‹ Prequel: In the End

Unbroken

Chapter 10

A few days later, Andy and I are on a flight to Knoxville, Tennessee to take part at the Fanboy Expo which is like a Comic Con of sorts, we're going to be here for two days meeting our fans and we have a panel as well. For the first day of the event, I dress up in a Killstar 'Morgue Mistress' crop top that has a ribcage on it and a pair of studded grey tie-dye leggings.

I wear my crescent moon necklace, a pair of silver hoop earrings, silver spiked bracelets on one hand and my new bracelet with the cycles of the moon on the other with my silver cross and moon rings and a pair of faux leather booties that have buckles on them. And then for the next day which is the panel, I wear a dark red crop top, a pair of faux leather jeans and my high heeled boots with studs on the back of them.

On the way back home after the convention, things take a drastic turn for us. We were on the flight home and all I remember was taking a drink of wine before we left and I don't remember anything else after that. When we walk into the door, the feeling's completely different. Andy's been almost silent the entire time and I want to know why he won't talk to me. Did I get into a really bad fight with Andy? Because I don't remember anything since I decided to drink that night.

"Light?" I say, trying to get his attention and Andy shakes his head before walking completely out of the room and heads upstairs. I follow him. "Moonlight?"

He continues to start unpacking our bags, not a single word coming from his lips. Tears start to fill up my eyes and fall down my cheeks.

"Andy. Please. Talk to me," I start sobbing. "Please. Tell me what I did wrong so I can try and fix it."

"You seriously don't remember what had happened last night?" Andy finally speaks up and his voice is full of anger.

"No! I don't remember a single thing!" I sniffle. "What did I do that made you so upset?"

"You decided to drink and you made a fucking scene," Andy begins. "You told the world that I wasn't good enough for you and that I can't protect you. Now, I would've ignored that because I know that that's not true or who you really are at all. No, the one thing that made me angry and hurt me the most- you told me that I should've left you behind so that Blaze could kill you. That's what did it."

"Light-"

"You have no fucking idea how much that fucking hurt me inside, Lacey," Andy's voice begins to raise at me and I start to slowly back away from him. "I practically gave you everything I have, my heart, my trust and my love- I fucking sacrificed my life so I could save and protect yours from the abuse that you went through, for you to say something like you'd rather be dead than to live the life that I helped give to you, I can't just shake that off and tell you that everything's okay when it isn't."

I wipe away my tears and Andy just looks at me- I could see the anger in his ice blue eyes, but now that I could see past it, I saw hurt come over his features. More than anything. I felt so bad for doing what I did last night now that I had a straight answer.

"I'm sorry, Andy." I tell him as I sob again. "I didn't mean to drink last night and I didn't mean any of those words that I spoke to you. I will never ever say that I'd rather have you leave me behind and have Blaze kill me. Andy, you're the best thing that's ever happened to me. We're the best things that happened to each other. We had broken pieces inside of us that needed to be fixed and when we found each other, it all pieced itself back together. You're my rock, Andy. I can't survive without my rock. Because I wouldn't even consider living my life without your love, guidance and protection. I want you to know that what I said wasn't me- it was the shadow of the alcohol. I promise you that I will never pick up another glass or bottle again because I don't want it to destroy the life you and I have created together."

Andy takes a deep breath and his eyes start to soften at my red eyes from crying and the tears that fall down my cheeks. He sets our clothing aside and he walks over to me. I look at him before he slowly takes my hands in his and intertwining our fingers together, he squeezes my fingers and brings them up so he could kiss them before pulling me into an embrace. I breathe a soft deep sigh as I just rest my chin on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry too, sweetheart," Andy murmurs, rubbing my back gently with his fingers in a back and forth motion. "I hate having to fight with you because it tears me up knowing that I did or said something that made you cry and I don't ever want to see you cry because of me. I know you didn't mean it when you said those things, I guess I just got caught up in the moment and should've known better because of the alcohol. And I'm sorry for raising my voice at you. I know that it brings up a lot of memories because of what happened with Blaze and I didn't mean to scare you either. I hope you can forgive me."

"I can, as long as you can find it in your heart to forgive me too." I whisper as Andy nods at me. "Are we going to be okay now?"

"We're always going to be okay, honey," Andy says as he wipes away my tears with his thumb and presses a soft tender kiss onto my lips. "Always."

"I love you, Moonlight," I murmur as I wrap my arms around Andy's neck. His arms wrap around my waist as his hands rest against my hips as he rests his forehead against mine and closes his eyes, breathing in my smell as I do with his.

"I love you too, my beautiful Faith." Andy holds me closer to his body before kissing my forehead and letting me go so we could unpack together.

A few weeks later, Andy, Blayde and I fly out to Cincinnati to visit Andy's parents for Thanksgiving. I wear my silver hair up in a ponytail with this beautiful dark blue cami top I bought a few days back and a black leather skirt. I wear one of Andy's leather jackets and my crescent moon necklace, cross ring and moon ring and my new bracelet. We have such a wonderful time having dinner and just catching up. It felt nice to unwind after the chaos that had happened. Andy and I made up and we'll always be stronger together, like we've been since we got together. A couple of days after that, my band and I got offered to do a cover of a Green Day song for an upcoming CD that Kerrang Magazine is putting out with their new issue. Andy did a cover of 21 Guns and we did a cover of The Forgotten. We recorded the cover at John Feldmann's new studio.

Three more weeks after, it's Christmas. Andy and I unwrap gifts that we got for each other and for Blayde, we curl up and watch movies together. The following morning after that is Andy's 26th birthday. I wake up early to see my wonderful man asleep and he's got a soft smile across his lips. I then decide on going downstairs and start making Andy breakfast, what I decide on is something amazing. I make him a stack of Birthday Cake flavored pancakes and I even put in some sprinkles in the batter, I drizzle some warm icing over them and I stick one of the extra Batman candles we have laying around the house inside one of the pancakes and I light it before walking back up to our room.

"Happy Birthday, Dear Moonlight.. Happy Birthday to you," I sing and it makes Andy shift onto his side and wake up. He smiles at the plate in my hands and he sits up in bed.

"An incredible birthday breakfast for my lovely man," I say as I hand him the plate. "These are birthday cake flavored pancakes."

"Aww, Faith. You're seriously fucking perfect, you know that? Thank you so much, sweetheart." Andy says as he blows the candle out and he gives me a soft kiss on my lips. As he starts to eat, the first bite makes him almost melt and I start giggling at him.

"Is it that good?" I ask and Andy chuckles at me.

"They're fucking amazing, honey. Come over here," He cuts off a section for me and I walk over and sit beside him in bed. I take the bite and when I do, I see that he's right. Those pancakes are absolutely incredible and they do taste just like birthday cake.

"Do you want any more?" Andy asks and I shake my head at him. He's the birthday boy, it's his day. He should just enjoy those.

"No, Light. They're yours. Enjoy them, it is your birthday after all." I tell him.

"You're right. It is my birthday and nothing would mean more to me than to be able to share this with the woman that I love more than anything and the woman who's so kind enough to surprise me with this," Andy murmurs.

I then sigh but agree with him so he ends up splitting the pancakes with me and they were absolutely delicious. They might be my best recipe I've made as far as food goes in this house. After he eats, Andy just gestures to me and pulls me into his body so I rest in his arms. We snuggle in our bed for quite a while.

"So, Birthday boy," I murmur against his skin. "What do you want to do today?"

"Well, I can't do much because I have to leave soon to go to the studio for a few hours," Andy says. "And then John's dragging me to lunch because of my birthday with the guys."

I nod against his skin before looking up into his eyes. He softly moves strands of my hair from my face and behind my ear.

"You're just enjoying this until you have to leave?" I ask and Andy shakes his head. "I'm sorry you have to work on your birthday, Light."

"It's not all bad, sweetheart," Andy murmurs, softly pecking my lips. "At least I get to spend the morning with you and I get to be home on my birthday."

"Well, I have a surprise for you when you get home," I tell him. "So don't eat too much."

He nods and he presses a kiss onto my head. I smile slightly and after an hour of laying there, Andy has to get up and get ready to go to the studio. I sigh and force myself to get up as well and after Andy leaves, that's when I get my package. I bought a special set of lingerie that I wanted to wear and surprise Andy with later tonight. It's crimson, which is like his favorite color and it's a corset and has matching panties and garters at the bottom.

I go and hide it in the closet before I get Blayde up and dressed and go to the park with her for a while so I can plan on what to do for Andy. I decide on doing something romantic, like making him his favorite meal for dinner and having candles and rose petals out all over the house. I'll go get a small cake for us to share and then after that is when I'll surprise him with his extra special 'gift' of sorts. Blayde gets tired and we start heading back, she skips along the way with her blonde curls bouncing with each stride.

"Did you say Happy Birthday to Daddy, Blayde?" I ask and Blayde stops before shaking her head back and forth and I laugh.

"I did, Mommy. I gave him a drawing too," Blayde says.

"Good girl," I say. "So, Uncle Rob's going to come by and get you, you're spending the night with him and Aunt Bryiana and your new cousin, Kodah."

"Uncle Rob had his baby? Yay! I get to have a new playmate!" Blayde squeals and I chuckle at her.

"Just be careful around Kodah, sweetie. He's still very little." I tell her as we walk back to the house. Blayde runs inside and starts grabbing her bag. I head upstairs to help her pack and she had a bright grin on her face.

An hour before Andy comes home, Rob swings by and picks Blayde up and after she's out of the house, I start prepping for tonight. I go out and I get some rose petals and I lay them out in a path to the dining room and I put some upstairs to our bedroom for later on and I light candles.

I then go upstairs and change into my outfit, which is just a black laced crop top and a red metallic skirt, I wear my Faith necklace and my gold hoop earrings, a gold spiked bracelet on my wrist. I also wear my gold cross ring with my gold moon and star ring, I also wear a gold ring with a pretty red gemstone in it. I wear a pair of platform boots with spider webs on them as well to complete my outfit.

I brush my hair our and put it into a ponytail. I then head downstairs and I start making dinner for Andy and I, which is just steaks and salad and I set the table in the dining room. The last thing I do is set up some music to play from my IPod. The song that I have on pause first is a song that I listen to when I miss Andy while I'm on the road, which is 'Zzyzx Rd' by Stone Sour.

I then set the chocolate cake that I got aside in the kitchen with some candles and that's when I hear Andy come in. I take a deep breath as I walk out of the kitchen to greet my Light, who's wearing one of his many Bengals jerseys and his black jeans. He's amazed by all that I've done for him.

"What's all of this, my Faith?" Andy says as he puts away his leather jacket, his eyes and voice soft and full of love and appreciation for me. I smile as I walk up and wrap my arms around his neck as his hands hold my waist.

"I told you I had a surprise for you," I say. "So, surprise. I hope you like it, Light. I made you your favorite meal and I have your birthday cake for later and something else, if you're up for it."

"This is amazing, honey," Andy whispers. "Thank you. I mean that, baby. It means a lot to me that you would go out of your way and do this for me. I love you so much."

"I love you too," I murmur as he kisses my lips softly and sweetly before I take his hand and we head into the dining room. I then grab the remote for our stereo and hit play so Corey Taylor's voice fills the room. As we sit down to eat, Andy raises a brow at the music playing.

"Is this Stone Sour?" Andy asks and I nod as I take a bite from my plate before taking my hand in his with my free hand.

"It is Stone Sour," I tell him with a smile. "But what song is it? I'll give you a hint- I listen to this when I'm missing you while on the road."

"Is it bad that I don't really remember this song?" Andy says and I give him a light shove, making him chuckle.

"This is called Zzyzx Rd," I explain. "When you and I are away from each other- I listen to this song when I feel lonely at night and I miss you. It brings me a lot of comfort and reminds me that it's only for a while and that I get to see you again when I walk through this door."

"I can see why," Andy's fingers squeeze mine softly. "It's making me think about you too and the life that we have created together."

The song concludes and Andy leans in to give me a soft and tender kiss on my lips, my fingers rest on his jawline and move down his neck. He shivers at the feel of my touch and leans closer to it. We break apart and I look at him as he presses a light kiss onto the bridge of my nose.

The song changes and 'Taciturn' by Stone Sour starts playing. After we eat and I clean up the dining room table, Andy extends his hand to me and I take it. He pulls me into his arms as we both step in tune to Corey's voice. I have my arms wrapped completely around his neck and he sways me a little bit before spinning me around, making me giggle.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you. You look absolutely beautiful tonight, sweetheart." Andy murmurs as we continue dancing together. I grin and I peck his lips.

"Thanks, Light," I whisper. We stop after a while and we just hold onto one another and sway a little bit more. Andy presses a kiss onto my head and I have my chin resting on his chest and I listen to his heartbeat. I then bring him into the kitchen and I light the candles on the little cake that I got for he and I to share. He smiles at me.

"Happy Birthday, my Moonlight," I say. "I love you and thank you for always being my rock and my guidance and for always being there by my side when I need someone to be there. And most importantly, thank you for being my savior. I'd probably wouldn't survive without you coming into my life. You've given me the life that I always wanted and I'll always be grateful to you for that."

A tear falls down my cheek and Andy softens completely, his hand moves to cup my cheek as he wipes it away.

"Those may be happy tears, but I don't like it when I see you cry," Andy murmurs. "I'll always love you, Faith. And don't thank me, love. I'd do it all again for you in a heartbeat. You'll always be worth it."

He kisses me softly and passionately for a few moments before he leans in to blow out the candles and when he does, I sniffle and smile. We then walk over to the living room and split that cake between us and watch movies together.

After a while, I feel Andy start to press small but loving kisses onto the side of my neck and I sigh softly in pleasure. Our eyes meet each other as he kisses me again deeply and with more passion than he had earlier in the night. He picks me up with one arm and turns off the TV with the other as he carries me upstairs to our room. As he's about to set me down on the pillows, I stop him. He looks at me with a raised brow and I gave him a look that reassured him that he can always have trust in me.

(A/N: This is a very 'detailed' scene- if you wish to read further, by all means and if you do, listen to 'I Love The Darkness In You' by The 69 Eyes and 'Borderline' by The 69 Eyes. If not, feel free to skip it. -Tigerstar)

He nods at me and sets me down and I walk into the closet, I change out of my outfit and into the crimson lingerie that I bought. I pull my hair out of the ponytail so that it falls completely onto my shoulders and I reapply some touches to my makeup. I take a breath and I walk out. I see Andy's sitting on the bed, looking at his phone and I softly clear my throat. He hears me and when he looks up, his jaw drops to the floor. I give him a soft but seductive smile.

"Holy fuck." Andy says softly and I start giggling at him. I take slow and seductive steps to him and I stand so I'm practically in front of him.

"One last gift from me to you, my Light," I say. "I'm yours for the rest of the night."

He grins at me as he sets his phone on his side of the bed and he pulls me closer to him so I'm straddling his hips with my hands resting gently on his chest, his hands roam my body as his eyes darken with lust.

"So, Light," I ask. "Where do you want me?"

"Well, for starters," Andy murmurs. "I never thought my favorite color would look so fucking good on you. As much as I love this and I do love it, it's better on the floor."

He kisses me slowly and tenderly as he lays me down on the pillows and his fingers reach behind me to the back of my corset and he starts untying the strings. As soon as it's loose, he gently pulls it off of my body. He breaks our kiss and looks at me and my exposed bare torso before continuing his path of kisses from my neck down to the valley between both of my breasts.

He caresses both of them softly before kissing one and nibbling on me. I moan softly in pleasure and my hands run through his hair before he takes off his jersey and lays it aside next to my corset and I feel his warm skin brush against mine and it puts me back into the zone. My fingers start dragging along his skin and traces his tattoos.

"Faith," Andy says against my skin before he looks up at me. I nod at him. "Lay your hands the other way."

It takes a moment before I end up getting the hint and when I do, my hands slip off his sides and I put them so they're laying on his shoulder and one of them is in his hair. He then smiles at the feel of my hand in his hair and on his shoulder and he continues kissing me, his trail going down my stomach and with his fingers, he slides away the crimson panties, leaving me in my garters and fishnets only. I feel his lips move to where they really want to be. Once they get there, my head rolls back onto the pillow and I sigh softly in pleasure.

My right hand knots in his hair while my left nails scratch into his shoulder blade. After a while, Andy's lips trail back up my body to my own lips and we kiss again as my fingers unbutton his jeans and he slips them off.

Eventually, the last remainder of clothing is gone and Andy moves back so he's sitting up against the headboard of our bed. I stay on my knees across from him as I plan my next move and I bite my lip. He gestures for me with one of his hands.

"Come here," Andy's voice is super soft and velvet like and it makes me weak in the knees that I almost fall. He chuckles softly before grabbing my hands and pulling me closer to him. He pulls me so I'm sitting on his lap with my hands on his chest and things get more passionate between us.

As I readjust my hips so I slide onto him and his hands move to hold on to me, I just look into his loving blue eyes once more.

"I told you that I'm yours for the night," I say. Andy nods at me as his fingers brush down my skin.

"You did," Andy murmurs. "All I want to do tonight is make love to you. I'm not gonna go crazy or anything like that. I want to enjoy the moment with the one I love more than life itself. Because it's perfect."

I nod as he seals his word with a kiss onto my lips and we continue on in our passion.

We snuggle up close to one another, my head resting on his chest with my other arm draped around his stomach, Andy's arms wrapped around my waist with one hand on my back, rubbing it softly.

"Fuck, I'm 26 now," Andy says as he lays back in bed. "How in the fuck did that happen?"

I look up at him as he kind of nuzzles into my neck and I wrap the arm that has been resting on his stomach around his neck, my fingers knot at the hair on the back of his head.

"That's what I'd like to know," I say. "How in the hell are you still here?"

"Very funny, Faith," He pouts his bottom lip at me and pinches my side playfully, making me giggle.

"I'm just kidding, Light," I rest my head back on his chest as his arms hold me closer. "Maybe the world finally decided that it has a place for you after all."

"Just like it has with you," He whispers as he rests his chin on my head. "I don't think I've ever been more at peace with myself more than I have now."

"Now you know how I feel every single day that I get to be with you," I tell him as his hand moves to cup my cheek. "Every day that I'm able to spend with you, I'm at peace and I love the way that this feels. I used to completely live in the darkness until you gave me a reason to break away from that. You're the reason I broke away from that cage. You're the reason I still live and breathe on this planet. You saved me from death and torture, like the Batman that you are. You caught me in your arms and you choose to stay by my side when I couldn't fight anymore and you will always be my protector from anyone who tries to harm me. When I look at you, I see the light that will always shine throughout my days on this earth and I'll always be grateful that I get to be the only Faith for my Light."

He lifts my chin up with his thumb and he kisses me softly and deeply, my fingers tangle in his hair as his arms tighten completely around me.

"No one will ever know or understand just how much I love you, my Lacey," Andy kisses my forehead when we break away from our kiss. "You'll always be my Faith. You have been since that faithful day we met in 2012 and you will always be for the rest of our lives together. Nothing will ever change that and nothing will take you away from me or will get in the way of that."

"I love you too, Andy." I say. "I always have and I always will."

He kisses my temple and I close my eyes against the strong arms of my man.

A couple of days later, I'm graciously invited to be on Andy's talk show that he's been working on with his cousin Joe Flanders. I'm dressed in a faux leather jacket, a red camisole top, a pair of black jeans with rips in them and my favorite Iron Fist boots with the bat wings on them. I also wear my moon necklace and the bracelet with the phases of the moon on it, my moon ring and cross ring and a pair of silver hoop earrings with crosses on the bottom. The segment that they want me to do is read some 'positive' comments off of my Instagram, which sounds easier than it actually looks.

As I begin reading the comments like the smart comment that someone has a betting contest on whether my marriage to Andy was going to end, I could see the anger and sadness in Andy's face.

There was one though that really hurt me inside, this comment was made by someone saying that they're waiting for Andy to wake up and go back to seeing Juliet. I could feel a breakdown coming from within myself. I looked at Andy and I took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry, Moonlight. I can't do this," I say as I put the microphone down and I walk out of the studio before tears start falling down my cheeks and I hear Andy call for a commercial. I slid against one of the walls outside and I bury my face in my knees.

"Faith?" I hear Andy's voice as he steps out of the studio and finds me, his tone of voice is worried and sad. I look up and wipe away the tears from my eyes and I stay completely silent and not say a single word. He then kind of kneels down in front of me. "Sweetheart, it's okay. You know that things like that will never be true. I'll never leave you. Ever."

"That's what all guys say." I mutter as I sob again. Andy takes a deep solid breath and with his thumb, he lifts my chin up so our eyes meet.

"Love, you and I have been together since 2012." Andy murmurs. "Five years, honey. I've stuck by your side through thick and thin and you know there's no way in hell that I would suddenly just want to push you away and go back to the person who lied to me. Who cheated on me because I wasn't good enough to keep her happy and caused me so much pain and heartache. I refuse to be around something as toxic as that was for me."

I think about all of the times that Andy has been by my side and when he almost sacrificed his life and limb for mine. That's when it dawns on me that I know that Andy will never leave me behind. I know that because of what happened a couple of months ago at the airport. I then take a breath as I look into his ice blue eyes.

"I'm sorry, Light." I say. "You're right. You've always been right. I'm just overreacting and I know you wouldn't leave me for her. Just reading that comment hurt a lot."

"I don't blame you, my beautiful Faith," Andy takes my hand in his and lightly squeezes my fingers before kissing the back of my palm. "I blame the asshole who sent the message. Don't ever apologize. I love you and only you, that's why I married you. You're my soulmate. Not her. You just have to remember not to take these kinds of things to heart and not let other people dictate our relationship. Okay?"

I nod my head slowly as Andy leans in and kisses my forehead. He lets his lips linger for a moment before pulling away and wiping away the remainder of my tears.

"You wanna go back in and finish this?" Andy asks and I just nod at him. He gives me a smile and we walk back inside the studio with our hands intertwined. We will always be stronger together. Always. As we finish out the show, I end up resting my head on Andy's shoulder and he just smirks at me and rubs my back with his free hand.

"I love you," I murmur into Andy's skin and he leans down to kiss my temple.

"I love you too, Faith." He murmurs softly into my hair.