Status: More will be coming soon, promise. You WILL have a few chapters before sept 31.

Blush.

0023.

I wanted to know what the surprise was. I had been sitting in my room for the last half hour under room-arrest. I wasn’t allowed out at all, Quinn’s orders.

After the fifth time of whacking my head against the wall I got bored of it.

“Quinn!” I shouted. “Can I come out yet?!”

“Five more minutes,” came the faint reply.

“You said that ten minutes ago,” I grumbled beneath my breath.

Looking around my room, I noticed how messy it had gotten and had a sudden inspiration to clean it. Twenty minutes later, when I was finally satisfied with the cleanliness of my room, Frank knocked at my door.

“You can come out now,” he smiled.

I couldn’t help but smile back.

“What’s the surprise? Tell me, Frank! Please?” I begged.

“You’ll have to wait and see,” he laughed.

“Aw, you’re no fun.” I pouted.

He walked over and placed a small kiss on my lips. “Not now, I’m not,” he whispered against my lips, smirking.

“Frank! You better not be seducing Gerard! You’ll distract from the surprise!”

Frank pulled away reluctantly and I almost felt like whining and telling Quinn to fuck off. Frank took my hand and led me out of the room.

“Close your eyes,” he demanded.

I shut them and was thrown into complete darkness as I allowed Frank to lead me into what I thought was the lounge room.

“Open.”

I opened my eyes to a brand new couch and television. My eyes widened.

“One, how much did this cost, two, where did you get these from and three, how did you get these into our apartment without me noticing?” I wanted to scream at Quinn but I was too awed.

“They were free. I got them from some lady who didn’t want them and just gave them to me and Dan helped me,” Quinn explained, a smug smirk plastered on his face.

“Quinn, just…wow.” I was shocked. The couch and television just looked so…so new. Much better than our old ones. “How’d you set it up so quietly?”

“You and Frank really are oblivious to anything but each other sometimes,” Quinn muttered, raising a knowing eyebrow.

“Why is he looking at us like that?” Frank whispered to me.

“Because he thinks something is going on between us,” I answered, looking straight at Quinn and loud enough for him to hear too.

“Oh, come on. It’s so obvious. Ever since I met you guys I knew there was something between you. Whether you choose to realise it or not,” he pouted, determined to stick to his words.

“Yes, Quinnie-boy, whatever you wish to think,” I laughed. Frank was silent. I glanced at him and he was looking at the floor. I groaned internally. Had I said the wrong thing?

“Are you going to go out soon and see your boyfriend more?” I asked quickly.

Quinn glanced at Frank and must have realised what I was hinting at.

“Yeah, sure. We’ll check out the new television later. See you guys,” he said quickly, inching to the doorway. Before he left the room he mouthed to me, ‘good luck’.

Once he was gone, I turned to Frank. “Frank, I – ”

“Do you really think there’s nothing between us?” he cut me off.

“Well, is there?” I shot back.

“I don’t know, I’m asking you.”

“It’s not a one-sided thing.”

He frowned. “Well, is there? Because I always thought at least something was there.”

“I guess there is then.”

“But you just implied there was nothing,” he shouted.

“Frank, calm down. I never said there was nothing; I never said there was something. I never said anything certain. How do you know I don’t think the same thing?”

He sighed dramatically. “Fucking hell, Gerard. Stop being so difficult and just tell me whether or not you think there’s something between us?”

“Why does everything have to be such a drama with you?”

“Why won’t you just answer the fucking question?”

“Yes, I do, okay? I’ve always known, somewhere in my head. I just never recognised it. There. You happy?” I shouted back at him.

He took a few steps towards me and put his arms around my neck. “Yes, I am.”

And with that he pressed his lips to mine again. Our lips danced together and not once did either of us try to take it any further. I liked it that way.

When we pulled away I whispered, “Why does everything between us have to be so confusing and complicated?”

“I don’t know and, honestly, I don’t care because I’m used to life being pretty fucked up the ass anyway,” Frank chuckled.

“Yeah,” I mumbled, beginning to lead him by the hand to my room. He followed hesitantly. Once I reached my bed I pulled him down with me and snuggled into his side.

“Did you lead me into your room, all seductively, to just cuddle with me?” he asked softly into my ear.

I grinned. “Yeah, I did.”

“Tease,” he growled against my neck. Shivers ran down my spine.

“Oh yeah? I’m the tease am I?”

“Maybe.” His lips ghosted over my jaw, down my neck. “But we’re just cuddling, right?”

“Mmmhmm.”

Ring, ring.

I groaned, wanting the phone to just stop ringing. I don’t care who it is.

“I’ll be back in a moment, okay?” I mumbled, dragging my ass off my bed.

Frank groaned and I glanced back just in time to see his dark look he was throwing in the direction of the phone. I chuckled.

“Hello?”

“Hey, it’s Mikey.”

I paused, glancing at Frank. “Err, hey Mikey. What’s up?”

Ignoring the grumbles coming from Frank, I listened to Mikey as he told me the details of his wedding.

”I’ll pick you up, okay? Don’t worry about Mum or anyone else. Alicia and I want you there. I’ve talked to her about it all and she’s fine with it. Just make sure you, Frank and the other guy – Quinn, isn’t it? – are dressed nicely. I don’t care if you’re in jeans and a t-shirt or a tuxedo. Just…I want you to be there, Gee.”

Tears almost threatened to start flowing when he said that. He hadn’t called me Gee since we were little kids. And just…his whole speech.

“I’ll be there, Mikey. I promise,” I said softly. Frank’s grumbles had stopped.

“Thank you, Gee. It means a lot…I’ll call you in about a week, okay?”

“Okay, talk to you then. Bye Mikey.”

“Bye, Gerard.”

There was a short silence before Frank spoke up.

“When’s the wedding?”

“In about two weeks,” I answered quietly. “You’re coming. Whether you want to or not.”

“Ger –”

“No, Frank. I want you there. Please?” I looked at him with pleading eyes.

He stared back, his face pulled into a thoughtful frown. “Okay. Fine,” he finally answered.

“Thank you,” I smiled.

“You owe me big time though.”

I laughed, “Oh really?”

“Uh huh,” he nodded.

“Come what may.”

“Gee! Wait up! You have bigger legs than me!” Mikey screeched, chasing after me.

I slowed down a little, still dribbling the ball. “Come on, Mikes! You’re taking too long.”

Glancing back, I could see his little legs going as fast as they would, trying to catch up with me. I stopped completely, waiting for Mikey to catch up and when he did I gathered him in my arms and swung him around.

He squealed in delight, “Gee-Gee, more!”

Our laughs mingled together in light of the afternoon sun.
We were happy. Wewere are brothers.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've taken forever, I know. And I'm sorry.
Find a cure for Writer's Block and I'll love you forever.