Take One for the Road

Four.

Later that night when I was tucked in my warm white sheets the clouds began to rumble; igniting the sky as bright as a star over and over. Just like the flashes of memories I have of my dreams at night. Though they may be bright and promising, they only last for a fraction of a second. It’s the roar they leave behind that currents through my being. That sparks my make believe.

If only I could do the things I dream about. Imagine what my life could be like...

On the good days I could be riding purple dragons to school striking down my bullies with torrents of flames. Though on the bad days I could be trapped in a house full of snakes and spiders unable to move because of the sheer terror they cause me.

I sat and pondered this as the storm raged on. Perhaps we were living our dreams because there are days where I am fearless, where nobody can bring me down and I can achieve anything my heart desires. But then there are days my anxiety takes control and I cannot for the life of me move because of the fear I feel. The people outside are the snakes and spiders ready to strike me down with their poisonous mouths.

Maybe achieving our dreams is more attainable then we think. We just got to live in the good dreams and survive though the nightmares.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to all of my recommenders so far! Means so much to me and I hope these give you nice thoughts xx :)