Status: I hope you guys enjoy my romance novel!

Perfect Angelic Heaven

Chapter Two

“No I suddenly feel like I can write thirty chapters now.”
Jeanette stared at Selenio wide-eyed wondering just what Selenio meant by being able to write thirty chapters when he was suffering from writer’s block. “What do you mean?”
“You…you’ve filled me with inspiration,” Selenio took her hands into his and smiled. “Please be my muse, inspire me with your presence.”
“We just met,” Jeanette pulled her hands from his grasp backing up against the hood of her car as her cheeks burned a soft crimson. She quickly picked up the two boxes and rushed into her apartment so to get away from her strange neighbor.
“What was that about Selenio?” Kaho asked raising an eyebrow. “You freaked her out and what’s all this muse stuff?”
“Do you know how long I’ve been waiting for this opportunity?” asked Selenio with glee wringing his hands together almost like a villain from a movie. He sent up a small prayer of thanks for fate sending Jeanette to him. “I am going to find out the truth about the Avari family.”
“Are you still on that?” Alan questioned. “They’re most wholesome family in Massachusetts, and you want to try to find out negative aspects? The only thing they’ve ever done was under tip a server at a restaurant.”
“No, there is something more to their image,” Selenio looked towards the apartment with a raised eyebrow. “Why else would their daughter move from home?”
“Don’t do what you are thinking Selenio,” Kaho warned. “You’re treading in dangerous territory which could result in you being taken to court for defamation of character and then you’d be up to your ears in debt until you die.”
“It’s well worth the risk; I believe this will help further my career as a writer.” Selenio made the decision not even thinking of the consequences of his actions for going after the story. Do what it takes to get the scoop was his motto and he would follow it.
“You are going to get burned,” Alan shook his head but an idea came to him and he smirked. “In that case do it man, if you fail and make her cry she can run to me for comfort.”
“How about no?” Kaho shoved Alan on the shoulder. “Stick to chasing after Samantha instead of trying to chase after every skirt you see.”
“Fine…”
“Listen, you two go on without me,” Selenio said the wheels turning in his head. “I want to speak with our new neighbor and apologize for my actions.”
“I don’t believe that for one minute,” Kaho grabbed Selenio by the back of his shirt and dragged him towards her car. “You’re going with us so you can avoid gaining the reputation of stalker.
Selenio sighed but did not put up much of a fight against Kaho. The night out would give him at least a chance to plan how he’d get close to Jeanette to get her to expose her family for what they truly were.
Jeanette watched as her neighbors piled into their car and left the parking lot. She’d normally stay outside talking to neighbors but the moment that Selenio guy claimed that she inspired him to write, it almost made her want to throw everything back into her car and go back to Massachusetts. Were people that quick to take to someone they just met? Maybe she did seem a bit rude to run away but it was not as if she was going to stick around and let him force her into agreeing to be whatever a muse was.
“I should call home to let them know I made it here on time,”
Jeanette crossed the room and over to the table where her phone lay. She could see the various text messages from her younger sister wanting to know the progress of her trip and if she could send her pictures of the various places had she stopped at to rest. She nodded with resolute to take up on the task of calling home so they could know she was safe.
After all her parents probably were not very worried. They had a lot more to deal with than worrying about a daughter moving over four states. They had a city to take care of and her mother’s reelection campaign was around the corner as well. There was no room for distractions.
While mulling it over in her head Jeanette finally relented and called her parents hoping they were not too busy to talk.

The mayoral mansion of Corrin Avari the current mayor of Crest Haven sat atop a large hill amongst large trees, a garden where there were flowers in full bloom and a simple white picket fence surrounded the estate. The whole area was often looked at as a thing of beauty where as many others who passed by the estate were more intrigued with the inhabitants who resided there.
There had been word that the Avari’s eldest daughter had left the state to go on a trip to “find herself” while others believed that it was a start of a plan for Corrin to begin her fast track of running for President. Of course, those who knew the truth did not bother much in asking questions about it.
All they knew as that their beloved mayor was probably having the biggest meltdown in history at the worries that all parents felt when their children left the nest.
Crest Haven was always progressive in terms of many events. While they had their first female mayor in 50 years, it was also the age of showing that love in any form was acceptable. Even if some groups found fault with their mayor’s lifestyle, many others found it to be a breath of fresh air. Therefore, it was a progressive, modern, and accepting city.
The Avari family was the same way, they spent many evening together even when Corrin was stuck at city hall they would all change their plans and move them to the office where many people often wondered what the family nights were like. Some people believed they used the city’s funding to help with the events.
There was no proof so the people who believed it were often told by other people to stop trying to find flaws in their mayoral family and their activities.
The family’s image wasn’t false nor was it something used to gain popularity in the polls. They were truly happy and their values were genuine.
“When is she calling home?” Corrin paced around the living room in worry. She would stop every five seconds to glance at the phone before deciding to go back to pacing. It had been at least eleven hours since she left and the last phone call they had gotten was 10 hours ago.
“Corrin, relax I am sure that Jeanette is settling in her new apartment and hasn’t had time to call home.” Nerissa Avari walked over and placed a hand on Corrin’s arm to stop her from pacing. “You don’t need to worry about her.”
“I can’t relax Nerissa; I want to know if my Jeanette is safe.” Corrin resumed her pacing. Not only was she filled with worry but also part of her wondered if Jeanette had made it there in one piece. Considering that, she had a bad habit of nearly destroying every vehicle she got her hands on.
“Maybe it’d be better if you called her Corrin?” asked Nerissa. “That way you can calm down and my poor floor won’t be turned into a pit when you ware it out from your pacing.”
“That’s a good idea,” Corrin picked up the phone about to dial the number.
“Hello, mom?”
Corrin paused before even pressing a number and her eyes lit up with relief mixed with happiness. “Jeanette, you finally called home.”
“Yeah, I am sorry it took me so long I wasn’t sure if you were home or busy with your reelection campaign.”
“Sweetheart you don’t need to not call home I am always free to talk,” Corrin smiled gently as she pressed the speaker button. “So how was your trip?”
“And did you stop to ask for directions if you got lost?” added Nerissa.
“The trip was great, I saw a lot of sights when I was driving and I did stop and ask for directions once I was in the state.” Jeanette giggled. “I did meet some people here too…and a few of my neighbors.”
“Ah, as long as you haven’t met any boys there,” Corrin said instantly.
“Well I met two of my male neighbors who are…well they’re interesting.” Jeanette’s voice took on a tone of worry. “One of them went all wacko and said that I should be his muse.”
“That sounds nice,” Nerissa said. “Well the muse part not him going wacko.”
“You did shoot down his offer right Jeanette?” asked Corrin. “I don’t want to have to make a surprise visit to have a talk with him do I?”
“Don’t worry I ran away before he had the chance to ask me about it again,”
“All right, are you going to be ok on your own?” Corrin asked. “We can send your Aunt Celia there to look after you.”
“I am fine mom don’t worry,” Jeanette’s voice brightened. “Oh tell Olivia that I have pictures that I’ll send to her when I set up my computer.”
“Okay, I’ll let Liv know when she comes home from soccer practice,” Corrin’s voice suddenly filled with sadness. “We all love and miss you sweetheart.”
“I love and miss you guys too,” Jeanette tried to keep her tone of happiness in her voice. “But I’ll come home for Thanksgiving in a few months and then maybe you can see me during Christmas?”
“Of course anything you want, just take care of yourself ok?”
“I will, I love you guys, talk to you soon.”
“Okay talk to you soon.” Corrin hung up the phone as she looked down at the floor; tears were threatening to fall from her eyes. She really did miss Jeanette more than anything but at the same time knew why her daughter left home.
“Honey, don’t worry she’s doing ok.” Nerissa hugged Corrin from behind. “We will see her on Thanksgiving and we’ll even visit her on Christmas too so we’ll be all together again.”
“I can’t help but worry about her Neri; she is still a baby and needs us.” Corrin whispered. “What if she gets sick? Who will care for her or what if she decides to join a ballet dance troupe? Who will be there to cheer her on?”
“She is grown up now Corrin, we have to let her spread her wings and fly along her own path.” Nerissa did not want to admit it but she really wished that Jeanette were home with them. “Now, we should be going, we need to go pick up Olivia from soccer practice.”
“All right,” Corrin hugged Nerissa once more before straightening up and heading to the door to pick up their youngest daughter.
There was nothing to worry about and she knew that Jeanette would call home if anything went wrong. However part of her hoped that the strange neighbor she met would not be a problem that she would have to pay a visit to and warn him to learn his place.