Status: C O M P L E T E D | 9-28-16

Give Into Me.

My Heart is Set On You.

"Alright everyone, 2 glasses of red, a martini, a disgusting Bud Light for Max, and a Jack n Coke for Ads," My eyes trail from the TV hanging from the ceiling to follow the sound of Delaney's voice as he unloads a tray of drinks onto our table that's crowded with our other co-workers. Everyone reaches out for the drinks they had ordered and as I take a sip of my Jack n Coke I close my eyes, a sweet ending to a day from hell at work. Working in the National Football League is fun for the most part, but there a couple games a year that really take a toll on everyone in the organization. One being the almighty Thanksgiving games, there are three played on that day and one always belongs to the Dallas Cowboys. Lucky us, right?

Wrong.

Americans love Thanksgiving, and in Texas we tend to do everything bigger so with the boys in blue playing the afternoon game which tends to get the most views we have been gearing up to put on one hell of a show inside the stadium just in case the action on the field is a little lack luster. I mean they are playing the undefeated Carolina Panthers, things could go terribly wrong. Add in the fact that the halftime show is Luke Bryan this year and you have a recipe for one busy, stress filled day. The only thing that makes working on the USA's favorite holiday is the fact that my family will be in the stands, just as they have been since the day I joined the DCC. Growing up we would watch the Cowboy's play on TV, but after I started having to work on that fateful day the rest of the Reichman's took to watching the game from the stands and having dinner on Black Friday instead.

"Here's to only having 3 more days until this damn game is over!" Max, the only other male in our little work group cheers holding his glass of beer up for a toast. There's a chorus of 'cheers' from the rest of us before taking long sips of our drinks

"So, Ads do you get to work with Luke Bryan at all on Thursday?" The girl on my left, a new addition to the office named Olivia asks taking a sip of her martini.

"No, halftime is being handled directly by CBS. I have a pretty easy day once they kickoff, should be able to actually sit with my family this year." Each of us are given 5 tickets for family and most years 2 of my tickets go to waste because I don't have time to sit down nor do I have a plus one to fill my other seat.

"Well that sucks, he's about as good lookin' as they come." Olivia chimes with a grin and I smile along with her, Luke Bryan sure does know how to shake it.

"Oh, no Liv Ads has more of an athlete taste." Del adds from across the table earning an eye roll from me and a chuckle from the rest of the group.

"Shut up, Del! I'm sorry, the Stars were more interested in me than you!" He mocks me by clutching his heart before cracking a smile.

"No worries, hun. Adam is all that I need, he should be here soon too." All of the girls chime in with an childish 'Aww' as Delaney talks about his boyfriend Adam, they are the absolute cutest couple. He blushes and takes a drink of his wine before reverting his attention to his cellphone and I'm thankful right then no one questions his comment about my affection for athletes.

Conversations break off and I find myself in one with the other girls about off-season travel plans. There's a good two month break even in the offices where things have cooled off enough that we can just work from home and get away. A blessing after such a grueling season, last year Hannah and I went to France did a few weeks touring Paris and the Islands just wasting our vacation days and ignoring adulthood. But this year I had yet to really think about it. When my glass was empty I ran to the bar grabbing a fresh glass of my main man Jack with a splash of Coke. As I stood waiting for the refill I watched the door when it opened at the push of three tall men I turned away. Of course those three would show up in the same damn bar as me.

Tyler and I haven't talked much since our little tiff after the wedding and I'm not sure if it's because we've royally messed up by admitting our feelings or if it's because we've both been hella busy. I hope for the latter. Sitting back at our table I flip all of my hair to my back keeping it out of my face striking my conversation back up with my office neighbor Maddie and Olivia. As we speak Maddie's eyes wander off and I can tell she's watching someone. "Mads are you okay?" I ask regaining her attention.

"Oh, yeah I'm fine. More than fine actually, that's uhh that's Jamie Benn over there right? Or am I horribly mistaken." Of course she would be staring at the three I'm trying to avoid. Turning slowly in my chair I look over matching my instincts to none other than the three amigos, Jamie, Jason, and Tyler.

"No, you're correct. That's Jamie, Jason Demers, and Ty.. I mean Tyler Seguin." The last part gets an eyebrow raise from Olivia.

"Aren't you going to go talk to them? Your buddies with Seguin, right?" Taking a big gulp of my drink I shrug at Olivia's question.

"Yeah, we're friends. Maybe later, I'll go say hey."

"No need, they're on their way over." Maddie states her voice 3 octaves higher than usual as she watches the three men make their way over to our table. Before I can react I feel the weight of two hands on my shoulders squeezing my muscles and pulling my hair. "Ouch, dammit Jason!" I don't even look before scolding the man turning to face a beaming Tyler Seguin in surprise.

"Try again, Adi." He smirks and wiggle out of his grip.

"Easy on the grip, Ty we're not all made of muscle." I rub my hand over the sore spot on my shoulder as his grin fades.

"Sorry, just thought I'd scare you."

"How nice of you, uhh, Maddie, Olivia these are some of my friends or you probably know them as the Dallas Stars. Jamie Benn, Jason Demers', and the biggest pain in my ass Tyler Seguin." I point to each of them as if the girls even need an introduction, both of their faces have grown red as they wave and I point down at the three guys now at the other end of the table. "Oh and the guys down there are Del, you've all met him and his boyfriend Adam, and Max our IT guy."

Once everyone is faintly familiar with each other conversation settles back in, Maddie who had once had her eyes on Jamie fell into the trance of Jason and I wasn’t sure if it was cute or if I felt sorry for her. Jamie stayed to the side of Tyler as we talked around Olivia who apparently clammed up in the presence of hockey players.

"So are you guys celebrating something? Are we interrupting the party?" Jamie asks and I shake my head no.

"No, just unwinding from the day. Thanksgiving week is hell in the office."

"Isn't it supposed to be easy? It's only a 2 day week." I swallow the last of my drink and laugh at the winger.

"Maybe if we didn't have to work on Thursday, it's all hands on deck all week long at the Cowboy's Corporation." Knocking the ice against the walls of my glass I can see Jamie and Tyler's faces cringe.

"That sucks! Do you get to eat? Isn't that the whole point of American Thanksgiving?" Tyler comments and I roll my eyes as the Canadian in him comes out.

"I forget sometimes that ya'll are Canadian, it's not the point of Thanksgiving but it is the highlight unless you live in Dallas. Then the highlight is the Cowboy's game, but to answer your question yes, I do eat. My family does dinner on Friday instead."

"So you spend your whole day at the stadium?" I nod as Jamie questions grabbing my glass and heading for the bar. Talking about work past office hours seems to make me thirsty! As I lean against the bar another body lands beside me, looking to my left I'm greeted with Tyler's bearded face.

"So what are you doing for Thanksgiving, Mr. Maple Syrup?" I ask sliding my glass across the wooden bar.

"Wow, good one!" Tyler jokes shouldering me lightly, "I think I'm going to Fidd's for dinner, nothing too crazy."

"Well, if you were nice to me I might have an extra ticket to the game."

"Nice to you? Hmm, I don't think I like the Cowboys enough to be nice to you."

"Wow, you really are an ass sometimes, Seguin." A new drink appears in front of me as Tyler looks at me shocked.

"Who said I was an ass?" He really sounds offended.

"I was just kidding, calm down."

He huffs and grabs the beer that's been placed in front of him, "So this ticket, who would I be sitting with? Don't you have to work?"

"I do, but this is the one time a year I get to sit in the stands. So it'll be my family, me and well you if you want." I am crazy. I am insane. Why in the hell did I just ask the guy I'm not even sure if I'm willing to date if he wants to spend Thanksgiving with my family? The family he's only met once? Lock me up and throw away the key.

"Oh, uh." Abort mission!! He obviously doesn’t want to go!

"You can totally say no, it's fine. Just thought I'd ask," Trying to escape the awkward I step back from the bar only to be caught by Tyler's hand.

"No, I want to go I was just ugh thinking dinner at Fidds is at 7, we could totally do both."

"We?" I counter, really having to look up at him in the low heeled combat boots I had worn to work.

"Yeah, you said you do dinner on Friday with your family. Why not get two Thanksgiving's in?" My poor diet.

"Oh, right. Well I don’t want to impose, it's a team thing. I've never even met, Fiddler right?" How many excuses can I throw out before I get to escape having dinner with half of the Dallas Star's roster?

"Pretty sure I get a plus one, it'll give you a chance to meet the rest of the team and some of the girls." Girls. Wives? WAGS, they'll eat me alive.

"Can I think about it?" Sensing my nerves that adorable and understanding smile drapes across Tyler's lips as he nods his head.

"Yeah, think about it. But either way, I'd love to go to the game Adi."

"Okay." I leave him with a nod heading back to my friends way more on edge than when I left. Olivia has left and Jamie's taken her seat while Maddie and Jason continue to get to know each other.

"Scare off the little blonde one, Benn?" Tyler asks and I can't hide my laugh as Jamie scowls at his linemate.

"Well you two were gone forever and Jason has that one mesmerized so she just got up and left." He tries to defend himself but I know that between his awkward demeanor and Olivia's not a word was said while Tyler and I were gone.

"No worries, Jame. Liv's probably not your type anyway."

Rolling his big brown eyes Jamie takes a sip of his beer before asking "What took you guys so long, anyway?"

"Trying to figure out our Thanksgiving plans, Adleigh is being difficult." Tyler sasses and I give him a sharp look from across the table.

"Imagine that, are you coming to Fidds then Adi?" Jamie asks from my left.

"Not sure yet, maybe. Ugh I don't know…" Nervously I fiddle with the stack of rings on my fingers.

"Ads I promise no one is going to eat you, you'll be fine. You should come, it'll be fun." Jamie's offer strangely sounds a lot more sincere than Tyler's as I stare across the table at #91.

"Humor me and answer this one question, are the wives mean? The Cowboy's wives are kind of mean. I really don't want anything to do with a room full of bitches." And that would be the three Jack n Cokes talking as I immediately want to stuff those words back in my mouth.

The laughs that burst out of both Tyler and Jamie make me nervous, why are they laughing at me? Am I being that ridiculous!?

"Seriously? That's why you don't want to go with me, you're afraid of the wives?" Tyler ponders and shyly I nod my head in admittance.

"They're really nice, Ads all of them. Jordie's girlfriend Jess is actually dying to meet you, Tyler just won't let her and the older ones with kids are too busy to hate you." Jamie explains the dynamic and look over at Tyler for a little reassurance.

"Come on, do it for me." He sticks out his bottom lip and whips out a fabulous case of the puppy dog eyes.

"Only if you promise to never do that again." With a smirk draped across his lips Tyler leans across the table holding his pinky finger out to me, accepting his gesture I link our smallest fingers together and agree to spend Thanksgiving night with the Stars.

A few days and almost an all-nighter at the office later Thanksgiving settled upon the city of Dallas. Wearing a Cowboy's blue t-shirt dress and shoes I could practically run in Del picked me up just before 8 am, I tossed my tote bag holding an outfit fit for watching the game from the stands in the back of his Mustang as we made our way towards the Jerry Dome. We arrived extra early to AT&T Stadium and dove straight into our work, the only difference this time was that my phone was on loud just in case I needed to field any questions from my family or Tyler. When I alerted the Reichman's that Tyler would be joining us for the game it was well accepted, my mother (who I believe has a little bit of a crush on him) was thrilled and I know my little brother is ready to pounce on him with questions and I'm sure embarrassing stories of my youth.

With my partner in crime, Del at my side we've run around like chicken's with our heads cut off for hours and with just an hour left until the gates open for fans to enter the stadium the PR crew gathers upstairs for a quick lunch to recharge our batteries. Everyone rushes through the food lines loading their plates up with catered Thanksgiving classics before plopping into chairs, for some it’s the first time they've sat down all morning. As I'm chewing my bite of not so good turkey my phone chimes with a snapchat notification, tsegs91. As the photo loads I lean back in the chair my spine crackling as l move around, when I tap the red box to reveal the photo I can't help but smile.

Before my eyes for 10 seconds only is Tyler wearing a white Cowboy's jersey, "Do I really have to wear this?" is written across the bottom. I snap a picture of my plate to send in return as taking a selfie right now is a little too awkward, "Of course, if u wear mine maybe I'll wear yours ;)" This morning I had Hannah drop off a box on Tyler's front porch mocking the day he had his jersey sent to my gym, I had yet to wear his jersey yet but I thought maybe the Patriots lover could use a little more Cowboy's blue for today's outing. Minutes later as I chewed through another bite my phone went off with another snapchat, this time it was just a photo of Tyler's dogs. "Fine, I'll see you soon!"

Shrugging Tyler off my mind I decided to give my family one last reminder that they would have a guest with them for a short period of time before I was set free of work. I gathered all 3 of the Reichman's into a group message and attempted to lay down the law.

Adi: friendly reminder that Tyler will be with ya'll for a bit before I'm off the clock. No embarrassing me, please. Ash please be nice and no mom we're still NOT dating. Thank you, I love you all! See you soon, go blue :)
Asher: What's the fun in that? Maybe I should bring some of your baby pics…
Shayla: Oh no worries honey, he'll be fine.
Shayla: Asher Elliot you will do no such thing.
Ben: Where are our seats?
Adi: nice priorities dad, 100 level as usual. Please rein in your son.
Ben: impossible, sweetie. See you soon!
Asher: haahah they sooo love me more.
Adi: go back to Austin, please.
Shayla: play nice you two, shouldn’t you be working Adleigh?
Adi: ouch mom, goodbye.

Typical family banter with my relatives, oh what fun it is to have a little brother. NOT.

The flood gates opened and as the stadium filled with faithful Cowboy's fans and a sprinkling of Carolina lovers brave enough to face the masses, I worked the field with our few VIP guests not named Luke Bryan. They came and went fleeing to their luxury box way before their time was up giving Del and I an easy out for once, I checked in with the cheer staff making sure they had all they needed for their halftime performance with the 'Entertainer of the Year'. Once my jobs were all taken care of and my boss was off my back I grabbed my bag from the press box and headed for a bathroom to dress down before kickoff.

As I struggled to jump into my dark wash skinny jeans my cell phone began to vibrate from its perch a top the toilet paper holder, "Shit" I muttered as I stumbled trying to get my left leg through the tight fabric as I nestled the phone into the crook of my neck. "He-hello?" I stuttered tugging the two sides of fabric together to button them as the voice on the other end began to speak.

"Where are you? Please tell me you're coming like right now." Tyler's voice sounded nervous and antsy and also muffled like he had terrible reception.

"I'm changing then I'll be up, what's wrong?"

"Changing? You're wasting time Ads!"

"Simmer down, there was no way I was watching a game in a dress Ty. What's up?" I put the phone on speaker as I pulled a grey Cowboys sweatshirt over my head topping that with a vest and stuffing my feet back into the grey booties I had put on this morning.

"Your brother won't shut up and I'm about 90% sure your mom did a background check on me, it's like she knows everything! The only good thing is your dad's dead silent just drinking a beer, I need help!" Could this have gone any worse?!

"Shit, well she is a lawyer she probably did! I'll be right there. I am soooo sorry." In a flash I stuffed my discarded clothes into the striped back threw it over my shoulder along with my purse and half ran to the elevator making my way down to the lower level as fast as I could. As the car came to a stop I stepped out looked for the right direction and almost jogged my way through the crowded concourse until I found section 108. Row 6 came up faster than I expected and I heard my name before I saw the empty seat, following the voice to my little brother I gave a half assed smile and excused my way into the empty seat between Tyler and my mom.

"Please tell me you didn’t wear this to work, Adi. That's very unprofessional dear." My mom states sternly looking at my outfit up and down.

"Of course not, mother. Hence the bag." I gesture to the bag before stuffing it under my seat.

"Good, these are very nice seats this year." I nod to her and look over at Tyler who's staring ahead at the field.

"Ty," I whisper gaining his attention as he locks eyes with me, "I'm sorry, I told them to just be nice. I didn't know they were going to interrogate you, really."

He shrugs and I can see the white jersey peaking out from beneath the black jacket he has on, "It's fine, I'm just glad you're here now. By the way, Asher shared some interesting stories with me, something about Disney World jail?"

Oh no he did not.

"Asher! Seriously of all the stories, that one?" I lean forward staring sharply at my little brother who has a smirk drawn across his face beneath a Cowboy's ballcap.

"It's a good one! How many people can say their sister got arrested at Disney World for doing cheer tricks in the fountain?"

"First of all I was NOT arrested, I was detained until mom came to get me. Second of all they are not tricks they are stunts, you should know that." Sitting back up I cross my arms over my chest with a huff, you do one stupid thing when you're 16 and never live it down.

"You're cute when you're mad." Tyler leans over and whispers in my ear almost making me crack a smile but most certainly causing a blush to creep onto my cheeks.

"I'm always cute, Seguin." He doesn't counter as the stands grow quiet waiting for the ball to be kicked off, as it sails threw the air into the hands of a Panther I look down the row to my parents. My dad has his arm around my mom's shoulders and it's adorable, they're busy people so when they do get to spend time together it's sweet. Then there's my brother who's already on his phone doing lord knows what, leaving Tyler and I. We settled into the game unfortunately watching the Panthers make their way to another victory, halfway through the second quarter I felt something on my shoulder. Looking to my left I saw fingers and traced them back over to Tyler who's arm was now draped across me like a heated scarf. It was comforting, nice actually so I leaned into it.

After the fabulous halftime show put on by Mr. Bryan chock full of booty shaking and high kicks, by the cheerleaders of course Asher pulled out his phone and called for the most epic family selfie ever. Plus one new addition. The photo turned out great and once it was out on social media Asher felt like the coolest guy ever all of his friends commenting how badass it was that he knew Tyler Seguin.

Leaning over to Tyler I nodded over at Asher who's fielding his mass of texts "Well, I think my brother has a crush on you now too."

"Too? Aww, I knew you had a crush on me Ads."

"I meant along with my mom."

"I'll take that, Shayla looks good for her age." Rolling my eyes I look back down at the field watching the shit show unfold. As time ticked down I reached beneath my seat for my bag and checked my watch. We had a little over an hour to get to our dinner plans and I still needed to change and do last minute checks.

"I have to head back down, finish up some paperwork and change. Where do you want me to meet you?"

"Uhh, I have no clue what the street was named. Can I just go with you?" Deer in the headlights, I'm sure that's what I looked like when Tyler asked that.

"Shh, sure? I should be able to get you downstairs… Mom, Dad we're heading out I've got some work to do before we go to Tyler's friends." With a grin on their faces both of my parents waved us off and wished Tyler a wonderful Thanksgiving and good luck on tomorrows game.

With my bag over my shoulder I jogged up the steps towards the concourse typing Del's number in as I went almost leaving Tyler in the dust, "Hey, I'm on my way down. And, I uh I have Tyler with me."

I could just envision the look on the blondes face as I spoke, "Oh I didn’t know it was bring your boyfriend to work day!"

"Bite me, Walker. I'll meet you in the office." The door to the elevator popped open allowing us to step inside.

"Trouble downstairs?" Tyler comments leaning against the stainless steel wall.

"Nope, just Del giving me a run for my money in the sass department. We might be a little late to dinner," I look down at my watch and Tyler shrugs.

"Oh well, fashionably late right?"

"Yeah, come on. If anyone asks you're with me. Or y'know you could just pull the 'I'm Tyler Seguin, everyone loves me card'."

"Yes ma'am," Tyler mocks with a laugh, standing up straight I put on my game face as soon as my toes step out of the elevator onto the lower level concrete floors I'm in work mode and running at max speed. Del is in our makeshift office two folders in front of him and having a one way conversation through his earpiece when we walk in. I get a nod from him at the table towards a stack of papers so I reach out for them and a ink pen, going straight into signing off on today's paperwork.

"That was Drake, apparently he wanted to be the first one out of here. So, all we need to do is sign these and leave them with Amy and we're home free. Hey Tyler, nice to see you." Delaney looks over at the end of his instructions addressing Tyler as he runs out of breath. Tyler waves as sits at the end of the conference table staring me down as I sign away.

"Not much here surprisingly, no casualties today! Thank God, alright I'm done." Dotting my last 'I', I cap my pen and slide the papers back into the navy blue folder.

"Alright, get out of here. I'll run 'em upstairs." Smiling at Del I get up press a quick kiss to his forehead muttering a quick "Happy Thanksgiving" in my passing.

Tyler leads the way outside towards the parking lot and that's when I realize I forgot to change, "Shit!"

"What?" My sudden outburst frightens the man as he unlocks the G-Wagon.

"I forgot to change!" I pout reaching for the passenger's door.

"Seriously? You're fine." Tyler laughs starting the car and backing out of his spot.

"Nope, I'm changing in the back." Tossing the tote in the back I undo the seatbelt and as gracefully as possible dive into the back of the SUV.

"You're serious? Ad's isn't this is illegal."

"Live a little, Seguin. Just drive and don't look." The last part is a little far fetched, he is a guy who's about to have a half naked girl in his back seat. Boots are kicked off first, followed by wrestling my skinny jeans off which in theory sounded like a good idea to do in the back of a moving vehicle proved to be extremely hard. So hard that I kicked Tyler's seat about 10 times, he wasn’t thrilled.

When they were finally off I pulled the sweatshirt over my head shivering as the blast of air from the air vents hit my skin. By the time Tyler pulled into the neighborhood the Fiddler's lived in I was fully clothed and sitting in the backseat like a child. As he stepped out of the car Tyler pulled the Cowboy's jersey over his head leaving him in a white 3/4 quarter length sleeved shirt and dark jeans, a classic Seguin look. He opened the back door tossed the jersey into the floor board and offered a hand to help me out of the car, what a gentleman.

"Thank you," I say smoothing the blue fabric down my thighs as Tyler grins at me.

"No problem, do you feel better now?" I can sense the sarcasm in his comment as we approach the front door.

"I did, until I realized what I'm about to walk into." Tyler stops just shy of the front steps sliding a hand around my back staring straight into my soul in the dim lights that are dancing off the large brick house.

"You're going to be fine, Ads. If I thought all my friends would hate you do you honestly think I would still be busting my ass for this? For us?" Way to hit me right in the feels Tyler before feeding me to the wolves! At that I can't help but stare down at my shoes, gnawing on my bottom lip. "Adi?"

"No, okay. Let's go in, I'm sorry I'm freaking out over nothing." Tyler hugs me quickly before skipping up the steps and ringing the doorbell. A few seconds later a brunette woman appears at the door with a glass of wine in her hand and a little girl at her feet, she smiles at Tyler greeting him before looking behind him at me.

"Hey Chrissy, sorry we're a little late."

"Don't worry about it, Ty we've had a little setback with the turkey. Come on in, you two." She steps to the side allowing us into the gorgeous house and I can see her looking me up and down. "You must be Adleigh? I've heard a lot about you from the other guys, seems you've been a big hit lately."

"Oh umm, I'm not sure about that! But it's nice to meet you."

"You two dear, now Ty the guys are in the kitchen, I know shocker there! They're attempting to salvage dinner," She stops and looks over at me, "Vern wanted to cook a turkey, I let him, worst decision of my life. Anyway, you can join them in there I'm stealing Adleigh so she can meet the rest of the girls."

My eyes grow wide as I look up at Tyler a large smile across his face as the brunette chats away, "Go ahead, see you later Ads."

With no escape I follow the woman through the house to what I would assume is the 'man cave', quite the roll reversal going on today in the Fiddler household. The room is full of women and children a TV is playing some sort of cartoon and there's a bar in the back the top covered in bottles of wine. Heads turn as the two of us walk in and I look around for at least one face that looks familiar, no such luck. The blonde I had met at Tyler's pool party was not in the room but about 5 other blondes and 3 brunettes stared back at me.

"Ladies this is Adleigh, she's Tyler's new girlfriend." Whoa Nelly! Hold your horses lady, as soon as she says that I start shaking my head otherwise.

"Oh no, we're not dating. Tyler and I, we're uhh we're just friends." The heat on my face could ignite a fire I'm sure as I stutter through my defense and Chrissy looks almost as embarrassed.

"I am so sorry, I guess I shouldn’t have assumed. You know what they say about assuming!" She laughs breaking the ice in the room and I let out a sharp stream of air.

"It's fine, you're not the first one." Before I know it I have a glass of vino in my hand and I slowly begin to feel at ease. The women have all introduced themselves to me and I try my hardest to place them with their husband in my mind, a hard task when I've only met most of the guys in passing. Settling into a spot on the couch I clutch my glass and watch the kids playing on the floor, feeling the seat next to me dip I look over the seat now occupied by Abby Sharp. A beautiful blonde also new to the group, a transplant from Chicago who came with her husband Patrick and their two girls Sadie and Madelyn.

"So, were you nervous?" Her comment questions me off guard, peeling my eyes off the kids to look over at her.

"Huh?" I question.

"Were you nervous to meet us? I was terrified in Chicago, I've been where you are. We all have,"

"Oh, uhh yeah. Was it obvious?" Sipping my drink I try to shield my nervous habit of biting my lip.

"A little, but I'm new here too. We can be new together, seeing as my girls already like you." She had a point there, Maddie Sharp was the first of any of the girls in the room to compliment me, she liked my pretty hair color and my dress.

"Thank you, I'll have to take you up on that offer if I ever brave the box." One step at a time Adleigh, for now the stands are just fine; where the beer flows and Hannah can be seated right beside me. Yeah I think I'll stick to the stands for a while.

"So, what do you do? We don’t hangout much with the others since we have kids, I've missed the dish on you." Abby asks swirling the liquid in her cup the light reflecting off the huge diamond ring on her left hand.

"I think I like you even more now, but I work for the Cowboy's marketing and PR. And I'm a cheer coach."

"Oh!!! You're the Cheerleader! Patrick said one of the guys was dating a DCC, he met you at the game right?" Busted.

"Yeah, well I'm retired now. But I was on the squad, Tyler seems to tell everyone that little fun fact." As I shake my head at her excitement a man fills the doorframe wearing a 'kiss the cook' apron.

"Alright ladies, dinner is served!" The man cheers and I presume him to be Vern as Chrissy is the first one up and pecks his cheek before following him towards the dining room. Food fills the long 12 person table and small Mickey Mouse table sits in the corner for the kids, Tyler sits beside me as the area fills up with hockey players and their gorgeous better halves.

"So you survived," Tyler whispers leaning over his lips almost on my ear.

"I think I like them, thanks for bringing me." He just nods as the feast begins, the food vanishing from the serving dishes quickly as the talking is replaced with the chatter of forks and china plates. When the eating slows conversation picks back up and I find myself really getting to know the Spezza's, Fiddler's, and Sharp's all mixed with the usual chirping of the Benn brothers and Jason Demers. The Dallas Stars have a great family like bond that I'm glad Tyler has sort of brought me into, new friends are always welcome in my book.

When the mess is cleaned up and the food comas have begun to settle in Tyler settles in next to me on the floor of the living room as the late football game plays on the TV. At halftime he yawns and I check my watch it's nearing 9:30, I'm exhausted and have been going for a near 14 hours. "Are you ready? We have skate before the game and I'm beat."

"Aww poor baby," I roll my eyes, I think I'm the only one that worked today!

"Hey, we had practice this morning thank you very much!" Oh, I didn’t know that they practiced on holidays.

"Alright sleepyhead, let's get going." Tyler stands up his knees cracking in a disgusting fashion as he rises and offers a hand to pull me up, I accept using my free hand to keep my dress down as I stand on my feet. On our way to the door Tyler is given bro-five's and hugs all the way and I bid my new friends goodbye, Abby is the only one who hugs me and I'm confident I really made a friend in her. I thank the Fiddler's for having an outsider for dinner and make my way out to the SUV not looking forward to the cold leather seats on my bare legs.

I'm in my own little world soaking in the heat the car is giving off when Tyler starts to speak turning the radio down so that I can hear him, "Your parent's right?"

"Yes please." I answer and he continues the drive the first of many Christmas songs spilling through the speakers.

Tyler puts the black car in park outside my parents house as I unclip my seatbelt simultaneously reaching for the door handle to let myself out. As my foot hits the pavement the driver's side opens too and Tyler joins me on my side as I grab my purse and tote bag from the backseat. With his hands stuffed in his pockets I can see him watching me as I sling the leather purse over my shoulder, resting the tote in the crook of my left elbow.

"Well, that was a lot more fun than I anticipated." I break the awkward stare down and he cracks a smile too.

"Even Canadian's enjoy American Thanksgiving, Ads."

"I see that, thanks again for inviting me. I'm glad I went, the girls aren't so bad."

"You think you're ready to hang out with them then?"

I shake my head side to side, "Patience grasshopper, give me a little while." I step closer to him leaning up on my toes to press a quick kiss to his cheek, "Besides, I'm neither a wife nor a girlfriend."

Pulling back I can see his eyes are closed and when my feet are flat on the pavement once more I begin to walk up the drive turning back to him a few steps away as he stands there looking stunned. "Good luck tomorrow, 91. I'll be watching."

And with that I disappeared into the two-story stone house leaning against the thick red front door as soon as I closed it. Trying to hold myself together around that boy is getting harder every time we're together it's a struggle. But I know I need to be strong, it's not time yet.
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel like this chapter sucks, and it's a lot of filler. But she needed to meet the WAGs! And who wouldn't be intimidated walking into a room full of beautiful women? We all know hockey wives are all GORGEOUS. (Ps Abby Sharp is my fave, and I really miss Sharpy in Chicago)

I also just really love the banter of these two, bickering one minute right into longing gazes. Is he ever going to try and kiss her? Hmm ;)

Let me know what ya'll think! Seriously your comments are my favorite thing about writing! I can't believe how many this story already has and 9 recs!! Thank you guys :) xoxo -Al