hitting the back of the closet as I tossed them, and the first of many ragged breaths as the panic attack settled in.

I had made it months without having one, the last coming over the cancelation of our first venue but now the old pain in the ass was back. The feeling like there wasn’t enough oxygen in the world, like there was someone sitting on my chest not letting me breathe like I wanted to. Hot tears were running down my face faster than I could catch them with the sleeve of one of Tyler's hoodies so I just threw my head back against the wall letting them flow freely. Just as I was closing my eyes pushing water droplets to fall onto my bare legs Tyler stormed into the room looking around until he saw the crumpled mess of his fiancée on the floor.

Hitting his knees he reached out one hand cupping my face tilting it up giving me no choice but to look right at him, "Baby, what's wrong? What happened?"

I couldn’t speak, I had no air. But the fear on Tyler's face made me want to breathe so bad, I just couldn’t do it.

"Adi, breathe, please. Do it with me, in" He took a long deep breath as if trying to teach me how, "Out, come on you can do it. Baby, please."

I swallowed, choking on the air that had been trapped within my lungs taking a huge gasp of fresh air. "That's it, just in through your nose out through your mouth."

Slowly I came out of the attack, air began to flow almost normally, it was slow paced and ragged but I was breathing. Tyler looked at me with glassy eyes sitting Indian style in front of me, his head no doubt spinning with questions.

I had scared him.

"I'm sorry." Those were the first words I croaked out, my voice hoarse and dry.

Tyler's shoulders sank, his head shook side to side, "You've been holding it all in again haven't you?"

Avoiding looking into those deep brown eyes I looked up at the beautiful white cocktail dress hanging above him, "I didn’t I.., you're just so calm, I didn't wanna give you anything to worry about."

Opening up his arms and his legs I crawled into his welcoming embrace settling my head into the crook of his neck, "Y'know that's my job, right? I'm supposed to worry about you, look after you, be there for you. I promised your dad I would be there for those things, I want you for the good and the bad."

"We haven't even said I do, yet."

"I don’t care about a piece of paper that says you're my responsibility Adleigh, I've been concerned about you, and for you for over three years now. I'm never not going to be worried about you, I love you too much."

I pressed my lips to the side of his neck, "I'm sorry, I just don’t like making my problems other people's too."

"What's yours is mine, what's mine is yours. So, tell me what this is all about anyway?"

I exhaled and twisted in his arms my back against his chest, tattooed arms wrapped around my middle, "I don’t know, really. It's all just hit me, we waited so long and now it's here and I'm nervous and anxious and those are a deadly combo for me."

"So you have cold feet? Because I will go buy you the warmest socks ever made."

I laughed and shook my head, "No babe, my feet are SO warm I cannot wait to marry you. It's just the whole wedding thing I guess, it all looks so easy until you do it yourself. Even helping Hannah I didn’t understand why she was so scatter brained but now look at me."

"Ads, you think I'm not scared? I'm freaking out, this isn't just a big day for you it's my wedding too. But you know what calms me down?" I looked back at him, "You, the idea of being married to you. In less than 48 hours you'll be my wife and I will get to be beside you for the rest of my life, and that, that makes me so happy. I can't be scared when I know I'll have you in my corner forever."

"Forever sounds pretty great doesn’t it?"

"It does, it sounds like raising a family, growing old, and falling more in love with you everyday." Gosh, he still gave me butterflies.

"What did I do to deserve you?" I asked raking my fingers through the dark hair on his face.

"As Father Thomas would say, God has a plan for everyone and he put us together for a reason." I had never forced my Faith onto Tyler, but slowly over time throughout our relationship he began to attend Mass would he could, mainly on holidays because he knew it made me happy. Once we were engaged he started researching converting to Catholicism and began his conversion classes, with his busy schedule it took longer than most but he completed them and we were officially able to be married in my Church. It meant so much to me and he knew that and without asking Tyler changed a huge part of his life for me, it was a sign from God himself that Tyler was really the one for me.

"He would, and I prayed long and hard for God to send me someone and I couldn’t have asked for a better delivery."

"I love you Adleigh Ruth Reichman."

"I love you right back, Mr. Seguin." With one tender kiss I felt a wash of relief laying my head back on Tyler's shoulder, I felt light for the first time in weeks.

I was ready to marry him without a worry in the world.

The rehearsal was flawless, I made it through without crying only because we decided not to practice reciting our vows in front of one another yet. We wanted them to be a secret, and I couldn’t wait to hear Tyler's. After dinner downtown the boys and girls went their separate ways, the guys off to our house as us girls cozied up in a suite at the Victory Hotel. We watched movies and drank champagne, I cried opening gifts from the girls, and wanted so badly to see Tyler but I refused to break the rules. I settled for a long phone call on the balcony watching the lights of downtown Dallas flicker before cozying up in bed with Hannah for the last time as Adleigh Reichman.

Eight hours later I woke up and it was my WEDDING DAY!!!

Our suite soon began bustling with people, my mother and Jackie came baring cups on cups of Starbucks, room service delivered trays of fruit and breakfast foods to fuel our beauty routines. As I sipped my iced coffee with "Bride" written on the side I slipped into my all white robe with "Mrs. Seguin" adorned on the back before settling into a chair to begin the process of getting my hair and makeup done.

The stylist, Casey who once did my hair for me when I was on the DCC weaved extensions into my hair to build volume then added curls and more curls before whipping it all up into a an updo that would showcase the high neckline and open back of my gown. When that was complete she moved onto my makeup, which I requested be tsunami proof because I knew the waterworks were a given today. I watched her transform my usual "Texas" glow into a face full of makeup worthy of the red carpet, my eyes were amazing and my lips painted a dark nude color that I was told wouldn’t smudge off no matter how many kisses I gave out to my new hubby.

When I stepped out of the chair I was one car ride to the church and an outfit change away from officially looking like a bride.

At one o'clock a black limo arrived at the Victory, my bridal party as well as mom, Jackie, and I climbed inside and enjoyed the drive from downtown to my church by sipping on champagne and singing along to a playlist of any song that ever mentioned getting married.

At 3 on the dot my mom was zipping the back of the white gown making sure the straps were laying flat and the tulle was fluffed nicely. Standing around me were six girls dressed in matching crème and gold floor length dresses, each of them in awe as two photographers circled the room, the third was downstairs tending to the boys. As I stood and admired myself for the first time as a real bride I couldn’t help but grin widely in the body length mirror, my mother on my right in an all black dress gave me a tight lipped smiled as if trying to hold back the tears.

"Let's give them a minute, girls." Hannah spoke from the back of the room leading the 5 others out of the main space into one of the other rooms given to the bridal party for preparations.

Once they were all gone my mother gather both of my hands into hers, "I am so proud of you Adi Ruth, I hope you know that."

"Thank you, Mama."

"Your dad and I, we just couldn’t have dreamed of a better life for you than the one you have with Tyler. You two, truly are an amazing couple." Her words were really hitting home right about now.

"I love him so much mom, it's just insane how much."

She squeezed my hands, "That's how you know it's real, baby girl. And when you have children you'll experience even more love; life is full of love if you just choose to let it in, you have to give into things that scare you sometimes."

"I'm so glad I gave him a chance, Mama. If I could go back I wouldn’t have waited so long."

"Oh, sweetie it was worth the wait wasn’t it?"

"Of course?" I questioned, obviously Tyler was worth it or we wouldn’t be about to get married.

"Then never wish for change, this is the way God intended for things to be." She was right, my life was perfect just the way it is. "Now, lets make sure you have everything."

Tucking a strand behind my right ear I showed off the vintage pearls my grandma and mother had worn on their wedding day's, "Something borrowed, Gran's pearl earrings."

"Beautiful, one day you'll give those to your own little girl. Now I'm just guessin' but I bet the "something blue" is on your butt?"

I nodded, "Hannah made sure of that one." I tapped my hip where the white panties stitched with "I Do" in blue writing she had given me were laying.

Raising my right hand I showed her my promise ring that had a new home on my right ring finger these days, "Something old, Nana Seguin's ring."

"And finally something new, these beautiful and painful heels." Raising the hem of my gown I showed the white and heavily studded heels my feet were currently stuffed into.

"I think you're all set, honey." She ran her hands down my sides before holding my chin between her thumb and forefinger, "I love you very much, Adleigh Ruth and you are the most beautiful bride."

"Thank you, Mama. I love you, I can't thank you and Daddy enough for all of this."

As we stared at each other there was a knock at the door, in case it was Tyler my mom answered it, fortunately it was only Nicole the wedding planner. It was time for the reveal to my dad and Asher, the last set of photos before the big tadoo.

Slipping out the back door where my father and little brother waited I held my bouquet in hand a huge smile plastered on my face. Outside the two men stood hands in their pockets facing away from the door standing on the green grass, the photographers were ready to capture their expressions from all angles. I followed the concrete path towards the two, when I was close enough I stopped and cleared my throat, "Hi guys."

The two Reichman men turned at the same time, my little brother looked shocked and I could tell that my father was about to cry. "Don't cry daddy, I promised mama no more tears until the ceremony!"

"You look so beautiful, my little girl's not so little anymore." I hugged the man tightly and pecked his cheek.

"I'll always be your little girl, no matter what daddy." He hugged me harder and I closed my eyes, I knew this was going to be hard on him but I guess I didn’t realize how hard.

"Hey, can I get one of those hugs too?" Asher asked and I smiled at my little brother who definitely wasn’t little anymore.

Stepping over from one embrace to another I wrapped my arms around the 6 foot man, "When did we grow up, Ash?"

"I don't know, but here we are and you're finally getting married." I rolled my eyes as he emphasized FINALLY.

"Thanks for that." I jabbed him with my nail in the side.

Asher laughed and kissed my forehead, "I love you Adi, I'm so glad you're my sister."

"Aww, Ash. I love you too, kiddo. I'm glad mom didn’t have that little sister I begged for after all."

The photographer snapped a few more photos before Nicole came to claim us all, ushering us back into the air conditioning. My dad stayed beside me as Asher went back to the holding area where the groomsmen and bridesmaids were waiting to walk down the aisle. Casey met me in the hallway doing one last spray of hairspray and dusting of powder before I heard the pre-ceremonial music begin. When I saw Nicole coming I knew it was time to get into position, she handed me the white bouquet with clusters of gold and pearl accents, "It's go time, Adi."

Behind the big wooden doors I hooked my arm with my father's, holding my bouquet in front of me I heard the end of Russell Dickerson's "Yours" and I knew it would soon fade into the bridal march, "Are you ready, Ads?" My dad asked and I let out one last big gust of air.

"As I'll ever be."

The double doors opened and I heard Nicole whisper "go" as the march began, Ben and I walked slow and I took in all of the expressions Tyler was making. He was all I could see as I walked like I was back in a tunnel, first his mouth was just gaping and he covered it with his hand, the closer I got the better as the wide mouth look faded into a smirk, then into a full blown smile. When I stood in front of him I could tell now that his eyes were just as glassy as my own, as he shook my father's hand and took mine into his I knew we both wouldn’t last long without crying.

Our two hands laced together as the Priest stood above us, I couldn’t stop smiling I was so focused on Tyler I don't even think I heard what Father Thomas was even saying. The ceremony began and like the handful of other Catholic weddings I had attended and been a part of we prayed out loud and in silence, sat, stood, and eventually we got to the fun part of reciting vows and the exchange of rings.

"Tyler and Adleigh have elected to not only recite the traditional Marital Rite but also their own handwritten vows, Tyler please begin with your vows to Adleigh." Father Thomas spoke to the crowd then looked to Tyler.

After Father Thomas called on Tyler first to recite his vows, I watched him take a deep breath before beginning, "Adleigh, from the moment we met you've surprised me. We didn’t have the usual courtship but somehow I convinced you that we were worth a try, and here we are 3 years later. You have distracted me, captivated me, and challenged me in a way that no human being ever has. I have fallen in love with you over and over again, countless times and I plan to never stop. As I stand here with you I still cannot believe today is the day I get to marry my best friend. I promise to be true to you, honor you, protect you, encourage you, and also to frustrate and challenge you, kill all of the spiders and even sometimes let you win an argument. I know that our love will never fade and that we will always find strength in one another, as we continue to grow side by side through our next stages of life. I believe in everything that we are together, and I will love you with every beat of my heart from now until forever."

By the middle of Ty's declaration I was sobbing, actually I was sure everyone in the Church was sobbing. I had never heard such beautiful words come out of his mouth, and I knew he meant them all by the tears coming out of his own eyes.

I gathered myself as best I could and prepared to recite my own vows to Tyler hoping they were worthy of being compared to that speech he just gave, "Tyler, if someone were to have told me when I was 16 that I'd be here at nearly 27 marrying a hockey player I would have thought they were insane. I even thought I was insane just 3 years ago when you refused to give up on me, but I was foolish making you wait so long. Obviously I was wasting precious time not knowing what I was missing out on but here we are now so in love. Ty, today and forever I promise to treat you with kindness, respect, appreciation, and immense amount of silliness. I promise to encourage and inspire you, and to always stand by your side through both losing streaks and Stanley Cup runs. I promise to never take your love for granted. I promise to grow beside you and to face challenges with a smile on my face and an open mind, and to also tell you when said challenges are really freaking me out. I even promise not to watch the next episode of our current Netflix obsession without you if you're on a roadtrip. Tyler, you have the kindest heart of any man I've ever met and I can never thank you enough for loving and accepting me just the way I am. You're my best friend and the love of my life, today I promise to love you and only you forever and for eternity."

I could hear Hannah sniffling next to me as I looked up from the piece of paper in my hand for the final time, looking over Tyler was definitely crying now. He had joined every other person, male or female in shedding a tear or ten. Letting go of our handhold we both wiped the tears from our faces before Father Thomas asked us to begin the traditional Catholic vows, Tyler again went first.

"I Tyler, take you Adleigh to be my lawful wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, or for worse, for richer, or for poorer, in sickness, and in health, until death do us part."

Once he was done I followed with the same promises, "I Adleigh, take you Tyler, to be my lawful wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, or for worse, for richer, or for poorer, in sickness, and in health, until death do us part."

With the long and lengthy part out of the way Tyler and I turned to the side retrieving the rings, I fiddled with Tyler's black platinum band as the Priest began to talk once again. "Now, Tyler would you please repeat after me."

Tyler listened to the bald man and repeated the phrases as he pushed the newly adjoined wedding band up my left ring finger, "Adleigh, take this ring as a sign of my love and fidelity, In the name of the Father, the Son, and of the Holy Spirit."

Watching the light twinkle off all the diamonds I felt another tear slip out of my eye, it was my turn to speak so I repeated after the Priest as I was asked, "Tyler, take this ring as a sign of my love and fidelity, in the name of the Father, the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.

The black band fit perfectly on his finger and for the first time since he picked it out I had a chance to admire it, boy did it look good even through my tear clouded eyes.

The Priest gave the two of us a wink and then looked out upon his congregation, "By the power invested in me by the Father, the Son, and of the Holy Spirit I now pronounce you husband and wife. Tyler, you may now kiss your bride."

The crowd erupted in cheers and claps as Tyler slid his hands onto the sides of my face kissing me for the first time as my husband. His lips felt new and the kiss gave me chills, it was everything an more and easily became the best kiss of my life. Pulling back Tyler smiled before pecking my lips a few more times, I was laughing by the last one before practically forcing him to turn and face our guests. We both started laughing as Tyler grabbed my hand and threw them up in the air as if he had just won the greatest prize of his life. I reached back and grabbed my bouquet from Hannah giving her a small hug before we retreated down the aisle to a room where we could be alone for a few minutes before escaping to our "getaway" car that awaited outside.

As soon as we got to the room Tyler pulled me inside kissing me breathless, out of air I leaned my forehead against his, "Hi, husband."

"Hello, Mrs. Seguin."

"Ty we did it!" I squealed and he kissed me quiet.

"We're married, can you believe that?"

"I'm so happy, Tyler."

Tyler's thumb traced over my cheek, "Oh baby you have no idea."

"For the first time would ya'll welcome the newly formed Mr. and Mrs. Tyler Seguin to the dance floor." Our DJ asked as we all sat outside later that night under the twinkle of hundreds of lights strung from the barn to the trees and anything in between. Tyler and I sat at the big long table in front of the black and white checkered floor with the rest of our bridal party, he looked over at me and smirked before standing and offering his hand, "Care to dance, Mrs. Seguin?"

"I would love to, Mr. Seguin."

As we walked through the grass, a much easier task now that I had changed from heels to a pair of gold Birkenstock sandals the slow guitar sounds of Garrett Hedlund's "Give Into Me" began to play. It was a song many probably hadn't heard but it was from one of my favorite movies, Country Strong and it was so very Tyler and I.

"I'm gonna wear you down, I'm gonna make you see, I'm gonna get you, you're gonna give into me."

In the middle of the dance floor Tyler took one of my hands and placed his other on my hip keeping us close while moving us across the floor. It was a simple slow dance nothing fancy, just a few twirls but it was four minutes I'll never forget. We kissed throughout the song and I lost a good minute just staring into Tyler's eyes knowing that everyday for the rest of my life I would see them, and one day maybe my children would have them.

I had never been so happy in my entire life.

"Y'know, I've never really thanked you before." Tyler whispered as we danced and I wondered what he needed to thank me for.

"For what?"

He smirked, "For giving into me."

I giggled, "You're welcome, some guy once told me he would prove himself to me."

"I bet he's a real tool." Tyler joked.

"Hey, don't talk about my husband like that!" I scolded and Tyler kissed me softly.

"I like hearing you say that."

"Get used to it, you're stuck with me for life." I pecked his cheek as the song came to a close and the people surrounding us began clapping.

"I wouldn’t have it any other way, Ads."

The rest of the night was a blur. A long awaited blur, gone in a flash even though it had taken months to plan. Tyler and I danced the night away with each other, our parents, our friends, smashed cake in one another's faces, and tossed our items directly towards Katie and Jamie. Jamie looked like he was going to pass out but I already knew he had a ring tucked away in his sock drawer. Before I knew it our guests were being asked to grab a sparkler and meet out by the driveway, as Tyler and I changed from our wedding attire into something a little more comfy for our 12 hour flight to the French Polynesia.

My mama helped me get out of my dress and handed me a stack of new clothes, leggings and a grey t-shirt with "Wifey." written on the front. "Did you get this for me?"

She nodded, "I saw it on Pinterest, it's cute."

"Thank you Mama, for everything."

"You're welcome my sweet girl, now get out there your husband is waiting."

And she was right, Tyler stood with his mom, dad, sisters, Asher, and my father while wearing joggers and a black tee that read "hubby" on the front. I couldn’t hold in my giggle after I read it, as I approached he picked up the corner of the shirt, "Was this your doing, babe?"

"Nope, that would be hers." I nodded to my mom.

Shayla held up her hands, "Guilty, I just thought you two would look so cute and it'd be easy if you lost each other in the airport."

"Thank you, Shayla. Umm, Ads we should really going."

We hugged our parents and siblings goodbye and waited for them to get outside and grab a sparkler before we headed towards the exit, "You ready, Ty?"

He nodded, laced our hands and started walking down the aisle of sparklers going off on either side. The lighting was beautiful and I knew the photographers were going wild right now as we headed for the blacked out Mercedes with the door open waiting for us at the end of the row. Right before the car Tyler and I stopped and waved goodbye, at the end stood Hannah, Luke, Katie and Jamie. We hugged our best friends goodbye, gave them one last kiss for show and climbed inside the car, as Tyler shut the door I sank into the leather seat, loving how comfortable it was and enjoying getting to sit.

As the driver up front started the car and began to drive towards the airport I looked over at my husband, just admiring how lucky I was and how happy and excited I was to begin the next phase of my life. Tyler's left hand reached over and landed on my thigh giving me a good look at his wedding band, I ran my finger over it.

This was real, I wasn't dreaming.

We were married, while one chapter of my life had ended a new one had begun.

One that I couldn’t wait to write with Tyler included in every sentence.

Our new adventure awaited, and I couldn’t wait to dive in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Authors Note: before anyone critics this chapter I am aware that I did not follow the "Catholic" wedding traditions to a tee, this is a fictional story and i wanted the two to write their own vows. :)
---------

IT'S OVER! This is the final chapter to Give Into Me, in the coming weeks look for the E P I L O G U E which will give you some closure on what happens to Tyler and Adleigh down the road. Thank you all for sticking with this story I can't believe it's finally over! Without your kind words and encouragements this probably would have never gotten to this point! Over 280 subscriptions is just insane! Thank you all again! I hope you enjoyed this long and sappy chapter even as I wrote it I cried a little with these two love birds.

As always leave some feedback (maybe we can get this to 150 comments?!) and keep your eyes open for the E P I L O G U E . xoxo -A