The Preacher's Daughter

The Lake

Image

I didn't realise how tiering it was to avoid people i’d only been doing it for a week but I was exhausted and I had a headache.

Lex tried to corner me again in the hall on Friday morning and Cameron was feeling a little too chatty for my liking.


Everyone was getting excited for some great party that was going on tonight at Marisa Vale’s house and how amazing it was going to be. Where all i could focus on was trying not to pull my hair out.

By the end of lunch period i was over it, and i was tired so i went to the nurse claiming to be ill and needing to go home.
It was the first time in my life that i had faked sick or jigged school or simply not be honest about everything. I shocked myself by how easily i was able to do it, it was so unlike myself but i couldn't spend another minute in the school facing both the boys and the nonsense babble that came from my friends.



I didn't want to go home and have to deal with my parents asking questions and checking in on me, i just wanted to be alone for a little while and not have to think about anything or anyone.
So instead i found myself parked at the lake, i was thankfully empty and i had my swim costume in the back of my car with my work clothes.


After discreetly trying to change in my car even though there was no one else around i grabbed a towel off the back seat of my car and walked out to the dock laying it out for me to lay in the sun for a little while.


My relationship with the lake was a little strange i absolutely loved it here it was beautiful and peaceful and the perfect place to stop and collect your thoughts. But on the other hand i couldn’t swim and i was always a little terrified of falling in. My friends new i never swam and i guess after asking why a few dozen times they got bored of me dodging their questions and just let me be.

After laying out in the sun for a little why my mind started driving back to Lex much like it had been doing all week, i was so confused about the whole thing! I knew who he was it was no secret the rumours and the women and the drugs that i had witnessed first hand i couldn't stand for any of it, it made me feel sick even thinking about it all, but i still kissed him… and that feeling on its own…Thinking about it made butterflies well in my stomach and made me grow a little warm thinking about the whole thing.

“Are you jigging school?” His voice scared the hell out of me and i sat up right so quick i gave myself head spins.



“No! are you?” I yelled back standing, i didn't want to stay laying down and let him have the leverage of hight over me.



“Yes, but so are you.” he laughed

“I’m not i went to the nurse i had a headache.” Why did i have to defend myself to Lex, and how did he find me here?

“Are you stalking me?” i asked stupidly

“Oh now Angel, don’t get a big ego or anything now i just wanted to swim whats your excuse?”



“I just had to get out of there alright i’m over it, i’m sick of having to avoid you and Cameron, our schools not that big!” I yelled frustrated that he was able to make fun of me and be so light hearted when i felt so far from that.

“Avoiding me?” he questioned “Am i really driving you that crazy that your purposely avoiding me?” he taunted

“Alexander you told me to stay away from you!” I yelled, i don’t think anyone had ever had the ability to make me so mad in my entire life. And yet Lex got under my skin so easily.

“I can practically see the steam come off your little body.” he laughed taking me in, in my bikini “I think you need to cool down.” he chuckled and before i knew what was happening Lex had run past launching me into the river and diving in after me.


“Lex” I yelled spitting out water as i came back up my legs and arms flailing about wildly trying to keep myself afloat.
Lex came up laughing, not understanding my distress “Lex i can’t swim.” I was starting to panic
“I can’t swim!” I yelled again.



“Fuck Mila.” I felt his hands on my waist and i clung to him like my life depended on it and let out a scared sob.

“Your okay, I've got you.” He whispered, his mouth next me ear before he lifted me back up so i was sitting on the dock again, i quickly scooted back but still let my legs dangle over into the water.

Alexander also lifted himself out of the water and sat next to me on the dock, his whole body facing me and all his attention on me but i didn't want to look at him, i didn't want him to see me scared and fragile again.

“Im so sorry Angel i didn't know…” he mumbled and he sounded genuine, and i couldn't be mad at him for something he knew nothing about.



“It okay,” We were both quiet for a while but not for one second did Lex take his eyes off me. “My older brother, he ummm…. i was 5 and we still lived in our old house, we had this massive pool he was a year older then me and we were mucking around and he fell into the pool knocking his head on the edge of the pool and died.”

I don't think i had ever told anyone that in my entire life, and i had no idea what compelled me to tell Alexander James of all people.

“I never, i didn't even know you had a brother.” He mumbled clearly lost for words.

“I’m not sure if anyone here does we moved here almost right after and no one speaks of it.” I mumbled a little saddened by this fact.

“How….”He let his question drift and i finally looked at him for the first time since getting out of the water to find he was staring deeply into the water.

“How what?” I propped wanting to know his question.

“How do you get through that and still have so much faith, how do your parents?” He asked

It was the why question. The question i had receive a thousand times and one i could not answer. Why did that happen to a sweet 6 year old boy who had done nothing wrong why was his life shortened, taken? why did God…

It could go on and on and at the end of the day everyone was going to have their own opinions on the matter and i didn't have answers…i didn't know.

“I just have to believe that there was a reason for it, i have to Lex, i have to believe that there was a reason and that he is in a better place.” I shook my head.
“Can we not talk about this any more please?” I asked

“So the little Angel isn’t so perfect and obedient.” He laughed going back to the jigging school thing.



“Im not perfect and don't call me obedient, I'm not a dog.” I frowned pushing at his arm not that it made him budge.

“You are perfect and no obedient is not the right word.” He chuckled “Play twenty questions with me.”

“Was that a question or a demand?” I asked

“Your right it wasn’t a question.”

“Who’s the first guy you ever kissed?” He asked anyway, he was going to try so hard to get under my skin with this game but two could play at that.

“Gary Southerland.” I laughed

“Seriously?” He mumbled

“Why do you keep going to the church?” I asked smiling at him, the look he gave me though it wasn't a smile in return. I had completely shocked him by it and he lifted himself off the pier and back into the water going straight under and not surfacing for a good few seconds.

“Don’t ask me that question Mila.” He sighed coming back out of the water, his hair was all slicked back and his lip ring was all glossy. His upper chest and board shoulders strong, the black stroke of tattoos that weaved over his shoulder came forward onto his chest and he was completely distracting.

“Do you trust me?” He asked coming back to where i sat and floating in the water just in front of me.

“No.” I mumbled back and he nodded

“Good, don’t.” And with that he reached out standing a little taler and placing his hands on my waist picked me up off the pier and lifted me back into the water. Panicking slightly i clung to him again wrapping my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist. I should have been embarrassed or ashamed but i never felt either of those things when i was around Lex.

“I’ve got you okay.” he murmured in my ear holding me tight as he moved back into the water. I let up on my death grip slightly when he had stopped moving and we were just floating but i was never going to be brave enough to let go.

“What are you doing? why did you bring me out here?” I asked a little frustrated by him.

“Cause i love the water, its calming and cool and can be lots of fun.” He moved his hands over my hips in the most sensual way. “You should know what thats like.” he told me grazing his nose down from the bridge of my nose to the tip, much like he had done at the bar. But this time he didn’t leave it open for me to make the decisions this time there was no stopping him.

I felt his hands grip at my hips harder at the same time i felt his soft wet lips meet mine in a hard and hungry way that left nothing to the imagination. The want and need that came off him was palpable and i oddly found myself matching it, opening for him to taste at me. My hands pulled at the scruff of his hair at the back of his neck and my legs tightened around his waste. He pulled away a minute or so later for air and rested my forehead against his i could feel his breath run over my face and i eat it up.

“What are you doing to me?” he mumbled

“I was about to ask you the same thing.” I replied, he quickly snuck a hard peck and bit at my bottom lip in a playful manner that i hadn't seen from Lex yet, but it made me giggled want him to do it again.

In the distance i heard a phone start ringing it wasn't mine and i heard and felt Lex groan into my skin.

“Im ignoring it.” He mumbled his mouth pressed to the curve of my neck, the phone stopped and then instantly started again.

“Get it, its obviously important.” He groaned again before lifting me back up onto the dock and then getting out himself and running over to his phone picking it up just in time.

“Yes this is Alexander…” I heard him say “Fuck, is she okay?” and then a “Yep i will be there as soon as possible thanks for calling me.” he sounded frustrated and a little panicked.


“Ive gotta go,” he mumbled, struggling to put his jeans back on his wet legs.

“Is everything okay?” i asked approaching him and also trying to put my shorts back on, i suddenly felt very naked.

“No, that was the hospital, my mums been brought in.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys,

Sorry this took so long for me to get out i have actually caught up and now have nothing pre written, I've also managed to score a little overseas trip and work has been hectic so getting this to you has been a slow process.

None the less thank you so much for the support and comments please keep it up let me know what you think and where you would like to see this go.
http://www.polyvore.com/lake/set?id=190764535