A Dangerous Game.

The Reality.

Vic hasn’t even looked in my direction since the kiss yesterday and honestly it didn’t hurt, I was just really confused.

I finally managed to get him alone when he came into our room after the first class, I had a double free period this morning so I had all the time in the world to talk this out.

“Vic, can we talk?” I asked him.

“Uh, I’ve got stuff to do before class. Maybe later.” He said with his back to me.

I knew he was lying though, he just didn’t want to have to sit down and face me but what happened really had to be aired between us, it was driving me insane.

“Sure. Later.” I snapped, with a roll of my eyes even though he couldn’t see me.

“Kellin, please don’t start okay?” He pleaded, and just like that he picked up his room key and left.

~~~

The rest of my morning classes went by in a kind of haze-like trance. I wasn’t focused and I couldn’t concentrate on anything anyone was saying.

I decided to spare myself the trouble of having to continue the rest of the days classes and faked ill to be allowed to rest in my room all day.

My bed always gave me a sense of comfort and protection, it was my safe place.

As I lay under the covers, reading more and more chapters on how to make your powers stronger, I heard the door lock click.

Dread filled over me, it was probably Vic. Mike, Tony and Jaime barely came into the room unless it was to sleep, change or shower.

I was surprised when I heard Mike’s voice all low and serious.

“Wait, wait. Is anyone else in the room?” He asked whoever he was with.

“Shouldn’t be, I know all of your schedules, everyone’s in class just now.” Vic said.

Oh joy, Vic. I thought sarcastically.

“I heard that.” He said loudly from the door.

“Good.” I said, getting up, taking my book with me and walking past them.

~~~~~

I found my way up to the library, I can’t believe I hadn’t checked this place out before. Back home, I’d always go to the library in town, it was my home away from home. I loved books, I loved the feeling of getting sucked into an imaginary world full of adventure and excitement.

I sat at the back of large room with a stack of books; Magical Family History and Perfect your Powers where the only ones I managed not to read, so I checked them out and headed back to my room.

I didn’t feel like eating so I declined Tony’s offer to join the guys for dinner and settled into a comfy position, pulling out the Magical Family History book first.

~~~~~

-the Quinn family history is a magnificent one, legend has it that every hundred years an heir is born and he will possess the Eight most powerful powers in the whole world; whoever the heir is will ultimately be the most powerful being.

I was so intrigued, I obviously didn’t think that it had any connection to my family, as far as I knew no-one else but myself had any powers.

It was still such an interesting read nonetheless and I eventually fell asleep, before anyone came into the room.

~~~~~

It was Saturday morning which meant no classes and we could leave the school grounds.

I got up super early just to pack, I packed a few hoodies, a blanket, food, juice and my books into my school bag and headed out before Vic or that woke up.

I really wanted to go sit by the lake today, it was nearing the end of October now and soon enough it will be far too cold to go outside so I planned on making the most of this today.

I had a lot of time to think and reflect on the things that have been happening the past few days. The reality of it all was the kiss was obviously a massive mistake and it would be better for everyone involved if it was never mentioned again. I knew Vic was dating Jenna and the logical side of me knew that Vic wasn’t attracted to other guys but the side of me that didn’t want to be logical also came up with a good counter argument - if Vic wasn’t attracted to guys, then why did he kiss me?

I couldn’t come up with a good enough reason for it, so I chalked it up to a spur of the moment thing and momentarily forgot about the thing with Vic.

I wanted to enjoy today, I wanted to read and look at the breathtaking scenery of the lake and the hills.

And that’s exactly what I did.

~~~~~

I was now comfortably back inside, the warmth of the room hugged me tightly.

It must have been no later than five o'clock but the sky was really dark and I couldn’t see anything from the lake anymore.

I checked my room before getting comfy on my bed, I didn’t feel like facing anyone right now; I’ve had such a relaxing day..

I had only been sitting for about five minutes when Vic, Mike and Jaime came into the room, the three of them laughing and joking about who knows what.

“Oh, hey Kells. What did you do today?” Mike asked.

“I just went and sat up at the lake. What about yous?” I asked back being polite.

“We just hung about in the common room, it was pretty sweet actually. We missed you though, it feels like we hardly see you any more.” He said, kind of sadly.

I could hear Vic and Jaime quietly talking behind him.

“I know, its been a crazy few days. I’ve just needed some time to adjust to all the new experiences I’m getting here. Its a hell of a school.” I said, and part of me wanted Vic to pick up on my sarcasm but if he did, he didn’t show it.

Mike just nodded in agreement then him and Jaime left to go find Tony before the big bonfire tonight.

It was just Vic and myself again, and the silence was deafening.

“So, you going tonight then?” Vic asked breaking the silence.

“Probably not.” I shrugged.

“Why not?” He asked.

“Because, I don’t want too.” I said simply.

He looked frustrated, he opened his mouth as if he was going to say something and then closed it quickly, shaking his head as he left the room.