The Preacher's Daughter

What?

Image

“Do you know how to play pool?” He asks a little while later as he spots a pool table become free and drags me over to it taking both our drinks with him.

“Yea kinda.” I tell him, though honestly it’s a game my grandfather taught me when I was 10 years old and I know I can beat him.

“Ok so ill set up do you want Solid or Stripes?” he asks “The solids are these ones with the full colours or the stripes have the well the white stripes?” did he think i was dumb as well as naive? Gosh i couldn’t wait to beat him.

“I kinda like the stripes.” I smile, I can play his game, though it scares me a little that I want to.
“Can I break them?” I ask and he nods at me in return, he finishes setting them up and then hands me the pool cue. Directing me around the table with his hand on my waist talking to me about the best way to break the balls and not to worry if none go in.

So when i get two in, in the break and then another in before i miss a shot i hand over the cue with a sly smile.

“Are you playing me?” He asks

“I have no idea what you mean.” I cant help but laugh and I'm sure that gives me away but i don’t really care.

“Oh so the Angels got game,” He laughs and i think i hear him mumble the word sexy but i cant be sure and i’d rather not know. And so our game goes on and another order of drinks is placed and Lex skulls his back quickly while I'm barley sipping at mine.

I win our first game and i really cant help but laugh about it not cause I'm a bad sport but because Lex was so sure that i had no clue what was going on.
“You are so fucking cheeky.” Lex mumbles encroaching in on me and looming over me he's way too close but I'm not uncomfortable.

“I am not.” i rebuff

“You are, letting me believe…” I cut him off

“Letting you believe! you shouldn't make assumptions Alexander.” he's shaking his head at me but has a brilliant smile on his face.

“I want a rematch,” he declares “but I'm going to go to the bathroom first you set up as clearly you know what your doing.” I nod and start to collect the balls for our next game as he disappears to the mens.

He must not even be gone a full minute before i feel someone come up behind me putting a lot of their body weight on me and pressing me between them and the pool table. I know its not Lex cause it doesn’t smell like him and cause i know he wouldn't do this to me. And as i try to push back, instead I'm forced to turn around and wedged even harder into the pool table.

“Get off me!” I try to yell at him but the music seems to be too loud or maybe i just cant hear myself properly either way theres no point its not like this guy is going to listen.

He is a big burly guy who i noticed was sitting with the guy Lex dealt to earlier. He is much bigger then Cameron and i know i have no hope but at least this is in a public place right.

“Way too sexy to be not be shared around i mean surly you should be shared.” his words make my skin crawl and when i push him this time he restrains my hands and so i try my hardest to push and wriggle and put up a fight with my whole body.
But its as though this guy is getting kicks out of me fighting and starts kissing at my neck, he smells like beer and i know he’s drunk and i try to scream but its like I've lost my voice.

And then i hear the scream but its not coming from me.
“Get your filthy fucking hands off her.”Lex yells pulling the guy from me and i’m pushed to the floor by the impact. And then Lex lays into him profusely throwing punches one after the other and i try to scream for him to stop cause i’m sure if he keeps this up he will kill the guy. But he doesn't hear me and he keeps going until security pull him off and throw him out the door. And i chase after him profusely apologising to the security.

I find Lex leant up against one of the brick walls of the building a little further down. His head hung back and a smoke in his hand, he looks a mess and he looks like he is still fuming.

“Lex” I mumble stepping up directly in front of him

“Can you just leave me alone for a second please?” he mumbles back clenched teeth he takes another drag clearly trying to calm himself. I don't listen though and move closer to him

‘Fucking Hell Mila, you need some self defence classes or something, i cant protect you and you need protection.”

“Teach me,” I laugh trying to break him out of this mood he's in. It doesn't work though cause the look he gives me could kill. “I’m sorry, i didn’t…”

“I know.” he goes to take another puff but i take the smoke from him instead and drop it to the floor.

“This is a really bad habit.” i tell him and the look of outrage on his face as he steps closer to me is a little comical.

“It’s just a good stress relief,” he tells me

“Then you need to find a better one.” i mumble suddenly a little shocked by how close we are, if i leant up slightly our lips could touch.

“Kiss me then,” he states dead serious

“What?” i mumble ever so lightly i can feel the tip of his nose graze down my forehead, run over my nose and his breath as he mumbles

“Kiss me,”

The pull i feel to meet his desire is unprecedented, we are so close and i have never felt this sort of desire or need to be closer to another human being in my life. I can feel his nose graze over my lips drawing me in further if that is even possible. All it would take is for Alexander to drop his head slightly, but i know that he is waiting for me to make the move, this is my choice.

“in the moment choices where no one has these Godly expectations of you and you can just be yourself”. Lex’s words from earlier ring back in my head and i know that he is right so before i can second guess myself i reach up and connect our lips its a surprisingly soft and slow kiss which almost seems contradictory to everything Alexander James is.

His hands reach out grabbing at my waist to pull me closer to him and with that one of my hands reaches up to grab at his neck while my other is fisted in his shirt and i can feel him shiver into my sudden touch and then he tries to pull me closer again. All the while our kiss is getting rougher like his need for me is increasing and i can’t have imagined ever feeling this needy and desperate for someone in my life, its a complete whirlwind and then before i know what is even happening Alex has pushed me away slightly shaking his head and i don't know what is happening.

“Come on I've gotta get you home.” he mumbles guiding me back to the car without another word between us. The entire car ride back is deadly silent and i can cut the tension with a knife. Its awful because i cant stop my brain from thinking everything over and i honestly can not believe that i just kissed him and that it was the most intense moment of my life. And for Lex to be the one to break it up to step back from me and almost realise that what is happening is wrong and for it not to come from me is absolutely ridiculous what is going on with me?

We are parked out the front of the church where i left my dad’s car when Lex finally speaks again.

“We can’t do this…” he mumbles “you watched me tonight sell drugs like it was nothing it wasn’t my first time and it won’t be my last, i get into bar fights and my life is an absolute mess. I’m no good for you, this wont happen again and you will stay away from me alright.”

I knew that he was right, everything he said was right i had no part in this sort of life an i couldn't condone to stand by and watch this sort of thing happen. He was telling me exactly what i needed to hear.
“I know.” i mumbled back opening the door to get out and to leave all this weirdness behind i wouldn't look back and i wouldn't think over it i couldn’t allow myself to be involved with someone like Alexander James it was nonsense to even think about in the first place.

Getting out of the car i walked around the front towards my dad’s car.
“Angel” I heard him call me and his drivers side door open i was standing so close to it he almost opened it into me anyway.
“Come here,” he mumbled pulling at my hand so i was infront of him now and before i even had a second to think his lips we back on mine hot and fast this time, it only lasted a few seconds before he stepped back.

“I just needed to taste you one last time.” he mumbled before getting back into his car and going to close the door it made me jump back out of the way a little before he started back up and drove off leaving me in the church car park a hot mess with no idea what just happened.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for making you wait so long, but i really really want to know what you think of this chapter.