Chrome Visions

My Heart Beats With Failure And Longing Of You

A/N: i'm sooo depressed that I haven't showered in four days. I haven't slept either, and I haven't bother to even wash off the eyeliner that's been caked on my face. Everything hurts. The only thing that fucking helps is Green Day. I want Billie Joe to hug me and never let go. Abby told me today that she doesn't want to be my friend anymore because I gave her a razor blade and asked her to join me in this circus of misery. She called me sick and said that she was going to tell the counselor so I punched her in the nose and broke it. Long story short, I got suspended from school BECAUSE THEY LIKE TO VICTIM-SHAME! And my parents took away my computer, so I'm at the library doing updates and skipping off homework because fuck doing something so boring. My mom says I'm going to end up good for nothing like my drug-addled cousin, but I'll prove her wrong when I"m best seller and Stephen Spielberg wants to direct a movie about one of my books.

Now I'm trying to figure out to get some more friends because right now, I have now. Well, there is that hobo that smells funny that hangs out by the train station, but that's because I was doing my public service and handing out copies of Green Day CDs because I'm a great citizen.

I'll try and stay (Ar)Strong

Years ago, before Green Day traveled to a small-town in California and their tour bus broke down in front of some school filled with nasty cholos, satanic goths, oblivious preps, dirty punks and small minority of hopeful emos, the cruel hands of fate guided them somewhere else, a diversion in their long journey to Heather's presidency.

Billie Joe yawned and stretched his arms. He and the rest of the band had been on the road for a very long time, after all, the album American Idiot deserved a worthwhile tour because it had captured the hearts of the dysfunctional youth across the country, encouraging them to be individuals and turn their pain into art. Billie Joe knew that the songs on that record could keep some depressed teen from slitting their wrists, that's why he recorded the CD. He was a savior of the outcasts everywhere, and he held that fact close to his jet-black heart. After all, he went through nine circles of hell in high school, and almost lost his life in the process. Highschool is a battlefield, and only the strong won the final fight.

Although Billie Joe took his new role seriously, the rest of the band was rather indifferent. Mike thought the point of music was music. And Tre? Well, Tre was focused on building on toothpick models, honestly, how did the band function with him fucking up everything constantly. Billie Joe remembered when they first recorded Dookie and how they got kicked out of almost every venue because Tre decided to shoot hamsters out of a nerf gun at the audience. Everyone loved it, but the petshops were complaining at Tre's fight for animal freedom. Then there was that time when Tre decided to set up his own abortion clinic at the local fair and charged way too much for tickets.

They were traveling through Newark, New Jersey when tragedy struck. As they drove through yet another boring small town, the engine in the tour bus stalled and they came to a halt in front of the local highschool. Mike yelled some obscenities and kicked the dashboard. Now they would have some annoing girls scrambling over them for autographs. Mike just wanted to play guitar and have everyone else disappear. He had this strange feeling of deja vu, as if this had happened before, or, would happen again very soon and it would change his life in more ways he could ever dream of.

A fat, balding man with a ripped tie walked outside to greet the band. He was the principal of this shitty dump, but was more than happy to give a tour of the school while the band's bus was being fixed. Billie Joe was excited at the prospect of reaching out to the all of the broken kids here, and maybe giving them a reason to live.

He decided to explore the school on his own, because he felt liked he needed. Most of the kids were in class, but there was girl huddled in the corner of the library, smoking a cigarette. She had short green hair that fell to her chin. She was wearing a black hoodie, black shorts, ripped tights and converse. Billie Joe felt his heart stop in his cavernous chest. She was absolutely gorgeous, and he wanted to stick all of her orfices. She looked up and looked shocked that someone was staring at her.

"What the fuck do you want?" She snapped and puffed on her cigarette. Billie Joe thought he was in love. She had such a sexy attitude, he wanted to strangle himself with his own tie.

"Well, I'm Billie fucking Joe from Green Day" He said proudly and flashed the girl a smile. She rolled her eyes, how hot!

"Fuck Green Day. I'm in love with Dustin Sane from Anti-flag!" She said icily. Billie Joe sighed. Dustin Sane was his rival althoughour every Warped Tour, and loved to make fun of him. He was punk though, so it was to be expected, and Billie Joe was pop-punk so there was obviously going to be some tension. Still, Billie Joe was jealous.

"Well, Dustin Sane is just some faggot who wants to get all the snatch, you're too good for him" Billie Joe huffed. He checked to make sure his eyelienr looked perfect. The girl rolled her eyes again. She got up to leave.

"Hey, wait! Don't leave. What's your name?" Billie Joe cried out after her. She flipped hair back and turned to him, a dangerous glint in her eyes.

"Devvin. Don't wear it out." She said and stormed off and to be a lone with her thoughts. The thing was, Billie Joe noticed something strange about her. She had little red slashes dotting her wrists. Her depression was emanating off of her like a dark shadow. Billie Joe knew that if he didn't get some Green Day into her, it would be too late to save her. He suddenly took off running after her, a pair of headphones in his hands. When Devvin turned the corner, Billie Joe grabbed her by the shoulder and stuck the headphones on her head, "Extraordinary Girl" blaring. She stopped, stunned and just stood there. Billie Joe sighed with relief and leaned against the wall. Devvin looked like she was about to cry.

"That song... It's like you wrote that because it was exactly how I feel..." Devvin whispered. Billie Joe put his arm around her and held her close.

"That's exactly why I wrote these songs, to save people like you." He whispered in her ear. She shivered. Billie Joe walked her to the cafeteria.

"I hope I've made some kind of a difference" He said, mostly to himself. Devvin smiled and kissed him on the cheek.

"Well, I'm going to burn all of my Anti-flag CDs when I get home and download all of yours. Fuck Dustin Sane!" Devvin said happily.

Billie Joe had once again saved someone's life.

Or, so he thought...

He was walking down the street at night, in the boring small town of Newark when he heard the sound of sobbing. He ran to the source and found police cars and an ambulance parked outside a house. There was a preppy housewife sobbing into her hands about how there was blood all over the expensive carpet and how her daughter was a failure, even in death. Daughter? Wait... Billie Joe burst through the doors of the house and into the blood-coated room of Devvin. The cold hands of fate had led him here, to this place. She was laying on her bed, her wrists slashed from her palm to her elbow. She was just barely alive, but her eyes lit up at seeing Billie Joe again. He cradled her in his arms, holding the broken body close to him. He could feel her heart beating faintly in her chest. Tears welled up in his eyes, threatening to spill everywhere. There was nothing he could do to save this angel.

"I'm-I'm sorry..." Devvin whispered into his chest. "I just couldn't take it anymore. My mother thinks I'm nothing more than something to check off her list of things to do. But I was never good enough for anyone. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

"You're good enough for me." Billie Joe whispered back, hugging her closer, not caring if blood stained his very heart. He noticed that her ipod was plugged in and playing softly. The song was "Wake Me Up When September Ends" and Billie Joe smiled softly. There was a burnt pile of Anti-flags in the trash can.

September air filtered in through the window, and Devvin felt her eyes growing heavy. "I don't know about the afterlife, but if I'm stuck in September for eternity, will you wake me up if it ever ends?" She asked. Billie Joe nodded, kissed her gently and felt her last breath ghost his lips.

A couple weeks later, the band was back on the road again, but Billie Joe still felt melancholy. He prayed to whatever god was out there that he would have a chance to redeem himself, that he could truly make a difference someday in someone else's life.

Maybe fate wouldn't be cruel after all.