Status: I hope you guys enjoy my romance novel!

Perfect Angelic Heaven

Chapter One

Jeanette Avari watched the scenery pass her by as she made her way down the long highway. She made the decision to move from the hustle and bustle of Crest Haven, Massachusetts, not with people knowing that she was the daughter of the mayor Susan Avari. She travelled hundreds of miles in hopes of getting away.
The roads were long, endless and sometimes even troublesome but she did not see it as much of a problem since she loved travel anyway.
Although the roads were clearer than when she left home; the semi quietness was interesting that many of the street signs she passed were for places she only read about the moment she opened her map. There was one place by the name of Flint, which from her research had fallen on hard times after the auto industry left at the beginning of the new millennium.
Looking at the gas monitor she decided now would be the best time to get off the road and refill the gas tank before she arrived at her final destination. Looking over her shoulder making sure no one was coming from the right, Jeanette drove into the exit lane and up the ramp to enter Carpenter Road where from her vision she could see a small neighborhood, which had houses that were different from the ones she grew up seeing every day.
She looked on the left side of the road and saw that across the bridge there was a small store with cars parked in front of the store almost on top of one another while others were trying to find a space to park in. Ok maybe this city was a little bit different than home. However, that was fine since she was only passing through.
She looked up at the traffic light and saw that it had turned Green. She looked both ways before turning onto the road. She took quick glances at her surroundings and a white sign bearing the words “We Believe!” stood in a field surrounded by a small flower bed adding a nice touch that drew attention away from the old house that appeared to have caved in.
Crossing the railroad tracks, Jeanette smiled in relief that the gas station was closer than she anticipated. She was grateful it was not too far away, as she was not sure how long the gas in the tank would have lasted or how many hours it would have taken her to find a station. She gave a small giggle pulling into the station to fill her tank back up and ask how long she was away from her final destination.
There was something good at least, maybe no one here had heard of any news regarding her family or knew of them. It would not be too fun if she did not have to deflect a sudden swarm of reporters hoping to get the latest scoop. Of course, she learned at the age of twelve that it was best to keep some things under wraps.
Turning off the ignition, Jeanette unbuckled her seatbelt, opened the door and got out of the car. The scent of gasoline, cars on the street passed by on their way to their destinations and the sound of people calling out greetings to people they were acquainted with. She opened the gas tank’s door and unscrewed it to fill up the tank. She hoped that she was not too far off.
While she began filling up the car she pulled out her phone and looked at the map. Her spoken directions had stopped working when she entered Ohio. The sudden shift in directions that caused it to give up on instructing her may have been the culprit.
Jeanette finished filling the tank and retrieved her card from the tank’s electronic card reader. She began walking towards the store to buy snacks and ask for directions. Hopefully her destination wasn’t all that far.
Entering the small store, the first thing she noticed was that there was a rack full of electronic charging items for phones and tablets ranging in prices. Some more inexpensive than the others. Walking down the rows upon rows of various foods she stopped in front of the refrigerators and opened the door.
“Faygo?” she titled her head to the side in curiosity wondering just what brand of soda this was. She looked up at the various rows of flavors and her eye fell on the one that was light blue. “Cotton Candy flavor…? This is new.”
With a nod she shut the door and walked down the first row she came down and picked up a packet of hostess cupcakes to snack on. Waiting in line she looked at the nearby rack of hair care items, and socks. She picked up the packet of rubber bands.
Once it was her turn she placed the items on the counter and smiled gently at the Arab man standing behind the large plastic glass. It wasn’t something she was used to.
“Excuse me, do you know how to get to Frankenmuth Michigan?” she asked reaching into her purse and pulling out money to pay for the items. “I am not sure how far it is from here.”
The man shrugged. “If you get on I-75 North it’ll take you straight there through Birch Run.”
“I-75 North,” Jeanette wrote down the directions on a sheet of paper she had in purse. She looked up at him.
“Oh please honey, you don’t need to get on the highway to go there,” A short woman with medium-brown skin and short wavy brown hair wearing a pair of blue jeans and a white T-Shirt adjusted the bag of Fritos in her hands. “If you get on Dort Highway and go all the way down then you’ll be there faster and beat the rush hour traffic too.”
“Oh thank you, that makes it a lot easier,” Jeanette crossed out the directions and wrote down the ones the woman gave her.
“No problem, I take it you’re not from around here are you?” the woman asked sitting the bag on the counter while reaching into her pocket to pull out the money she needed.
“No, I am actually moving to Frankenmuth from Massachusetts.” Jeanette explained. “I got a new house up there and I am hoping to find a job while I am there too.”
“I see, well if you ever need any help around here I am always available to help.” The woman paid for her chips. “My name’s Rosa Johnson, I am a normal resident around here, I live over on Austin down the street from here.”
“I will keep that in mind,” Jeanette walked outside and towards her car. “Thank you so much again Miss Johnson for the help. I’ll invite you over when I am done unpacking for tea.”
“That’d be lovely,” Rosa handed Jeanette her address and phone number. “Don’t be a stranger and please visit soon.”
“Ok, bye bye.” Jeanette smiled and got into her car as she started it again. She looked over her shoulder seeing Rosa get into her car where there were four children waiting. “She’s a grandmother, how sweet.”
With one more glance Jeanette pulled out of the station and began heading down the street on her way to Frankenmuth.

“Why can’t I write anything?” Banging his head on the bottom desk Selenio Micheli looked up at the screen and massaged his temples. The blinking I beam was mocking him against the blank white document. It had been a few days since he wrote a single word, he was past his deadline and he knew his literary agent was growing impatient with him.
Ever since he could remember he chose the profession of a write the moment he realized that he held a gift for grabbing the attention of readers. He remembered his first job at the newspaper as a paperboy, the joys of printing presses and people coming in with news was the life he had grown to love.
“Selenio we’re going up to the Bavarian Inn for dinner do you want to join us?” a young woman with lightly tanned skin and muscular build with short brown hair styled in a flip.
“Do you need me for a designated driver?” asked Selenio asked curiously. “Or are you and Alan not going out drinking tonight?”
“We’re going out for drinks and we’re taking Maria with us so we don’t need a designated driver this time around,” The woman shrugged. “And you need a night out, you’re getting those weird wrinkles on your head. You’re starting to look like a bulldog.”
Selenio shook his head, brought his hand up to his forehead as if to straighten it. He couldn’t leave his workspace yet then again he knew he’d succumb to a string of cabin fever if he didn’t leave the house.
“Come on, you need to stretch your legs.”
“I don’t know Kaho.”
“Just one evening out and then you can chain yourself to your computer for eternity,” Kaho slapped him on the back and laughed loudly.
“Fine…give me a few minutes to get ready,” Selenio pulled himself away from his computer and headed over to his closet to grab a pair of jeans and a shirt. Maybe Kaho was right about going out instead of witling his life away in front of a screen. His offer to
“Hurry up now or else we’ll leave you behind,” Kaho walked to the door leaning against it with a small smirk. “And remember you offered to be designated driver tonight.”
“Wait I didn’t!” The door slamming behind Kaho made Selenio stop and reevaluate the idea of having to deal with drunk friends sober. Well at least later on he’d get drunk when they were home alone. He’d just need to stop at the store to pick up some beer.

“Let’s see, I turn left and ah ha I found it!” Jeanette pulled into an empty parking space in front of the apartment. The architecture was beautifully crafted as if she stepped into Germany. This was her new start and she was going to make the most of it.
She got out of the car to get a better look as she walked towards the door holding her new key in tightly in her hand. This was a rather quiet place that was top pick on her list of places to keep safe from the prying eyes of the press.
“Well here goes nothing.” She unlocked the door entering the entry hallway. There was a double doored brown closet which she immediately decided was going to be her closet where coats that belonged to her guests would go. As she walked down the hallway she saw the kitchen was rather small so she made a decision for her kitchen table to go on the wall closest to the left wall.
As she walked out of the kitchen she walked towards the staircase and looked up at it. She’d explore the upstairs once the moving van finally arrived with the rest of her furniture and belongings. Walking towards the door she headed outside to her car to take what little she could fit in the small trunk.
“Last one outside has to buy the first rounds of drinks!” called out Kaho exiting her own apartment. She crossed over to the sidewalk only to run into the new neighbor that moved in.
“Oww damn it, why don’t you watch where you are going?!”
Jeanette rubbed the side of her head groaning softly. “It’s fine I didn’t see you there.”
“It’s fine,” Kaho stood up dusting her clothes off, she held out a hand to Jeanette. “Hey are you new here? I’ve never seen you around here before.”
“Yeah, I am moving in,” Jeanette took Kaho’s hand pulling herself up from the floor. “I live next door, my name’s Jeanette Avari.”
“Nice to meet ya I’m Kaho Tachibana, I live in the apartment next door.” Kaho smiled brightly. “And before you ask, I grew up here and my grandparents moved here before I was born hence the last name.”
“Oh right,” Jeanette nodded while walking to her car to grab a few boxes to take in. “So you live here with some family?”
“Nope, roommates,” Kaho shook her head and laughed softly. “Two guys and a girl, all we need is a pizza place and we’d be set.”
“Must be interesting,” Jeanette sat the boxes on the ground next to her car and leaned against the hood. “I never really thought of taking roommates in since I left home because I used to share a room with my little sister.”
“Ah it must’ve been a pain in the ass to deal with,” Kaho shivered at the thought. “I am glad I am an only child.”
“Kaho are we going or what?” A young man with slicked back dark hair exited the apartment. “We need to get going before Maria and Samantha can’t hold our table anymore.”
“In a second, I’m meeting our new neighbor,”
“A new neigh—well hello.” The young man held out his hand to her with a small smile. “I’m Alan Chambers, I live next door and if you need anything just holler, the walls are paper thin so I can hear everything.”
“Thanks?”
“Stop flirting,” Kaho rolled her eyes and looked at Jeanette. “Anyway, I’m sorry about him. If you need ANY help even if it’s dealing with this guy just let me know. I’ll handle it.”
“Thanks!”
Kaho nodded and turned her head to the still open door. “Hey Selenio if you’re not outside in ten minutes I’m going to drag your ass out here!”
“Dude’s on the phone with his agent,” Alan shook his head. “He seemed distressed about the call but told me to come out here and wait with you.”
“I hope everything’s ok,” Kaho turned to Jeanette. “My other roommate Selenio is a science fiction novelist. He’s been having a bad case of writer’s block lately so he’s missed a lot of deadlines.”
“Oh? Maybe he needs some help, I heard it’s bad if a writer cannot write anything.” Jeanette looked behind them into the apartment. She hoped that Selenio was ok.
“Hey Kaho, I don’t think I am going out,” Selenio walked outside rubbing the back of his head. “I’m going to try to force myself to write something so my agent won’t drop me.”
“Are you serious?” Kaho made a face. “If you don’t go I’ll have to be designated driver. Just take your laptop with you.”
“I can’t work in a loud place like that,” Selenio sighed at the thought of trying to finish a chapter amongst the loud music and the drunkards around him. He did not need this.
“Oh come on please?” Kaho begged. “Even our new neighbor wants you to go.”
“But we haven’t ever,”
Selenio looked at the young woman and his eyes widened. He had seen her before but he could’ve been mistaken then again part of him knew that things didn’t work out with people having identical doubles.
“Hi, I’m Jeanette Avari, I just moved in next door,” Jeanette held out a hand to him. “I feel really bad you are having a bad time writing.”
“No, I suddenly feel like I can write thirty chapters in one day.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Dear Reader,
I have always enjoyed the idea of reading since I was a little girl. Visits to libraries and bookstores were always a thing that allowed me to slip away deep into the valley of imagination where it allows so many people to slip out of reality. You can find yourself in a world where you can meet interesting people and go into far off places. The magic of books can bring so much joy and enjoyment to people of all ages.
A magical aspect of reading is that you are able to see the feelings and hopes of the storyteller spilling onto the pages. The power of books allows you to see how much time flies when you are lost in a good book. Literature is one of the strongest and long lasting medium in our society today. The power of reading opens your mind to different possibilities, which at first comes off as impossible but achievable with enough belief of making the impossible possible.
I hope all of you enjoy reading this story as much fun as I had writing it.
Jeanette Avari is the daughter of a political figure with a dream of making a name for herself---without using her parents’ position of power. Selenio Micheli is a novelist with a plan to find inspiration for his next novel. But when he meets Jeanette at a charity function, he begins trying to put another plan in motion--Writing an expose on her family in which he believes will expose the truth of the feigned wholesome image he believes is a façade. What will happen when he realizes that the plan exposes something other than a feigned image? Do romance bloom from finding out things are not as they seem?
This story takes place in Frankenmuth, Michigan. My family and I have visited Frankenmuth for several years and we love it. Even when our winters are difficult to navigate the roads, summers in Frankenmuth are beautiful. If you ever get the chance to visit, do not forget to take in the sights and sounds from the small town. You will see why Jeanette loves it so much.
I would love to hear from you. Please visit me on the Web at http://charlesseallegra.blogspot.com/ and email me at charlesseallegra@gmail.com.write to me at http://charlessesantiqueroses.tumblr.com/

Thanks so much for helping my dream come true!

Charlesse Allegra.