Status: bellarke AU

Dust to Dust

one.

Clarke was walking, her shoes dragging along the concrete as she trudged forward, willing herself not to stop. The sun was beginning to set, casting shadows on the ground below her and she wanted to run and hide in them, shrinking away to nothingness with the sun, not needing to come out again until the day was fresh and new.

She could hear footsteps behind her, growing louder and louder and they got closer and it took all of her willpower not to run away to avoid facing the words she was sure were coming.

“Wait,” she heard a voice call out. Her eyes squeezed shut but he didn’t stop. She wouldn’t fall into his arms again. She refused to show him any weakness.

“Clarke, please,” she could hear the strain in his voice that he so desperately tried to hide. She could feel herself slowing, just slightly, the muscles in her legs tensing as they fought against her mind. His feet found their way behind her and his hand slipped around her arm, pulling her to a stop. Her eyes were cast downwards and she resisted against him as he pulled, trying to pull her around to face him.

“I can’t do this, Bellamy,” her voice was barely above a whisper and she cursed her vocal chords for giving away her emotions. She turned her body slightly, avoiding his searching eyes. Pictures of past fights flashed through her mind and she shook her head, trying desperately to erase them.

“I’m so sorry,” his voice was low, his hand on her chin lifting it up, forcing her eyes to meet his. “Please just stay.” His features were soft, hair falling into his face, and she tried to fight the feelings bubbling up inside of her. He inched forward, slowly at first and then all at once his arms wrapped around her small frame and she melted back into him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I dunno guys, I tried to do Bellarke