A Dangerous Game.

My New Life.

I couldn't remember ever feeling so scared in all my life, for the past few weeks some really strange things had been happening around me and I couldn't understand how or why.

A few days after the first couple of incidents I was branded a freak from both of my parents and immediately sent away to a boarding school halfway across the country.

I feel nervous and uneasy as I walked into the really old, stone building. It was massive, more like a medieval castle but not quite.

As I walked through the front doors, I noticed that the halls where lit with fire torches and old portraits, the floors were black marble and for a place that's mostly brick and stone, it was relatively warm considering it was the middle of October.

I had thought about running away before I even stepped foot through the door but that would have done no good, I had nowhere to go now and this would be my home for the next five years.

It was too late at night by the time I had arrived and got settled for me to have a look around.

I had had a long day but no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't sleep. My mind was in overtime thinking about my parents and my new life.

-----

"Get up! GET UP!!" That is what I was woken up too, an old lady with a saggy face and drawn in piercing eyes screaming at me.

"Come up, get up and dressed. You've a long day ahead you." She spoke again, more calmly this time.

She left pretty quickly after that and I got out of bed and started getting ready.

~~~~

After about an hour and a half of being shown about the school I was allowed to go back to my room for a while.

A little after five o'clock I was asked to go to the Headmistresses office.

Walking along the long, dreery marble halls alone felt like I had been walking for miles and when I finally reached the office I felt a little out of breath.

Standing outside the door for a few seconds catching my breath, I finally plucked up enough courage to knock.

"Come in." A high pitch voice sounded from inside.

I opened the door and quickly walked inside, only looking up once at the lady sitting at her desk before shutting the door behind me and taking my seat.

"Hi, Kellin. I'm Mrs Montgomery the headmistress of this fine school, and I asked you in here because you're probably wondering why you're here." She spoke with a smile, its was oddly comforting.

"I know why I'm here, I was bad, so my parents sent me away." I sighed, feeling sad.

"No, no dear boy, you weren't bad. You're just a little misunderstood, you or your parents don't understand what's happening.. You're here because you're special."

"How am I special?" I asked, curiosity getting the better of me.

"You have done things that you couldn't explain, yes? The fire? The broken glass? That incident with your father?" She asked, eyebrow raised.

"Yes, but there has to be an explanation for it all." I spoke again, feeling myself tremble at the memories.

"Kellin, you have a gift. This school is for the magically gifted, here you will learn how to use and control your powers as well as a lot of skills that you will need for when you're out in the world on your own."

I laughed, I couldn't help it. She's obviously crazy.

"I'm not magical, there's no such thing. Besides there's absolutely no way my parents would send me here knowing it was a school of magic." I laughed again, shaking my head.

"Well Kellin, I actually had a conversation with your parents a day or so after the last incident, I told them that I ran a boarding school and that you would be perfectly welcome here, the both agreed and that's why you're sitting here right now." She gestured to where I was sitting.

I was confused, after taking in everything she had said, I couldn't help but think this was some sick joke my parents had set up.

"If this is really a school of magic then prove it." I demanded, knowing full well that it was impossible.

"Okay." She said simply, with a shrug.

We sat in silence just staring at each other for a few seconds when the jug of water sitting on her desk flew up into the air and then zoomed about the room before setting back down in its original spot.

I couldn't speak I was that shocked, I actually thought it was impossible but I had just witnessed it with my own eyes.

"Now do you believe me, Kellin?" Mrs Montgomery asked.

"Y-yes." I spoke breathlessly, "but, what power do I have, exactly?"

"Well, you obviously have telekinesis and pyrokinesis abilities, but there's no telling what other powers you might have. If you even develop any others." She stated simply.

"Oh, okay." I said.

"Now, tonight you will stay in your single room and then tomorrow your things will be moved into the boys dorm where you'll share with four other boys. You'll also have the rest of this week off but you are expected to attend school assemblies and eat with everyone else. You will get your uniform sometime this week along with your school books and everything else you'll need to start classes." Mrs Montgomery said.

I just nodded and after her asking if I had any questions about the school she let me leave.

~~~~~~

As I lay in my bed that night, I thought a lot about what I had actually learned today.
I was of course really nervous about tomorrow because of having to share a room with four complete strangers but I was also really excited for what my future would be like here.

Around dawn, I decided to get up and take a shower, I hadn't slept much at all since I arrived and showers always woke me up.

After I was dressed I decided to take a walk around the school grounds, the chilly October air hit me the instant I stepped outside. The grounds where huge and surprisingly well kept, a little far left of the school was a lake surrounded by trees, bushes, sand and behind the lake, away in the distance was the backdrop of mountains and hilly countryside.

I decided to sit at the lakes edge for a while, its was so peaceful and beautiful, I had never seen anything like it at all. Back home, the best we got to a view like this was on the television.

I eventually decided to head back inside, by now most of the students would be getting ready for their first class of the day, so instead of hanging around looking weird and out of place, I headed back into my room.

I had only just closed the door behind me when there was a knocking sound emanating from it.

I unlocked the latch and opened it, looking back at me was a boy about my age with dark hair and dark chocolate brown eyes.

"Hi, I'm here to help you move your things into our room." He spoke softly.

"Oh, um okay. Sure."

"I'm Vic, by the way." The stranger smiled and shook my hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so yeah. It's been a while!