Status: pretty well completed

Whirl Wind

Playoff Hockey

After a hard battle for Pittsburgh to get into the playoffs they are there and I just got in to New York with Taylor for game 2. I had to back up everything, go home to Hunstville, pack a bag, and leave the next day to go see Sidney in New York. The playoffs have such a different feel then regular season games because teams become more desperate and they can feel the cup is in their reach. The Penguins are down one game in the series and I'm not that worried but I can tell Sidney is getting stressed. Many commentators and reporters have said that Sidney hasn't paid that well in the first game, but the thing is that was the first game. I know Sidney will show them wrong sooner or later and I'm very excited to watch him do it. I have been to a couple regular season games in the NHL but nothing like this. The atmosphere in MSG is crazy even if I'm cheering for Pittsburgh. As a hockey player I know I would feed off the energy in the building. I am sharing a room with Taylor and Sidney's parents have the room beside us. We all want Sidney to do his best and we now what he can do so we are very excited to see what Game 2 is like. This is one of the first times I will be around Sidney's parents as his girlfriend, not Taylor's hockey friend, but you can barely tell the difference. Trina and Troy are very happy that Sidney has a girlfriend and I think they are happy that they knew me before hand. After the game tomorrow night we are going to fly out to Pittsburgh to watch the series continue.

I am officially done university and I am very happy but sad at the same time because I feel so old. From now on I just have to take every step at a time and make sure I'm ready for the CWHL combine and draft. Sidney has already booked me and Taylor a trainer in Pittsburgh for during the playoffs. I haven't seen Sid yet so I'm very excited to be around him again. I guess we will wait until after the game because Trina, Taylor, and I are going to go shopping and do some sight seeing in New York in about an hour. I'm to really sure what Troy is doing, but I think something with Mario and Flower's dad. I am putting on some makeup when there is a knock on the door and Trina goes to get saying its probably room service for the lunch we ordered. I got back to doing my makeup and Tay finishes with her hair.

"Sid, what are you doing here?" Trina asks and my head spins all the way to the door where my wonderful boyfriend is standing in sweats, a coat, and a hat. My smile goes huge as Tay and I run over to hug him at the same time.

"Group hug." Tay jokes.

"Don't squeeze him too hard girls." Troy warns with a laugh. Taylor lets go of Sid and walks back into the bathroom to finish her hair.

"How are you?" I ask my handsome boyfriend.

"Good, hows my university graduate?" He smirks and gives me a quick kiss.

"Crazy to think I am done university. I feel so old."

"Honey trust me you have many years." Trina laughs and we all laugh a little.

"So really Sid I don't think your mother was kidding when she said what are you doing here?" I sass and Trina and Troy laugh.

"Well we were on our way back from the rink and I wanted to stop in to see you guys before my nap." I mentally groan because of how much I missed being able to have naps with Sid. We would just wrap ourselves around each other and he would be my pillow.

"Did you have lunch?" Trina asks.

"I'm going to pick something up on my way back." He replies. "But I better go now. What are you guys gonna do?"

"The girls are going shopping and sightseeing. I'm heading to lunch with Mario."

"Sounds like fun. I will see you guys after the game then. Love you guys."

We all say goodbyes and love you toos while Sid leaves and ten minutes later Trina, Taylor, and I are on our way to sightsee and shop.

_____

Soon enough we are on our way to MSG for game 2. We had a great afternoon and I had gotten some new clothes and Tay bought me this Pittsburgh Bracelet like my Montreal Canadiens ones that I had too. I put on some cropped jeans, my Crosby jersey, Pittsburgh hat, running shoes, and my new bracelet and I'm ready for game 2. We are all fairly nervous to see how good Pittsburgh plays. We find our seats just before warm up, so Tay and I head down to the glass to watch the boys from there. Sid smiles and nods at us and I figure thats the only thing we will get from him until after the game. Geno hits the glass in front of us and Perron waves at us. Its hard to see some new faces on the team because of injury but its also nice because those player's dreams are coming true also. We head back to our seats and get ready for hopefully a win tonight.

After one period, Pittsburgh is down 1-0, and at this point Fleury is keeping them in this game but I can tell the momentum is slowly shifting to Pittsburgh.

It took ten minutes before Pittsburgh got on the score board with Sutter getting a power play goal. Four minutes later Sidney scores and we all jump up happily glad that Sidney got the goal but more importantly we took the lead. With two minutes left in the period Kunitz feeds Sidney and he puts in past Lundqvist. 2 goals on 2 shots for Sid and I was so proud of him. I just hoped that we win the game.

The Third period was stressful with the Rangers coming within one goal on a penalty until Kunitz scored and gave the Penguins some room to breathe. The last ten minutes are just hoping that they gave keep the puck out of their net and thats what they did but 5 seconds left in the game, Nash scores. I wish they could have kept that one out to say thank you to Fleury of the outstanding game he had but we won and tied the series!! I'm so proud of Sid for stepping up the game and proud of the team for how they played. We wait around at our seats in no hurry because we all know of the media frenzy that will be by Sid. We head to the waiting area for Sidney. I see Vero and Estelle and run over to them.

"Vero, hey!"

"Charlie!! How are you belle?"

"I'm good, I finished university this week so thats crazy. What about you?" I smile and pick up Estelle and bounce her around.

"Good, Estelle was making me go crazy tonight. I didn't know you were coming, you should have texted me!"

"I totally thought you would be home with this little angel." I smile at Estelle and she smiles back at me.

"Well she wasn't that bad at the All Star Game so we thought she would be okay today, she just wouldn't sit still."

"It would probably be hard here at MSG, but next time I can sit with you two if you need." The boys come out and Estelle wiggles out of my reach and runs to her dad yelling "daddy you won." I say bye to Vero and walk back over to Taylor who is talking with Mario.

"Hey Charlotte, how are ya?"

"Great Mario, how are you?" I smile at him.

"Good, thank you. Head you two got in early this morning."

"Yeah we drove all last night and got to the hotel at almost 2 in the morning."

"Troy told me you are finished university. Congratulations!" He smiles at me. I spot Sid talking to his parents and so does Taylor. She excuses herself to see him.

"Thank you, I'm very excited to be done."

"Any plans on whats next?"

"Well I have applied for the CWHL draft so training is on the agenda and keeping in shape for that."

"Wow, thats amazing Charlotte. I hope you all the best."

"Thank you Mario."

"I should let you go see Sid now, he keeps looking over here." Mario chuckles and so do I. I smile and walk over to Sidney and wrap him in a hug. Tony, Trina, and Taylor are in a conversation with Pascal Dupuis.

"I'm so proud of you." I whisper in Sid's ear.

"I love you." He smiles at me and kisses me lightly.

"I love you too." We pull apart and he laces his hand with mine. We walk by Kunitz and I stop and say. "Great game Kuni, you were on fire." He smiles at me and says thanks.

"So where do you want to celebrate?" Tony asks Sid.

"It doesn't matter to me, I would just like a drink." Sid chuckles.

We get into a cab and head back to the hotel to change before dinner. I change into a knit sweater and leggings while Tay changes to jeans, tank top, and a cardigan. Sidney changes in his room which is like 5 floors up and then comes down to our room.

"What did you guys even buy today?"

"I got some clothes, a new coach wallet and I brought Char a new Pittsburgh bracelet." Tay says.

I show him the bracelet. "Tay did you burn the Habs one?" Sidney asks and I raise my eyebrows at him. He kisses my cheek and laughs.

"Did you forget that I'm still a Habs fan? That we all are?" Taylor says sassily.

"What did you buy Charlie?" Sid asks.

"I got new clothes and a coach purse." I smile at him and sit on his lap.

"Did you use my credit card for that?" He whispers to me so Tay doesn't hear. I shake my head no.

"I don't want to depend on you all the time, I had enough money." I whisper back.

"Next time please babe."

"Fine Sidney."

"Did you get anything that I will like on you?" He whispers in my ear and I start laughing. When Sidney tries to hint at me buying lingerie or nice clothes that he and I quote "want to take off of me." I always laugh at him.

"No your mother was on the shopping trip." I whisper back. "But I did buy something before I came."

"When will I get to see it?"

"When we get home."

"Are you sleeping in my bed?"

"Tonight?"

"No, when we get back."

"Am I aloud?"

"I only have two guest bedrooms so yeah. And even if I did, I would want you to be in our bed."

"Okay."

"I missed you."

"I missed you too."

Everyone is ready and we head to a restaurant that is hopefully not busy. We go with David Perron and his family, and Brandon Sutter and his family. I sit beside Sidney and Taylor and we all converse with each other before our food and drinks come. Taylor and I share some pizza, while Sid orders a burger. I didn't feel like drinking tonight so I just got water, but Sid got a drink to celebrate the boys win. We eat and talk for a fairly long time before everyone gets tired and wants to make sure to get to sleep before our flight in the morning back to Pittsburgh.

"So Charlie are you staying with Sid tonight?" Troy asks.

"You can stay with him, I know you haven't seen each other in almost two months. We don't mind." Trina says with a smile.

"Why don't you just sleep in our room with Charlie?" Taylor suggests.

"Why don't you do that Sid, but we can go get your bag and everything ready tonight so we don't have to do it tomorrow." Sidney nods and we head up to his room.

In the elevator I am almost falling asleep because I am so tired from todays events.

"Stay awake babe." Sidney says as he rubs my back.

"Rubbing my back is definitely helping" I say sassily as the door opens to his floor. The whole team rented it out so most of the doors were open and you could hear people talking to each other. We walk to Sidney's room and I find his bag and start packing everything in the room. "Sid you get the bathroom I will get all your clothes." He nods and we get to work cleaning his hotel room. Soon enough we are finished and just making sure we have everything so we wouldn't have to come back up in the morning. We run into Geno and tell him that he is staying in his families room.

"BE SAFE!!" Steve Downie yells clearly drunk and we all laugh. We get into the elevator and head down to our floor.

"You do realize my own sister cock blocked me tonight." Sidney says clearly the alcohol was getting to him.

"You wouldn't have been getting any tonight anyways so good try."

"But Charlie it has been too long and I scored two goals and all I thought about was you." Sidney stares at me intently and puts a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Good try, when we get home maybe." I smirk at him. "If you're good."

"Oh babe I'm always good." He smirks back at me. He kisses me lightly and we get out of the elevator. "Wait Char." He pulls me back and kisses me softly and I melt into my boyfriend's arms. We kiss for a couple minutes before we both pull away smiling. "Just because it would be awkward to kiss you goodnight with my sister in there." Sid chuckles.

"I love you." I whisper.

"I love you too." He smiles as we get inside our hotel room.

We quickly get changed and ready for bed. I crawl into bed and Sidney pulls me to him. I smile and fall asleep knowing tomorrow we will be back in Pittsburgh.