A Dangerous Game.

Friends and Enemies.

I had been here for a little over a week now, I had started all my classes and I had even made some friends.

Vic Fuentes, his little brother Michael and their two friends Tony and Jaime had all accepted me the moment I moved into their dorm, they were all really cool guys.

Laying sprawled out, stomach down on my bed with a spell book titled "An Introduction to Magic." In front of my face, I was struggling to study.

I couldn't concentrate, the room was dead silent because the other guys had gone down to the kitchen for something to eat.

I wanted so much to be good at school for a change, at my old school I didn't care much for my grades but here I felt like I needed to do well.

Sighing in frustration, I decided to give up and go find the rest of the guys.

It didn't take me too long, I just followed the sound of laughter and the smell of bacon.

I walked into the co-ed lounge area and found the four of them surrounded by most of the girls from the year below us.
I hadn't really spoken to anyone else except Vic and the others so I didn't really want to spend time with all these other people that I didn't know.

So instead of walking in and straight back out, I walked into the room, nodded and made my way to the back where the coffee machine was. As soon as I'd made myself a latte I went straight back to my room.

Sighing again, before picking up my spell book and reading a few more chapters.

~~~~~~~~

"Hey, what's wrong with you?" Vic's voice came from behind me, making me jump a little.

"Jesus, Vic. Weren't you ever taught that sneaking up on people is rude?" I said, jokingly.

"Yes, but it's still fun." He said with a grin, "and you haven't answered my question."

"Nothings wrong." I said with a shrug.

"You can't lie to me, I know what you're thinking, remember." He said with a quick wink.

"DO NOT USE YOUR FREAKY MIND READING POWERS ON ME VICTOR!" I shouted, faking being angry.

The two of us just laughed and after a few seconds, he sat down on my bed with a serious look on his face.

"Hey, look. I know you don't really like meeting new people but trust me, the people at this school are actually pretty cool. And plus you cannot spend the next five years only talking to us, you'll go out of your mind. You gotta' at least make a couple of friends, maybe find yourself a girlfriend or something." He spoke with so much concern in his voice.

"Uh, okay firstly you really got to stop with the mind reading, its an invasion of privacy, secondly I'll make friends in my own time, I've only been here a week and thirdly, no thanks." I said with a bit of laugh to lighten the mood.

The truth was though he was absolutely right, I couldn't spent the next five years here only talking to four people, that's just silly. I probably should start making an effort to talk to other people but I definitely didn't want a girlfriend, ew gross.
I mean, girls are cool, sure. But I'm just not attracted to them, like at all.

Vic looked a little skeptical at me, sighed and then left.

~~~~~~

The next morning the four of us heading down to the dining hall for breakfast before class, as soon as we all waked in and sat down, our table became swarming with girls and some of the other guys from our class.

The guys were obviously popular and nearly everyone wanted to be friends with them,

Mike and Jaime seemed like the ladies men of the group, so naturally they spent most of the morning chatting to any of the girls who would listen.

Tony was pretty quiet like myself, he only really spoke to a select few people and Vic had a steady relationship with a girl called Jenna.

Jenna was loud and obnoxious, she thrived on the popularity that Vic gave her, but Vic seemed to like her a lot so no-one ever brought up her flaws.

~~~~

After the school day was done, I just wanted to go and lie down for a little while but my hope of doing that was shattered when a girl in our class asked if she could hang out with me.

"Did Vic put you up to this?" I asked, a little annoyed.

"Nope. I just wanna' hang out with you." She stated simply.

"Well, yeah okay. What do you wanna do?" I asked.

"Um, I don't know. Hot chocolate and a movie in the lounge?"

"Sure."

We began walking towards the lounge, talking about nothing in particular when Jenna stopped us.

"So, you finally found someone desperate enough to hang out with you then?" She spat at Taylor.

Tay just kept her eyes on the ground, looking nervous.

"You both are freaks, so its basically a match made in heaven between you." She laughed spitefully.

The word freak sent my body into an angry fit of pure rage and before I knew what I was doing the long dark curtains that shielded the windows had caught fire.

Laughing hysterically, Jenna managed to make one last comment before wandering down the hall to God knows where.

Her words stung a lot thought and for some reason I kept replaying them in my head;
"Wow, Vic was right about you, you are a psychopath."

Luckily for me, Tay had the ability of making the elements do as she pleased and within a few seconds the flaming curtains were no more than a smoking piece of fabric.

Naturally I was called into Mrs Montgomery's office.

"What happened, Kellin?" She asked politely.

"I just got angry, I'm really sorry. I am trying to control myself but sometimes I just can't help it." I said, sheepishly.

"Well, we do take incidents like this pretty seriously here but since you apologized and you seem to be sincere about it, I am willing to make an exception but only on the grounds that you will never do anything this reckless again." She said more sternly this time.

"Yes ma'am." I said before being excused from her office.

~~~~

I hadn't spoken to Vic since breakfast, before it all kicked off with Jenna and honesty I wasn't looking forward to facing him, god knows what Jenna's already told him and who knows what he's told everyone else for that matter.

I walked into my room, relieved that it was empty and lay down on my bed.

My happiness was shattered a few minutes later when who else but Vic came barging through the door like a bull.

"You tried to set my girlfriend on fire, what the fuck is wrong with you?" He screamed.

"Actually, if I wanted to set her on fire I would have. The curtain thing was an accident." I shrugged.

"Don't get smart with me Kellin, I'm not in the mood for you. I've just spent the last half an hour trying to calm Jenna down she was in tears all because of you." He spoke with so much anger in his voice.

That only made me angrier.

"Well that's funny because once she'd finished making fun of Tay and myself, she had a pretty good laugh to herself. She also mentioned that you think I'm a psychopath. That's exactly what a friend longs to hear." I spat back, sarcasm rolling off my tongue.

"What? I never said you were a psychopath and Jenna likes Taylor, so why are you making this stuff up?! Jenna told me that you were being horrible to Taylor and she just stuck up for her." He spoke again, a little less angrier than before.

"Oh so when the princess says something that automatically makes it true? Open your fucking eyes Vic. She's a using, manipulating bitch." I seethed.

I probably should of kept my opinion of Jenna to myself because before I knew what was happening Vic had tripped me and was now pinning me to the floor with his knees on my arms keeping me from moving.

"You better apologize for that." He was really angry now.

"I'm not gonna' apologize for the truth." I said simply.

By now, of course, Vic was livid, I'd insulted the princess and no one had ever done that before. I thought about the fact that even if he decided to kick the shit out of me it wouldn't change my mind about her.

Vic was getting angrier and angrier and soon enough he was sitting on my stomach about to punch me when he stopped.

From my position, I thought he looked completely flawless, his tanned skin and his dark eyes were beautiful. The way his long hair sat to one side and even the incredibly angry face he now had made him look sexy.

His lip twitched a little as he looked right into my eyes, and that's when I couldn't control my thoughts anymore.

In this current situation it was mad to be thinking what I was thinking right now, but I just couldn't help it.

I wonder what his lips would feel like against mine..

And in one swift moment we went from fighting and arguing with each other to him putting his soft lips on mine..

My first ever kiss.

Damn, this is everything I'd ever dreamed it would be.