The Preacher's Daughter

Whisper

Image

I hated Mondays, I always felt like Sundays were such big days for me that it made Mondays even worse. I quickly got up and ready for school grabbing a toaster waffle on my way out the door yelling goodbye to my parents just as Jasmine pulled into my drive way to pick me up.

It wasn’t till I was seated quietly in her car that I thought about Alexander again and the 101 questions that popped into my head about the whole ordeal. Was it wrong for me to want to question him, I'm sure it went again everything my farther taught to be nosey and intrusive plus what made me think for one second that the town bad boy was going to give me the time of day to ask any sort of question let alone answer my stupid questions.

“What are you thinking about over there, your awfully quiet?” Jaz knows when I’ve got something on my mind, but I actually didn’t want to tell her about this one.

“Oh nothing I'm just tired, and I hate Mondays.” I mumbled just as we pulled up to school.

“Tell me about it and I start with calculus.” She grumbled back and I had to giggle at her.

The day went by pretty smoothly, the few classes I had with Alexander I noticed he didn’t show up to, I was guessing that meant he didn’t show up to school at all and that made my curiosity grow.

Monday after school I worked a few hours at one of the local Diners called ‘Penny’s’ it was pretty much just to save up for a car and because I liked to keep myself busy.

It was easy work simply taking orders, serving the customers and keeping the place tidy. I also pretty much knew everyone in this town and they all also knew me at the pastor’s daughter which sometimes was a lot to live up to, but at the end of the day I simply tried my best to live up to what my father would expect of me.

“Good afternoon Mrs. Fields, Miss Laroly, how are you today?” I asked both ladies they were regulars here and quite well known in our community.

“Oh our beautiful Mila were good darling how are you?” Mrs. Fields replied, this was the general lovely reaction I got from the older side of our community they all loved and adored me because of my family.

“I'm fine thank you, were you both just after your usual orders?” I asked

“Oh course dear” Miss Laroly replied and I was on my way again.

No more then twenty minutes later the door opens and three guys walk in and I know I'm not going to get the same lovely reaction with these three as I got with the ladies previously.

Drew Moore, Kane Peters and Alexander James were the terrible trio all from the wrong side of town, all always getting themselves in trouble at school, with drugs with the law. They were intimidating like you wouldn’t believe especially for someone like me who I knew they didn’t care for. But I was still curious after last night finding Alexander in the church…I wonder if his friends knew about that? I doubted it but I was way to scared to ask.

Instead I went to get their orders off them, as soon as Alexander saw me coming he ducked his head back down and refused to make any sort of eye contact.

“Hi guys, what can I get you?” I asked politely.

“Aarrhh… can I just get a coke and a burger,” Kane spoke up first he had quite long dark hair and had his motorbike helmet sitting on the table in front of him.

“Ill get a coke too but can I just get some cheesy fries please,” Drew spoke up he has shorter hair and wouldn’t be quite so intimidating if he didn’t have his left arm covered completely in tattoos.

“Ill just get the same.” Alexander still wouldn’t look at me and could barley spit out a sentence there was no way his mates knew and I almost got the feeling he was a little embarrassed.

Taking their orders I went about my business trying to get through my shift as quickly as possible before my mum would get here to pick me up.

About ten minutes before my shift was to end I felt a hand roughly grab at my upper arm and forcefully drag me back to where the bathrooms were, where no one could see us.

“What are you do…” my sentence got cut off short when Alexander stopped me

“No you listen to me love, I don’t want to hear single whisper about what happened last night.”

“But I just want know…” I tried

“No see you don’t get it do you… you don’t get to ask any questions, you don’t get to say a single word.” He had trapped me up against the wall his arms blocking me from getting away from him as he leaned over me completely trapping me in. “If I hear that you have told a single soul about it I promise to make your life a living fucking hell.” And with that he released me and stormed out to meet his friends again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know its a little bit of a filler, but please do let me know what you think of our characters xx