Status: pretty well completed

Whirl Wind

Getting to Know Each Other

So after the game, I took the bus back to the hotel and got changed into nicer clothes for dinner with Taylor and Sidney.

"Kath help."

"You're freaking about what to wear aren't you?"

I groan. "Yes, it's Sidney freaking Crosby."

"It's not a date dumbo, it's dinner with Taylor and her brother. Wear jeans, a simple but comfy shirt, and vans." She walks over to my bag and picks out the perfect outfit.

"Why are we always so good at this?"

"I have been with Riley for over three years, I have had practice. You on the other hand, have not. Now go change before you are late."

"Ugh I hate you but I love you, why aren't you coming with us again?"

"Riley has a game tonight so they only time we an talk is at night. I know he would be mad me not seeing how much you are going to mess things up with Sidney tonight, but I will let Tay tell me ALL about it."

"Kiss my butt Russel." I pout. "You said it yourself this isn't a date. This whole Charlotte Crosby future thing is all in my head okay?"

"I should record that for when you guys get married."

"Shut up, go call Riley and leave me alone."

I get changed into jeans and a striped shirt that was in my suitcase as an extra. I put some light makeup on, hoping it looks natural. And then I put my hair into a sleek ponytail. My phone beeps and I jump from nerves. It was Taylor texting me saying they were on their way, so I grabbed my wristlet and head down to the lobby. Waving bye to Kath, I head to the lobby.

As I start playing around on my phone, I hear the door open and Taylor walk in. "Oh good, I thought I was going to have to buzz you because that would be superrrr awkward."

I smile. "You're a weirdo. So where are we going?" We head out to Sid's car, and I almost stop in my tracks at the sight of it. A RANGE ROVER, probably this years model. "Holy shit"

"Pretty eh? I wish he bought me one." She laughs as she gets in the car. "I'm surprised Charlie's jaw didn't break from when she saw your car, Sid." She says to him, that little twit.

I laugh nervously. "It's a beautiful Range Rover."

"Thanks." He smiles and looks at me through the mirror. "So where to?"

"I was thinking pizza and then maybe the sports bar, downtown?"

Sid laughs. "Taylor, you want me to go into a sports bar? Do you want to have a good night without a thousand fans bugging us, drunk I might add."
"Okay so maybe the sports bar wasn't the best idea but what about we start with the pizza place and see what we are feeling after."

"Better choice Tay." He turns to me. "Is that alright with you, Charlotte?"

"Uh yeah, I love pizza." I say with a smile.

He smiles back at me. "It has beer there too, do you drink?"

"Uh not really, I mean I will have the odd beer but with hockey, I stick to water or chocolate milk." I blush. I wasn't supposed to say that....

"Chocolate milk eh?" Sid chuckles. "I will remember that."

"She doesn't drink gatorade or beer really, okay Sid. She isn't the most normal child in the world, and you aren't either. Let's drive." Taylor states. I start to laugh when he pulls away from the parking spot.

"Taylor like you are anything but normal, Ms. I need my 10 hours of sleep." I smirk when Sidney looks at me in the mirror. What is he thinking? What am I even thinking?

"So I see you have found out the flaw in my perfectttttt little sister." Sidney laughs.

"Sidney Patrick Crosby don't you ever call me perfect or little ever again."

I burst out laughing and Sidney replies "Okay sass ball chill, we are here." We find a parking spot and head into the pizza place. It looks small, like not many people come here.

"Have you guys been here before?" I ask.

"We have kind of made it a tradition, every time we are together." Taylor says.

"We sometimes do it in Pittsburgh too, but it started when I played here. It has great pizza here."

Once we get in and find a table, I finally get a good look at Sidney when he is relaxed. I didn't notice how different he looks on the ice to now, getting pizza with two 22 year olds.

"The usual for the Crosby's?" The waitress asks.

"Uh yes for Taylor and I, Charlotte what would you like?" He looks at me.

"Um a small Hawaiian on whole wheat, and also can I have ranch dipping sauce on the side please?"

"Anything to drink?" She asks again.

"Chocolate milk please."

"Okay."

"Thank you Betty." Sidney says with a smile.

"Well I have to use the washroom, I will be right back." Taylor starts to get up and I start to panic. What, do I talk to him? What would I say? I give her a look that could kill, and she smirks at me. Once she leaves, I look around at the empty pizza restaurant. It looks like a diner, it has an old feel about it which is cool.

"So Charlotte, do you think you had a good game tonight?" Sidney asks. Oh god here come the questions and awkward answers, why am I so awkward. I hate this.

"Sid call be Charlie, Charlotte sounds to formal." I smile. "But yeah I think I played alright, I have had better games. Some of the plays I tried to set up didn't work. That was frustrating but my team played hard and we got a win."

"You had a great game, it was flawless. You are very talented Charlie." He smiled at me and it gave me butterflies. He is so beautiful and he just complimented my game.

Wow, I start to blush when Taylor comes back. "Did you miss me while I was gone?" She ruffles Sid's hair up. Our pizza arrives and we start to eat it up, there isn't much talking, I was hungry. After dinner we decide to go for ice cream, I get chocolate chip in a bowl, Taylor gets chocolate, and Sidney gets vanilla. We start to go for a walk by the water.

"So Charlie, how long are in town for?" Sidney asks. He's walking beside me and Taylor is on the other side of me.

I blush a little looking down before answering. "We leave tomorrow and head to Toronto. We are doing this Cross Canada road trip, but at different weekends. It's really crazy, and tiring. This is our third weekend of nine. We still have Saskatchewan and through to B.C."

"Wow, so you keep having to fly back to Minny every Sunday?"

"Yeah, for classes, practices, and work."

"You work while going to school and hockey?"

"Yeah I work at Starbucks on campus, it helps pay the apartment bills. My parents pay for my schooling and hockey, and the deal was I have to pay rent."

"Does Kath help?" Taylor joins in on the conversation.

"She tries, but she doesn't work and she has to pay for everything herself."

"What?" Sidney asks.

"Her parents were killed in a car accident when she was 10, she lives with me in Huntsville, or with her boyfriend in Ottawa." I reply.

"Wow thats rough."

I nod. We finish our ice cream and start to end back to the car. Taylor finds this store that she needs something for school, leaving Sid and I alone again.

"It was nice meeting you, Sidney." I look down at the ground.

"I hope to see you play again, Charlie." He says.

"Do you want my schedule?" I blush.

"Yes." He responded quickly.

"I don't have it right now, but I can text you." I shrug. "That is if it's okay?"

"Yeah sure, here's my phone and I can put my number in yours?"

"Okay here." I give him my phone and he gives me his iPhone 6, it is so nice. "Nice phone" I smirk.

He laughs. "So is yours." He hands me back my iPhone 4s with a broken screen.

"It still works okay." I laugh.

We chuckle together and then Taylor comes out and we head back to the car. On the way to my hotel Taylor speaks up. "I'm going to miss you."

"We talk on the phone like everyday." Sidney says with a laugh.

"Not you stupid, Charlie!!"

I burst out laughing. "Well good one Sid. I will miss you too Tay. You have to come to Minny soon!"

"Wow, I'm your brother and you like her more than me."

"I wouldn't take it personally." I laugh from the back.

We get to my hotel and say our goodbyes. I get into the room and the first thing I hear is. "Tell me all about it." From my room mate.
♠ ♠ ♠
xx