Status: It is still developing into a fan fiction. I promise, it will get there.

End of the Day

So Many Steps Closer

Uriah looked at me like I had two heads. He was clearly caught off guard by my unplanned sob session. He reaches over to console me and wipe my tears off my wet face. We just gaze at each other for a second and then quickly snap out of the moment. After that I frantically shift in my seat. Awkwardly adjusting my shirt and my hair. “I think I should go.” he snaps after he realizes that I made a split second decision to reject him. “Yeah, that’s probably a good idea.” I say in a high pitched tone.

Uriah gets out, slamming the door behind him. I’ve never experienced that before. I kinda liked it, it just caught me off guard. I’ve read about the rush of energy you get in poems before but I’ve never really experienced it.
C’mon Ivy. Don’t let it get to your head. Just block it out.

I have to just forget about it. It means nothing. I shake my head like somehow it will erase the thought. I pull down the sun viser to fix myself. My wavy black hair has now turned into an afro from the humidity, my makeup is running against my pale, but, I do have a form fitting but classy, outfit on. It takes me a couple minutes to make myself look decent. I pull out the paper map Uriah printed out for me to get to both the attorney and banking officers. I’ll give it a go I guess. I slowly back out of the driveway. I’ve only driven alone once. This will be interesting.

After my adventure that consisted of getting flipped off a couple of times I’m here in the lobby of Quick Kash Bank. I bite my nails uncontrollably until I hear my name being called. I jolt my head up to see a tall average looking guy dressed in a tux with a wacky purple tie on. This place is kinda shady.

I walk into the room and sit myself down into the first cushioned chair in sight. He asks for my account number and pulls up my bank account. It says I have 10 grand. I did a double take. How? I’ve only been working at Gerald’s Jungle for a couple months. This isn’t possible. I open my mouth to reject but he explains someone has been inserting money into my account for years. It hit me. It’s dad. He cares? Well, I could care less who it came from. Now, I can move out faster. I fold my hands in my lap, enlacing my fingers together as I half-heartedly listen to the banker.

Once the meeting is over I rush to my car and get on the road. My other meeting is in 10 minutes. Once I arrive, I walk through the big glass doors and go straight into the meeting, the were already expecting me. I start telling my attorney my case. Throughout my explanation her face probably made hundreds of different looks. Feeling uncertain, she pulls out a file from he desk and sets it in front of me. I open it up. It’s my mom’s track record, it’s quite long too. “I’m going to be totally honest with you. I don’t like your mom at all. She doesn’t care about anyone but herself. She parties and is never a parent. The last I want to see is your little brother stay with her. You are already more mature than her at the age of only 18. The judges don’t like people like that. It’s a waste of their time. I can see if I can pull some strings, it probably won’t be that hard.
Wow. I wasn’t expecting such hatred to come out of her mouth. I will admit, I kinda like it.

“How long will this take do you think?” I ask her hesitantly. “If I can get the judges on my side without having to go to court 2 weeks tops.” she said with a proud smirk. “Oh, okay. Wow, um, that’s really soon.”I say. She looks at me concerned, “Are you sure your ready?” “Yes I know I am. I walked out feeling accomplished and confident. I’ve got this.

The next night I start calling different apartment complexes to get appraisals. I never knew the price of living was this expensive! I called one company and the worker on the other end got heated because I was so clueless. After searching for a while I found the perfect one. I move in on June 1st. That’s one week from today. After filling out form after form my phone starts buzzing. I look over to see my attorney’s number. I pick it up to hear “YOU GOT CUSTODY!” I was so surprised. I started giggling and a big white smile was painted onto my face. I have custody.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter you will meet Harry! I hope you guys like it!