The Wedding Date

Prologue

If you asked Zack how he ended up here he would have no idea. Yet here he was staring this laptop screen reading over his craigslist ad for what felt like the hundredth time.

Twenty four year old gay man looking for fellow gay man to accompany him to his best friend's wedding. The wedding is taking place in Bora Bora, so some travel time with be required. Plane tickets are already purchased. Please contact me by December 1st if interested in this unique opportunity.

As he read it again Zack couldn’t help but ask himself; was he really this desperate to find a date?

Of course he was. When his best friend Rian called him two months ago to tell him about his upcoming nuptials and asked him to be the best man he said yes. When Rian asked if he needed to be set up with a friend of a friend so he wouldn’t have to go alone he said no. When Rian asked if he already had someone to bring as a date he said yes.

Why he said yes, Zack didn’t know. How could he admit to Rian that he was still hung up on his ex-boyfriend Dax, and didn’t really have a date? Simple, he couldn’t because Rian would kill him.

Now with only two weeks away from the day his fight took off he knew he needed to do something. He had never thought to use craigslist before, but when he overheard his coworkers talking about how they used it to find hookups because it was easier then Tinder (something Zack didn’t believe) he decided to try it.

He knew it was crazy. He knew this would lead to a bunch of crazy guys calling him in hopes to get a free trip to Bora Bora, but he couldn’t think of a better way.

Knowing that he was getting ready to chicken out, Zack quickly moved his finger over the touch pad and clicked the word submit.

Now it was done, no going back. His ad was out there for the area of Baltimore to read and respond to. As much as he wanted to take it back, he knew there was no going back. He needed to find a date and quick. Hopefully this wouldn’t turn out too badly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to those of you who subscribed and/or commented before I officially started this.
So I originally got the idea for writing this while watching 'The Wedding Date', then I saw a post on the ATFF tumblr about finding a wedding date on craigslist and I decided to combine them.
Hopefully you all enjoy reading this.
On another note, I know the prologue is short, but the chapters from here on out will be much longer.