The Preacher's Daughter

Home

Image

“Are you alright Mila?” he asked sincerely approaching me a little slowly like he was scared of my reaction I nodded at him not sure my voice worked properly. “Did he…did he umm are you okay…okay?” I knew what he meant.

“He didn’t…”I mumbled “I'm okay…” and with that the water works started up again and Alexander wrapped me in his arms pulling me to him in the most protective manner resting his head on top of mine and just letting me cry. “I’m sorry Alexander…” I hiccupped “Thank you.” I mumbled trying to wipe at my tears while still being in his arms.

“Its alright, and its just Lex okay?” I nodded once more and he released me from his hold, backing up a little bit. “Are you alright to get home?” he asked.

Oh no, I really hadn’t thought about that at all I was supposed to be staying at Ally’s house and if I went home my parents would know something was wrong and they would pry. And the last thing I wanted to do was go back to Ally’s she was probably still out with Adam and I didn’t want her to know about any of this, hopefully she would be too consumed in herself and Adam to ask me about Cameron and I. But where did that leave me tonight, I could go back to the church and stay there, I knew where the spare key was but there wasn’t a bed or anything there.

“You can’t go home can you?” Lex’s words broke me out of my thought process and I shook my head-indicating no.

“I was supposed to stay at Ally’s and that’s the last place I want to be and if I go home my parents are going to ask too many questions, I can’t lie to them…I don’t know where to go.” I mumbled the last part, I crouched down suddenly feeling exhausted I just wanted to sit but Lex wasn’t going to let me.

“Aarrhhh come on then.” He moaned and started walking not waiting for me at all.

“Where are you going?” I asked following him

“My place,” that made me stop

“I ummm, I almost just got raped by some prick and now you want me to follow you home, the guy who threatened me a couple days ago so you can do what, try what he failed!” I almost yelled at him.

“One: I didn’t know you could say the word prick, the angels got a dirty mouth. Two: I just saved you from being raped, don’t you think if I wanted my chance I would have done it already.
Three: you’re a bit insulting
and Four: where the fuck else are you going to go at this time of night.”

The way he started at me waiting looking for me to challenge him, but I just glared at him and walked straight past him in the direction that he was heading, fine I would take him up on his offer but that’s it I would never speak to him again after this.

“Don’t call me angel,” Is all I said as I kept walking.
I heard Lex laugh at me as he jogged to keep up with me and then I let him lead as I didn’t know where he lived. Though I stayed close by his side as the area beyond the train tracks got scarier and scarier to walk through at two in the morning.
There were people still outside making a ruckus and doing god knows what and I moved to walk closer to Lex.

“Were not far.” He mumbled a few minutes later I think he could tell I was nervous I kept fiddling with the fabric of my dress and ringing my hands out. 
He turned to walk up the drive way of a little run down red brick house the front yard had nothing but weeds for grass and the paint on the black door was chipping.

“This is where you live?” I asked a little shocked

“What did you expect a mansion Angel? Now be quiet my uncles gonna be asleep on the couch and my mums gonna be asleep as well.” He mumbled fitting the key silently in the door and dragging me in by the wrist after him he led me straight into his bedroom. It’s the first time id been in a boys bedroom, well a boy who I hadn’t be friends with since I was like three.

He closed the door and flicked the lights on and I took the opportunity to take in my surroundings there was a double bed pushed up against the window and the wall and a small built in closet with an old acoustic guitar sat in the corner and a small tv sitting on top of a milk crate. It was only a small room but it was surprisingly tidy.

“You can take the bed ill sleep on the floor,” Lex mumbled with his back to me he was searching through his closet. He turned around pulling out a pair of basketball shorts and a t-shirt and handed them to me. “You can sleep in these, the bathroom is directly across the hall.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Its a short one but i'd still love to know your thoughts