Best Friends to the End

Passing Time

Sadie sat in the big bay window of her new, but temporary, bedroom staring out. It had been three months since they left Georgia and Daryl. The new house was beautiful, but it wasn't home. She wanted to be home.

"Ya still there?" Daryl spoke into her ear.

"Mhmm, just thinking", Sadie replied into the phone as she stood from the window.

They had made it almost a tradition to talk on the phone each morning as Daryl drove to work. Then of course they texted all day long. They even sent actual mail, which Sadie thought was romantic.

"Jus' five weeks now", Daryl reminded her.

"I can't wait, seriously", Sadie said. She really couldn't. She had wanted so many times to drive to Georgia to see him. Her parents wouldn't let her. They had finally decided, after a very long talk, to let her move back when she turned 18. Daryl, working so much and apartment hunting when he wasn't working, hadn't been able to visit Florida either.

"I miss ya", Daryl said quietly.

Sadie figure that meant he had pulled up to the garage and the other guys were around. She smiled to herself before replying, "I miss you back. And I love you."

"Ya got no idea how much I love ya", Daryl answered back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, so wow. I'm super sorry it has taken so long to update this. Honestly, I got so involved in my other story I kind of forgot about it. This is a super short chapter since it's filler before their reunion chapter, which is next :)