Status: More will be coming soon, promise. You WILL have a few chapters before sept 31.

Blush.

0021.

I was back at the art store the next morning, looking for some paint. I was in a painting mood and I’d run out of some colours. James was working, as usual, and his red hair was spiked up today.

“You’re back!” he cried when he saw me.

“Yeah, it’s been a while.” I smiled.

“Watcha here for now? More paint? Remember you have to show me all your paintings, mate.”

I smacked my hand to my head. “Oh yeah! I forgot. Um, I’ll give you my number before I leave so you can call me, okay?”

“Okay. So what colours are you here for today?” he asked, leaning on the counter with his head on his hands.

“Bit of everything to tell the truth,” I answered, already heading to the paint section.

“What about everything with Frank and Quinn? How’s that been going?” His question was hesitant but the curiosity was there, hard to disguise.

I glanced back at him from the back of the store and flashed him a smile. “Actually, everything’s been going really well, lately.”

“Good to hear, mate,” he said cheerily.

I continued to look through the assorted colours of paint as there was a wide selection.

It only took me a little while to choose out the paints I wanted, give James my number and get home. No one was there when I arrived; they were both out. Quinn with his boyfriend and Frank I’ve no idea where. I set up my paints and canvas and started painting, once again being lost in my own world where nothing but me and the paint existed.

I painted for house, until it was dark outside and my hand was cramping and sore. I stood back and looked at the canvas, it was no where near finished but it was already taking shape. The colours swirled together, a clash that made sense.

I was kind of proud of what I’d done. I admired my work for another few moments before heading out to the kitchen to start making dinner. I didn’t know when or if Frank and Quinn were coming home but I thought that I may as well make something. I was hungry, anyway.

I had just finished eating my dinner when Frank arrived home. I’d already put his dinner in the fridge and was going to ask him if he wanted it now but something stopped me. I guess I stood and stared at him for a moment too long because he looked at me funny and exclaimed, “What?”

The words came out of their own accord, “Mikey’s getting married.”

“And…?” Frank asked, looking blank.

“Frank,” I paused and sighed, “I’m going.”

“You’re going to his wedding?”

Frank was shocked, I could see that. I was waiting for him to blow up in a cloud of fury.

“Yeah,” I answered, not meeting his eyes properly. “And you’re invited.”

“Me?” he asked in disbelief.

I nodded, wishing with all my heart that Frank wouldn’t take this news too badly.

“I need to think,” he mumbled and walked past me and down the hall to his room. I let out a big breath and headed into the kitchen, collapsing into a chair at the dinner table. Quinn wasn’t home yet and I found myself hoping that he wouldn’t be too much longer.

Quinn helps when Frank needs to be talked too. They fight like immature teenagers most the time but they both can have a calming presence on each other.

I sat at the kitchen table, trying to not to cry. I didn’t know what to do. If my new family breaks up because of this I don’t I’ll ever be able to forgive myself.

I hope that Quinn’s home soon.