Status: pretty well completed

Whirl Wind

Draft Day

“With the 12th overall selection, the Toronto Furies select from the University of Minnesota Charlotte Lloyd.” The cheers erupt from my family and friends and I stand up and my parents wraps their arms around me cheering. I can see my mom crying, I am officially drafted into the CWHL and into the Toronto Furies organization. I was drafted in the third round, 12th overall. I walk to the stage in shock and with a huge smile on by face. I shake all the hands of the management and meet my new coach who gives me my new jersey with the new logo. I feel like I am dreaming. I am ushered of the stage to wear I would meet reporters and hopefully see my family.

Through this all I hear “With the 13th overall selection, The Montreal Stars select from Northeastern University, Taylor Crosby.” I grin, that’s one of my best friends!! Taylor is in the CWHL with me, she will be playing against me but we are both there. Kath hasn’t got drafted yet but I think she will be coming up soon. I clap for Tay as I see Sid hug her tightly with a smile on my face. Deep down I wish he could be there for Tay and I, not just hers. I miss him, I haven’t seen him in two weeks after I left to come back home to train and Sid went back to Pittsburgh. I saw him this morning for maybe five minutes, that’s it.

The coaching staff leads me to a room where my family is. I smile and walk over to my parents, “Hey guys.”
“Soooo how is everything?” My dad asks.
“I’m not really sure what they have told me, I’m still in awe.” I smile. I see Trina, Tony, Sid, and the rest of the family come into the room too.
“Charlie, sweetheart! Congratulations!” Trina walks over to me and wraps me into a hug.
“Thanks Trina.” I smile and Troy walks over and wraps me into a hug too.
“Congrats Charlie!”
“Thank you Troy.” I start to feel awkward with Sidney standing there. But next I am wrapped into a bone crushing hug by the boyfriend.

“I’m so proud of you.” Sid whispers into my ear. We pull back and I smile at him.
“Thanks Sid.” I stare into his brown eyes, I hear some whispering and look away. Taylor saves the awkward situation by walking through the doors to find her family and mine together.
“Charlie Lloyd it looks like we will never get to be on the same team!!” She exclaims and wraps me into a hug.
“Only for Team Canada I guess.”
“One day.” Taylor laughs. We let go of each other and she goes to hug my parents before heading back to the group with her family, which I was there too. “Kath seems anxious.” She stated.
“I thought she was gonna go before me.” I reply.

“She will go soon, don’t worry.” Troy states.
“I kind of feel bad, we get picked back to back.” I say.
“Don’t feel bad, you both said Toronto was your number one choice.” Sid says and I smile a little and nod at him. He knows how to make me feel better.
The next round starts and we stand around the television to watch. I hope that Kath gets picked this round, so she can come to where we are and celebrate. I am nervous for her, I know she will get drafted but the waiting is killing me. We wait until Toronto is next up.
“With the 17th overall selection, The Toronto Furies are pleased to select from the University of Minnesota, Kathryn Russel.” I smile so wide, I get to play with my best friend. Our dreams of playing in the CWHL together has finally come true. I can feel Sidney behind me, I don’t know how to react. Are we going to act normal, I think they only people in this room are the people that know we are together, so we will just see what he does. He slowly puts his hand on my lower back and rubs my back.

“So how does it feel to get to play hockey with your best friend?” Sid asks.
“We have talked about this since we were 12 and it feels like a dream come true.” I reply just staring at my best friend meeting our future coaches and management.
“I’m so happy for you.” I look at him with a smile on my face and kiss his cheek. Kath comes barging through the doors with Riley’s parents in tow and Taylor and I run over to her and we group hug.
“I love you all.” I cheer.
“I can’t believe it!” Taylor exclaims. We pull back from the hug and I hug Kath myself.
“We’re teammates!!” Kath laughs and she is interrupted by Riley coming over and wrapping his arms around her. They are so cute.

Sidney walks over to me and smiles at me. “Can we get a picture together?” He asks holding out his phone and I nod. Sid gets Taylor to come over and Sidney wraps his arm around my waist and I place my hand on his chest and we take a picture. Next Sidney leans down and kisses me lightly, I hear Taylor take the picture. We break apart and Riley and Kath jump into the picture too. Soon Trina takes Sidney’s phone from Taylor and gets her in the picture. What started from Sid just wanting a picture to a big photoshoot. Next Riley and Sidney get out and Taylor, Kath, and I take our pictures together.

I smile thinking about how much my life has changed for the better in the past year, I met Sidney who is my rock, I have grown closer with Tay, finished University, got drafted to the CWHL, and all of that was with my best friend, Kathryn Russel. I cannot believe how much my life is different now and how much happier I am with Sidney and all my friends and family around me. All my dreams have come true; I have everything I could possibly ever want and more. What a whirl wind of the year this has been for me and everyone in my life!
♠ ♠ ♠
the end, I'm writing a epilogue currently so stay turned for that:) and make sure to check out my polyvore for this fan fic (captaincrosbyy)