Best Friends to the End

"Well, this sucks"

Daryl wasn't sure how long they had been sitting in the same spot, stealing kisses. The movie had long since ended and the blinds were closed blocking out any light.
He felt Sadie lightly bite his bottom lip and decided he didn't care, he would happily stay right here forever. Sadie rubbed her hand up his arm and lightly ran her finger nails down to his elbow before repeating the action again. This cause a low growl to escape his lips and Daryl pressed his finger tips into the skin on her hip. Her shirt had ridden up just enough for Daryl to touch her bare skin but he didn't try to do anything else. He was still waiting to find out this was all a joke.
"I think ya tryina kill me" he murmured against her lips, catching his breath.
Sadie flicked her eyes opened and gave him a small smile, "I wish I'd have told you to kiss me years ago."
Her words sent a shiver through him and he grunted an agreement before attaching their lips again.
"D", Sadie said pulling back from him a bit, "I need to talk to you about something."
'Here we go', Daryl thought, 'this is where she tells me she made a mistake.' He sat up right before pulling her into a sitting position beside him.
Sadie's face pulled into a worried look and she began fiddling with her hands.
Daryl took one of her hands in his and used the pointer finger on his other hand to lift her chin to face him.
"Go 'head, break my heart" he said becoming cold.
"What?" Sadie asked, a shocked expression taking over the worried one.
"I know what ya gonna say- 'I made a mistake, I shouldn'ta kiss ya, let's not talk 'bout it..." Daryl started listing off excuses.
"Are you completely crazy?!" Sadie questioned, "why on earth... No... D, I'm trying to tell you my family is moving!" Sadie exclaimed.
Now it was Daryl's turn to be shocked, "what?!"
"Over spring break we found out my Grammie isn't doing so well. Mamma and daddy are putting the house up for sale and we're moving back to Florida as soon as the school year is over" Sadie said, a few tears slipping from her eyes. She wiped them away as fast as possible, not wanting Daryl to see her cry.
Daryl didn't know what to say. He had a million questions but nothing seemed to be the right thing to say.
"Well...", he began, "this fuckin sucks".
Sadie just nodded.
Daryl wrapped his arm around her shoulders and pulled her into him. "We have two months to figure out how to make you not leave."
Sadie wrapped her arms around him, "I tried telling my parents I needed to stay. They said I'm not old enough and they can't make sure I finish school, blah blah blah." This time Daryl wiped away the tear that fell. "That's why I wanted to come home so early. The first thing I thought when they told me was 'what about Daryl?' And the more I thought about it the more I needed to be with you..." Sadie trailed off, hoping she didn't sound desperate and stupid.
Daryl chewed on his thumbnail for a minute before saying "well, school ends in June right?"
Sadie nodded.
"Then ya turn 18 in November, right?"
She nodded again, trying to see where this was going.
"So, ya be 'moved' to Florida for four months. Then when ya turn 18 you are legally 'llowed to leave. Ya come back ta me and we fin a place, a 'partment or somethin, and finish school 'gether" Daryl pieced together.
Sadie had a smile stretched all the way across her face by the time he finished his plan. "It just might work" she said, kissing him with renewed excitement.
Daryl pulled her leg over his lap so she was straddling him and wrapped his arm tightly around her waist to pull her in.
Sadie wrapped her arms around his neck and deepened the kiss.
She rested her forehead against his and pulled her lips back, "promise you won't get sick of waiting for me before November?"
Daryl laughed, "I've waited for 17 years a few more months won't kill me."
Sadie sat back on his legs before speaking, "one thing though. We can't let my parents see us kiss. They will never let me move back if they think we're going to be sex crazed teenagers."
Daryl turned bright red at her words but said, "whatever it takes."
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter was sort of rushed. The idea was in my head and I was trying to get it out as fast as I could without forgetting it! I hope you guys enjoy it!