Status: More will be coming soon, promise. You WILL have a few chapters before sept 31.

Blush.

0015.

The weekend went slowly, me becoming extremely anxious as more time passed by. Frank hadn’t come to talk to me and I almost wished he would get it over and done with to put me out of my misery. I wasn’t even sure I liked him so if he was looking for a relationship, he was going to be slightly disappointed.

It ended up being Quinn who had knocked on my door, not Frank, which surprised me. And he was around me all weekend anyway, so I couldn’t talk to Frank alone even if I wanted too. Quinn wouldn’t leave me free for even enough time to yank a wedgie from my ass.

He managed to find something to fill in every inch of spare time I had whilst at home, so it was a relief to escape that Monday and go to work.

The book shop was extremely quiet though, except for an old couple who came in to look at some of the antique books. It was nearing the end of my shift and I was dreading going home for fear of Quinn and Frank.

I stalled as long as I could, double-checking the tacky security systems and the till; I even walked home so slowly that I felt like I wasn’t getting anywhere.

When I finally arrived home I was surprised to find that no one was even home. I searched every room and called out several times but no answer ever came. Giving up, I walked into the kitchen and sat at the table with a bag of pistachio nuts.

My thoughts wandered across plains of uncertain confusion, every now and again thinking of my Mum who had disowned me when I left. That hurt, but it was something I was now used to living with; my whole family had practically disowned me anyway.

I lapsed between reality and my thoughts for quite some time, mulling over recent events. Eventually, I came to think about my encounter with Mikey; that was the first time I’d seen him since I’d left home.

The whole thing was painful but I suppose we got somewhere. He did ask me to stay…even though he also asked me to come home. But that’s beside the point. We got somewhere and that’s important.

“Gerard! Are you home yet?”

I jumped at the sound of Frank’s voice and I starting shaking. “Y-yeah!” I yelled back.

Frank bounced into the kitchen heading immediately for the fridge. When he turned around he had a bottle of orange juice in his hand and started chugging it straight from the bottle.

“Frank! Quinn and I have to drink that too! And we prefer it if it was without your germs,” I cried.

Frank looked at me blankly. “You’ll live.”

Glaring at him I stood up and walked out of the room. He’s an immature little shit. I could tell he was following me but I ignored him, pushing the door so it hit him when I walked into my room and flopped on the bed.

“Hey, don’t be like that,” he laughed, closing the door behind him as he walked in. “I need to talk to you anyway.”

I groaned, “What about? Can’t it wait?”

“Wait until when?”

“Next century, hopefully,” I mumbled in reply. Frank ignored it.

“I want to talk to you about Quinn,” he said, glancing subconsciously over his shoulder at the door.

“Where is he now?” I asked cautiously.

“With some guy. He wouldn’t even let me say hello!” Frank answered.

“I wonder why.”

Frank glared at me before continuing, “Look, I was just wondering if he had said anything to you because when Quinn and I are alone he treats me like dirt. And when you’re around he keeps you away from me like I’ve got the bubonic plague.”

I stared at Frank for a few moments before replying. “What does this have to do with Quinn’s guy friend?”

Frank shook his head, “Nothing. This is just Quinn.”

“Oh. Well, why are you asking me? He hasn’t said anything to me. Unless…” I trailed off remembering what Quinn had said about Frank and him being lonely.

“Unless what?!”

“He said something about you but it doesn’t have anything to do with this, so it doesn’t matter,” I answered, lying back on my pillows and staring up at the ceiling.

“Gerard!” he whined. “If you don’t tell me, I’ll make you.”

“Go ahead,” I mumbled.

It took all of two seconds for Frank to dive on my bed and straddle me until I was pinned to the bed. It’s so cliché when everyone says things like, ‘don’t judge a book by its cover.’ Cliché, but true. Frank was a small guy but when he wanted to turn on the muscle, you were screwed because I couldn’t even move from underneath his grip.

“Now tell me,” he growled, his face inches from mine with a playful smile plastered across his lips.

“Frank,” I whispered, completely aware of the little movements of his hips, “Get off me.”

“Tell me and then I will,” he answered in the same soft tone, a cheeky glint in his eyes.

“You tell Quinn I told you and you’re dead,” I muttered grudgingly.

Frank nodded, his faces still inches form mine so that when his lips passed mine they were nearly touching.

“He said that you’re actually pretty lonely and want someone special to love you and vice-versa. Something like that,” I mumbled, my eyes searching his as I spoke.

Frank didn’t move and his expression remained blank, still staring into my eyes as I was his. His mouth opened for a moment before he closed it again obviously thinking better of what he was about to say. It was a few moments of silence before he finally said anything.

“I have to give Quinn some credit, I guess; he’s more intelligent than he looks,” he chuckled. Seeming to notice that I was still pinned beneath him, he moved backwards to sit meekly on the end of my bed. His eyes remained directly on me as I got into a sitting position.

“So he’s right?” I asked, not entirely surprised.

Frank nodded, his small playful smile reappearing, “Why? You think you’re special?”

I stared at him a moment. “Yeah, why not?” I answered, flirting back.

His small smile turned into a wide grin. Crawling over to me, he positioned me so I was leaning back a little, caught under his arms. He smiled at me and then leaned down and began kissing and nipping the skin under my ear lightly. Lost in the feeling of his lips against my neck, I had to hold back a small moan of satisfaction.

“I guess I’d have to agree,” Frank whispered, his breath tickling my ear in a way that sent exhilarating shivers up and down my spine.

Trying to concentrate, although I was finding it extremely hard, I prayed that Quinn would stay out longer. I was surprised at this but quickly pushed all thoughts away when Frank’s lips touched my jaw and trailed down to my collarbone which he licked softly.