Status: pretty well completed

Whirl Wind

Airplane Thoughts

Charlie's pov

I miss Sidney. It's been a week since I saw him and we are heading to Calgary for a game then Edmonton on Sunday. I'm so tired from all the away games especially going to Canada every weekend. I put my headphones on and start to drift in my airplane seat.

Kath is sitting beside me already asleep, I got the window seat because looking out of the plane makes her sick. Kath and I have been best friends since we were 7, the first day I was at school since moving from England. My grandma had past away in Huntsville so we packed up and my parents tried to get their jobs relocated but my mom couldn't. She ended up having to quit her job and now she works at the law firm in Huntsville while my dad works at the bank.

When we were 10, Kath's parents died in a car accident, they were hit by a drunk driver. Kath moved in with us after that, so we have been living with each other for 12 years and we both know each other better then ourselves. It's a good fit, but soon Kath will probably go to live with Riley and I don't know where I will be. i hope playing hockey, but I'm studying criminology. So the back up plan is law, if hockey doesn't work out. I sigh.

"Get some sleep Char." Kath says with her eyes closed.

"I will, I'm just thinking."

"About Sidney?"

"No, well not really. Mainly what's going to happen after school."

She opens her eyes now. "We will be playing in the CWHL and making millions. Stop worrying." She touches my thigh.

"I guess." I curl up and try to fall asleep. Kath doesn't know that I don't want to play in CWHL, I have never told her because we used to say that one day we would be playing in the CWHL together and "making millions." It was our little joke, but I still didn't think Kath was serious.

Sidney's pov

I miss Charlie. It has been one week since I saw her and today I'm headed to Florida for a couple days to play both teams. On the plane, I'm sitting beside Flower and we are playing on our PSPs. I have been texting Charlie a lot this week, but we both can't right now because we are flying. We are moving farther away from each other by the minute. She is going to cold Alberta and I'm heading to sunny Florida. I made a point in telling her that and she got sassy with me. I'm starting to like her more and more everyday and soon we are an away game with Minnesota, so I'm hoping to get her tickets and then go out on a date. That's when I want to tell her that I really like her.

"Sid you 'ave died three times already, 'hello?" Flower nudges me out of my thoughts.

"Uh yeah I just dozed off for a minute." I get back to playing.

"You 'ave been acting differently this week you ok?" He whispers quietly.

"Flower I'm good." I nod and smile.

"Okay." He whispers back. "Tanger you suck." He yells.

"Shut up Flower, you 'ave died more then me." Letting fires back.

"Now now kids, I'm the best at this game." New guy, David Perron says.

We all laugh because we know he has no clue what he is doing in this game.

"Shut up, I am sleep." Geno yells from almost the back of the plane.

"G, you are back there for a reason." I yell back.

"Shut up Sid." Evgeni replies with his accent. I laugh knowing we are all a bunch of little kids at heart, playing the sport we love. I quit the game and try to get some sleep before we get off the plane. I don't want to be tired for the press conference I have to go to about the injuries within our team.

Duties calls.