Status: C O M P L E T E D | 9-28-16

Give Into Me.

E P I L O G U E

One thousand, eight-hundred, and twenty-five days.

That's how long Tyler and Adleigh Seguin had been married.

Five incredibly amazing, challenging, and eye-opening years.

But they were so very worth it to the both of them.

It is now June 29, 2024 it's a Saturday morning outside Toronto, Ontario and instead of celebrating their wedding anniversary on some elaborate vacation Tyler and Adleigh awoke to sunlight streaming through the widows of their cottage style summer home.

Lying on her back staring at the ceiling fan going round and round above her the now 31 year old looked over at her husband. The now salt and pepper bearded man grinned back at her and even after all their years together Adleigh's stomach still fluttered looking at Tyler.

Or maybe that was the baby moving about inside her protruding stomach.

"Good morning, Mama." Tyler greeted his wife leaning over to kiss her slipping an arm around her nearly 7 month pregnant belly.

Adleigh smiled as his warm hand tickled her skin, "Morning, babe. Your son's layin' on my bladder, again."

"Parks, you've gotta move buddy, Mama can't breathe when you do that." Tyler spoke to her stomach but Adi knew the child wouldn’t move. He was too much like her already, hardheaded and stubborn.

The two fell into a comfortable silence, Adleigh's eyes almost drooping closed again when the door to their bedroom was ripped open by a little girl in search for her parents.

Wren Isabella Seguin could be described as the perfect mixture of her parents, at almost 4 years old she had a mess of dark brown curly hair that she had gotten from both sides, her mama's big green eyes, Tyler's nose (and his big feet), and a Southern drawl that was already melting hearts.

Barefoot and wearing a too-big for her Dallas Stars shirt with her daddy's number on the back the little girl ran full speed at her parents bed leaping into her father's awaiting arms, "Daddy, did you fo-get me?"

Tyler laughed kissing her forehead, "No baby, Mama and I were sleeping in."

"Why? 'Cuz it's your 'versary?"

Adleigh pushed herself up and ruffled her daughters hair, "Yes, munchkin because it's our anniversary."

"Mama, is Parker awake?" The little girl pointed to the mess of blankets bunched up around her mother's stomach.

Obliging the toddler Adleigh pulled back the covers and her shirt to reveal her perfectly round baby bump, as fast as she could the messy haired child placed both of her ice cold hands on her mom's belly. "Mornin' baby, are you weady to come out yet?"

"Remember Wrennie, Mama has to keep him in there a little longer." Tyler reminded his daughter but he too was ready for his little boy to be here.

The couple watched as their first born talked to her unborn little brother with large proud grins on their faces, as Adleigh felt the little girl's lips press to her skin she thought way back to when she and Tyler were just finding out that they were expecting Wren.

It was only 5 months after they had gotten married that Adleigh started to feel a little out of the ordinary. At first she was just tired all the time but she thought it was just the wear and tear of her new job as the Cowboy's Special Occasion's coordinator combined with the NHL season being in full-swing yet again. When she starting spending every morning and mid-afternoon throwing up she quickly realized something was actually up.

After taking 6 pregnancy tests and the pink lines getting stronger every time Adleigh knew the "honeymoon phase" of her marriage was over. She was fully aware that she and Tyler's lives were about to change in a HUGE way and that terrified Adleigh, but she was also excited at the same time.

Adi was nervous to tell her husband, weary of how he'd accept the news but she was also bouncing with excitement knowing she was a vessel for new life.

To his wife's surprise Tyler took the news way better than anticipated, he was ecstatic and longing to tell everyone he knew the big, exciting news. But at Adleigh's request they waited until Christmas to tell their families that the first grandchild to both the Seguin's and Reichman's was on it's way.

Both sets of their parents were thrilled for their children and the countdown to welcoming the little bundle of joy was underway.

When the pair found out that they were expecting a little girl Adleigh was relieved, she knew exactly how to handle a Southern girl, after all she was one herself. Glitter, bows, cheer camps, and lots of pink, those were the things Adleigh knew all about.

But Tyler? He was scared to death, girls were hard. He had two sisters he knew the hell they could be, behind all the frilly dresses and cuteness was an adorable little devil.

That all changed when the doctor handed them a little pink blanket on August 3, 2020 all 6 pounds and 9 ounces of this little girl flipped their world upside down. She had every family member and Dallas Stars player wrapped around her little fingers seconds after meeting them, she was infectious and made everyone around her happy just with the smallest coo or grin.

Nearly four years with just the three of them was full of adventures, they traveled back and forth from Texas to Canada every year splitting their time between Adleigh's Texas roots and Tyler's family in Toronto. The Seguin's went to Europe almost every year as Tyler was invited to compete at the World Championships and even traveled to China for the Winter Olympics in 2022. Hockey took them all over the world making Wren an expert traveler by a year old, she started gymnastics at 2, and would begin peewee hockey in October (even though she'd been playing with her dad and "uncles" since she could practically walk.

Wren was their greatest adventure to date, she was full of surprises and drove them mad somedays but the two wouldn’t have had it any other way.

Just when Tyler and Adleigh thought they had the whole "parenting" thing under control Adleigh came down with the "stomach flu" back in February. A trip to the ER to combat dehydration from a night spent hugging the toilet bowl revealed her nausea wasn’t being caused by a parasite but rather a fetus.

And they were back to square one, only this time they'd be responsible for two lives instead of one.

Seven months later they were in the home stretch and things had been relatively the same this pregnancy as the first, except for the gender reveal. While Adleigh was convinced she was carrying another daughter, Tyler knew it was a boy. Part of Adleigh thought he would be crushed if it turned out to be a girl considering the "Seguin family namesake" lay solely on Tyler so she was relieved when a flood of blue balloons filled the air back in May.

Snapping back into reality Adleigh watched as her daughter chased the family's dogs, Cash and Romo around the now brightly lit bedroom. When she came back from the bathroom Wren's tiny socked feet slid out from under her causing the tot to fall onto the dark hardwood floor of the lakeside cottage. "Alright clumsy girl, lets go get some breakfast Parks and I are hungry."

The trio headed down the stairs to the kitchen where Tyler began making pancakes with Wren on his hip as Adi let the old black lab and still energetic husky outside. She watched from the big French doors as they chased each other around the yard her eyes gravitating to the big shade tree where a stone paw print laid marking the burial site of the couple's beloved Chocolate Lab, Marshall. He was 14 in human years and had lived a full life being a big brother and loving companion when Tyler and Adleigh laid him to rest and buried him at his favorite place, the family's lakeside home outside Toronto.

Having been in Canada since mid-May, a product of an upsetting end to the Stars' season Tyler and Adleigh had begun to realize that heading back to Dallas was in their near future. With the impending birth of their son looming and Adleigh's primary doctor being in Dallas the three Seguin's would only have a few more weeks in the Great White North as a trio before heading back to the States.

And they intended to enjoy every waking moment.

Although Tyler was still training and playing for the Stars at 32 he was spending more time being a dad than a hockey player, summer was for being with his girls.

To celebrate their fifth wedding anniversary Tyler and Adleigh invited over all their friends who lived in the Toronto area during the offseason and of course Tyler's family to spend the day on the lake. By noon the Seguin's boat was floating through the water, Tyler had Wren catching fish while Adleigh held Tyler's sister Candace's 6 month old daughter Sailor on her lap soaking up the late-June sunshine.

After Tyler and Adleigh opened the grandbaby business Candace and Asher quickly followed suit starting their own little families. Candace married a hockey player herself while Asher married his college sweetheart Josie in 2021, they welcomed twins Palmer and Nolan not a year later. Cassidy the youngest, who's newly married herself now had her entire family asking when she'd add to the tribe.

Babies were everywhere these days and the trend wasn’t ending anytime soon.

"Are you getting antsy yet, Ads?" The blonde asked her sister-in-law nodding down to Adleigh's baby bump sticking way out in her black bikini.

Flipping her dark braid off her shoulder the older woman nodded adjusting the baby in her lap, "Very, he's a fan of kickboxing these days and putting his foot in my ribs. He's already grounded as soon as he's born just for that."

Candace giggled as she handed her daughter a toy, "Troublemaker just like his daddy, either way I can't wait to meet the little stud."

"Me either, I hope he looks like Ty." Adleigh peered over to where Candace's husband Josh, Tyler, Wren and a few others were standing at the front of the boat.

"Wren is a perfect combo of you two, I'm sure Mr. Parker will be the same." The blonde swooped up her daughter as she began to squawk and took her towards her father as Adleigh leaned back against the padded bench seat one hand resting on her stomach.

"No matter what little guy, we all love you so much already."

Three weeks later after celebrating Canada Day and Adleigh's 32nd birthday the Seguin's loaded up in Adleigh's mommy-mobile, a more sensible Range Rover than the Jeep she'd driven for so long, and headed South to Dallas, Texas. A long two-day drive later they arrived home and Adleigh decided next year and for the foreseeable future with two kids and two dogs they would be flying to Canada, their driving long-distance days were over.

July was gone in a flash turning to August in the blink of an eye, after celebrating Wren's last birthday as an only child Adi began the nesting stage at hyper-speed. From arranging and re-arranging Parker's nursery almost daily, cleaning, pre-cooking meals, to just waiting for his arrival by making sure things were all set just in case she went into premature labor Adleigh was all over the place. All of her nervous antics made her husband into a basket case, Tyler got weary every time his wife made a noise or reached for his stomach in fear that she'd gone into labor. Leaving her to go to the rink gave him anxiety and he hoped that she would safely deliver their son before pre-season training camp began.

All the while Wren had not a care in the world, oblivious to the fact that in the drop of a hat her life as an only child would be gone forever. The toddler would ask questions every once in a while that let her parents know she was aware that things were going to change but it wasn’t until the trio was having dinner at Jamie Benn's house one night they Tyler and Adleigh began to worry.

Jamie and his wife Katie, like Tyler and Adleigh had begun their family quickly after marriage (which took place just over a year after Tyler and Adleigh's) but unlike his line-mate Jamie had 2 kids and another on the way before Tyler even announced he and his wife were expecting their second. The Benn kids, boys Hudson (3) and Carter (2 months), and little red headed girl named Finley (2) were a rambunctious group who loved running their parents wild. While Hudson Benn and Wren were the best of friends the only Seguin child saw just how stretched thin and slightly outnumbered her "aunt" and "uncle" were.

As she sat on her father's lap at a pre-season team barbeque in late-August Wren asked the question that sparked Tyler and Adleigh's nerves, "Are you guys gonna be cway-zy like Aunt KK and Uncle Jamie when P gets here?"

At first Tyler laughed and looked to his wife for a way to answer the question but then he saw the child's point, when he saw the stressed look on Jamie's face. His line-mate had baby Carter in a harness on his chest making all sorts of noise while trying to have a conversation with another teammate, while Finley screamed for her dad across the yard. A few feet away his eldest Hudson was crying his head off after his mom had forced him to get out of the pool, his wife looked like she was about to lose her mind too.

If she hadn't already.

The Benn's house might as well have been a zoo exhibit and it was right then that Adleigh and Tyler realized they were a few weeks away from adding to their own wolf pack.

Before Tyler could answer his daughter his wife shook her head and straightened the little girl's braid, "No baby, you know Uncle Jamie and Aunt Katie aren't always so scattered. Daddy and I will be the same, there'll just be one more baby for us to take care of."

Wren's green eyes looked back and forth from her parent to parent, "Are you still gonna 'wuv me?"

Simultaneously Tyler and Adleigh let out laughs, as Tyler pressed his lips into his daughter's hair Adi spoke, "Absolutely, Wren Isabella. Mama and daddy are going to love you forever, you're always going to be our little girl."

"No one can ever replace you, Dub. Just like Mama said, you'll always be our little girl no matter how big you get or how many brothers and sisters you have. Okay?" Tyler added tickling the toddler until she smiled.

"Okay. Can I go pway with Hudson now?"

And off she went.

That night after settling Wren into her room down the hall and finally getting comfortable considering her nearly 9 month pregnant size Adleigh stared at her husband who laid beside her in the dim bedside light. Neither of them had to say a thing to know what the other was thinking. Could they really handle two kids? Were they about to lose their freaking minds? Was their four year old right, were they really going to forget about her?

It was nearly 20 minutes of silent staring later that Tyler opened his mouth, and as usual he had all the right words. "Y'know, our parents managed to have us and our siblings and we all turned out fine.. So that means we're genetically inclined to know how to handle this 2-kid thing right?"

"Did you really just use to science? Mr. I didn't go to college."

Tyler shrugged his shoulders and reached out to touch his wife's face, "What I'm getting at is that no one is ever ready for another kid, I mean they may thank they are but two is a lot more work than just one. So we just have to take it one day at a time."

Adleigh exhaled and ran her hand over her stomach, "I guess you're right, at least we're not outnumbered."

"Yet." Tyler added raising his eyebrows.

Adleigh rolled her eyes, "Y'know, men should have to carry a child before they get all excited about having kid after kid. Your children are big, Seguin! If Parker has your big head I want a C-Section."

"Hey, I do not have a big head! And they are OUR children, babe, Wren didn't get that sass from me."

He had a point Adleigh thought to herself, "We do make pretty cute babies."

"That's why I'm saying we're not outnumbered yet."

"Easy tiger, let's see how two goes first. I'm not sure I can handle more than one mini version of me and one mini version of you." Adleigh admitted feeling a few kicks as she spoke to her husband. "Apparently Parks agrees, he wants some time as the baby of the family."

Pushing over Tyler hovered over his wife's belly placing his hands on either side of the round flesh, his lips placed where her belly button once was, "Alright little guy, how about just the four of us for now? Y'know your mama and I, and even your sister can't wait to meet you."

At that Tyler felt movement under his hands a smile growing across his lips, "So you're excited too? Well, I hope you come out soon but only if you're ready. But, also before September 17 daddy has to go back to work that day."

Adleigh giggled and shook her head as her husband attempted to negotiate with their unborn child, little did they both know the child was planning to come sooner than they both expected.

Five days later after dropping Wren off at preschool and sending Tyler off to the rink for a workout Adleigh thought she would get a few hours of peace and quiet. She had just poured herself a glass of tea and was slowly stirring honey into the cup when she felt the familiar gush. As if she had peed her pants like a small child Adleigh stood frozen holding onto the kitchen island like it was the only grip on life she had.

Her water had just broke.

Her head was spinning in a hundred different directions, it was go time, she was in labor.

But she was also alone.

Taking a deep, calming breath like she had learned in Lamaze class when pregnant with Wren, Adleigh determined she wasn’t in much pain at all. As if nothing was wrong she placed her mug into the sink, grabbed her cell phone from the coffee table in the living room and dialed her mother's number as she made her way to the master bedroom to change her pants.

In typical Shayla fashion Adleigh's mother freaked out at her daughters call promising she'd be over in minutes to take her to the hospital, but Adi wasn't worried about that right then. She was more concerned that her husband wasn't aware she was in labor. As she gathered all of the bags she needed for the hospital and left instructions for the dogs for Jamie on the counter Adi began to dial all the Stars personnel numbers she had stored in her phone, call after call went to voicemail.

As a last ditch effort she called the head coach, she thought it was a long shot and didn't even know if the man would answer considering Tyler had only put his number in his wife's phone for a situation like such. Gnawing on her bottom lip Adleigh listened to the line ring and she breathed a silent relief when a questioning "Hello?" filled the line.

"Umm, Coach? Sorry to bother you, but uhh this is Adleigh Seguin."

"Adleigh? Well, what can I do for you? Tyler's in the gym." Of course he was, even though he didn’t want to go in for a workout this morning Adleigh had forced him out of the house. Now look where they were.

At that time Adleigh saw her mother's car coming up the driveway, "Well coach, I'm in labor so if you could please get my husband to answer his phone and meet me at the hospital that'd be great."

"Oh, oh my. Absolutely, I'll get him right now. Don't you worry, Adi he'll be there real quick." The older man was very reassuring just as Adleigh's stomach tightened and she drew in a sharp breath leaning on the window sill for support.

"Thank you, Coach."

The contraction lasted until Shayla practically flew through the home's large wooden front door, Adleigh side-eyed her mother as she rushed inside looking extremely frazzled. "How are you? How's the pain? Contractions? Dogs? Oh my god, where's Wren?!"

In her late 50's Shayla Reichman was still practicing law and still had the skill to throw a million questions at a person at once, but it was something both her children were VERY used to. "I'm fine, mom, really. The pain comes and goes with the contractions, which are about 20 minutes apart, water broke 30 minutes ago. The dogs are in the mud room and Wren is at school, it's Thursday."

"You're incredibly calm, Ads." The older woman noted as she took in the bags lying at her daughters feet and lack of dogs running around the house.

"Not on the inside, now let's go I just called Tyler's coach he'll be meeting us at the hospital. Dr. Vega has my room all ready for our arrival."

Like she missed her calling as a NASCAR driver Shayla Reichman managed to turn the 30 minute drive from the suburbs of Dallas to the Baylor University Medical Center into a mere 17. As if it were a movie the grandma to three children already ushered her daughter into the hospital making a scene screaming "Woman in labor, can we get some help over here?"

"Mother, calm down I am fine." Adleigh scolded as a wheelchair suddenly arrived at the front desk and an orderly ushered her to sit in it. As a woman dressed in pale blue scrubs leaned over the desk Adi smiled, "Hi, I'm Adleigh Seguin my doctor is expecting me. Dr. Vega?"

"Ahh, yes. Welcome, Mrs. Seguin we'll get you right up to Labor and Delivery."

An elevator ride and three signatures later Adleigh was wheeled into a birthing suite that mirrored the one Wren came into the world in four years ago. Quickly her t-shirt and sweatpants were discarded and exchanged for a hospital gown and she and her protruding stomach were hooked up to machine after machine. Nurses came in and out checking her progress while they waited for her doctor to arrive Adleigh's mother stepped out to call her own husband. Ben, who had hired a lot more help around Reichman Motors in his older age was placed in charge of picking up Wren and entertaining the child while her little brother joined the family.

Just as she closed her eyes listening to the slow beep of her IV drip the door to the room clicked open and in rushed Tyler, wearing presumably sweaty shorts and a t-shirt with a backpack over his shoulders and a car seat in the crook of his arm. "Baby, what did I miss? Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine. They just started some fluids, I'm about 5 centimeters dilated and we're waiting on the doctor."

Tyler breathed a sigh of relief, "Good, good. I told you I shouldn’t have gone to practice."

"Now is not the time for I told you so's." Adleigh reminded as the familiar pain of a contraction hit, at the change of his wife's face Tyler dropped the belongings in his arms and rushed to her side offering his hand. When it was over he flexed his fingers grimacing in remembrance of the last time Adleigh had given birth. Who knew someone that stood 5'4 and barely 120 pounds had such a vice grip?

"Does Wren know?" He asked setting on the empty space beside his wife.

Adleigh moved over a little to accommodate her husbands hockey sized butt, "My dad's picking her up when schools out, no need for her to see me like this."

"You're beautiful, babe. Always, beautiful." Tyler kissed her sweaty forehead as a knock on the door rang through the room.

Dr. Courtney Vega a short little Hispanic woman came into the room in pale pink scrubs and a white lab coat with her signature grin on her face. She waved at the two lying in the hospital bed, sanitized her hands and approached with an outreached hand towards Tyler, "Looks like daddy made it on time, how're you Tyler?"

"I'm good, can't wait to meet my boy." Tyler shook the woman's hand and smiled at his wife.

Dr. Vega looked from Tyler to the woman who would actually be doing the work today, "And you, Adi? How's your pain? Your nurse says you didn't feel too bad at admission, at halfway I'd expect some screaming."

Adleigh shrugged, "I haven't threatened his manhood or told him I hated him yet, so there's that."

"Well then, we've made progress since Wren's birth. Now, just so I know the plan you want an epidural? And a C-section at any sign of distress? Not that I'm expecting any, he's been perfectly healthy this entire pregnancy."

"Yeah, that's the plan. We're saving his cord blood as well, and Tyler wants his footprint on his back next to Wren's." Adleigh added nodding with her eyes towards her husband who'd had their daughter's footprint tattooed on his shoulder blade and would be adding their sons sometime in the next 48 hours.

The woman nodded along and tapped the information into her iPad, "Will do. Now you two get some rest, enjoy the quiet, call your friends, your family, whatever and I'll be back to check on you in a few hours."

Like the woman suggested and just as they'd done with Wren's birth Tyler and Adleigh called their family and "important" friends. Tyler had called his mom on his way to the hospital and it was a guarantee Jackie Seguin was already at the Toronto International Airport. His two sisters were awaiting photos and updates in Canada, while Asher and his wife Josie did the same right there in Dallas.

The only other person Adleigh had to call was Hannah, who now had an over 2 hour drive between them. Three years after Adleigh and Tyler were married Hannah's husband, Luke was given the opportunity to work for the Houston Astros baseball team a physical therapist. It was a huge deal and they of course took it with encouragement from their family and friends, so off the three McDaniel's went including their son Grady who's only a few months older than Wren to their new home in Houston, Texas.

Being that Hannah was a mother to two boys now having had Knox a little over a year ago as well as a full-time worker, Adleigh assumed her best friend wouldn’t be hitting the highway ASAP to be at her bedside. But she knew that Hannah would be there as soon as she could over the weekend and for that Adi was grateful. Just hearing her voice and encouragements meant the world to Adleigh, no matter the distance between them Hannah was always going to be her person and the Godmother to both of her children.

Her happy-go-lucky attitude quickly changed when the contractions increased in speed and intensity, she squeezed Tyler's hand with such force he was fearful of his hockey career, and cursed like a sailor on leave. When the doctor came in to assess her progress both she and Tyler were relieved to hear it was time for the epidural which would alleviate most of her pain.

One poke of a needle later everything below Adi's waist was numb and all the things in the world seemed right again, she no longer wanted to kill her husband and birthing her son once again didn’t feel like the end of the world. It was 6:43 PM when Dr. Vega spoke those important words, "It's time to push" to Adleigh.

She nodded, gripped Tyler's hand and went to work bringing life into the world for the second time. She was small but she was mighty, and Adleigh had never looked more beautiful to Tyler than right then. She was an amazing woman, when they heard the first cries of their son Tyler could have sworn his heart stopped and Adleigh fell back onto the stack of pillows relieved that it was over.

Their son was finally here.

Parker Elliot-Tyler Seguin came into the world on September 9, 2024 at 7:12 PM, he weighed 6 pounds and 9 ounces stretching out to an incredible 23 inches long (something he definitely got from his father). Just like his sister his not so little head was covered in a mass of dark hair, and like Adleigh dreamed he looked much like his father.

He was perfect in every way in the eyes of his parents, from the moment he was laid on his mother's chest Adleigh knew she was long gone and so in love. That little boy had her heart, his father's, and would steal so many more, maybe even break one or two down the road.

After checking to make sure both mom and baby were healthy and the area was deemed safe for the eyes of a 4 year old, Shayla, Ben, and Wren were welcomed into the room. Parker laid cocooned in his mother's arms and Tyler sat beside her bed with longing eyes.

Ben smiled at the sight and gave his son-in-law's shoulder a squeeze after sneaking a peak at his newest grandson who was swaddled tight in a pale blue blanket a little cap covering his head, "You did good, son."

"Thank you." Tyler smiled as he watched Wren stand on her tippy toes next to her grandma to peck her baby brother's tiny forehead.

The little girl's finger softly rubbed the new baby's tiny cheek with a huge smile upon her face, the four adults in the room admiring the precious moment without saying a word. "Hi, Parker I'm your sister. I 'wuv you very much."

At that Tyler felt the tear trickle down his face, it wasn't the first he'd shed that day and it probably wouldn’t be the last but seeing the three people he loved most in this world interacting right in front of him made him very emotional.

He was one lucky man.

After holding their grandson and doting on how lucky they were to have such a cute bunch of grandkids to their name Shayla and Ben excused themselves to the waiting room leaving Wren for a little alone time with just her parents. Tyler squeezed between Adi and the bedrail wrapping his arm around her shoulder and settling Wren in his lap while his wife held Parker in her arms.

In quite possibly the smallest bed in all of Dallas Tyler Seguin had all he ever wanted and much more than he'd ever dreamed.

A beautiful and loving wife, someone to grow old with and cherish day in and day out.

A daughter, that taught him so much more than he'd ever thought he'd need to know with her Mama's eyes and the kindest heart.

And a son to carry on the family name and to share all the things he'd learned from his father growing up.

The party kid from Boston was long gone as if he'd never existed and here he was a son, a husband, a father, a multi-time Stanley Cup Champion, a man of his word, and most importantly he was happy exactly where he was.

If he never stepped foot onto the ice again that would be fine as long as he got to have this memory for the rest of his life. His entire world smashed between the rails of a twin bed, no amount of Stanley Cups or gold medals could ever replace this immense feeling of happiness.

Being a father? That was the real prize of life.

Waking up beside the love of his life every morning and reading princess books to his little girl to end each night was the best life Tyler could have ever dreamed of, and to get to do it all with Adleigh? He'd never understand how he got so lucky. But for some insane reason she was his and he was hers until the end, and he'd never want anything more.

/////////////////////////////////////////// E N D //////////////////////////////////////////////////////

( Just a little extra info that shows the Seguin's life even further down the road )

Tyler Paul Seguin, born January 31, 1992 (38) is a retired Canadian professional hockey player now coaching in the American Hockey League. Born in Brampton, Ontario (Canada) to Paul and Jackie Seguin, Tyler is the eldest of three children, younger sisters Candace and Cassidy reside in Toronto, Ontario. After playing minor hockey in Plymouth, Michigan, Tyler was drafted in 2010 by the Boston Bruins of the National Hockey League. Seguin spent 3 seasons in Boston claiming a Stanley Cup championship in 2011 at the age of 19.

In July 2013 he was traded to the Dallas Stars where he spent the remainder of his professional career. Seguin became an Alternate Captain for the Stars in 2018 and remained one until 2026 when he took over the role of Captain after line mate, Jamie Benn's retirement. Seguin led the Dallas Stars to a Stanley Cup Championship in 2028 before retiring at age 38. Upon retirement Seguin had 4 Stanley Cup rings, 2 Olympic Gold Medals, and 8 World Championships to his name. His signature #91 has been retired alongside Jamie Benn's #14 in the Dallas Stars organization.

In August of 2031 Tyler Seguin was named the head coach of the Texas Stars, the AHL affiliate of the Dallas Stars.

In June of 2019 Tyler Seguin married Texas native Adleigh Ruth Reichman, the daughter of Dallas based business owner Benjamin Reichman of Reichman Motors and Shayla Reichman a Dallas attorney. She has one younger brother, Asher Elliot Reichman, 28, a biomedical engineer in Dallas, TX. Adleigh attended the University of Texas at Austin on a cheerleading scholarship in 2010, she trained as Elite Cheerleader for 13 years prior at Cheer Athletics in Plano, TX. While at UT she majored in Sports Marketing and Public Relations, in 2014 she graduated Magna Cum Laude.

Before joining the workforce, Reichman followed her dream of being a professional cheerleader, she was a member of the Dallas Cowboy's Cheerleaders for two seasons (2014-2015). After retiring from cheerleading Adleigh began working in the Cowboy's Corporation as a marketing assistant eventually working her way up to being the Special Events Coordinator. Tyler and Adleigh began dating in January of 2016 and married three years later on June 29, 2019 in Dallas, Texas. As of September of 2032, Adleigh Seguin began working as the Community Outreach Marketer for the Texas Stars Hockey Club after 14 years with the Dallas Cowboys.

The Seguin's have three children, daughter Wren Isabella Seguin (12) was born in 2020, son Parker Elliot-Tyler Seguin (8) arrived in 2024, and their youngest daughter Lorelei Austen, also known as Rory (5) joined the family in 2027. The family of five and their two dogs, goldendoodles Zeke and Puck currently reside in Cedar Park, Texas during hockey season and vacation to Toronto, Ontario during the offseason.

The Seguin children have followed in their parents athletic backgrounds each expressing interest in sports. Wren Seguin trains as an elite gymnast at Capital Gymnastics in Austin, TX, Parker Seguin, is a peewee hockey phenom for the Texas Jr. Stars hockey club where he plays defenseman, and Rory Seguin at just 5 years old swims competitively for the Cedar Park Nitros.
♠ ♠ ♠
And that folks, is all she wrote.

This story is officially over, and I hope it was everything you dreamed of.

I think i managed to cover every storyline from the main characters to Hannah, Jamie, and even Tyler's dogs. Now obviously I made up a large portion of the end of this making Tyler a captain after Jamie's retirement and becoming an AHL coach (which I can totally see him doing) but I hope you enjoyed it. I know that somewhere in fantasyland Tyler, Adi and their three presumably adorable kids are happy together! :)

Now to the thank you's.

WOW!! I cannot believe how popular this story got! Honestly I've started many stories and never finished them, (sorry if anyone was really into Tires & Ice or Special Delivery, I lost motivation but if you're interested in knowing how I envisioned them ending just message me!) but this story took off and it's because of all of you the readers! Your encouragement through the comments and messages made me want to keep writing! I expanded this story many times and never imagined we'd wind up here at an epilogue! CRAZYYYY!!

So thank you all so much for the 280 subscribers the nearly 140 comments, the private messages, and the recommendations! Ya'll rock!

From the bottom of my heart, thank you!

maybe i'll be back someday with another story! :)

xoxo - A

Ps. HOCKEY IS ALMOST BACK!!!!