The Preacher's Daughter

Rome...

Image

“Lex where are you taking me?” I ask after a few minutes.

 

“Haven't you ever just wanted to do what you wanted, to be able to make your own choices right or wrong. Just in the moment choices where no one has these Godly expectations of you and you can just be yourself?”


He asks not at all answering my question but leaving me with even more questions then I started with.

 
“Lex?” I question again, we are headed further and further from the main part of town and I've become a little worried that I probably shouldn't have gotten into a car with an angry Alexander James.

 

“Tonight can you please just try to be yourself. Like the you, you are when no ones watching you Angel?” He asks me instead.



Looking over at him from the passenger seat his profile in the night sky is haunting with bright blue eyes that speak volumes. His using both hands to drive and his knuckles are clenched white, frustration and torment obvious in his posture and face. 

Not long later we pull into the parking of what looks to be an old rundown bar called ‘Old Ale’s’ it's out of town and closer to the next one over so I doubt I would see anyone I know here which is a relief. Even from the outside the place looks dirty and grimy and has quite a number of old cars, trucks and motorbikes parked in the lot. 



“Why on earth am I here with you?” I sigh tired of this already.


“Your the one who got into my car sweetheart I didn't force you.” His comeback is smart


“Yea shut up.” Is my only reply and I get a really nice laugh in return 


“I like it when the Angel back talks it's cute.” And with that he got out of the car and I followed suite a little scared of what's in stall for me to be honest. 
As we walk closer to the entrance a big burly looking biker is at the door and now I'm shit scared.

 

“Lex I'm not gonna be let in”. I realise out loud I’m only 17 and I probably don't pass for a day over 16. He doesn't say anything in return instead he simply takes my hand in his linking our finger and I'm shocked by the feel it leaves me with both physically and well I don't know. But our hands fit a little too well and I want to drop it instantly but everything around me scares me more so I stay where I am and let Lex guide me 

He shakes hands with the scary bouncer at the door and I have no issue getting in clearly he is a regular here. 

Never letting go of my hand he wanders straight up to the bar taking a seat and dragging another stool closer for me to sit next to him.


“Hey Lex what can I get you?” The guy behind the bar asks he doesn’t appear to be much older then me early to mid twenties with a beard and tattoos on his hands.



“Can I get a Jack and coke…” he now turns to me and I know he is asking what I want but I have never really had alcohol before but I can’t stop Lex’s earlier words from playing in my mind. ‘Haven't you ever just wanted to do what you wanted to be able to make your own choices…’

And it makes me hesitate because I can see the truth in his words and it wouldn’t be the first time i’ve had these thoughts. So instead of answering him because I simply don’t know how to I give him the smallest nod of approval before shrinking back and playing with my hands.

“…and a vodka and raspberry Josh.” I hear within seconds we have our drinks placed in front of us and Lex has already skulled half of his back. I pick up my glass but I have no confidence in myself or my choices. The realistic side of me is telling me that I know one drink won't hurt me in the long run and to just suck it up but its not until I feel Lex’s hand rest on my knee that I have the courage to actually drink it. Its not bad sweet really with a little burn in the after taste.

“Josh do you know if Max is here tonight?” Lex asks the bar tender

“Yea he’s just at the far table in the corner” he points.

“Stay here yea? Give me two minutes.” And with that he is gone and I continue to sip on my drink as I watch Alexander. He doesn’t chat with this Max character he actually seems very short with him and his posture is stiff I watch as Lex pulls a small bag of something out of his pocket and takes a wad of cash of this Max character.


And now I am really scared because although I know I live a sheltered life I know what I just saw and that right there was not legal or something I can talk myself into thinking is acceptable or not going to hurt me like this drink. Now I know I'm being plain stupid by even sitting here.



“Take me home right now!” I demand as soon as Alexander gets back

“Aahh come on Angel, just have fun with me tonight.” He whines

“I know what I just saw, I'm not stupid.” I defend

“okay, okay quieten down.” He tells me dragging my stool closer to him “it was honestly nothing a little bit of weed nothing that is going to hurt anyone.” He tries to justify.

“Alexander.” I protest

“Look you weren’t supposed to see that, and I'm not taking you home right now so how about you pretend you like me and we try and have fun yea?” he asks and I sulk knowing I'm not going to win so instead I drink down the rest of my drink. When in Rome…
♠ ♠ ♠
Hiya, thanks again for the comments and subscriptions, its much appreciated.
Things are about to get interesting, so hang in there for me... Also why do you think Lex keeps going to church?
Im curious to know what you think.
Lastly i keep making Polyvore outfits for Mila and i keep forgetting to post them so click this link
http://www.polyvore.com/bar/set?id=184387009