Status: Stories do not intertwine, will go on forever.

Unfortunate Souls

The Goody-Two-Shoes, the Lazy, and the Cheat

Look, I was just kind of there. Jack was the one who came up with the idea. He was all, "aren't you failing math?", which I was, but it's not like I care too much. I was perfectly content with binge watching How to Get Away With Murder.

But no-o. Jack wanted to pass.

Well, Jen, Jack's sister, followed us, and next thing you know, they're having a shooting match. "If you get caught cheating, you'll be expelled!" and "Why don't you just go back to studying?" and even, "I'll tell Mom!"

Which, let's be honest, if Jack can get away with lying and cheating his way through Freshman year, I'm pretty sure he could get away with this test. But Jen threw a fit right there in the middle of the school parking lot, and after five minutes, I was sitting on the curb playing one of those car games on my phone.

Then the girl had the nerve to turn on me. "I thought you were better than this," and "Honestly, Kev, you don't care anyway," which I didn't, and I told her that, but then she got even more upset. Like, geez, this girl can yell.

At some point, Jack slipped away and when he came back, the test answers were on his phone, and Jen had spent so much effort yelling at me she didn't even notice.

In the end, Jen aced the test (because she "studied"), Jack passed with a solid C (because he cheated, but he couldn't be obvious about it), and I failed (because I fell asleep).

Jen had the nerve to yell at me again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Look, Ma, no angst!