The Preacher's Daughter

Pretty

Image

Sunday mornings in our little town time pretty much stopped moving. No one opened stores, the coffee shop stayed closed, the baker was out of action, the mail wasn't delivered and time stood still. That was not to say that the town was quiet Sunday mornings were not for sleeping in, guaranteed majority of the town was up and about thriving to get their morning started the right way. At Church.

Their were two sides to our little town the majority who were on one side of the train tracks were the working class but relatively well off people and then there was the other side of the train tracks who were on the struggling side of town. But on Sunday mornings it didn't matter what side of town you lived on there was only one church.

And while I'm not deluded to think that every person who lived in Sovergine showed up to mass every time I did believe it was a majority. Though I knew of a few boys I went to school with who would never show up, not if their life depended on it.

I on the other hand had not missed a single church going since the day I was born, but I guess that's what you get for being the preachers daughter. In all honesty I loved helping my dad set up for mass, I loved inviting everyone into the home of the lord several times a week to help the community, to build that community.

Maybe it was because I was born into it and I didn't know any better, but I didn't want to know any better.

Getting up at 7am on my Sunday I quickly got ready for church getting dressed running a brush through my hair and putting on a little make up I ran down stairs just in time to meet my dad at the door. He was ready to go to the church to set up and get ready for 9am Sunday morning mass.

"Ready to go Mila?" He asked and I nodded yelling at my mum that we would see her later. Dad and I always went to the church early on a Sunday to get ready while mum would meet us there later. I didn't mind getting up early to help dad it made me feel productive and useful, plus I was never the kind of girl who could sit still for too long.

I lit all the candles and got all the pamphlets ready, straightening out and making sure everything was ready for when the first of the church gooers got here. And as they did I greeted them all at the door and helped the older crew to their seats before finding my own. Mum slipped in next to me just in time and I felt my best friend Jasmine tap me from the row behind, she stuck her tonged out at me before my dad started his sermon instantly hushing the crowd.

Once church was done I wanted to be done too, that was my cue to get out of there but my parents being who they were, stayed around all morning to talk to the whole town. So I snuck out with Jasmine who had brought her car and we headed down to the lake.

Jasmine and Ally are my two closest friends, we have known each other for almost as long as I can remember, I guess that's what you get when you've lived in the same small town your whole life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys this is my very first chapter and i'm really bad at introductions so if you make it past this point thank you very much i appreciate you.
I just wanted to quickly say that this story in no way shape or form is intended to offend or insult anyone. If you have any issue with the religion side of this please do let me know, though i have tried not to include very much religion in here at all.

With that being said please do read and let me know what you think of Mila and Lex.
Thanks and enjoy,
Dani.