Status: It is still developing into a fan fiction. I promise, it will get there.

End of the Day

Tommy's Future is in MY hands.

Two years later….
I still live with my mom and Tommy, unfortunately. Everything has stayed the same except my little brother. Tommy is getting big and is 5 now! He can communicate with me, he’s walking, and I’ve discovered he’s got the cutest giggle I’ve ever heard. I’m officially 18 and have been thinking about the effects this lifestyle has had on me. All the dreams I haven’t accomplished, all the things I haven’t seen. I’ve decided I don’t want that for Tommy. For a couple of months Uriah and I have been pulling some strings. I have been sneaking out a couple times a week and going to my 12 hour job at the “Gerard’s Jungle” down the street. My mom doesn’t notice because half the time she’s so wasted she doesn’t remember her left from her right. I’ve been making some cash that I plan to use on an apartment and a cheap “get by car.” Once I can move out on my own, I’m going to court to win custody of Tommy. I’m not letting to let him waste 18 years of his life like I did. I don’t know when my plan will take action but until then I need to start the process of getting custody of Tommy.

Mom came home wasted again. I could smell Bourbon on her from a mile away. She hung up her keys, better yet, she’s driving. I heard the jingle of the keys then right after I heard a thud against the wall. It went from one wall to another all the way to the end of the hallway, where her bedroom was. I knew tomorrow morning would be the best day to sneak out and go talk with my banker and attorney. I swiftly crawled out of bed and dashed to the kitchen to put on some shoes and grab the keys before anyone heard me. I, ever so softly, twisted the handle until I heard the click of the lock disarm. I shut the door behind me. As soon as I stepped outside I noticed the bright sunshine that poured onto my face, it felt like the universe was just reminding of me that whatever was in front of me was going to be worth it. I half way skipped down the driveway and stopped right in front of my mom’s beat up Cadillac. It looked like someone died in there. But, a car is a car. I opened the door to find a spry looking Uriah. I didn’t know my way around so he felt obligated to help the “innocent girl from next door.” “How are you doing today, Ivy?” he exclaimed with a big pearly white smile. “I’m exhausted, Tommy cried all night because he wanted to sleep with me, which is not happening.” I halfway whined. “Oh the joys of motherhood.” Uriah said with a mischievous grin and eyes the size of a saucer. I stopped there in my tracks. I am like Tommy’s mother aren’t I? Memories were flooding back to me of all of Tommy’s milestones in life. His first steps, the moment he tried smushed peas for the first time and angrily rejected the taste, the first time he slept in a normal bed, his first laugh, the day I officially potty trained him. I never thought of myself like a mom until now. The thought makes me feel anxious. Did I do well enough? Right then and there I melted in my car seat. Tears started flowing down my cheeks uncontrollably, one after the next. My face was extremely hot and my palms were covered in sweat. How am I going to follow my dreams and raise a kid?
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like it! Two chapter tops until Hazz comes in!