Unpredictable

2

I woke up to Calum's legs entwined with mine, and the distinct sound of a door slamming and my brother's voice calling my name.

"Cal, wake up!" I shook the boy next to me and he groaned.

"What?" He asked.

"Get under the bed now." I instructed.

His eyes got wide when he realized the situation, and he hurriedly put his boxers on and slid under the bed just as Luke barged into the room.

"Jesus, bro, haven't you heard of knocking?!" I whined.

Luke laughed and shook his head.

"No, I have not."

"Okay, so what's up?"

"The boys are coming over for a movie night! Well, at least Ash and Mikey are... Cal's not answering his phone... anyway, come downstairs and join us! I miss you!"

I stifled a laugh with a cough.

"I don't know, Luke, I've got a lot of work..."

"C'mon, please!" My brother pouted. "You can even invite Jess."

"Yeah, Ashton would love that."

Ashton had a well known crush on my best friend, and it became a joke within the group, betting on when they'd officially get together.

"He would." Luke smiled. "But please."

"Fine. Give me time to shower and stuff."

"Yay!" Luke cheered, running out of the room.

Once he was a safe distance away, Calum came out from under the bed.

"Okay, you've gotta go out the window and come in the front door. Pretend your phone died." I instructed.

Calum sighed, coming over to place his hands on my hips.

"When are we just going to tell him, Kenz?" He asked softly.

I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

"Cal..." I bit my lip. "I just don't want him to be mad. This is a band breaking up sort of deal, y'know?"

"Kenz, it's not." Calum said, pulling my lip from between my teeth with his finger. "I really think Luke will understand that we love each other."

"I just... I need more time."

"We've been dating for a year. The longer we put it off the more mad he's going to be."

I sighed again, just as Luke called my name again. I groaned and pushed Calum toward the window.

"Just... Just please. I love you, you know it's not about that."

A small smile appeared on Calum's face as he pulled his clothes on, kissing the top of my head.

"I know, baby. I love you too, okay? I just hate hiding this. I want to go snuggle you during movie night."

I laughed, shaking my head.

"Sorry, bub. I'll try to hold your hand under the blanket. Now go."

He laughed, kissing my lips quickly before climbing out the window. I quickly stripped and got into the shower and I heard the door open and close, Calum announcing his "arrival".

I quickly showered, thinking for a minute that something seemed off, but I shrugged, not being able to figure out what, and turned the water off, getting dressed and dialing my best friend in the process.

"Hey, asshole." She greeted.

I rolled my eyes.

"Hey, buttface." I responded. "So a certain band is back in town and a certain curly haired drummer has requested your appearance at movie night tonight."

I could tell she was blushing, and I laughed.

"Hmm. I'll think about it." She said, which meant that she was coming.

"Bring skittles!" I hung up the phone and put my towel in the hamper before going downstairs to find all of the 5 Seconds Of Summer boys sprawled out on my couch.

"Kenzie!" Michael grinned. "Missed you!"

I smiled, ruffling his now red hair.

"Missed you too, Mikes!"

"Hey, I missed her too!" Ashton whined, standing up to give me a proper hug.

I laughed and hugged him back.

"I missed you too, Ashy!"

When we broke apart, Calum looked at me, smiling.

"Kenz, it's so good to see you again!" He said, standing up to hug me, for maybe a beat too long.

Luckily, the boys were all too engrossed in picking a movie to notice.

Once they settled on Mean Girls to appease Luke, we all sat down. I sat down between Michael and Calum and pulled a blanket over us.

As Jess entered the house with skittles and plopped down next to Ashton, I yawned, leaning my head against the back of the couch as I grabbed Calum's hand under the blanket, entwining our fingers.

I didn't miss the smirk on his face as I turned back to the movie.