Status: It is still developing into a fan fiction. I promise, it will get there.

End of the Day

Ivy's Peculiar Upbringing

Ivy Claire woke up to her three year old brother, Tommy’s, desperate cries. She could hear his feet slapping on the hard wood hallway floors leading up to her room. He quickly appeared in her bedroom doorway and pointed down the hallway to the kitchen but she already assumed her mom didn’t feed him today, maybe not even last night. This was her life. At the age of 16 Ivy’s dad had already left when she was five and the only thing she had to remember him was her mom’s sob stories about how she knew he never loved her and was just waiting for him to leave them behind. Ivy’s mom, Charlotte, was a low life who looked at life as a chore. She didn’t have a job and used food stamps for everything. Charlotte was a 35 year old women who could pick up guys but wasn’t any model. She brought home “man” after “man” hoping the next one would be the perfect provider for her and Ivy. Then, unexpectedly Tommy came along. Ivy knew the day her mom announced she was pregnant that she was going to have to be the baby’s caretaker. So when Tommy finally came along she already expected to sign her life away to the new bundle of “joy.”

Ivy rolled out of bed half awake and went into the kitchen to search for any scraps that were left in the pantry as Tommy climbed up on his cheap and cracked high chair that was covered in yesterday’s beef Ramen Noodles. Charlotte walked out her room, which rarely happened, in her robe and slippers with a pissed off look on her face. Ivy turned around and sarcastically said, “Do you think you can be a mom today?”, already expecting a no from her, Ivy placed her gourmet meal on Tommy’s high chair. Charlotte just snickered at Ivy and pointed to Tommy who managed to spill his Scrap Casserole two seconds after Ivy turned around to go clean up the kitchen counter with a smelly dish rag. “Well little buddy, that was the last of it.” she reasoned with a calm but unfortunate tone to her voice. Ivy cleaned Tommy up and grabbed him a shirt out of his closet that only had one crickety sliding door. His clean new shirt read, “BEST BRO EVER”. In her opinion it was a cute Goodwill find. After he was cleaned up and put down for his daily 1:00pm nap she threw herself onto her small, creaky bed and watched the kids in her neighborhood horse around with a soccer ball one house down. She always wished that could be her, but it never would be. Ivy couldn’t go “where the evil things were.”

That’s what Ivy’s mom told her anyway. Ever since Charlotte’s husband left her she pretended like she cared about if her children got hurt by people on the outside. She grew up being told horrifying tales of what people were capable of. Ivy was a gullible child and believed everything that was said by her mother who seemed to be trustworthy to six year old Ivy who had a wild imagination. Now, sixteen year old Ivy wasn’t so gullible and became curious of the outside world. At this point in life she wasn’t sure if her mom was just lost or honestly really didn’t care about her or Tommy. But Ivy wasn’t going to let her thoughts hold her back. Until her mom made a move to show her she loved them, what was the point in loving her back? The only thing keeping Ivy confined in the little house was her brother. At the end of the day Ivy knew she wouldn’t stay here forever. She was destined for bigger and better and wasn’t going to let that be unknown. Ivy was going to have her own dreams, goals, and aspirations in life. She wasn’t going to sit around and turn out like her mom did.