Status: More will be coming soon, promise. You WILL have a few chapters before sept 31.

Blush.

0019.

I arrived at the restaurant that Mikey had told me to come to late. I didn’t mean to but Quinn insisted on straightening my hair with the new straightener his boyfriend had bought him.

I looked around, trying to spot Mikey whilst feeling extremely uncomfortable. The restaurant was one that reminded me of my past, the ones Mum used to take me to when she had a social outing with her friends.

“May I help you, sir?”

I jumped, startled, “S-sorry?”

“May I help you?” the waiter repeated. He was dressed in a tuxedo and looked really formal.

“Err, yes. I’m looking for a Mikey Way?” I answered, still scanning the crowd for my brother.

“Let me be of assistance and I shall escort you to his table, sir,” the waiter replied, ever polite.

“Thanks,” I said hesitantly. I was now unused to the manners that were shown because I hadn’t been in this sort of situation in a long time. I followed, my eyes flying at rapid speed to those around me at other tables.

“Here we are, sir.”

I looked past the waiter and saw Mikey smiling up at me, dressed casually. I felt a little comfortable now, dressed in my skinnies, black shirt and black denim jacket. I took my seat wondering if Mikey would say anything.

“So?”

“We’ll order first. Then we can talk, yeah?” he said more than asked. He signalled for the waiter and ordered something which I didn’t quite catch before I could say anything.

“Okay, now that’s out of the way we can talk,” he started. He must have seen the scepticism in my eyes because he paused and asked me if I was alright.

“I’m fine,” I replied tightly. “I would just prefer if this were over with because I have some things I need to attend to urgently.” My tone and words were formal; it seemed fitting for the place I was in.

“Well I’ll make things quick then,” Mikey murmured, obviously a little put out. “I just wanted to say that I’m sorry. There that’s it.”

I almost sprayed the champagne I was sipping at all over the table and him. “What?” I spluttered, once I finished choking on the liquid which I managed to make go the wrong way down my throat. “Did you just apologize?”

“Yes, I did. I still have different views on the situation but I’m willing to agree to disagree and put this behind us.”

“Why?” I asked, my eyes narrowing. Mikey was always the only one who could get me mad and suspicious like this. Comes with being a little brother, I guess.

“Because Alicia and I are getting married and I’d like you to be my best man,” he explained with a sheepish grin.

“I’m not going,” I said flatly, pushing away the plate which had been put in front of me by a waiter.

Mikey’s eyes widened with shock. “Why not?”

I remained silent; I hadn’t thought of an answer for that one. I’d said no out of reaction, I honestly did not know why I didn’t want to go.

“Frank can come too,” he said desperately, trying to compromise. My thoughts paused when that came out of his mouth.

“Will you apologize to him as well?” I asked warily.

He nodded frantically. “I’ll treat him with utmost respect. I just want you to be there for my wedding and both of us on good terms. If it takes me having to apologize to Frank, then so be it,” he finished grudgingly, obviously unhappy with the compromise.

“I’ll go then,” I stated simply.

“Wait. What about Mum and everyone else? They won’t like me being there.”

“Don’t worry about them for the moment. I’ll sort it out.”

“Okay,” I mumbled, not so sure about going now.

Mikey seemed a little troubled by the outcome but visibly relaxed. “That settled, let’s eat.”

I didn’t feel too comfortable, but I ate anyway. We were both silent as we finished our meals, not so much as glancing at each other. I didn’t know what he had ordered me so at the end of the meal I was wary and unsure of how much it would cost me.

I began searching for my wallet before Mikey stopped me. “Leave it; the chef’s a friend and he owes me a favour so this is free.”

“Okay. Well make sure you tell him that the meal was delicious.”

“Do you even know what it is?”

“Nope.”

Mikey laughed. “Neither do I. I’ll tell him you liked it.”

“Thanks.” I smiled.

“I best let you go then, yeah?”

I nodded. “I need to sort some stuff out, as I said before.”

“Can I call you with the details?” he asked, his expression like a lost puppy.

“Yeah, I suppose so,” I answered grudgingly.

“Good. I’ll talk to you later then.” He grinned, his expression now composed.

“Sure.” We both walked out of the restaurant together but soon parted, going our separate ways.

When I got home Frank wasn’t there and neither was Quinn. I felt so alone. Curled up on my bed, I cried myself to sleep. I was happy that Mikey wanted to make up and all, but at what cost to my new family?